vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=170361

cheesegrits 13 Feb 2008 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boofo (Post 1442076)
I sure wish you guys weren't PHP 4 haters. ;)

Someone has to be, otherwise we'll still be having this discussion when PHP20 comes out. PHP4 is a dead language. It has been officially "end of lifed" since the end of last year.

It's time we started exerting pressure as a community on all those hosting companies who refuse to upgrade, by voting with our feet. There are plenty of good hosts who do provide PHP5, and would be more than happy to take your business.

However, in this case the usual excuse that "my host doesn't support it" doesn't fly, as this tool is purely for use on local development machines, where it is up to you what version you run. Even if you still need to code to PHP4 standards, there's no reason you can't run PHP5. Just don't use any of the new features in your code.

If you have to have PHP4 available for testing, just run XAMPP, which has a neat little button that lets you switch between 4 and 5.

-- hugh

cheesegrits 13 Feb 2008 17:36

AJ,

Can you do me a favor and move the config out of the plugin? Even if it's just a simple ACP option with stuff like:

myprojectid;1.0.2
anotherproduct;2.1.1

... and modify the plugin to grab that data and import / export any listed products.

At the moment, whenever we update your product, we lose any config data in the plugin. And lets face it, you do so like to rewrite and update your code. ;)

Speaking of updating, how about also adding the help and version URL's in the product?

-- hugh

waza 13 Feb 2008 21:30

hmm, if i edit a template (file) and save it and refresh my page it shows the changes.
But if I refresh my page again, they are gone...

Edit: i found the problem: he saved it in another style than the style i was working in.

Adrian Schneider 13 Feb 2008 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by waza (Post 1442500)
hmm, if i edit a template (file) and save it and refresh my page it shows the changes.

You'll have to PM me login details to try and debug that one. Try rebuilding your styles to see if that fixes it (does you no good, but narrows it down for me).

I'm about to upload an updated version where the config is moved into options.

cheesegrits 14 Feb 2008 03:10

Quote:

Edit: i found the problem: he saved it in another style than the style i was working in.

I'm testing the new version Aj mentioned. As well as moving the config into an ACP option, I also bullied him adding configurable style-ids per product for import and export. So that will solve your problem.

-- hugh

Adrian Schneider 14 Feb 2008 03:49

What he said.

Right now it defaults to the MASTER STYLE (-1) which is really what you should be using for any development, but I'm sure some of you are stubborn and will use it for customizing templates too. :)

I'll have the updated version uploaded within a few hours.

Appletalk 14 Feb 2008 11:05

The PHP5 restriction is so lame!

kafi 14 Feb 2008 11:35

This sounds like a great tool, I am mad when I edit templates and play with css - copy and pass circle

THANK YOU SIR!!! Will test it with next template changes .-)

Kirk Y 15 Feb 2008 00:38

You're my hero Adrian! I was just ranting to a buddy how at annoying it was to have to copy and paste between my editor and the template manager. :D

cheesegrits 15 Feb 2008 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAdrian (Post 1442660)
Right now it defaults to the MASTER STYLE (-1) which is really what you should be using for any development, but I'm sure some of you are stubborn and will use it for customizing templates too. :)

Well, exactly! And why not? :)

I kinda thought that was the whole point of allowing us to export and import the vbulletin product. As unless we work for Jelsoft, we're unlikely to want to modify the master style for their templates. ;)

BTW, can you add one more teensy feature-ette, and allow us to define the file extension to use? I have added some extra smarts in Komodo to deal with template syntax as well as HTML, but the documents have to be of type .tpl. I stole the XUL from another Komodo extension that adds syntax support for Smarty templates, and tweaked it around a bit.

So, when do we get the APC (Automatic Phrase Compiler)?

-- hugh

Adrian Schneider 15 Feb 2008 01:31

Always wanting more... lol

.html, sure. I'll upload the new copy I guess tomorrow, or maybe tonight.

Quote:

The PHP5 restriction is so lame!
Not as lame as having to use PHP 4!

MrNase 20 Feb 2008 07:53

Quote:

How did you fix it? I have the same problems. :(

cheesegrits 20 Feb 2008 18:05

In your ATC AdminCP settings, in "Configuration Data" you define what style ID the ATC should compile your templates into. For instance, mine looks like this:

./templates, vbulletin, 0, 1
./cheesegrits/staffid/templates, staffid,0,-1
./cheesegrits/aboutme/templates,aboutme,0,-1

The settings define the directory to use for the templates (which MUST be different for each product you create a config for), the product name, the product version (defaults to currently installed version if set to 0) and the styleID.

So I have two mods I'm actively working on (aboutme and staffid), so I'm using the master style for those. But for vB itself, I'm using the Default Style, so my vB template mods don't get written into the master style.

Oh, and you need to make sure you are running the latest version. The first couple of versions didn't have the styleID stuff.

-- hugh

MrNase 20 Feb 2008 19:03

Thanks for helping me! :)

I have the latest version installed (at least I think so, I downloaded the file just a couple of hours ago) and I can't spot a setting where I could configure this Add-on.

I had a look the the product's xml file and it installs just one plugin:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

What do I have to change to make it work? :)

Adrian Schneider 20 Feb 2008 19:36

The current release here has no options, so you just have to edit the plugin data ($config) to change the settings.