vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=249277

The Rocketeer 19 Nov 2011 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryT (Post 2269714)
Before I install this I have one question. When someone connects to my site using mobile device, will they be directed to this style? Or, do they need to be given a different url?

I am pretty sure if you install the mobile detection script mod (that comes with this) then the users mobile device gets detected and then they are auto directed to this style. :)

The Rocketeer 19 Nov 2011 23:22

Well, There has been so many changes that have undergone between vBulletin 4.1.2 - 4.1.8 that some issues are bound to arise unless this style gets updated. I like many others think 4.1.8 warrants an Update, dartho. When will you be updating this? :)

MaXimus 20 Nov 2011 19:55

I installed it but I have a small Glitch

When viewing the mobile site from my BlackBerry smartphone, I see a red x next to each subforum on the left if the image path is wrong (but it's not even supposed to show an image) but when I view the lightweight style from my pc it displays just fine


The way I have setup my forum is, for each subforum there is an image located in a folder, so for example, the first subforum in my Forums is called General Discussion, and the path for its image is /Discuss/ as that Discuss folder contains the same image renamed into:

- forum_link-48
- forum_new_lock-48
- forum_new-48
- forum_old_lock-48
- forum_old-48


This is done to each and every other subforum so maybe that is why it is appearing as an X on the mobile

See how it looks from the PC and mobile below and please advice me what I need to do to not show those Red Xs on the mobile

From PC:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/926/frompc.png



From Mobile:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5912/frommobile.png

dartho 20 Nov 2011 21:55

@MatrixLeader - This style is expecting to find files forum_new_lock-16, forum_old_lock-16, plus any other "16" images from the images/statusicon directory in that directory also

@Filgaa / Rocketeer : one day, one day - the thing is that I don't actually use vb4 so updates can take a while

MaXimus 20 Nov 2011 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2270099)
@MatrixLeader - This style is expecting to find files forum_new_lock-16, forum_old_lock-16, plus any other "16" images from the images/statusicon directory in that directory also

Thanks a lot man! that solved it!

I copied all the images pertaining to -16 from the statusicon root to each individual imaces folder I have assigned to my custom status images and it worked!!!

PS: I've nominated this tyle as style of the month because it simply looks fantastic on a mobile phone

Mr Peabody 21 Nov 2011 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filgga (Post 2269438)
I doubt, when someone goes to the page /private.php there's an error (after upgrade to 4.1.8). The sender of the Private Message is not displayed, you end up getting 'Array' as the sender.

Probably this' facing me alone?

We have the same issue.

Courty 21 Nov 2011 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenamesgould (Post 2269465)
It is great, but I have a few problems. Big row of smileys appears under the edit box when you quote a post, and then when you post that reply, line breaks are removed. The reply box is also wider than the width of the page.

There were solutions to this earlier on in thie thread, but they didn't seem to work as intended for me, so I reverted to the original.

I'd love for those to be fixed, but this is still a great mobile skin, so I still use it.

I have the same issues, and have not been able to find a working solution.

The Rocketeer 23 Nov 2011 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2270099)
one day, one day - the thing is that I don't actually use vb4 so updates can take a while

We'll be waiting and watching dartho. :D

Until then, Could you at least add the edits required or links to the edits on your first post? that way many new users wont have to go through nearly 600 Posts to get it fully stable and working with 4.1.8. :)

thenamesgould 23 Nov 2011 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2270099)
@Filgaa / Rocketeer : one day, one day - the thing is that I don't actually use vb4 so updates can take a while

Whenever you do, I'll be very grateful, but until then I'm just happy to be using it as is. :)

Filgga 24 Nov 2011 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2270099)
@Filgaa / Rocketeer : one day, one day - the thing is that I don't actually use vb4 so updates can take a while

Will appreciate getting in touch with you, I have something personal. Noted and THANKS.

Your inbox is FULL.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Peabody (Post 2270449)
We have the same issue.

I thought it was my own fault, dartho gonna fix this hopefully.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocketeer (Post 2270990)
We'll be waiting and watching dartho. :D

Until then, Could you at least add the edits required or links to the edits on your first post? that way many new users wont have to go through nearly 600 Posts to get it fully stable and working with 4.1.8. :)

Good recommendation, seconded!

dartho 24 Nov 2011 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filgga (Post 2269438)
when someone goes to the page /private.php there's an error (after upgrade to 4.1.8). The sender of the Private Message is not displayed, you end up getting 'Array' as the sender.

Replace the contents of the pm_messagelistbit template with

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


dartho 24 Nov 2011 21:42

Also, to get rid of the vertical smilies in new replies etc, delete the contents of the editor_clientscript template and replace the contents of the editor_ckeditor template with that of the editor_toolbar_offtemplate

Mr Peabody 25 Nov 2011 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2271597)
Replace the contents of the pm_messagelistbit template with

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thanks for that :)

Amadeusmq 25 Nov 2011 20:14

Would it be a great deal of work to make this style work a bit better with this addon: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270346 ?

If you need an example, my forums has a bunch of these (i.e., http://www.isxgames.com/forums/project.php?projectid=3 )

dartho 25 Nov 2011 23:20

@Amadeus - Sorry, that is very unlikely to happen


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:37.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.