vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=145384

vortech1 21 Apr 2007 02:08

Ok got it installed backend seems to work but when I got to the URL I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/stuntusa/public_html/forums/vBChat.php on line 224

You can also see the error here http://www.stuntusa.com/forums/vBChat.php?

I must have missed something simple as I have installed lots of mods, any ideas what I might have missed?

eXtremeTim 21 Apr 2007 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by vortech1 (Post 1232376)
Ok got it installed backend seems to work but when I got to the URL I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/stuntusa/public_html/forums/vBChat.php on line 224

You can also see the error here http://www.stuntusa.com/forums/vBChat.php?

I must have missed something simple as I have installed lots of mods, any ideas what I might have missed?

Are you sure that you uploaded all the new files?

Whos chatting will be coming soon. Right now I didnt spend the time to make it since I am going to release it as an addon for those who wish to use it.

Html parsing was fixed before the hack was ever released. The bbcode and smilies is my bad I forgot to setup the new bbcode parser stuff for 3.6.

tanyeri24 21 Apr 2007 03:21

amazing job!

iHogwarts.com 21 Apr 2007 03:30

The easiest hack I've ever installed ... *CLICKS INSTALL* I think I am going to like vB3 a lot more then vB2. One quick question though.

How do I delete "Default Room" ? I can't find an option to do so. Or How I edit it's name?

I couldn't find it in the admincp or the main options.

Thanks again for the amazing hack.

Edit: I was also wondering if you could tell me how to make it so I can restrict each room to different user groups? It doesn't have to be coded amazingly. Just a basic way of doing it. (I don't need it as an option on the user groups, if I could just put it in the hard code that would work.)

rjmjr69 21 Apr 2007 04:48

Ok so I noticed on the demo site that you have the shoutbox installed and the chat? I assume that is ok having both installed at the same time? I hope it is I'm downloading this and waiting for a reply to install....

Thanks

eXtremeTim 21 Apr 2007 05:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjmjr69 (Post 1232425)
Ok so I noticed on the demo site that you have the shoutbox installed and the chat? I assume that is ok having both installed at the same time? I hope it is I'm downloading this and waiting for a reply to install....

Thanks

yes you can run both together just fine.

auctionguy 21 Apr 2007 05:46

I have installed the chat and everything is perfect except: I am not getting your image, (powered by VB Chat in the room and the smiles are not imaging in the board and all of the BB codes are activated. Could I have forgot something? I know that I uploaded the image, I uploaded to: /images/misc ! Was that the right place to put it?

mktrilogy 21 Apr 2007 06:03

am confuse with the instruction specially for the chron.

i get this

Please Complete All Required Fields

hugh_ 21 Apr 2007 06:40

Will you be including an archive of former posts? It's a pretty central feature in my opinion...

eXtremeTim 21 Apr 2007 06:47

I am currently looking for people who have some free time tonight and would like to help me test and work on v2.6. Since I am working on it right now to get rid of the page reload using ajax.

If you are interested show up in the chat demo and let me know. Since I am currently using the demo as my dev site.

Temporary Release Fix
by eXtremeTim
21 Apr 2007 07:11

1 Attachment(s)
This is the file I have so far of 2.6 where I have fixed a few issues already such as the smilies and bbcode not parsing.

eXtremeTim 21 Apr 2007 07:49

The demo site may be going down for a while as I am contemplating moving it over to ajax in a bit.

Right now I am hard at work cleaning up the core of the system to optimize it and get things running smoother.

projectego 21 Apr 2007 09:46

Thank you! :)

rjmjr69 21 Apr 2007 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXtremeTim (Post 1232463)
I am currently looking for people who have some free time tonight and would like to help me test and work on v2.6. Since I am working on it right now to get rid of the page reload using ajax.

If you are interested show up in the chat demo and let me know. Since I am currently using the demo as my dev site.

I missed you in the chat So I thought I would chime in here. Let me know I'll be around

Dr.Alzaabi 21 Apr 2007 11:38

Great Job, dude

1- how about adding an option that can let the admin to choose which group can create a new room and who can't , it will be great

2- an option that can allow the admin to turn on and off the private msgin

thanx alot