vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=238945

Robbed 01 Aug 2010 23:34

Hopefully he can get this fixed up.

Another issue i notice with lms is when you edit a tournament and change the score type to (Singular Form eg. Point not Points) Kill etc . I don't see it show up anywhere.

Robbed 02 Aug 2010 01:41

Another bug with the double elimnation tournament.

It looks like the 4 losers from the top bracket don't drop down to the bottom bracket. Everything else seems to work after that.

edit... looks like it works fine with 4 players. It only does it with 8 players.

Kr33p3r 03 Aug 2010 22:32

Adding dome more needed features. Unless I am missing the way way to do it.
  1. Link challenge option to profile
  2. Link Challenge option to post bit
  3. Allow searching of ladder members (with 128 members, how are you supposed to find people?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kr33p3r (Post 2077000)
I have some suggestions. I am willing to donate for these features.
  1. Link ladders and tournaments. This way ladders can move and track for tournaments.
  2. Display ladder information in tournament under username.
  3. Allow matchmaking based on tournaments.
  4. Allow custom fields (team name, race, etc.)


kasht 03 Aug 2010 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbed (Post 2077905)
Another bug with the double elimnation tournament.

It looks like the 4 losers from the top bracket don't drop down to the bottom bracket. Everything else seems to work after that.

edit... looks like it works fine with 4 players. It only does it with 8 players.

Hi Robbed,

Are you talking about the 4 losers after the first round of matches? If so, the losers are not supposed to go to the bottom of the bracket. Everybody gets carried to the side, winners to winners side and losers to losers side. Now, the players that lose during winners round 1 from the top of the bracket go down, and viceversa. For winners round 2 the players get passed to the opposite side as they are, and for round 3 it is same as round 1.

You can see how this works by downloading TIO, available here: http://allisbrawl.com/tio/

It is a free software used to run double elimination video game tournaments. It is a great tool, and you can see its behavior by playing around with it.

Or maybe you meant to say exactly what Im saying here... :)

Robbed 03 Aug 2010 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasht (Post 2078776)
Hi Robbed,

Are you talking about the 4 losers after the first round of matches? If so, the losers are not supposed to go to the bottom of the bracket. Everybody gets carried to the side, winners to winners side and losers to losers side. Now, the players that lose during winners round 1 from the top of the bracket go down, and viceversa. For winners round 2 the players get passed to the opposite side as they are, and for round 3 it is same as round 1.

You can see how this works by downloading TIO, available here: http://allisbrawl.com/tio/

It is a free software used to run double elimination video game tournaments. It is a great tool, and you can see its behavior by playing around with it.

Or maybe you meant to say exactly what Im saying here... :)

Well that's how it works for 4 players it moves the losers to the bottom bracket then the losers of round 2 end up meeting them.

It just doesn't do that when you select 8 players. If they didn't go to the bottom bracket they would be out first round.

kasht 03 Aug 2010 23:11

OK, take a look at an 8 man bracket here:

http://www.insidepoolmag.com/documen...%20Bracket.pdf

That will show you visually what I'm talking about. :)

EDIT: Found a 16 man double elim bracket so you can see how it is for later rounds: http://www.insidepoolmag.com/documents/16_double.pdf

Robbed 03 Aug 2010 23:19

Have you tried it with this software. The bracket looks a lot different .

kasht 03 Aug 2010 23:23

Not yet, I was waiting on official support for double elimination brackets. I will however install it tonight and see what it looks like.

There is another really good mod for tournaments, made by Jaxel, but he hasn't made it available for VBulletin 4. His mod includes support to TIO files, and automatically embeds the files to create a bracket in Vbulletin. Pretty neat!

Robbed 03 Aug 2010 23:27

1 Attachment(s)
I attached the image. This only happens with 8 players.

As you see after i advance some rounds the bottom bracket didn't get filled with the 4 losers from the top bracket like it's suppose to.

bananalive 04 Aug 2010 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnz (Post 2074160)
Using Tournaments & Ladders version 4.1.7 on vB 4.0.5:

We just finished our first LMS Tournament and I had problems entering the scores because the "Edit" seems to be missing (where scores are entered).

(image from an earlier version of T&A on vB3.6.8)
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9186/editel.jpg



I had to use .php?do=editplayer&id=XXX in my browser address bar and scrolled through the numbers (XXX) to find the players who needed points attributed to them before I closed the LMS off.

Fixed for next version.

For now, double clicking a score allows you to quickly edit it.

bananalive 04 Aug 2010 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfoAddict (Post 2074807)
I just started our LMS tournament, but there was no way for players to be able to challenge each other.

Is LMS not a "ladder" as I had assumed?

I can't create an actual "ladder", only "tournaments".

'lms' is short for 'last man standing'; it's a type of tournament, often used in on-line multiplayer shooting games

The ladder permissions are in a separate block in usergroup permissions, check them.

bananalive 04 Aug 2010 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbed (Post 2077873)
Hopefully he can get this fixed up.

Another issue i notice with lms is when you edit a tournament and change the score type to (Singular Form eg. Point not Points) Kill etc . I don't see it show up anywhere.

Fixed for next release.

(It's meant to show up next to each player's score in LMS tournaments)

bananalive 04 Aug 2010 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonhind (Post 2077872)
May i ask how you actually play the LMS, what do players do after joining an LMS Tournament ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_man_standing_(gaming)

bananalive 04 Aug 2010 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbed (Post 2077905)
Another bug with the double elimnation tournament.

It looks like the 4 losers from the top bracket don't drop down to the bottom bracket. Everything else seems to work after that.

edit... looks like it works fine with 4 players. It only does it with 8 players.

I'll look into this

Edit: fixed for next release

Gleedo 05 Aug 2010 12:19

Quick question - should you receive any kind of notification (email or pm) when you have been challenged?


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:25.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.