vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=299546

megabink 03 Sep 2013 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2442776)
Thanks I appreciate all support.

Done...purchased the pro version.

EliasAlucard 03 Sep 2013 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2442776)
Thanks I appreciate all support.


I tried this and my ip remains the same. Is this only for certain carriers?

Thanks for the feedback, all is appreciated. :)

Usually it's the case that when you disconnect your mobile device and reconnect, you may get a new IP. It's not really so much a feature of turning on and off airplane mode as it is turning off and on your smartphone, but airplane mode works the same I guess. I would assume the longer you have it on airplane mode, the more likely you will get a new IP once it is turned on.

In any case, I have a new feature request, if possible: blocking entire country IP ranges, and a white-list for that, since I intend to ban various MENA countries from accessing my forum, and white-list the MENA-members I already have on my forum. I can do this via htaccess but it's a pain in the ass, it would be easier to just do it via a plugin.

Bubble #5 03 Sep 2013 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2442776)
I tried this and my ip remains the same. Is this only for certain carriers?

Thanks for the feedback, all is appreciated. :)

To be honest I just heard about it yesterday. I haven't tested it on my phone yet but other people I talked to say it works. What upsets me is that phone manufactures should be smart enough to make airplane mode work ONLY when you're actually in a airplane. Wouldn't be hard for them to do. Then this wouldn't be a real option for hackers.

I'll try to do some more research for you and post back later :)

TheInsaneManiac 03 Sep 2013 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubble #5 (Post 2442787)
To be honest I just heard about it yesterday. I haven't tested it on my phone yet but other people I talked to say it works. What upsets me is that phone manufactures should be smart enough to make airplane mode work ONLY when you're actually in a airplane. Wouldn't be hard for them to do. Then this wouldn't be a real option for hackers.

I'll try to do some more research for you and post back later :)

I wouldn't say they are hackers, merely script kiddies. I mean if they are just having their phone do all the work then that's not really hacking, but regardless, would become annoying.

Bubble #5 03 Sep 2013 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2442797)
I wouldn't say they are hackers, merely script kiddies.

I agree. Phones's doing all the work - good point.

I just tested with my HTS One and it displayed the same IP. Turned Airplane Mode on/off - same IP. Turned phone on/off - same IP. These other people who have told me about this swear that it works, so I'll have to find out what carrier and/or browser they are using because right now I can't duplicate it.

Set3sh 13 Sep 2013 10:01

It's not working for blocking webproxies.
I also tried with template edits off and {vb:raw toralert} added to navbar template.
Here is the site I used for testing http://www.proxyonline.ro
My website is https://www.gamemaniacs.ro
I am using the v4 pro version.

ForceHSS 13 Sep 2013 15:30

1 Attachment(s)
As you see it works on your live site

Set3sh 13 Sep 2013 16:59

Yes it is but it seems it's not blocking all the proxies.
Check my example.

lock255 13 Sep 2013 19:39

I tested with proxy go very famous, site demo (http://www.consolediscussions.com/) but I can not see any populist tone. I would be interested in buying the PRO version.

TheInsaneManiac 14 Sep 2013 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Set3sh (Post 2445358)
Yes it is but it seems it's not blocking all the proxies.
Check my example.

What proxy is not being detected?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lock255 (Post 2445397)
I tested with proxy go very famous, site demo (http://www.consolediscussions.com/) but I can not see any populist tone. I would be interested in buying the PRO version.

What is populist tone?

Bubble #5 14 Sep 2013 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2445508)
What proxy is not being detected?

He may be talking about this;

http://www.proxyonline.ro

:confused:

tambo 24 Sep 2013 19:31

Hmmmm... experiencing lots of problems here. Hoping for some help.

Bought the Pro version as I'm really only interested in restricting proxy registrations. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work. Tried all manner of combination of the settings, but it doesn't seem to be able to restrict registrations without restricting overall viewing access to site.

Added to that, should you be interested only in alerting rather than restricting, the red notification is very flaky... sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't when viewing via a webproxy. Seems to show initially, but then arbitrarily decides to disappear. Not sure if that's a feature of the proxy services I was testing with. The alert message also appears to have problems with long strings when defining a custom message.

Tried reinstalling which worked initially, but then experienced the same issues.

"Redirect to blank" seems to work on the forum pages, but not article/CMS pages. Straightforward "redirects" didn't seem to work and custom error was not shown. Usually results in Not Found error: "The requested URL /forum/proxy.php was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Ack... not quite there yet. Shame, because it's exactly what most sites need in order to operate an effective (and meaningful) discipline system.

vB 4.2.1

ForceHSS 17 Oct 2013 22:35

Have the pro version and it is blocking google saying it is using a proxy can you add something in so it does not block google some kind of box that we can add what bots we want to allow or whatever you think will fix this problem.

TheInsaneManiac 18 Oct 2013 02:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambo (Post 2447722)
Hmmmm... experiencing lots of problems here. Hoping for some help.

Bought the Pro version as I'm really only interested in restricting proxy registrations. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work. Tried all manner of combination of the settings, but it doesn't seem to be able to restrict registrations without restricting overall viewing access to site.

Added to that, should you be interested only in alerting rather than restricting, the red notification is very flaky... sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't when viewing via a webproxy. Seems to show initially, but then arbitrarily decides to disappear. Not sure if that's a feature of the proxy services I was testing with. The alert message also appears to have problems with long strings when defining a custom message.

Tried reinstalling which worked initially, but then experienced the same issues.

"Redirect to blank" seems to work on the forum pages, but not article/CMS pages. Straightforward "redirects" didn't seem to work and custom error was not shown. Usually results in Not Found error: "The requested URL /forum/proxy.php was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Ack... not quite there yet. Shame, because it's exactly what most sites need in order to operate an effective (and meaningful) discipline system.

vB 4.2.1

Yea I am still working on the CMS support, I can't seem to find a hook that works. As far as the popup, the web proxy may be removing scripts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2454268)
Have the pro version and it is blocking google saying it is using a proxy can you add something in so it does not block google some kind of box that we can add what bots we want to allow or whatever you think will fix this problem.

Do you mean like google cache?

ForceHSS 18 Oct 2013 03:51

Never looked at that i just seen it was a google bot

tambo 19 Oct 2013 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2454325)
Yea I am still working on the CMS support, I can't seem to find a hook that works. As far as the popup, the web proxy may be removing scripts.

I think the big issue for me was that it didn't prevent registration... which is really what I bought it for. The number of idiots we have using proxies as a means of creating troll accounts meant that this feature is sorely needed.

Perhaps I've set it up wrong?

Bubble #5 19 Oct 2013 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambo (Post 2454602)
I think the big issue for me was that it didn't prevent registration... which is really what I bought it for. The number of idiots we have using proxies as a means of creating troll accounts meant that this feature is sorely needed.

+1.

Much needed for this.

ForceHSS 23 Oct 2013 17:49

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 146941

TheInsaneManiac 27 Oct 2013 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambo (Post 2454602)
I think the big issue for me was that it didn't prevent registration... which is really what I bought it for. The number of idiots we have using proxies as a means of creating troll accounts meant that this feature is sorely needed.

Perhaps I've set it up wrong?

Everything has to be enabled for Registration to be blocked, this will be fixed in the next release. I have gotten really busy with a project from work. I'll see if I can't finalize this tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2455583)

I'll add a whitelist, this probably has to do with the lan detection.

Nirjonadda 27 Oct 2013 12:20

1 Attachment(s)
What mod using on your live Demo site? About Tab.

Attachment 146976

ozzy47 27 Oct 2013 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirjonadda (Post 2456574)
What mod using on your live Demo site? About Tab.

Attachment 146976

That would be this mod, [YUI] Tabbed Forum Home

ForceHSS 27 Oct 2013 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2456569)
Everything has to be enabled for Registration to be blocked, this will be fixed in the next release. I have gotten really busy with a project from work. I'll see if I can't finalize this tonight.


I'll add a whitelist, this probably has to do with the lan detection.

can you email me the new updated pro version them

ForceHSS 30 Oct 2013 11:11

You got to love the 0 support for this mod and I got the paid version. Think I will be asking for my cash back soon

TheInsaneManiac 09 Nov 2013 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2457232)
You got to love the 0 support for this mod and I got the paid version. Think I will be asking for my cash back soon

I'm sorry you feel that way, I have been replying to all that have been emailing me, but perhaps you hit my spam folder and I did not receive your email. I will gladly issue a refund, sorry for any inconveniences.

ForceHSS 09 Nov 2013 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2459481)
I'm sorry you feel that way, I have been replying to all that have been emailing me, but perhaps you hit my spam folder and I did not receive your email. I will gladly issue a refund, sorry for any inconveniences.

Hard to email you as I don't have an email for you and I was talking about this post http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...69#post2456569 (you said in that post on the 27th that you would have the next update for the pro version still waiting for it. If you have lost my email them pm me I will give it to you) 14 days ago when I was talking about 0 support in other words login more to support your mods

TheInsaneManiac 09 Nov 2013 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2459504)
Hard to email you as I don't have an email for you and I was talking about this post http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...69#post2456569 (you said in that post on the 27th that you would have the next update for the pro version still waiting for it. If you have lost my email them pm me I will give it to you) 14 days ago when I was talking about 0 support in other words login more to support your mods

I sent out an email about a week ago for an update. Are you sure you don't have me marked as spam? I will resend it out just in case it was an issue on my side.

Edit: Also I have set aside time to work on the premium version today, will be bringing allow/disallow bots to this future version, but are there any other features you would like to see while I am working on this feature today?

ForceHSS 09 Nov 2013 23:03

Got the email a few hrs ago but not a week ago

EliasAlucard 09 Nov 2013 23:11

New update seems awesome, I'll be installing it soon.

I'd like to request VPN blocking mode in the next update (and a VPN whitelist for specific hosts).

Port 1701 and 1723 are used for PPTP if I remember correctly, not sure what ports OpenVPN uses.

qpurser 09 Nov 2013 23:36

I am trying your mod on my test server and it worked pretty well when I tried to access from the TOR browser.
I just noticed one thing:
I have the option "Would you like to block registration from proxies?" enabled and when I try to register via the TOR browser I can enter day of birth but when going to the next step I get this error:

Could not find phrase 'proxy_alert_registration'.

Thanks for any help

TheInsaneManiac 10 Nov 2013 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by qpurser (Post 2459545)
I am trying your mod on my test server and it worked pretty well when I tried to access from the TOR browser.
I just noticed one thing:
I have the option "Would you like to block registration from proxies?" enabled and when I try to register via the TOR browser I can enter day of birth but when going to the next step I get this error:

Could not find phrase 'proxy_alert_registration'.

Thanks for any help

vBulletin 4.0 or 3.8?

qpurser 10 Nov 2013 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2459548)
vBulletin 4.0 or 3.8?

4.2.1

TheInsaneManiac 10 Nov 2013 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by qpurser (Post 2459705)
4.2.1

That's weird, I don't get that message. It sounds like the phrase never got added. Try uninstalling the product and reinstalling. When uninstalling you will need to reupload your files to the server from the zip files upload folder.

You could also add the phrase in AdminCP:
NAME: proxy_alert_registration

DATA: You were detected using a proxy. We do not allow registration from proxies. If you believe this detection was in error, please <a href="sendmessage.php">contact</a> your webmaster.


1.6 has been released:
User ID Whitelist
Bot detection fix
IP Whitelist [PRO]
Registration blocker works with ip address whitelist [PRO]

Alan_SP 11 Nov 2013 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by madness85 (Post 2441185)
Could we have new thread on detection personally prefer this option :)

This is something I too would like to have very much.

EDIT: And yes, how we can enable spiders, especially Google and Google AdSense to freely scan our sites?

TheInsaneManiac 11 Nov 2013 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan_SP (Post 2459844)
This is something I too would like to have very much.

EDIT: And yes, how we can enable spiders, especially Google and Google AdSense to freely scan our sites?

Ahh yes thanks for reminding me. As far as the bots the new version allows bots to bypass the checks. If you are still noticing bots being blocked PM me with the name of the bot so I can add them to the white list.

The thread notification is fairly easy to do. I will probably add this to the free version along with the pro. I plan on adding a Database logging through the Admin Panel for larger boards that don't want a flood of PMs/Threads/Emails. Maybe I will come up with a cron job to email weekly when new ones have been logged or possibly even email the log, so that way it is all in one email instead of multiple. The possibilities are endless! lol.

Alan_SP 11 Nov 2013 20:40

This with weekly email would be nice, but having thread created, for all moderators to be informed is a very welcome option, so we could allow people to use proxies, but watch them more closely.

And, how can I manually add spiders? Through their UA, or differently? I'm still not installing it, as this is very important for me, so I'm waiting to know how to do this.

TheInsaneManiac 12 Nov 2013 06:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan_SP (Post 2459994)
This with weekly email would be nice, but having thread created, for all moderators to be informed is a very welcome option, so we could allow people to use proxies, but watch them more closely.

And, how can I manually add spiders? Through their UA, or differently? I'm still not installing it, as this is very important for me, so I'm waiting to know how to do this.

Yes

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Of course if you wanted to just allow a few bots and not all (The ones you know are good bots) then you could just check the user agent for Googlebot or multiple other bots.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Alan_SP 12 Nov 2013 20:10

This looks pretty complicated. Where it should go?

Would your mod be able to work in report only mod, without actually blocking anyone and just creating threads with users who use proxies?

TheInsaneManiac 13 Nov 2013 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan_SP (Post 2460186)
This looks pretty complicated. Where it should go?

Would your mod be able to work in report only mod, without actually blocking anyone and just creating threads with users who use proxies?

As of now, no. I can code this feature though. I'm still working on database logging, once that is completed I will work on that as well. Give me a few days.

dsantana 13 Nov 2013 20:45

I installed the Pro version today and used this site http://anonymizer.nntime.com/ to access my site. Do I not have it set up correctly? Because I was able to login...

qpurser 14 Nov 2013 14:03

Testing this promising mod and it successfully denied me access using the TOR browser.

I have a quick question:
I enabled: Would you like to enable Tor Alert for lan proxies?

Now I got several PM's telling me what users are detected using a LAN proxy. I know those users and they are trusted.

Are they actually blocked and don't have access or is it just an info I get in the PM and those users can access the forum?

Thanks

TheInsaneManiac 15 Nov 2013 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by qpurser (Post 2460652)
Testing this promising mod and it successfully denied me access using the TOR browser.

I have a quick question:
I enabled: Would you like to enable Tor Alert for lan proxies?

Now I got several PM's telling me what users are detected using a LAN proxy. I know those users and they are trusted.

Are they actually blocked and don't have access or is it just an info I get in the PM and those users can access the forum?

Thanks

Right now if you don't have redirect on, it's just an alert to the users. In the next version logging only option is available. It's about 50% done, should be done by the end of the weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsantana (Post 2460477)
I installed the Pro version today and used this site http://anonymizer.nntime.com/ to access my site. Do I not have it set up correctly? Because I was able to login...

That website will not load for me to test. However, not this version, but a future version I am going to incorporate a blacklist as well.

qpurser 15 Nov 2013 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2460808)
Right now if you don't have redirect on, it's just an alert to the users. In the next version logging only option is available. It's about 50% done, should be done by the end of the weekend.

Thank you. I got the PRO version in the mean time.
I know PRO versions can't be discussed here on the forum.
Can I PM you if I have any questions regarding your mod?

TheInsaneManiac 15 Nov 2013 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by qpurser (Post 2460908)
Thank you. I got the PRO version in the mean time.
I know PRO versions can't be discussed here on the forum.
Can I PM you if I have any questions regarding your mod?

Yes of course.

Alan_SP 16 Nov 2013 00:33

Could we redirect proxy users to some URL we choose? So we can explain them there that they couldn't use our site till they use proxy?

At the moment I think they only receive message that they use proxy (so they know we know :D), or they get redirected to proxy.php, without any message. What if we want to explain them that proxy isn't allowed here?

TheInsaneManiac 18 Nov 2013 05:09

Just an update, new version is about 75% completed. May just release without database logging for a bit. Having some back end issues with server loads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan_SP (Post 2461025)
Could we redirect proxy users to some URL we choose? So we can explain them there that they couldn't use our site till they use proxy?

At the moment I think they only receive message that they use proxy (so they know we know :D), or they get redirected to proxy.php, without any message. What if we want to explain them that proxy isn't allowed here?

The proxy.php page is customizable with it's own message.

Spangle 18 Nov 2013 20:23

Sorry if this sounds a bit thick, but does it catch those already registered who are using a proxy ?

faisaly.com 18 Nov 2013 20:51

this blocks transparent proxies configured by some internet providers, sad

Alan_SP 19 Nov 2013 02:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2461673)
The proxy.php page is customizable with it's own message.

This is good to know. :up:

TheInsaneManiac 24 Nov 2013 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spangle (Post 2461910)
Sorry if this sounds a bit thick, but does it catch those already registered who are using a proxy ?

Yes it does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by faisaly.com (Post 2461916)
this blocks transparent proxies configured by some internet providers, sad

This is why I incorporated an IP whitelist, just in case. :)


Just an update, I am still working on the logging feature, I'll probably just release the thread logging feature and then continue working on the database logging.

faisaly.com 24 Nov 2013 17:54

correct but using this blocks alot of guests from registering because it blocks the transparent proxy and there is no way around it...

alot of isps use this, its not a browser configuration

Spangle 24 Nov 2013 19:31

This will block a lot of guests using a proxy that is true, but I'd rather lose one genuine registrant, than allow in a person who is going to disrupt the forum

TheInsaneManiac 24 Nov 2013 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by faisaly.com (Post 2463387)
correct but using this blocks alot of guests from registering because it blocks the transparent proxy and there is no way around it...

alot of isps use this, its not a browser configuration

If you don't have it set to block complete access, then they can still email you if there are any issues. Then you can add them to the whitelist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spangle (Post 2463421)
This will block a lot of guests using a proxy that is true, but I'd rather lose one genuine registrant, than allow in a person who is going to disrupt the forum

Exactly. Learned this the hard way, and if there are issues with genuine members then they can still email you if the block access option isn't selected.

djbaxter 24 Nov 2013 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2463453)
If you don't have it set to block complete access, then they can still email you if there are any issues. Then you can add them to the whitelist.


Exactly. Learned this the hard way, and if there are issues with genuine members then they can still email you if the block access option isn't selected.

How exactly are you defining "block access"?

TheInsaneManiac 25 Nov 2013 05:32

Another update for you all. I am now finalizing the post to thread, it appeared that I could not port it from the 3.8 version I was using so I am researching more into that so I can release both 4.0 and 3.8 together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2463461)
How exactly are you defining "block access"?

https://www.torproject.org/projects/tordnsel.html.en

I use the information provided by tor

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Then the whitelist is just comparing IPs

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


faisaly.com 25 Nov 2013 15:31

Quote:

This will block a lot of guests using a proxy that is true, but I'd rather lose one genuine registrant, than allow in a person who is going to disrupt the forum
That's not true, there ae millions of isps that use transparent proxies. What makes you think they are trouble makers? if there is trouble deal with it after!

Also as everyone knows, blocking proxies blocks many users around the world that have to use them in order to view sites.

You must understand how proxies work before blocking a person ffrom doing no harm!

ForceHSS 25 Nov 2013 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2463542)
Another update for you all. I am now finalizing the post to thread, it appeared that I could not port it from the 3.8 version I was using so I am researching more into that so I can release both 4.0 and 3.8 together.



https://www.torproject.org/projects/tordnsel.html.en

I use the information provided by tor

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Then the whitelist is just comparing IPs

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Any new updates for pro version if so can you email them

djbaxter 26 Nov 2013 14:56

This (pro version) seems to be increasing load time for my forum.

Am I correct in assuming that it checks for proxies on every post or page load?

If so, can we have an option for checking on registration only?

TheInsaneManiac 28 Nov 2013 06:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2463849)
This (pro version) seems to be increasing load time for my forum.

Am I correct in assuming that it checks for proxies on every post or page load?

If so, can we have an option for checking on registration only?

Coming in the new version, still working out some kinks. Yes it does check on every page load, but that is why I am implementing use of SQL, so that it can log usernames and no longer run all the checks on users every time. Now that I think about it, I will add an option to only check registered users, and only registration. I'm going to have to recode a few things. Need to organize my code a bit better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2463677)
Any new updates for pro version if so can you email them

Do you mean product updates or like updates about the pro in general? I'm hoping to release soon, having a wee bit of issues with server loads as mentioned above. Working on recoding some things for optimization.

djbaxter 30 Nov 2013 18:02

Another suggestion: Would like to be able to whitelist blocks of IP addresses, like the Google proxy used by Chromebooks and some Androids.

For example, 66.249.85.0/24 or 66.249.85.0/16

Using the Pro version on just one forum so far but if this can be made to work the way I need it I would be looking at buying 4 more licenses.

TheInsaneManiac 30 Nov 2013 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2464824)
Another suggestion: Would like to be able to whitelist blocks of IP addresses, like the Google proxy used by Chromebooks and some Androids.

For example, 66.249.85.0/24 or 66.249.85.0/16

Using the Pro version on just one forum so far but if this can be made to work the way I need it I would be looking at buying 4 more licenses.

I can arrange this. I just didn't think it was too needed, but I ran into a circumstance a couple days ago where I wish I had this haha. I'll see about adding this into the next version.

djbaxter 30 Nov 2013 21:04

Excellent. Thank you. :)

EliasAlucard 01 Dec 2013 01:22

Hey Insane, do you have any plans blocking VPN with this plugin?

Alan_SP 01 Dec 2013 04:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2464283)
Now that I think about it, I will add an option to only check registered users, and only registration.

Actually this would be very useful. :up: We usually don't worry about our guests.

TheInsaneManiac 01 Dec 2013 05:01

1.7 Released!
Thread Posting on Detection [PRO]
Added Member Only Detection
Added Global Enable/Disable
Restructured Code
Optimized Code


Quote:

Originally Posted by EliasAlucard (Post 2464879)
Hey Insane, do you have any plans blocking VPN with this plugin?

Not at this time. There are too many VPNs out there, and the amount of resources it would use would be more hassle than it's worth. It could be possible in the future once I get database logging integrated, as I can reference back to avoid detecting the same members over and over again.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan_SP (Post 2464895)
Actually this would be very useful. :up: We usually don't worry about our guests.

Awesome! I'll try to incorporate in next version.

djbaxter 01 Dec 2013 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2463849)
This (pro version) seems to be increasing load time for my forum.

Am I correct in assuming that it checks for proxies on every post or page load?

If so, can we have an option for checking on registration only?

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2464824)
Another suggestion: Would like to be able to whitelist blocks of IP addresses, like the Google proxy used by Chromebooks and some Androids.

For example, 66.249.85.0/24 or 66.249.85.0/16

Using the Pro version on just one forum so far but if this can be made to work the way I need it I would be looking at buying 4 more licenses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2464842)
I can arrange this. I just didn't think it was too needed, but I ran into a circumstance a couple days ago where I wish I had this haha. I'll see about adding this into the next version.

1. Were these two features included in the latest update?

2. Are they included in the Pro version? Where do I get the latest Pro version?

TheInsaneManiac 01 Dec 2013 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2464996)
1. Were these two features included in the latest update?

2. Are they included in the Pro version? Where do I get the latest Pro version?

Member only checking is in the free version, which checks only the registered members if they are using a proxy to reduce server load, I don't do anything to hinder the free version to require an upgrade to the pro. I try to keep them similar so if a member wishes to give support then they can purchase the pro to gain additional features. Right now they both do have a registration only option, but the AdminCP setup was kind of complicated, so in the new version, both the free and the pro will have a registration only option.

As far as the ip option, that would be a pro only feature, but may be posted to the free version, once I get database logging and checking functionality integrated into the pro. With the pro version you should be able to use an * as a wildard in the ip field:
192.168.1.*

To allow ranges. Ill see about blocks in the next version.

To view all the features and pricing visit my Products and Services page. This gives you lifetime access to all updates, so you will receive an email each time I update the product, with a new download link.

Also, to help keep in conjunction with vBulletin rules, if you have inquiries about the pro version, please PM me. Thank you. :)

ForceHSS 03 Dec 2013 01:30

here you have latest 1.7.5 but my pro version is 1.6.7

TheInsaneManiac 03 Dec 2013 04:12

1.8 has been released!
Registration Detection Only
Added Link to Change Registration Detection Message
Fixed Issue w/ Registration Detection
Reduced Queries Further


Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2465327)
here you have latest 1.7.5 but my pro version is 1.6.7

Free version numbers differentiate from the pro. The pro is more up to date. I'm still adding some final touches on the Pro before I release. There was a bug in the free version not in the pro that I had to fix.

Update: I changed the Pro to reflect the same version as the Free. So now when you version check your products you can see if you are up to date. I will try to keep the versions the same, but I sometimes there are bugs in one that are not present in another. I apologize for any inconveniences or confusion this may have caused.

djbaxter 03 Dec 2013 14:55

Bug? With the latest version, I was just notified that I am using a tor proxy. I am not. Just regular old Rogers cable ISP. No proxy whatsoever.

djbaxter 03 Dec 2013 15:08

Version 1.8 Pro: At the moment, there are two members active on the test forum, including me. Both are being identified as using a tor. Neither are in fact.

TheInsaneManiac 04 Dec 2013 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2465449)
Version 1.8 Pro: At the moment, there are two members active on the test forum, including me. Both are being identified as using a tor. Neither are in fact.

Acknowledged. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I rewrote about 20% of the pro version to drastically reduce queries executed and I see where the bug is. I'll post an update as soon as I finish. :)

Also just a side note, any bugs please post on the Pro version's Support Forums so I can comply with vB.org's rules. Thanks a bunch. :)

Just to clarify this bug is not present in the free version.

webmastersitesi 08 Dec 2013 10:02

i tested 4.2.2 looks not working... any update soon?

TheInsaneManiac 09 Dec 2013 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmastersitesi (Post 2466755)
i tested 4.2.2 looks not working... any update soon?

Yea sorry, the new product will work with 4.2.2.

ForceHSS 09 Dec 2013 05:40

any fix for the latest pro version as all u sent was a patch waiting for 1.9

djbaxter 09 Dec 2013 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2466980)
any fix for the latest pro version as all u sent was a patch waiting for 1.9

Here's the link for questions about the Pro version:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2465537)
any bugs please post on the Pro version's Support Forums so I can comply with vB.org's rules.


TheInsaneManiac 09 Dec 2013 23:55

Just an update, still working on the product. Converting everything over to 4.2.2 since it broke the product in the 4.2.2 vB update. Should be finished by tonight hopefully.

djbaxter 10 Dec 2013 02:17

Just an FYI:

1. Your pro support forum is giving an error.

2. When installing Pro v 1.9, it still says "installing v. 1.8" and in the product list it is still identified as 1.9

TheInsaneManiac 10 Dec 2013 06:30

1.9 Reeased!
Fix for 4.2.2
AdminCP Manager
Pro Feature Ported to Free (Block Registration Even When Proxy Disabled)

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2467218)
Just an FYI:

1. Your pro support forum is giving an error.

2. When installing Pro v 1.9, it still says "installing v. 1.8" and in the product list it is still identified as 1.9

You must have downloaded the wrong version, sellfy has been acting iffy with downloads. I will PM you the correct one.

Yes I am aware, when I uninstalled to test the free version I did not upload the functions file which was causing an issue. I got side tracked on something that came up and didn't get around to uploading it for a couple hours.

There is one bug with the registration detection I will kick out tomorrow. Other than that, I would say it's about ready for me to implement the database detection and range detection. :)

ForceHSS 10 Dec 2013 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2467249)
1.9 Reeased!
Fix for 4.2.2
AdminCP Manager
Pro Feature Ported to Free (Block Registration Even When Proxy Disabled)



You must have downloaded the wrong version, sellfy has been acting iffy with downloads. I will PM you the correct one.

Yes I am aware, when I uninstalled to test the free version I did not upload the functions file which was causing an issue. I got side tracked on something that came up and didn't get around to uploading it for a couple hours.

There is one bug with the registration detection I will kick out tomorrow. Other than that, I would say it's about ready for me to implement the database detection and range detection. :)

I will wait for the pro version 2.0 to fix the registration bug no point in installing a bugged pro version

TheInsaneManiac 11 Dec 2013 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2467257)
I will wait for the pro version 2.0 to fix the registration bug no point in installing a bugged pro version

Fixed. :)

ForceHSS 11 Dec 2013 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2467514)
Fixed. :)

Is that the one i got in a email 1.9.1

TheInsaneManiac 11 Dec 2013 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2467517)
Is that the one i got in a email 1.9.1

Yes, it was just a bug with the IP detection, nothing major. All is fixed now :)

I had to manually link it since the commerce site is not properly updating files.

RichieBoy67 13 Dec 2013 08:34

I just bought the paid version. For $5 it seems well worth it. I was surprised actually! It seems like most times I go to buy a premium version it ends up costing more than Vbulletin when you add up yearly or monthly upgrade fees. So thanks for keeping the price low!

Just for clarification, this will block tor users/redirect? Also, what is the auto edit templates thing about? For the warning message?

All I really need this for is to block tor users. I do not care about a warning message or anything. Is it possible to use this mod that way?

Thanks again! Good work!

Stevenwi 15 Dec 2013 08:14

Installed :)

TheInsaneManiac 15 Dec 2013 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 (Post 2467961)
I just bought the paid version. For $5 it seems well worth it. I was surprised actually! It seems like most times I go to buy a premium version it ends up costing more than Vbulletin when you add up yearly or monthly upgrade fees. So thanks for keeping the price low!

Just for clarification, this will block tor users/redirect? Also, what is the auto edit templates thing about? For the warning message?

All I really need this for is to block tor users. I do not care about a warning message or anything. Is it possible to use this mod that way?

Thanks again! Good work!

No problem man. I know how it is, I always had to purchase mods like vBSEO and such and non were below $50, SEO was over $100 which was pretty close to vBulletin. So I try to keep all of my modifications cheap. I don't believe in the saying "If it sounds too good to be true, then it is." I like to prove sayings like that wrong haha. At most when the modification is fully developed to where my expectations were when I originally thought up the modification would be less than $20 and I plan to still keep it there, but as I bring more features to the modification from my original plan, I have others I add in there. Regardless, when/if I decide to raise the price, those who purchased for the lower price will be grandfathered into that and will continue to receive all updates as they are released. Haha it actually seems the closer I get to finishing the modification, the further I get from finishing it.

Yes in the settings disable Web, and Lan proxy detection, and enable redirection. This will only block tor users.

The auto templates will manually perform the template edits for the detection message.

Yes you can block just tor users, redirect them to proxy.php or even redirect them to a blank page. You can also log who is detected and have it message you through PM, Email, or even Threads. I also plan to have a log displayed in the AdminCP in the future as well.

leemart44 16 Dec 2013 15:51

Caused fatal error, removed

djbaxter 16 Dec 2013 16:01

See PM: There still may be a problem with how Tor proxies are defined.

djbaxter 16 Dec 2013 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by leemart44 (Post 2468695)
Caused fatal error, removed

That's entirely useless as a bug report, since you don't even identify the specific error message you received.

TheInsaneManiac 16 Dec 2013 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by leemart44 (Post 2468695)
Caused fatal error, removed

Is there any specific setting you applied that caused this error, or was this from initial install? I need more information in order to resolve.

RichieBoy67 16 Dec 2013 19:31

I would like more information as well. I am using without any issues but only blocking tor and I have not yet tested to see if it is working. No errors here though so far.

RichieBoy67 16 Dec 2013 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2468507)
No problem man. I know how it is, I always had to purchase mods like vBSEO and such and non were below $50, SEO was over $100 which was pretty close to vBulletin. So I try to keep all of my modifications cheap. I don't believe in the saying "If it sounds too good to be true, then it is." I like to prove sayings like that wrong haha. At most when the modification is fully developed to where my expectations were when I originally thought up the modification would be less than $20 and I plan to still keep it there, but as I bring more features to the modification from my original plan, I have others I add in there. Regardless, when/if I decide to raise the price, those who purchased for the lower price will be grandfathered into that and will continue to receive all updates as they are released. Haha it actually seems the closer I get to finishing the modification, the further I get from finishing it.

Yes in the settings disable Web, and Lan proxy detection, and enable redirection. This will only block tor users.

The auto templates will manually perform the template edits for the detection message.

Yes you can block just tor users, redirect them to proxy.php or even redirect them to a blank page. You can also log who is detected and have it message you through PM, Email, or even Threads. I also plan to have a log displayed in the AdminCP in the future as well.

The log feature sounds very useful! Great work on this!

TheInsaneManiac 16 Dec 2013 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 (Post 2468758)
I would like more information as well. I am using without any issues but only blocking tor and I have not yet tested to see if it is working. No errors here though so far.

Download Tor Bundle and test it out. It's a portable Tor Browser.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 (Post 2468759)
The log feature sounds very useful! Great work on this!

Thanks man. I'm looking forward to it as well.

RichieBoy67 16 Dec 2013 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2468826)
Download Tor Bundle and test it out. It's a portable Tor Browser.


Thanks man. I'm looking forward to it as well.

Thanks, I already have that and have had for awhile but just haven't tested the site on it yet. I will check it out tonight but I am not too worried about it not working. :)

qpurser 17 Dec 2013 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 (Post 2468833)
Thanks, I already have that and have had for awhile but just haven't tested the site on it yet. I will check it out tonight but I am not too worried about it not working. :)

I did and tried it out. Works perfect. :)
Good also to try out the various settings (redirecting, pages etc.) for this mod.

TheInsaneManiac 25 Dec 2013 21:46

Just posting an update guys, I am in training at a new job, and haven't had a day off in a couple weeks. Should be able to work some more on the product here in about a week or so. Appreciate everyone's patience.

RichieBoy67 26 Dec 2013 05:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by qpurser (Post 2468948)
I did and tried it out. Works perfect. :)
Good also to try out the various settings (redirecting, pages etc.) for this mod.

I tested out the tor blocking finally and it does work perfectly. Great extra layer of security!

Thanks

CUBS 26 Dec 2013 07:59

so you can have this mod enabled and just detect those who have tor and not block them with just a security alert or you cab block them depends on what I want correct

qpurser 26 Dec 2013 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUBS (Post 2470592)
so you can have this mod enabled and just detect those who have tor and not block them with just a security alert or you cab block them depends on what I want correct

That is correct.
Just select the options you want to activate/deactivate

ckgb 27 Dec 2013 14:56

I'm lost here. Where do I go to purchase the PRO version of the product?

Thank You

webmastersitesi 27 Dec 2013 15:19

does it work 4.2 x


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.