vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=94338

[HOW-TO] Easy way of finding executed hook locations
by Marco van Herwaarden
15 Aug 2005 14:15

If you are developing a new hack, you are sometimes lost on which hooks are executed and in which order. You could ofcourse go check teh source files, but there is also another way:

open your includes/class_hook.php, and find:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Below it add:

While you are in debug mode, it will show you the list of all hooks executed. When you are saving data and are returned to another page, this will ofcourse not work, since you will not be able to see the information.

Marco van Herwaarden 15 Aug 2005 14:35

PS on my Dev-Board, i have redirection message enabled, and i edited the STANDARD_REDIRECT template. I added a condition to disable the redirect script from being executed if running in debug mode, so i have all time to look at the DEVDEBUG information. To proceed to the next (redirected) page, simply click on proceed.

fly 07 Sep 2005 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcoH64
PS on my Dev-Board, i have redirection message enabled, and i edited the STANDARD_REDIRECT template. I added a condition to disable the redirect script from being executed if running in debug mode, so i have all time to look at the DEVDEBUG information. To proceed to the next (redirected) page, simply click on proceed.

Can you post how you did that?

Marco van Herwaarden 07 Sep 2005 06:02

Just surrounded the JavaScript part of the STANDARD_REDIRECT template with:

i think

fly 14 Sep 2005 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcoH64
If you are developing a new hack, you are sometimes lost on which hooks are executed and in which order. You could ofcourse go check teh source files, but there is also another way:

open your includes/class_hook.php, and find:

Below it add:

While you are in debug mode, it will show you the list of all hooks executed. When you are saving data and are returned to another page, this will ofcourse not work, since you will not be able to see the information.

Hmmm. This doesn't seem to be working for me. Im not seeing any of the hooks show up...

Andreas 14 Sep 2005 00:41

It does work for sure.
Do you have Debug Mode enabled?

fly 14 Sep 2005 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirbyDE
It does work for sure.
Do you have Debug Mode enabled?

Yeah, I do. Where would I see these hooks then? It's obviously a simple change, what am I missing?

Andreas 14 Sep 2005 13:32

It's in the Debug-Dropdown at the Bottom of the Page, right above the Template Usage Table.

bigtime 25 Jul 2006 20:52

I couldn't get my admin panel redirect to not redirect. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Tim