vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=206169

jskoh 05 Apr 2009 10:45

1 Attachment(s)
how should i do for this txt file? upload it? and previously have a .htaccess file from vbseo. should i overwrite it?

EagleNick 05 Apr 2009 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jskoh (Post 1784175)
how should i do for this txt file? upload it? and previously have a .htaccess file from vbseo. should i overwrite it?

No, you don't overwrite your current one. Follow what the directions say: copy the contents of the new .htaccess and ADD it to your current one.

iojam 06 Apr 2009 13:31

crazlunatic,

try to submit it manually to Google: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dashboard

jmw,

you can disable some URL types to reduce the number of entries in sitemap (like showpost, member profiles, tag pages).

Catherines WC,

make sure that you completed all steps as described in installtion instructions (including .htaccess entry). You should submit forums/sitemap_index.xml.gz then.

Chris! 07 Apr 2009 03:55

Everything worked fine with the sitemap generator for quite some time and then out of the blue I've started getting some issues with Google.

On my Google sitemaps page it now says I have two site maps....

forums/sitemap_index.xml.gz

forums/external.php?type=RSS2

The second one has errors which all seem to be related to new posts...

forums/showthread.php?t=14204&goto=newpost

Any ideas on how to correct this? Perhaps append the .htaccess file? And if so, what do I add to it?

Thanks in advance. :)

-Chris

iojam 07 Apr 2009 04:05

vBSEO Sitemap Generator creates only sitemap_*.xml.gz sitemaps, the second one is not related to it.

thetgc 09 Apr 2009 13:53

When i make a sitemap and then click on the url to it in the cp i get this

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Is this right? or is there something wrong... can someone help me please?

Thanks

iojam 09 Apr 2009 16:13

Yes, it looks ok.

crazlunatic 12 Apr 2009 16:11

hey, my sitemap has been unable to be downloaded by google, any ideas why?

iojam 12 Apr 2009 22:04

What exactly is the error message you get?

kronnos 13 Apr 2009 09:38

My first sitemap has just been created but there seems to be a problem(or not)...

When i check the summary I got in the e-mail all the x numbers are double then they should be.

Show Thread: A number 2x the amount of threads I have
Show Post: A number 2x the amount of posts I have
Member Profiles: A number 2x the amount of users I have

Im not sure of the other summary options because these are the easiest ones to check but is there something wrong or is it supposed to be that way? What can I do to correct it if its not supposed to happen?

Thanks

EDIT:

OK, I looked through the sitemap that was generated and it included all the non-rewriten and all rewriten pages. Is this normal and would this be considered duplicate content?

BTW, I also have vBSEO installed.

iojam 13 Apr 2009 19:52

Make sure that you have "Include old URLs" option disabled.

kronnos 13 Apr 2009 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by iojam (Post 1790402)
Make sure that you have "Include old URLs" option disabled.

The option to include old urls is set to yes, but this is what it says "While vBSEO will automatically 301-redirect old (dynamic) URLs to the newly formatted static URLs, some users may opt to include the old URLs in the sitemap to ensure Google finds the redirect headers for each page. Include this option until you note that most old URLs have been purged from Google."

Since I just installed vBSEO, and if I understand that message correctly, it says I should/could leave this option on untill old url are gone from google. What I dont understand is how will they disappear if I will be constantly including them in the sitemap. Please explain this option a bit more to me so I know what to do.

Thanks

EagleNick 14 Apr 2009 21:50

Does this mod add vBAdvanced pages to the sitemap?

Thanks.

Mattcch 16 Apr 2009 11:39

Install ok.
Thanks a lots.

Any coming timeline for "moreover" & "m$ live engine?"

iojam 16 Apr 2009 21:46

Quote:

Does this mod add vBAdvanced pages to the sitemap?
There is an add-on included for vBa cmps.