vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=316501

TheLastSuperman 08 Jan 2015 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirjonadda (Post 2531334)
I hate any mod from Christos Teriakis, Its more then dead projects because he/she like to change username or support website name.

Nick is Christos from what I recall, needless to say if you're not happy with a coder and/or his products or services you should not be using them, if you do then the need to comment is no longer your prerogative - you can certainly still comment but we'll all just ignore it, the same as you should their mods due to the iffy'ness they've shown in the past if you feel that way.

Upgrade 1.2.0
by TheAdminMarket
09 Jan 2015 06:19

I need to apologize for my childish mistake which caused problems and waste of time for you. In my effort to make the code more solid and understandable I remove all database version changes and I replaced them with a screendump from phpMyAdmin. At that point I did the mistake as I forgot to change the table prefix. Novice mistake but I did it.

I've released version 1.2.0 which will build the correct tables. To upgrade:

1.- Clicking Edit on the right of the product

2.- Replace the uninstall code with the code below.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

3.- Unistall the product
4.- Import the new product-ecommerce.xml file.

Once again sorry for troubles,

ozzy47 09 Jan 2015 10:43

Christos, things like this happen to developers all the time. we rush to get things out, to the members, and mistakes are made. No worries brother. :)

Version 1.3.0
by TheAdminMarket
09 Jan 2015 11:13

2 Attachment(s)
No. This time is not a bug fix update :) . Just added some design improvments that I found very useful for myself, hope that you'll also like them even if you'll not finally use them.
  1. As you maybe seen there was a global option to show the cart (options, addons and buynow button) above the tabs or as a seperate tab. This was good but not the best. Now I move this setting per product. So when you add a product you can decide if you want the cart above the tabs or as a seperate tab.
  2. The other improvment is on the view item page. As is now the page looks good if its a complete item with options, addons, links, screenshots, reviews etc. But what about if the item is something simple? eg Installation service... what reviews to show here, or what screenshots etc. That's why I build a new template which has a minimal interface. So, if you want for a specific product to use this minimalist template just select YES to "Use Simple Template?"
  3. This is a correction. I cached some missing template names.
To upgrade:
  1. Upload ecommerce_admin.php to admincp directory
  2. Upload functions.php to ecommerce/ directory
  3. Upload cart.php and clientarea.php to forum directory
  4. Import the product-ecommerce.xml
Thank you

Johnny G 09 Jan 2015 11:51

Lovely mod, Nick. Downloaded and installed!!

I've an idea for your next iteration of the product. Drop shipped products, where you'd need to have:
forums own item code,
suppliers item code,
suppliers email address which is sent with the order once checkout is done,
forum sale price to customer,
forum cost price from supplier,
any configurable tax per item,
any configurable PayPal surcharge,
any configurable postage per item.

If you can add that, you'll have THE best forum shopping plugin around.

TheAdminMarket 09 Jan 2015 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny G (Post 2531445)
Lovely mod, Nick. Downloaded and installed!!

I've an idea for your next iteration of the product. Drop shipped products, where you'd need to have:
forums own item code,
suppliers item code,
suppliers email address which is sent with the order once checkout is done,
forum sale price to customer,
forum cost price from supplier,
any configurable tax per item,
any configurable PayPal surcharge,
any configurable postage per item.

If you can add that, you'll have THE best forum shopping plugin around.

....lol... My dear Johnny, this should not be only the best forun shopping plugin but even the best PHP script at all :)

1.- Have forgot to write in details that comparing with micrCART I've added email templates for: New Order (Successful payment), New Order (Declined Payment), Invoice still unpaid (in case of declined payment), Renewal Reminder and Subscription expired. So it's easy to send a copy of them to someone else.

2.- What it means "forum" cost, sale etc?

3.- Tax per item is in my plans, but why shipping per item? Do you plan to ship item by item and not a parcel with all items?

4.- PayPal subcharge can also be add in the meaning: From xx to xxx price a standard amount and then a percentage for the rest. Or in the way that PayPal works, can't remember right now.

Johnny G 09 Jan 2015 12:20

Haha! Touché! ;)

1. If you can have each product send a mail to a different address, e.g. if we drop ship tyres and clothing, we'll have different suppliers for the tyres than we could for shirts.
So if we could have a supplier email that sent the following, and had it configurable per product.
Purchaser:
Address:
Items bought:

That way, the shop would automate a lot of the forum selling activities. I think a lot of forums use drop shipping.

2. Forum cost is the cost to us to buy the part. Example:
A shirt might cost us £4.50 to buy, but we sell it at £6.00 if the mail that's sent outputs both, it makes the accounting easier.

3. We have a wide range of product sizes - as mentioned, so shipping costs vary a lot for us.

4. I think PayPal charge 3 or 4%

Thanks!

TheAdminMarket 09 Jan 2015 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny G (Post 2531454)
Haha! Touché! ;)

1. If you can have each product send a mail to a different address, e.g. if we drop ship tyres and clothing, we'll have different suppliers for the tyres than we could for shirts.
So if we could have a supplier email that sent the following, and had it configurable per product.
Purchaser:
Address:
Items bought:

That way, the shop would automate a lot of the forum selling activities. I think a lot of forums use drop shipping.

2. Forum cost is the cost to us to buy the part. Example:
A shirt might cost us £4.50 to buy, but we sell it at £6.00 if the mail that's sent outputs both, it makes the accounting easier.

3. We have a wide range of product sizes - as mentioned, so shipping costs vary a lot for us.

4. I think PayPal charge 3 or 4%

Thanks!

I'll see what I can add in the next major release but I'm not promising anything. I don't expect to have more than 15 installations, not because the mod is not good, but because the vBulletin market is so small in nowadays. Even for other very good addons and not so specific in use like this, have no more than 20-25 installations. That said, I'll focus only to add features mainly for my own use, and secondary common for all uses.

joeychgo 09 Jan 2015 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickTheGreek (Post 2531230)
Yes it supports any type.

Any type? So it can process product variables?

TheAdminMarket 09 Jan 2015 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeychgo (Post 2531509)
Any type? So it can process product variables?

Can you be a bit more specific to avoid misunderstandings? What options to do you want to add?

Johnny G 09 Jan 2015 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickTheGreek (Post 2531484)
I'll see what I can add in the next major release but I'm not promising anything. I don't expect to have more than 15 installations, not because the mod is not good, but because the vBulletin market is so small in nowadays. Even for other very good addons and not so specific in use like this, have no more than 20-25 installations. That said, I'll focus only to add features mainly for my own use, and secondary common for all uses.

I had no idea the audience would be so small! Sorry dude :(

HM666 09 Jan 2015 23:52

Upgrade did not work. I followed the info in THIS post and uploaded the files & when I went to import the product again I got this database error...


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


TheAdminMarket 10 Jan 2015 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by HM666 (Post 2531559)
Upgrade did not work. I followed the info in THIS post and uploaded the files & when I went to import the product again I got this database error...


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Don't know how the field ecommerce left out in your user table while the table prefix was wrong before. Connect with phpMyAdmin and remove the field "ecommerce" from your TABLE_PREFIX.user table. Then import the product.

HM666 10 Jan 2015 07:08

Hmmmm ok I'll do that later on today, gonna get some shut eye right now. :)

TheAdminMarket 10 Jan 2015 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by HM666 (Post 2531622)
Hmmmm ok I'll do that later on today, gonna get some shut eye right now. :)

1.- Just seen that you're not using table prefix. In my opinion this is not wise.
2.- Check the table usergroup and NOT user.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:43.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.