The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127062

External Data Provider Usergroup/Cookie Setting
by Abe1
19 Sep 2006 23:28

2 Attachment(s)
External Data Provider Usergroup/Cookie Setting 2.2

About this hack:
This hack allows you to set what usergroup external.php gets permissions from. This is a great hack for administrators who don't allow guests to view their forum. Using this hack you can set what usergroup it should get permissions from. I'm sure your users want RSS feeds!

There is now an option to have the browser look for cookies to get permissions from.

Administrators who allow guests to view their forum but with barley any permissions, this hack will also help you.
  • Files edited: 0
  • Templates edited: 0
  • Files to upload: 1 (via ACP)
  • Time to install: 5 seconds

Updates:

Version 2.0 (9/19/06):
  • Release of this hack for vb 3.6.
  • Option to use Cookies to get permissions.

Version 2.1 (9/22/06):
  • Fixed bug with cookie prefixes

Version 2.2 (10/14/07):
  • If using cookies to get usergroupid to get posts, it will now verify passwords to avoid users who edit cookies.

[CENTER]Please post your comments or suggestions for this hack. I read ALL posts.

MAKE SURE YOU CLICK INSTALL!
You will get an email when a new version is released.

aveon 20 Sep 2006 02:29

thanx man great one

Snake 20 Sep 2006 11:04

Thanks.

MrNase 20 Sep 2006 13:34

This means guests can access pages without having the permission to?
See: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127101

Abe1 20 Sep 2006 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNase
This means guests can access pages without having the permission to?
See: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127101

Correct.

I just read your request. You can use the plug-in code for your custom page.

Kanustep 21 Sep 2006 05:09

Sounds interesting!

But please answer. I have some forums that I don't want to guests view them, but want to be access to RSS.

This happens since I have to many users using RSS to access to my forum, but when click to see the thread, they will need to register to see the all content of message. Is this possible to do with this hack?

Abe1 21 Sep 2006 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanustep
Sounds interesting!

But please answer. I have some forums that I don't want to guests view them, but want to be access to RSS.

This happens since I have to many users using RSS to access to my forum, but when click to see the thread, they will need to register to see the all content of message. Is this possible to do with this hack?

That is how this hack works.

If you let RSS see the title, when a user clicks on it, they will have to log-in to see it.

Kanustep 21 Sep 2006 15:36

Great this should be include by default on vBulletin

Abe1 22 Sep 2006 18:38

Version 2.1 (9/22/06):
  • Fixed bug with cookie prefixes

warnmar10 23 Sep 2006 07:18

It seems to work great with user group permission but ignores cookie based permission.

Abe1 25 Sep 2006 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by warnmar10
It seems to work great with user group permission but ignores cookie based permission.

1) Do you hsve the latest version?
2) Do you log-in with 'remember me'?

ibuddy 19 Oct 2006 01:33

Doesnt work I set it to a usergroup and its still not working...

ibuddy 19 Oct 2006 01:53

I would really like to get this working this is exactly what Im trying to do.

I have my forum only viewable to members. So I set the usergroup in External Data Provider to a usergroup # that could view all the forums. I went to my rss page and it didnt work, it was blank. I logged in as admin and went to the same rss page, and could see it. So this is not working unless I am not doing something??

Could this because Im using FPS_External Version: 2.00 to generate the RSS feeds and not external.php?

Abe1 19 Oct 2006 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibuddy
I would really like to get this working this is exactly what Im trying to do.

I have my forum only viewable to members. So I set the usergroup in External Data Provider to a usergroup # that could view all the forums. I went to my rss page and it didnt work, it was blank. I logged in as admin and went to the same rss page, and could see it. So this is not working unless I am not doing something??

Could this because Im using FPS_External Version: 2.00 to generate the RSS feeds and not external.php?

Any way I can test on your forum?

ibuddy 19 Oct 2006 19:50

I am using this mod:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=105008

for some reason when I use it, I get a blank screen.