vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=218293

Link In Postbit (based upon profile fields)
by Wired1
10 Jul 2009 11:24

2 Attachment(s)
Created in a couple of min from a thread request.

Note: Hit INSTALL for support!

Takes two profile fields and creates a link in the postbit of any post a user makes. One field for the URL, another for the name of the link itself. See the attached pic for an example. The link that says location is where you will see the link.

Conditional statement involved so that if the URL field isn't filled in, a dead link won't show up in the postbit.

All you have to do is to edit the Link In Postbit template so that the correct profile fields are referenced.

One template, 2 plugins. The template is cached.

To Install: Upload the Product!

Note: If you want to combine a profile field plus a known URL, change the template to something like this (it will vary depending on your need):

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Wired1 10 Jul 2009 11:33

Reserved for future use.

Qwest 10 Jul 2009 14:52

Is this usergoup permission based so that we can have members pay a subscription to be able to have a link like this in their postbit?

actiwork 10 Jul 2009 15:08

could you make a real example?
Thx

jaderollie 10 Jul 2009 16:37

yes is there an example please???

Wired1 10 Jul 2009 19:45

Qwest: If you wanted you could just throw another conditional around the template.

actiwork, jaderollie: check the attached pic. It shows what the mod does. If you mean how to change the field numbers, the example's in the top post. Just change the field IDs in the template.

jaderollie 10 Jul 2009 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wired1 (Post 1846479)
Qwest: If you wanted you could just throw another conditional around the template.

actiwork, jaderollie: check the attached pic. It shows what the mod does. If you mean how to change the field numbers, the example's in the top post. Just change the field IDs in the template.

thanks im a noob :(
wheres the picture please ??????

oz_girl 11 Jul 2009 06:36

Reserved

Wired1 11 Jul 2009 07:26

jade: first post

oz: why would you reserve a post?

thedudleys 11 Jul 2009 07:58

can you provide the code to make it usergroup based only?

Wired1 11 Jul 2009 08:23

Clarify: Do you want it to only show for posts by certain usergroups, or by the user group of who is viewing the thread?

Both types of template conditionals are listed here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248909

jaderollie 11 Jul 2009 14:28

great stuff, i want to see a demo, or screeners please

thedudleys 11 Jul 2009 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wired1 (Post 1846798)
Clarify: Do you want it to only show for posts by certain usergroups, or by the user group of who is viewing the thread?

to be able to do the following:
Quote:

...usergoup permission based so that we can have members pay a subscription to be able to have a link like this in their postbit?

Wired1 11 Jul 2009 22:51

jaderollie: I have told you already that it exists, but you are not reading my posts.

thedudleys: The former then. The conditional exists in the link provided.

jaderollie 12 Jul 2009 12:36

im a noob, and i cant see no attachment sorry :(