vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=114968

Snake 07 May 2006 19:40

Thanks, this looks nice.

VBUsers 07 May 2006 19:55

is there a way we can make it an option to go back and forth? like with posbit and postbit legacy. i had some memebers ask that so there it is.

Freesteyelz 08 May 2006 02:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by apn3a
Thanks for sharing sir. I love that alternative design!!!

Thanks. :) While I've enjoyed the style for years and so have my members/guests, it can take some getting used to since most people use the conventional layout. The majority of the comments I've received was that having the post in the left column made reading easier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RasMasta
What if I wanted 2 postbit boxes? 1 on each side?
Similiar to a portal layout. Of course I would display other info not repeat the info.

A three column? Yes, that's possible. What type of info will the 2nd postbit box contain?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitg
This is cool. However, I would like to see is swap from left to right on every other post in the thread. Can this be done?

While I haven't tried that I'm sure that's possible. Though, I think it would make reading less enjoyable to your users.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Ripsta
Thanks, this looks nice.

Thank you. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowandloudinc
is there a way we can make it an option to go back and forth? like with posbit and postbit legacy. i had some memebers ask that so there it is.

Yes. While there is a plugin mod here at vB.org take a look at this post by Freddie Bingham, a vB Developer.

*In order for it to work you will need to go to your vB Options --> Style & Language Settings and set postbit_legacy to "No". The postbit (Top) will be the default view for the user. For postbit_legacy view, users can go to their User CP and change the value to "Left". :)

Holidazed 08 May 2006 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freesteyelz
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitg
This is cool. However, I would like to see is swap from left to right on every other post in the thread. Can this be done?

While I haven't tried that I'm sure that's possible. Though, I think it would make reading less enjoyable to your users.

Well, that is one opinion I suppose. I disagree with you on this.

Freesteyelz 09 May 2006 00:56

This is true. I actually thought about that for the vertical postbit view since all text are aligned left anyway. :)

GamerJunk.net 13 May 2006 00:58

Freestylez...the second box would be for gaming stuff on my site. I would display the users contact information for each type of console.

How could this be done?

Freesteyelz 13 May 2006 02:40

Ahh...I see. You'll utilize the left and right sides to the User's profile and information bits; the middle column will contain the post? While what you're asking is another modification I can give you a general idea on how to accomplish what you want.

First, can you please give me in detail what will be contained in the left column and then the right column. If it's not a complicated edit I can give you the instructions in this thread.

GamerJunk.net 13 May 2006 03:42

On the left side the basic standard postbit info

On the right side it would be Field X probably about 8 of them all with if conditions.

Freesteyelz 14 May 2006 02:25

In the instructions where it states:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Skip it.

Then when you see this:

Remove the codes between the <td> and </td> tags. Then add the Profile Field bits with conditionals something like:

Then when you see the instruction:

In that code replace this:

With:

I haven't tested it but it should work. All I added in the last step is the colspan.

You may of course need to tweak the change of codes to your standards. I hope it gives you a starting point. :)

GamerJunk.net 14 May 2006 20:50

I get this error message when saving

The following error occurred when attempting to evaluate this template:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/********/public_html/forum/includes/adminfunctions_template.php(3537) : eval()'d code on line 178

This is likely caused by a malformed conditional statement. It is highly recommended that you fix this error before continuing, but you may continue as-is if you wish.

Freesteyelz 15 May 2006 00:19

Ooops. I forgot to add the ending quote. The above code where it says:

Change it to:

See if that helps. :)

GamerJunk.net 17 May 2006 18:40

haha thanks that works! But it's not as pretty as I thought it would be :(

Freesteyelz 18 May 2006 01:25

It can be. Show me what you have now and we'll think something up.

*Again, this isn't part of the modification for anyone else who is wondering what we're doing. :D

Bubble #5 20 May 2006 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freesteyelz
this isn't part of the modification for anyone else who is wondering what we're doing.

Actually I think this is a GREAT idea and the possibilities on how to use it are endless :bunny:

Don't you have to change the size of the post message box, or am I missing something? :surprised:

Bubble #5 21 May 2006 00:40

1 Attachment(s)
Under certain circumstances this does NOT display correctly in Firefox. Works good in Safari though....

With Firefox, when there is one post (original thread post) or 3 or more posts it works in Firefox, BUT if there are two posts then the first post becomes too large and doesn't render correctly :(

(see screenshot).