vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=253516

vBSEO Search Engine XML Sitemap
by vBSEO
11 Nov 2010 22:05

7 Attachment(s)
vBSEO Search Engine XML Sitemap 3.0
We are extremely pleased to inform the vBulletin.org community that a fully revamped version of the vBSEO Search Engine XML Sitemap (previously "vBSEO Google/Yahoo Sitemap Generator") v.3.0, is being released to all licensed vBulletin users effective immediately!


Note: The NEW vBSEO Search Engine XML Sitemap 3.0 replaces all previous versions of the "vBSEO Google/Yahoo Sitemap Generator", and includes support for all the new URL types in vBulletin 4.x.

New in the vBSEO Search Engine XML Sitemap v.3.0
The new sitemap alters the way data is structured in fundamental ways. Sitemap 3.0 segments different content areas into separate files, so you end up with a unique set of files per content type: forums, blogs, cms, groups, albums, members, tags, etc. In addition, the new sitemap has an extended priority feature that utilizes the built in 'weight' tool of the vBulletin XML sitemap generator for individual forums, CMS sections and articles to act as a multiplier.

We believe these changes are responsible for delivering increased returns for a number of forums from customers and testers we've been tracking. Please track your own progress via your Google Webmaster tools account, Google Analytics or Gravity Insights.

A Clean and Beautiful Interface
The new sitemap also features a clean and beautiful interface, built from the ground up. We believe it reflects the quality, precision and attention to detail placed into each aspect of this release. We are passionate about building software, and great software is beautiful inside, and out.

Overview
============================

The "vBSEO Search Engine XML Sitemap" plugin provides an easy to use solution that allows your forum to be indexed by all major search engines, including Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Ask, faster, more completely, more effectively, and with less bandwidth consumption.

The ultimate goal is to help you achieve more web traffic for your forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Google's Description of GSM
https://services.google.com/inquiry/publishertools?hl=en_US
Google Sitemaps is an easy way for you to help improve your sites representation in the Google index. It's a collaborative crawling system that enables you to communicate directly with Google. You get a smarter crawl because you can provide Google with specific information about all your web pages, such as when a page was last modified or how frequently it changes.

Note: This plugin is fully compliant with vBSEO 3.5.x versions. The current version is vBSEO 3.5.2. If you are running vBSEO, please upgrade to vBSEO 3.5.2 (or greater) before installing for optimal results.

Compatibility
============================

Fully compatible with:
  • vBulletin 3.8.x, 4.0.x, 4.1.x
  • vBulletin Blogs *Optional
  • vBulletin CMS *Optional
  • vBSEO 3.5.2 + higher *Optional
What does it do?
============================
  • Auto-generates an XML sitemap for all of your specified forum URL types (including vBulletin Blog & CMS URLs).
  • NEW! Groups forum areas into individual sitemaps grouped by section type for greater flexibility, for example:
    • sitemap_forum_X.xml.gz
    • sitemap_tags_X.xml.gz
    • sitemap_cms_X.xml.gz
  • Auto-notifies Search Engines when a new sitemap is generated (optional)
  • Automatically sends you a summary of the sitemap generation via email each time it is created (optional)
  • Includes only publicly accessible forums and threads and includes the option of not including any specific public forums
  • Allows Search Engines to find all of your forum URLs without having to spider the forum to find the links. Great for Deep Page linking!
  • Allows Search Engines to find your forum URLs without having to account for query string and/or session ID information.
  • Allows Search Engines to give precedence to crawling your higher priority forum pages.
  • Allows Search Engines to give precedence to crawling your forum pages that change more frequently.
  • Allows you to conserve bandwidth by more efficiently facilitating the crawling processes for GoogleBot, Yahoo Slurp, Ask's Teoma, Bing's msnbot, and other search engine bots.
  • Is 100% compatible with the static CRUs (Content Relevant URLs) used by vBSEO-enabled forums.
  • Is 100% compatible with the 'Friendly URLs' offered default with vb4.x.
How does it work?
============================

Whenever it is scheduled or invoked via the URL, this plugin will generate an XML formatted that search engines are able to read and parse. If you selected "Yes" to the Auto-notification setting, The 4 major search engines will be notified each time the sitemap is generated.
  • Google Sitemap files are gzipped for space savings
  • Forum and thread pages are listed with pagination (i.e. all pages for each forums/thread are included in the sitemap)
  • Maximum Priority is set for Sticky threads.
  • Optimization for sitemap generation on large forums.
Automated Reporting Tool
============================

The vBSEO Sitemap includes a report tool, allowing you to track your progress. To access your reports enter the following URL:

http://www.example.com/forums/vbseo_sitemap/

NOTE: Replace "http://www.example.com/forums/" with the full URL to your vB forum root.


You will be required to login by providing your "Sitemap Interface Access Password" from your vBSEO Sitemap settings in:
  • vBulletin Admin CP -> vBSEO -> vBSEO Sitemap Settings
Once you successfully login, you will see a number of tabs. Here are the 4 main links:

Reports List
The 'Show Reports List' link will display a report of each time your vBSEO Sitemap generator executed, including the (1) date, (2) run time, (3) total URLs included, and (4) and change in # of URLs included from the last generation.

Each vBSEO Sitemap generation record will include a (1) "View details" and (2) "Remove record" link. The "View Details" link shows more detailed information about the sitemap generated. The "Remove record" will permanently delete the record from your reports.

Downloads Log
The 'Show Sitemap Downloads Log' link will display a report of each time your vBSEO Sitemap was downloaded by either a search engine (Identified by the Bot's name) or by another user agent (i.e. Web browser, etc.).

The report includes the (1) date, (2) name of sitemap file downloaded, (3) Bot, (4) IP address of the downloader, and the (5) User-agent.

Each vBSEO Sitemap download record will include a "Remove record" link which will permanently delete the record from your reports.

Search Engine Bots Activity Log
Use it to track Search engine activity on your sitemaps. This area displays how often, and what volume of pages search engines visit your site on a daily basis.

Run Generator

The 'Run Sitemap Generator' link will automatically regenerate your vBSEO Search Engine XML Site sitemaps.

Additional Links
Additional links to various other related Search Engine/SEO resources are also included.

Click "Install"
============================
Please click "Mark as Installed" to show your support for this script. :)

Installation, Upgrade, & Configuration
============================
Follow the installation/upgrade instructions provided in the docs/readme.html file.

Webmaster Accounts
============================
It is NOT required for you to have a Webmaster account on the search engines' websites to run the plugin, however, we recommend everyone set one up for tracking purposes.Copyright & Licensing
============================
  • vBSEO Search Engine XML Sitemap plugin is copyright protected by Crawlability Inc.
  • You are free to download and install this plugin on any vBulletin forum for which you hold a valid vB license.
  • Unauthorized distribution of any code and/or documentation, whole or in part, included here is strictly prohibited.
  • In addition, the following copyright notice must be maintained.
vBSEO(TM) 2010 Crawlability, Inc.

Revision History
============================

11/11/2010 - Version 3.0 Released
Compatible with vB3.7.x+ and vB4.x+
NEW FEATURE: All CMS URLs are supported
NEW FEATURE: Sitemap Groups by content type
NEW FEATURE: Enhanced layout and design of the Sitemap Generator Control Panel
NEW FEATURE: XSL Style sheet of the xml files for easier human reading
NEW FEATURE: Extended Priority. Utilizes the built in 'weight' tool of the vBulletin XML generator for all content areas (Forums, Blogs, CMS, Albums, etc.) to act as a multiplier. (vb4 Suite only)

Other vBSEO Plugins
============================vBSEO Affiliate Program
============================
We welcome you to join the vBSEO Affiliate Program.

vBSEO 11 Nov 2010 22:39

*Reserved*

simba6666 11 Nov 2010 22:48

Thank You

yahooooh 11 Nov 2010 23:17

thank you

OldSchoolDSL 11 Nov 2010 23:55

Was waiting for this. Thank you :)

Socially Uncensored

voglermc 12 Nov 2010 00:10

Thanks!

Honourable 12 Nov 2010 00:19

thanks a lots i am really happy with this version ^^

teamsupra 12 Nov 2010 00:25

Been running since they came out with it for VBSEO owners, and have to say it is amazing

Honourable 12 Nov 2010 00:39

thanks a lots i am really happy with this version ^^

Dr.osamA 12 Nov 2010 01:49

thank you

installed + nominated leter translation to Arabic

ther are an error i think

when you pres in Use Custom Priority on Manage Content Priority
you get eror link coz there not php only /admincp/sitemap we have to add php

thank you

briansol 12 Nov 2010 01:52

Thank you for reporting. We will upload a new package with that minor fix shortly.

This should take you to
/admincp/sitemap.php

(the default vb4 sitemap priority area)

Dr.osamA 12 Nov 2010 03:21

thank you sir

i know it take me to the default vb4 sitemap priority area but for now not ... waiting for update

Q: don't understand what for this option Addon Generator Modules and if i have to add all name with php or without like

vbseo_sm_vba.php
or
vbseo_sm_vba
I apologize for my most questions

Chuta 12 Nov 2010 03:53

Hello Dr.osamA,

You should add the full name:

vbseo_sm_vba.php

Please keep in mind that this file should exists in 'vbseo_sitemap/addons/' folder.

Thank you for reporting :).

P.s: Please don't forget to mark as installed to receive further assistance.

mmacrypt 12 Nov 2010 04:39

tagged, I'll play with this on the test server over the next few days then go live if all looks good.

Dr.osamA 12 Nov 2010 04:42

thank you Chuta

i marked it as installed and nominated bro ... but sorry i think my bad internet conection is th reson

you dont answr me .. what for tis option

Quote:

Q: don't understand what for this option Addon Generator Modules
dont go awy plzz befor you me explain it :D

briansol 12 Nov 2010 04:48

The addon generator modules are for just that-- add ons. The sitemap allows you to include urls from other products, like vba (vBAdvanced). Top include them in the sitemap generator process, you add the function to the addons section. This also allows you to custom code any other pages/scripts you may have, or add them to the extraurls.txt file.

MalluParadise 12 Nov 2010 05:02

how can i get password of this "Enter your "vBSEO Sitemap Interface Access Password" from admincp: "

Juggernaut 12 Nov 2010 05:03

You need vBSEO in order to use this program?

VonDoom 12 Nov 2010 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destron (Post 2120791)
You need vBSEO in order to use this program?

No.................

Chuta 12 Nov 2010 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.osamA (Post 2120787)
thank you Chuta

i marked it as installed and nominated bro ... but sorry i think my bad internet conection is th reson

you dont answr me .. what for tis option


dont go awy plzz befor you me explain it :D

Apologies for that. Brian has explained how it works in his post:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...8&postcount=16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalluParadise (Post 2120790)
how can i get password of this "Enter your "vBSEO Sitemap Interface Access Password" from admincp: "

Hello,

You should define your password in the 'AdminCP -> vBSEO -> vBSEO Sitemap Settings -> vBSEO Sitemap Interface Access Password' option.

chuckhodson 12 Nov 2010 06:20

Great news thanks guys..

gsmlover4u 12 Nov 2010 06:34

thanks for update

OldSchoolDSL 12 Nov 2010 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by briansol (Post 2120749)
Thank you for reporting. We will upload a new package with that minor fix shortly.

This should take you to
/admincp/sitemap.php

(the default vb4 sitemap priority area)

Will wait for this fix, before using on the main site

sonlaol 12 Nov 2010 07:42

after upgrade, need run Run Generator again?

Chuta 12 Nov 2010 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonlaol (Post 2120822)
after upgrade, need run Run Generator again?

Hello,

We advice you to do it, but if you want, you can wait until vBSEO Sitemap schedule task runs itself.

3loomShia 12 Nov 2010 08:32

Installed. Cheers mate

Asterix_ita 12 Nov 2010 08:33

Installed

Lizard King 12 Nov 2010 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchoolDSL (Post 2120815)
Will wait for this fix, before using on the main site

That is just a link to another settings and it doesn't prevent Sitemap Generator to function at all.

RichieBoy67 12 Nov 2010 09:17

Not trying to seem rude or sarcastic at all, before installing I just wanted to know how this differs from the built in sitemap generation script??

Thanks

PS-I remember using this all the way back in 3.0... 4.0 is the first time I haven't installed it on clients sites..

Barış Coşkun 12 Nov 2010 09:31

Superb. Thank you vBSEO. Installed.

nightfish 12 Nov 2010 10:03

This is so awesome... you can't even imagine :)
Thanks, works perfectly :)

MARCO1 12 Nov 2010 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfish (Post 2120859)
This is so awesome... you can't even imagine :)
Thanks, works perfectly :)

Great!, Let us know if you have found any problem :)

gamerzhut 12 Nov 2010 11:17

Will this work with our custom rewrite url's? I hope it will work :)

Hornstar 12 Nov 2010 11:22

Will there be an update for the 3.8.x version one? or does this also work on vb 3.8.x?
Edit nvm, I see now ^^
Compatible with vB3.7.x+ and vB4.x+



RichieBoy67 12 Nov 2010 12:47

Why is this better than the built in system?? Can anyone using this please save me some research time?

Thanks,

Sorry for the double post but my last post got buried..

Lizard King 12 Nov 2010 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 (Post 2120892)
Why is this better than the built in system?? Can anyone using this please save some research time?

Thanks

Sorry for the double post but my last post got buried..

vBulletin built in sitemap generator doesn't cover all possible content areas like this one. Additionally vBSEO Search Engine XML Sitemap allows you to add your third party modifications to your sitemap files and have better algorithm calculations for your important contents.

kayobrussy 12 Nov 2010 14:08

I have an error when building sitemap.

Quote:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB_Friendly_Url_Error::get_url() in /home/user/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 6847
How to solve it?

(in VB 4.0.2 PL4)

RichieBoy67 12 Nov 2010 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayobrussy (Post 2120914)
I have an error when building sitemap.



How to solve it?

(in VB 4.0.2 PL4)

I believe you either have to edit your htaccess or change your url settings...

RichieBoy67 12 Nov 2010 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizard King (Post 2120897)
vBulletin built in sitemap generator doesn't cover all possible content areas like this one. Additionally vBSEO Search Engine XML Sitemap allows you to add your third party modifications to your sitemap files and have better algorithm calculations for your important contents.


Ah yeah, third party apps..I wasn't aware of this issue..As for "better algorithm Calculations"..That sounds interesting..:D

Thanks for the info..

Rich

Brandon Sheley 12 Nov 2010 15:09

thanks for releasing this at the org
I installed this a few weeks ago and our whole site is pretty much 100% indexed.

nooofe 12 Nov 2010 15:14

Thanks

COBRAws 12 Nov 2010 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornstar1337 (Post 2120876)
Will there be an update for the 3.8.x version one? or does this also work on vb 3.8.x?
Edit nvm, I see now ^^
Compatible with vB3.7.x+ and vB4.x+



It supports vB from 3.6.* onwards.

M@rc 12 Nov 2010 16:58

Great mod. Downloading now, :)

sweetpotato 12 Nov 2010 18:44

Thank you. I'm trying for VB 4.0.8

yahya issa 12 Nov 2010 21:33

thank you

Chuta 12 Nov 2010 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thalada (Post 2120875)
Will this work with our custom rewrite url's? I hope it will work :)

Hello,

Are you talking about including urls generated with the Custom Rewrite Rules engine?.

Chuta 12 Nov 2010 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayobrussy (Post 2120914)
I have an error when building sitemap.

Quote:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB_Friendly_Url_Error::get_url() in /home/user/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 6847

How to solve it?

(in VB 4.0.2 PL4)

Hello,

What's the content of the 6847 line in your includes/functions.php file?.

★Slap 13 Nov 2010 01:10

I can't access vbseo_sitemap/data i get
Quote:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /vbseo_sitemap/data/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I did make sure the file permission was set to 777.

Chuta 13 Nov 2010 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw! (Post 2121164)
I can't access vbseo_sitemap/data i get

Quote:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /vbseo_sitemap/data/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I did make sure the file permission was set to 777.

Hello,

'Forbidden' error messages are related to mod_security Apache module. Please contact your hosting providers for further troubleshooting.

Juggernaut 13 Nov 2010 02:33

With this mod on, are we supposed to turn off the sitemap options for vBulletin and use this instead or does the mod take over for the vBulletin sitemap generator?

Chuta 13 Nov 2010 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destron (Post 2121205)
With this mod on, are we supposed to turn off the sitemap options for vBulletin and use this instead or does the mod take over for the vBulletin sitemap generator?

Hello,

With this add-on you should disable the built-in vBulletin sitemap generator.

Juggernaut 13 Nov 2010 03:19

Thank you, it's disabled now :D

briansol 13 Nov 2010 04:34

Be sure to update your webmaster tools area with your correct sitemap urls.

www.ch-joy.com 13 Nov 2010 06:16

Thank you for the product
Which is currently under installation

Juggernaut 13 Nov 2010 06:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by briansol (Post 2121235)
Be sure to update your webmaster tools area with your correct sitemap urls.

What would be the correct sitemap URL for the vBSEO sitemaps?

luan7749 13 Nov 2010 07:31

Yeah, Good work for me ( Vbulletin 4.0.7 ) :D thank bro, nice ! But I hope that you'll update better versions in future.

gamerzhut 13 Nov 2010 09:27

I am getting this error

sitemap location:

http://www.teenbay.net/sitemap_forum_1.xml.gz
Quote:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://www.teenbay.net/sitemap_forum_1.xml.gz
Line Number 2410, Column 60: <loc>http://www.teenbay.net/threads/449-Nokia-N96-review-￿-Good-multimedia-device</loc>

sonlaol 13 Nov 2010 11:42

1 Attachment(s)
Before upgrade and run Run Generator this mod always auto run each day but now it doesn't work!
you can see at attach
Attachment 123579
NO 1,2: I click run Run Generator, not auto!
NO 3,4,5....: It's auto

m2006 13 Nov 2010 13:18

thanks you very much

jscieza 13 Nov 2010 14:17

1 Attachment(s)
Why product's files are being marked as "File does not contain expected contents"?

Also, I have double checked that the file sitemap.xsl is in my server but the system still says "File not found".

★Slap 13 Nov 2010 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuta (Post 2121186)
Hello,

'Forbidden' error messages are related to mod_security Apache module. Please contact your hosting providers for further troubleshooting.

I'm a reseller, so can't i change it, i also forgot to add that, in data, .htaccess it says "deny from all" should i change it?

Neptun 13 Nov 2010 19:00

when i try to run the sitemap generator i get this error .. i hope somebody can help

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB_Friendly_Url_Error::get_url() in /home/.sites/includes/functions.php on line 6876

Chuta 13 Nov 2010 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destron (Post 2121256)
What would be the correct sitemap URL for the vBSEO sitemaps?

Hello,

You should send to your Google Webmasters Account an URL like this one:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Chuta 13 Nov 2010 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thalada (Post 2121287)
I am getting this error

sitemap location:

http://www.teenbay.net/sitemap_forum_1.xml.gz

Hello,

There are an extra 'dash' within the title of that thread. You should rename it and then try to regenerate your sitemaps.

Chuta 13 Nov 2010 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonlaol (Post 2121309)
Before upgrade and run Run Generator this mod always auto run each day but now it doesn't work!
you can see at attach
Attachment 123579
NO 1,2: I click run Run Generator, not auto!
NO 3,4,5....: It's auto

Hello,

Please make sure you don't have 2 or more scheduled tasks for the search engine XML sitemap with the same title.

Chuta 13 Nov 2010 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscieza (Post 2121342)
Why product's files are being marked as "File does not contain expected contents"?

Also, I have double checked that the file sitemap.xsl is in my server but the system still says "File not found".

Hello,

Because they aren't part of vBulletin at all.

Chuta 13 Nov 2010 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw! (Post 2121363)
I'm a reseller, so can't i change it, i also forgot to add that, in data, .htaccess it says "deny from all" should i change it?

You shouldn't change that .htaccess file. It prevents another people or scrips get access to your data folder.

As I said, the issue is related to Apache mod_security module. If you are a technical user, you may change their rules to avoid conflicting with your sitemaps.

Please keep in mind that the URL access to your sitemaps is related to your forum URL, you shouldn't go to 'data/' folder, it means that you will access to your sitemaps through this URL:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

And so on.

Chuta 13 Nov 2010 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neptun (Post 2121462)
when i try to run the sitemap generator i get this error .. i hope somebody can help

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB_Friendly_Url_Error::get_url() in /home/.sites/includes/functions.php on line 6876

Hello,

What's the content of the line 6876 on your 'includes/functions.php' file?.

Neptun 13 Nov 2010 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuta (Post 2121472)
Hello,

What's the content of the line 6876 on your 'includes/functions.php' file?.

this i found there

return $friendlyurl->get_url(false, $canonical);


i hope you can help me :) with the old sitemap i had no problems ....

★Slap 13 Nov 2010 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuta (Post 2121471)
You shouldn't change that .htaccess file. It prevents another people or scrips get access to your data folder.

As I said, the issue is related to Apache mod_security module. If you are a technical user, you may change their rules to avoid conflicting with your sitemaps.

Please keep in mind that the URL access to your sitemaps is related to your forum URL, you shouldn't go to 'data/' folder, it means that you will access to your sitemaps through this URL:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

And so on.

Ah ok, well i got a new problem i unistalled everything for vBSEO and installed it again, i click Run Generator and get this.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


jscieza 13 Nov 2010 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscieza (Post 2121342)
Why product's files are being marked as "File does not contain expected contents"?

Also, I have double checked that the file sitemap.xsl is in my server but the system still says "File not found".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuta (Post 2121468)
Hello,

Because they aren't part of vBulletin at all.

You're wrong.

In that case, it should say "File not recognized as part of vBulletin" instead of "File does not contain expected contents". Also, you didn't replied my second question: sitemap.xsl is being marked as "File not found" but the file is in the server.

Chuta 13 Nov 2010 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neptun (Post 2121475)
this i found there

return $friendlyurl->get_url(false, $canonical);


i hope you can help me :) with the old sitemap i had no problems ....

What's the vBulletin version you are running?.

Chuta 13 Nov 2010 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw! (Post 2121478)
Ah ok, well i got a new problem i unistalled everything for vBSEO and installed it again, i click Run Generator and get this.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Please take a look at your source code and paste here the SQL error you see.

Neptun 13 Nov 2010 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuta (Post 2121485)
What's the vBulletin version you are running?.

4.0.3 suite

★Slap 13 Nov 2010 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuta (Post 2121486)
Please take a look at your source code and paste here the SQL error you see.

Here you go.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Chuta 13 Nov 2010 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neptun (Post 2121487)
4.0.3 suite

You should consider upgrading your instance to a more stable vB 4 version. I'll try to reproduce the issue on my dev. instance.

Chuta 13 Nov 2010 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw! (Post 2121490)
Here you go.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Please try to disable adding tags to your sitemaps and try to regenerate them again.

CRDeveloper 13 Nov 2010 23:14

Im getting this in the first sitemap and others. Problem with characters...

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/

How to fix?

★Slap 13 Nov 2010 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuta (Post 2121496)
Please try to disable adding tags to your sitemaps and try to regenerate them again.

OMG, It WORKED =D thanks so much Chuta it actually created the sitemap i can see it in the reports so does this mean it will automatically crawl into Google i don't have to do nothing right?


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Update
I was editing my settings and got another error once i pressed on Run Generator


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Chuta 14 Nov 2010 02:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxXxicas (Post 2121551)
Im getting this in the first sitemap and others. Problem with characters...

http://screensnapr.com/u/uef5fl.png

How to fix?

Hello,

Please try to change the accent words with common english characters. I mean:

From:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

To:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Chuta 14 Nov 2010 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw! (Post 2121558)
OMG, It WORKED =D thanks so much Chuta it actually created the sitemap i can see it in the reports so does this mean it will automatically crawl into Google i don't have to do nothing right?


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

You are welcome!.

Just take care of sending your sitemap index to SE (Google Webmasters Tools, Bing Toolbox, etc.).


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw! (Post 2121558)
Update
I was editing my settings and got another error once i pressed on Run Generator


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

That error is directly related to your add-on DownloadsII. If you have defined an add-on for that in the 'Addon Generator Modules' sitemap setting, then please delete it and try to generate your sitemaps again.

briansol 14 Nov 2010 05:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscieza (Post 2121342)
Why product's files are being marked as "File does not contain expected contents"?

This is normal. There is no xml file shipped with this version to fill this in. You can simply ignore it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw! (Post 2121363)
I'm a reseller, so can't i change it, i also forgot to add that, in data, .htaccess it says "deny from all" should i change it?

No, leave that as is or you will open your server to potential rouge scripts running.
You should NOT access the files directly.
Make sure you read the directions, specifically around the htaccess rule you need to add.
Then, you can access your sitemap by .com/forum/sitemap_index.xml.gz

besedka 14 Nov 2010 09:41

there is a problem >>> when i push on run generator this message appear to me


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

my version 3.8.6

cdoyle 14 Nov 2010 14:27

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
I'm getting the following error when I try and generate the report.

Any ideas?

mgcom 14 Nov 2010 15:00

Can i get a sitemap to upload to google web tools ??

★Slap 14 Nov 2010 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuta (Post 2121589)
You are welcome!.

Just take care of sending your sitemap index to SE (Google Webmasters Tools, Bing Toolbox, etc.).

Here's My Info After I Generated The Sitemap


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Whenever i visit the following links, It say's Oops! This link appears to be broken. Also receiving an error when posting to Google, I posted sitemap_index.xml.gz got a 404 error.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


PWO81 14 Nov 2010 16:44

If I download this should I not use the sitemap that comes with VB4? Which one is better?

MARCO1 14 Nov 2010 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by besedka (Post 2121682)
there is a problem >>> when i push on run generator this message appear to me


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

my version 3.8.6

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoyle (Post 2121729)
Hi,
I'm getting the following error when I try and generate the report.

Any ideas?

Hello,

What's the database error details ? You can view the database error details from page source
Quote:

Originally Posted by mgcom (Post 2121733)
Can i get a sitemap to upload to google web tools ??

That's the URL of your sitemap


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Change sitename.com/ with your forum URL

So you should add this URL to your google webmaster account :

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Also you can found your sitemap URL in vbseo sitemap generator reports panel "www.sitename.com/vbseo_sitemap/"
At the top right of the page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWO81 (Post 2121770)
If I download this should I not use the sitemap that comes with VB4? Which one is better?

Please check this post : http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...7&postcount=36

cdoyle 14 Nov 2010 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARCO1 (Post 2121797)
Hello,

What's the database error details ? You can view the database error details from page source


Here is what I see

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


cherylferraro 14 Nov 2010 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuta (Post 2121588)
Hello,

Please try to change the accent words with common english characters. I mean:

From:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

To:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I have been testing this and observed that this error also happens when ? or ' are used in a thread title on vb4 forums that are not using vbseo to rewrite their thread titles. My forums using vbseo have not had this problem because vbseo has already removed those characters from thread titles.

I like the mod but it's a little cumbersome to have to edit common punctuation from thread titles to get it to work if that is the way it will be released to non vbseo users.

rajubd 14 Nov 2010 20:34

when try to generate site map showing this

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

how much server load it takes?

Chuta 14 Nov 2010 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylferraro (Post 2121850)
I have been testing this and observed that this error also happens when ? or ' are used in a thread title on vb4 forums that are not using vbseo to rewrite their thread titles. My forums using vbseo have not had this problem because vbseo has already removed those characters from thread titles.

I like the mod but it's a little cumbersome to have to edit common punctuation from thread titles to get it to work if that is the way it will be released to non vbseo users.

I'll flag your issue to our developers for further investigation.

Chuta 14 Nov 2010 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoyle (Post 2121821)
Here is what I see

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Please paste the full error for further troubleshooting.

Chuta 14 Nov 2010 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajubd (Post 2121854)
when try to generate site map showing this

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

how much server load it takes?

Hello,

Please check your server error log for further information. With just that we can't assist you.

Chuta 14 Nov 2010 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw! (Post 2121744)
Whenever i visit the following links, It say's Oops! This link appears to be broken. Also receiving an error when posting to Google, I posted sitemap_index.xml.gz got a 404 error.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Make sure you are sending to Google the correct URL. I mean, if you have vBulletin installed on root, the URL to send should be:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

If you have vBulletin installed on a folder, the URL to send should be:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


★Slap 14 Nov 2010 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuta (Post 2121880)
Make sure you are sending to Google the correct URL. I mean, if you have vBulletin installed on root, the URL to send should be:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

If you have vBulletin installed on a folder, the URL to send should be:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

My forum is installed on root and i used the domain, However it shows a 404 Error message. And I am 100% sure on how i should send my forum link to Google if its root or not.
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


cdoyle 14 Nov 2010 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuta (Post 2121877)
Please paste the full error for further troubleshooting.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


briansol 14 Nov 2010 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw! (Post 2121881)
My forum is installed on root and i used the domain, However it shows a 404 Error message. And I am 100% sure on how i should send my forum link to Google if its root or not.
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Please make sure the htaccess file is in place and that your server supports mod_rewrite. If you're not using apache, you will need to install the other webserver rule that matches your webserver platform.

briansol 14 Nov 2010 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdoyle (Post 2121886)
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

this table does not exist in vb4. Please make sure you've imported the product file with overwrite.

If that does not work, you can disable user albums from running in your task.

★Slap 14 Nov 2010 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by briansol (Post 2121902)
Please make sure the htaccess file is in place and that your server supports mod_rewrite. If you're not using apache, you will need to install the other webserver rule that matches your webserver platform.

The htaccess file is in place, and the server has apache, and the server does support mod_rewrite.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:00.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.