vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=319564

Purge Old Visitor Messages
by MarkFL
20 Jul 2015 03:05

2 Attachment(s)
This product will delete all visitor messages that are older than the specified number of days. There is now the option to restrict the visitor messages to be purged to only those which contain a specified string of text. You could use this to only delete the auto-generated welcoming visitor messages produced by this product:

New/Returning Members Visitor Message

Updates:

Version 1.1:
  • Now allows the entry of a string of text which must appear in visitor messages to be purged.

Version 1.2:
  • Only purges read visitor messages.

To Install:

In AdminCP go to Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.

Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.

Click "Import"

You MUST set your settings to enable the mod. The setting for this add-on is found by following:

AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> User Profile: Visitor Messaging Options

At the bottom of the page, you will find new settings labeled "Purge Visitor Message Threshold In Days" and "Required Text Within Visitor Messages For Purge":

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...1&d=1452991754

The deletion is a daily cron job.

Support for this product can be found here:

friendlymela 22 Jul 2015 08:32

This one is really good ..

mitch84 12 Sep 2015 13:13

hi, perhaps added too a archive system?

blah100 13 Sep 2015 08:10

Here's a suggestion: being able to delete visitor messages from banned users. It's not like their visitor messages are needed anymore :)

djbaxter 16 Jan 2016 22:23

There's an error in this mod, just pointed out to me by a member who had been away for a while:

Currently, when visitor messages are deleted, the mod does NOT update the database variable vmunreadcount in user.

If a member has been a way for a while and unread visitor messages are deleted, it will still show those deleted unread messages in Notifications and there is no way for the user to reset that flag.

I have disabled the mod until this is fixed.

In the meantime, you can reset vmunreadcount to zero using the following SQL query:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

MarkFL 17 Jan 2016 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2562779)
There's an error in this mod, just pointed out to me by a member who had been away for a while:

Currently, when visitor messages are deleted, the mod does NOT update the database variable vmunreadcount in user.

If a member has been a way for a while and unread visitor messages are deleted, it will still show those deleted unread messages in Notifications and there is no way for the user to reset that flag.

I have disabled the mod until this is fixed.

In the meantime, you can reset vmunreadcount to zero using the following SQL query:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thank you for letting me know about this unforeseen (by me) situation, and I will fix this and update the product soon. :)

MarkFL 17 Jan 2016 00:54

Update - Version 1.2:
  • Only purges read visitor messages.

djbaxter 17 Jan 2016 01:05

Wow... that was fast! :)

Thank you!

blackberry 18 Jan 2016 21:14

gr8 :up:

plz make one to purge old PM

MarkFL 18 Jan 2016 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackberry (Post 2562923)

If I do that, I will update this product so that it will give the option to also purge old PMs that have been read. :)

z3r0 18 Jan 2016 21:27

Does this do all usergroups or can you exclude some?

MarkFL 18 Jan 2016 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3r0 (Post 2562926)
Does this do all usergroups or can you excude some?

At present, it purges all read visitor messages (older than the threshold you set), regardless of the usergroup(s) to which the recipients belong.

djbaxter 18 Jan 2016 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackberry (Post 2562923)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkFL (Post 2562924)
If I do that, I will update this product so that it will give the option to also purge old PMs that have been read. :)

This old vBulletin 3 mod is still working for me through progressive upgrades to 4.2.3, although it would be nice to have an update for 4.x: Periodic Prune PMs [ Cron Job - Fully Controllable ] - vBulletin.org Forum

blackberry 19 Jan 2016 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkFL (Post 2562924)

woow that would be awesome addition :up:

blackberry 20 Jan 2016 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2562931)
This old vBulletin 3 mod is still working for me through progressive upgrades to 4.2.3, although it would be nice to have an update for 4.x: Periodic Prune PMs [ Cron Job - Fully Controllable ] - vBulletin.org Forum

Thank you.. Installed it .. how long it takes to clear ? table size is same been a day.