vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=249277

Azum 17 Sep 2014 15:12

I found that just using the below by itself along with built in VB mobile detection works fine. There was no need for the plugin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2412496)
If you wanted to make this simpler, and don;t mind going into debug mode on your site, you could edit the Option Code for Mobile Style boxes in AdminCP so that all styles (both mobile and standard) show up and then you could replace the styleid numbers in the plugin above with $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_basic'], $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_advanced'] and $vbulletin->options['styleid'] then if you changed styles down the track you wouldn;t need to edit the plugin by hand. You would still need the above plugin to make it work.

To do this change the Option Code to:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Azum 17 Sep 2014 23:00

Small contribution for deleting PMs. The code provided almost works, but need to change it to:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2507029)
Adding something like:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

to the bottom of the pm_showpm template should do it, I think ...


Azum 23 Sep 2014 04:25

How do you get preview reply to work? I'm failing so far.

Edit: Nevermind, not really sure how, but I got it to work copying bits and pieces of other style templates.

duniabebas 30 Sep 2014 05:13

anyone have this style support 4.2.2?

Azum 04 Oct 2014 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by duniabebas (Post 2517011)
anyone have this style support 4.2.2?

Works fine with 4.2.2.

Azum 18 Oct 2014 15:18

One thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to insert inline image attachments with this style.

dartho 20 Oct 2014 02:56

Do you mean "inline" as in inserting an image, such as http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/image...nsertimage.gif, in the middle of of a post ?

Azum 22 Oct 2014 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2519470)
Do you mean "inline" as in inserting an image, such as http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/image...nsertimage.gif, in the middle of of a post ?

Yeah, I can't seem to get the image to insert into the body of the message after it's uploaded...

dartho 24 Oct 2014 03:31

I've had a bit of a look, and I don't think there is any easy way to do that without bringing in the full ckeditor ...

Azum 24 Oct 2014 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2519900)
I've had a bit of a look, and I don't think there is any easy way to do that without bringing in the full ckeditor ...

Thanks anyway...

On another note, I've noticed that line breaks aren't preserved when quoting. Any fix for that aside from disabling the WYSIWYG editor?

Mark.B 24 Oct 2014 20:35

Ok you need to create a new plugin at newreply_start. I called mine Line Break Fix which helped me locate it years later. :)

Add this code:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Azum 24 Oct 2014 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark.B (Post 2519959)
Ok you need to create a new plugin at newreply_start. I called mine Line Break Fix which helped me locate it years later. :)

Add this code:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I saw your earlier post about that, and it works... but then my checkbox for AME convert URLs to videos doesn't show up because it kills the newpost_disablesmilies hook.

Mark.B 24 Oct 2014 20:53

That's a weird one....I don't have any AME options showing anywhere (although I do use AME) so haven't run into this.

I can't understand why it would affect code run at another hook. It's just an if conditional, which is closed off. So whether it returns true or false, it ought not to affect any other hooks.

Could it be that the AME checkbox only shows on the WYSIWYG? That would explain it, as you've turned the WYSIWIG off with my code.....though only in the mobile style. Shouldn't affect a normal style.

Slightly baffled, I'm afraid.

Azum 24 Oct 2014 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark.B (Post 2519965)
That's a weird one....I don't have any AME options showing anywhere (although I do use AME) so haven't run into this.

I can't understand why it would affect code run at another hook. It's just an if conditional, which is closed off. So whether it returns true or false, it ought not to affect any other hooks.

Could it be that the AME checkbox only shows on the WYSIWYG? That would explain it, as you've turned the WYSIWIG off with my code.....though only in the mobile style. Shouldn't affect a normal style.

Slightly baffled, I'm afraid.

Took me awhile to figure it out, but AME adds the convert URLs to video checkbox by looking for the newpost_disablesmilies hook, if present, it injects the checkbox before the smilies checkbox... and from what I can tell the newpost_disablesmilies hook only gets called in the WYSIWYG editor.

I'm working on trying to change it to something else, like attachments... maybe you could help.

Like this code here works, but I want it to show up after the attachments box, not before it... which is what it currently does. (note newpost_attachment was newpost_disablesmilies until I changed it).


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Azum 25 Oct 2014 00:17

nevermind, didn't work correctly.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.