vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266142

DragonByte Tech 18 Apr 2012 03:17

vBMail will collect the bounced mail from your server and store it on your server - it's not supposed to be deleted from vBMail's database :)

Fillip

elsparkodiablo 18 Apr 2012 15:13

Fillip, just wanted to say that I'm pretty impressed with this. I'll probably be buying a lifetime version shortly.

Have you given any thought to extending this to handle unsubscribing members from threads & forums as well, making it an all in one program?

DragonByte Tech 18 Apr 2012 15:43

It already does, if they reach the bounced mail threshold they will be unsubscribed from those parts as well to avoid future bounced mail :)

Fillip

elsparkodiablo 18 Apr 2012 15:51

Whoa, really? It removes their thread / forum subscriptions? You should REALLY list that as a feature above then, that makes this a MUST HAVE. Great work, and thank you again for a good piece of software.

DragonByte Tech 18 Apr 2012 16:21

It doesn't remove them, simply turns off email notification for them :)

Removing them outright would be disruptive to users who then proceed to change their email address to a valid one.

Fillip

elsparkodiablo 18 Apr 2012 16:43

Is there a way to have this automatically notify the member in question that their email has bounced?

DragonByte Tech 18 Apr 2012 16:51

Not straight away, but once they have reached the threshold they will receive a PM stating what has happened and what they need to do :)

Fillip

[email protected] 09 May 2012 14:25

There's a way to use html code to make newsletter?

DragonByte Tech 09 May 2012 15:22

Yeah, you can use HTML code :)

Fillip

Martyn1983 10 May 2012 20:24

Can the number of emails sent per hour be altered?

Our server has a limit off 200 and at the moment my email is being swamped with auto-responses saying mail cannot be sent :(

DragonByte Tech 10 May 2012 20:31

vBMail uses vBulletin's mailqueue system and I don't believe it supports email per hour limit at this time. Any modification that implements this (if it exists) will work with vBMail, though :)

Fillip

Martyn1983 10 May 2012 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2328172)
vBMail uses vBulletin's mailqueue system and I don't believe it supports email per hour limit at this time. Any modification that implements this (if it exists) will work with vBMail, though :)

Fillip

Ah - that's a pity :(

Will the bounced message re-send of their own accord? We really do need to get mails sent out to get old members back on the site again, but to up the email limit will cost money we simply don't have :(

DragonByte Tech 10 May 2012 20:41

It will not, no.

There are plenty of shared hosts that don't impose an email per hour limit, so I suggest you shop around if your current host is unwilling to accomodate you :)

Fillip

Martyn1983 10 May 2012 20:45

Damn.

We just moved hosts due to our hold hosts server continually dying on us.

[email protected] 10 May 2012 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2327712)
Yeah, you can use HTML code :)

Fillip

I tried but i had some odd behaviour:
i have to write on the editor without spaces like this

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

instead of:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

There's a way to avoid this?
If i use spaces the newsletter appear messed up.