vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266142

Dadoo 19 Dec 2011 17:02

Ohhh sorry to have missed that...

Thanks a lot Filip !

chrisbjax 10 Jan 2012 16:58

Hi Fillip,
Is there any word yet on importing a mail list from vb? or perhaps controlling distribution from vb groups?

DragonByte Tech 10 Jan 2012 17:01

Not yet, unfortunately.

Feature requests posted at our forum has a higher chance of being included, since vBulletin.org threads often grow to such lengths we can't reasonably track old feature requests.

Fillip

chrisbjax 10 Jan 2012 19:41

I posted the request on your support forum.
Thank you Fillip. :)

arkueckelhan 04 Feb 2012 22:13

Am I correct in assuming that if I send an email out from my normal vbulletin mailing system, this mod won't capture the bounces, etc.?

I ask because I need mailings going out to only those that accept admin emails currently and don't know how to get those into this system. I then want to delete emails that bounce.

(I think this will be a great system for other mailing lists I create as well!)

Alan_SP 05 Feb 2012 05:37

I think that it should get bounced mail.

You setup which mail address you want to use as bounce email. After mail is bounced, it returns to bounce email and this mod checks this email address through IMAP protocol (you need to set it up so in settings, of course).

So, you'll have all bounced mail there and you could check it automatically or manually, as you wish.

At least I think that it should work in this way. Filip will know more.

DragonByte Tech 05 Feb 2012 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkueckelhan (Post 2296239)
Am I correct in assuming that if I send an email out from my normal vbulletin mailing system, this mod won't capture the bounces, etc.?

I ask because I need mailings going out to only those that accept admin emails currently and don't know how to get those into this system. I then want to delete emails that bounce.

(I think this will be a great system for other mailing lists I create as well!)

If you configured the "Bounce Email Address" setting then yes I do believe that it will grab those bounced mail.

Fillip

Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes
by manuelmalin
09 Feb 2012 16:39

Hi,

The mod, each time bounced emails cron runs, copies all the data from "vb_dbtech_vbmail_message" table into the "datastore" table :

datastore / dbtech_vbmail_message / data

After about 200 bounced emails, the cron sends me a MySQL error :

Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes

One solution is to change my mysql settings, adding more memory, but the problem will happen again maybe after 200 bounced emails more...

Can you help me please ?

Regards,
Manuel

DragonByte Tech 09 Feb 2012 23:06

Whoops, that was an oversight, that should not happen. Thanks for letting me know :)

Open /dbtech/vbmail/includes/class_dm_message.php and comment out both instances of the following code:
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Feel free to delete that datastore entry via
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

to save some database space :)

Fillip

manuelmalin 10 Feb 2012 12:20

It worked, thank you Fillip ! :)

Manuel

astdirect 11 Feb 2012 11:26

Installed and all looks good. Can you tell me how quickly this sends the emails out ? I am only allowed 500 per hour but i have a mailing list of 1000+. How can i achieve this ? I have mailqueue on in email options and set batch to 10, but no idea if this is correct.

Also, when does a user receive a PM ? Is it after emails bounce a certain amount of times or after first bounce ?

DragonByte Tech 11 Feb 2012 17:04

It sends out mailqueue amount of emails every page load.

He receives a PM when the amount of bounces match the threshold set in the options.

Fillip

RedPoint 08 Mar 2012 08:49

Hi, the Check 4 Hacking vers. 1.0 addon say:
Quote:

infect in dbtech_vbmail_message module
Its true? Please check!

Regards

DragonByte Tech 08 Mar 2012 12:25

That would mean that someone has tried to send an email containing an infection. It is not an infection in this mod, as that is not a module but a database table. Database tables created via a SQL command cannot be infected :)

Fillip

RedPoint 08 Mar 2012 15:40

Hi Fillip,
I use Check 4 Hacking - Test the datastore for infects. Today when i run manual the cron, i become this message:

found infect in dbtech_vbmail_message modul - the forum language was in german and in german, a module is mean a addon. Now i repeat the task, nothing to see - its bizzare :D