vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259978

Arrow Image next to posted links - Wiki style.
by AURFSCAN
07 Mar 2011 05:23

2 Attachment(s)
This is a really neat mod I just figured out :p

While messing around with another mod I just posted http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2170434 I worked out how to add an Image after links in posts and sigs.

Image in this example is a small arrow - see attached Image

add to additional.css

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

change the url to point to your Image location

.postcontent arrow image will apply itself to attachment and quote boxes too :)

also you dont have to have them both (post link and sig link Images) , just add what you want

remove Image from Internal links - see post 18

:D

sulasno 07 Mar 2011 07:17

tagged and thanks;
is it possible to put the arrow in front of the link?

AURFSCAN 07 Mar 2011 07:25

sure sulasno, change in the code both 'right' to 'left'

eg.

sulasno 07 Mar 2011 07:45

thanks

my present code is

where do I add your code ? [HERE] or [THERE]

AURFSCAN 07 Mar 2011 08:08

easy just to add it underneath :)

but this will work aswell

Taurus1 07 Mar 2011 08:53

Now that is so cool man. Thanks! Looks great.

Boofo 07 Mar 2011 09:15

I'm confused here. Why would you want to add an arrow image to a link if it doesn't lead anywhere? That is what the arrow image is used for in posts.

Taurus1 07 Mar 2011 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boofo (Post 2170503)
I'm confused here. Why would you want to add an arrow image to a link if it doesn't lead anywhere? That is what the arrow image is used for in posts.

HUH? The arrow is right behind the link, so clicking it takes you to where the link goes. To me, it makes links stand out a bit more in posts. Looks good.

sulasno 07 Mar 2011 09:55

I have installed it but I can't see the image using Palemoon; going to trying using another browser; personally I prefer a dancing girl instead of an arrow :-)

Boofo 07 Mar 2011 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus1 (Post 2170505)
HUH? The arrow is right behind the link, so clicking it takes you to where the link goes. To me, it makes links stand out a bit more in posts. Looks good.

If the arrow takes you to the same place the link goes, then clicking the link or using the arrow is the same thing? That is kind of ambiguous, don't you think? To each their own, I guess.

AURFSCAN 07 Mar 2011 10:16

sulasno - make sure the Image path to where your have the Image uploaded is correct

Taurus1 - thanks, glad you like it.

Boofo - sorry for any confusion, its basically what Taurus1 said in that it makes any links stand out and lets the reader know that its a link off site or just a link in general and says 'click here and I'll take you somewhere else' .... kinda wiki style :)

sulasno 07 Mar 2011 10:22

I found the problem; had to add "/forum" :-)
now to go and look for a good indicator

not sure whether it is a bug though; the image also appears when someone edits a post

Boofo 07 Mar 2011 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AURFSCAN (Post 2170513)
Boofo - sorry for any confusion, its basically what Taurus1 said in that it makes any links stand out and lets the reader know that its a link off site or just a link in general and says 'click here and I'll take you somewhere else' .... kinda wiki style :)

Actually, this might come in handy for my wiki bbcode tags. I can't see using it for all links but wiki links might be okay to use the image with.

AURFSCAN 07 Mar 2011 21:23

Good Idea boofo, just a thought that if you use for wiki tags and all links it'll display arrow twice.

cheers

Boofo 07 Mar 2011 23:14

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AURFSCAN (Post 2170682)
Good Idea boofo, just a thought that if you use for wiki tags and all links it'll display arrow twice.

cheers

I ended up just using it for my wiki tags. Here is what I added to the additional.css template:

and the attached pic is the result. Thanks for steering me in the right direction. ;)