vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=274972

DragonByte Tech 04 Apr 2012 09:56

In that template which is for the Forums Tab yeah, it is in the wrong place, move it to,

After this line:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Before this line:

For the Home tab,in this template,vBulletin CMS Templates, vbcms_navbar_link find:

Add your code in between those two, so it looks like this:

For the Blog tab in this template, Blog Templates, blog_navbar_link find:

Add your code in between those two, so it looks like this:

Chris

Shill360 04 Apr 2012 12:34

Will this mod let me display a drop down menu on vbulletin cms for categorys under sections on the cms nav bar ?

MacroPhotoPro 04 Apr 2012 13:46

Thank you so much for your time Chris, these did the trick!

On the Forums Tab, I had to re-adjust a bit and actually place the link here:

but I would have had no idea what to put, nor the first clue where to put it, without your guidance. The Home and Blogs Tabs worked perfectly.

Thank you sincerely again :)

Cheers,

DragonByte Tech 04 Apr 2012 16:56

Not a problem, glad to help. :)

DragonByte Tech 04 Apr 2012 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shill360 (Post 2316653)
Will this mod let me display a drop down menu on vbulletin cms for categorys under sections on the cms nav bar ?

It's possible but you would have to remove the default Home Tab, then make a Dropdown Tab with the mod, and add items to that tab.

Or you could leave the Home Tab intact and do as described.

Chris

Mukashi 06 Apr 2012 11:12

Given that this mod (or the pro version of it, at the very least) evidently can talk to the other DBT mods somehow...would it be possible for this mod to let us specify the position of the tabs added by other DBT mods (or maybe even edit those tabs and their menus) at all? I've got a situation where the tab for the arcade is stubbornly staying to the far left next to the forum tab, whereas I'd prefer it on the far right, and I can't figure out how to change that.

DragonByte Tech 06 Apr 2012 11:43

Not at this time, but you can disable the default tab that came with the arcade and make the tab with the mod, then you will have full control over it's location.

To turn off the arcade tab go to DragonByte Tech: vBArcade - General Options and set Enable Navbar Tab to no.

Chris

Mukashi 07 Apr 2012 01:32

I suppose that works. I don't see the Arcade having any sub-menu, after all. Thanks.

DragonByte Tech 07 Apr 2012 01:47

If it did ever have any sublinks added to it, you could add those as well with this mod.

Chris

Lpspider 27 Apr 2012 19:18

With this mod, is it possible to have a tab for a specific forum category, and keep that tab (and only that tab) selected for that forum category, forums, sub forums, and all threads viewed within that forum/category?

I've been looking for this solution for a while. I've tried custom coding it myself, installing other tab modifications, but it just doesn't seem possible.

ohadpartuck 17 May 2012 09:05

Hi ,
there is a bug in the vBNavTabs that I would like to fix
the drop down Items appear short sometimes and long sometimes.
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2012/05/32.jpg

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2012/05/33.jpg

somebody know something about that?

ozzy47 17 May 2012 10:40

Nevermind

DragonByte Tech 17 May 2012 10:43

What do you have the stylevar, vbnavtabs_popup_width in the DragonByteTechMods group set to?

Chris

ohadpartuck 17 May 2012 12:48

It was set to 400px and I set it to 200px.
Should it be something else?

I also get an error msg in the page saying
"
Warning: xcache_set(): xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to enable var data caching in [path]/includes/class_datastore.php on line 617
" , many times.

It keeps displaying non constant width submenues..

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2012 11:38

I would contact your host and tell them about the error, it seems like you are running xcache and it is not set high enough. Maybe once that is sorted the width will be solved, as it gets all the info for the tabs and menus from the datastore.

Chris