vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=290306

Easy Google Analytics
by Shadow
07 Nov 2012 19:28

1 Attachment(s)
Description:
This small and simple modification is a back port of my vBulletin 5 version and will allow you to easily add your Google Analytics tracking code to your site without editing templates. Editing templates may seem daunting to some people however this modification allows you to paste your code in a box and it'll handle the rest.

Your Analytics tracking code will be added to the end of the footer template so it doesn't slow the loading of your site down.

Installation:
  1. Download the product XML and import it through the 'Manage Products' page in the AdminCP.
  2. Add your tracking code to: Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Google Analytics Settings.
  3. Done.

Changelog:
07/11/2012 - Version 1.00:
- Initial release.

Notes:
I'm always looking to improve my work for the people that enjoy using it. If you have any suggestions on how I can improve this hack then please leave a comment and I'll see what I'm able to do. Don't forget to 'Mark As Installed' if you've got it installed!

voglermc 09 Nov 2012 16:31

This has already been done, are you copying their code?
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=256325

Shadow 09 Nov 2012 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by voglermc (Post 2379726)

Little bit of reading goes a long way:

Quote:

This small and simple modification is a back port of my vBulletin 5 version..

voglermc 09 Nov 2012 18:08

Yeah, that still doesn't mean a lot. I'll let the admins decide

SwollenCranium 09 Nov 2012 19:15

Installed!

Thanks!!

bzcomputers 09 Nov 2012 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by voglermc (Post 2379757)

It appears if you actually took the time to look at the code of the two you would see they do do different things and the coding is not copied.

Before accusing a little research on your own part might be nice, only takes a sec to open an .xml and look yourself!

Shadow 09 Nov 2012 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by voglermc (Post 2379757)

Well I don't know where you got the evidence for your accusation as it would seem quite obvious, you didn't take the time to even open up the XML file and compare the code. Only then you'd notice, both are completely different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzcomputers (Post 2379771)
It appears if you actually took the time to look at the code of the two you would see they do do different things and the coding is not copied.

Before accusing a little research on your own part might be nice, only takes a sec to open an .xml and look yourself!

Thank you very much :)

NTT 12 Nov 2012 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by voglermc (Post 2379726)

just the same idea, you should compare 2 xml files of 2 add-on before you conclude !

patrick91 20 Nov 2012 20:43

Thanks good and simple addon! Will give it a shot.

equinox101 27 Jan 2013 17:35

Simple - takes the pressure out of where to install the code, installed. thanks :)

Videx 31 Jan 2013 02:19

Something terribly wrong here. The AdminCP says "Google Analytics website. Once you have this, paste it here and Save.". But wtf does that mean? We're supposed to paste the entire GA website in that little box? Or some portion of the URL?

I suspect what it should say is:
Login to your GA site page and find the "Tracking Info" tab. From the box where it says "This is your tracking code. Copy and paste it into the code of every page you want to track.", copy and paste the entire text.

Or am I wrong? I have been unable to get GA working for ages now so maybe I really should be pasting whole websites in the box?

Shadow 31 Jan 2013 16:31

Sorry, it reads fine to me.

Google Analytics gives you your tracking code when you enter your site information. This is what needs to be entered in to the text box. The modification then places the code automatically on all pages that use the designated template.

Syxguns 21 Jun 2013 07:06

Thanks Shadow!
Gonna take her for a test ride!

furnival 30 Jun 2013 14:00

I have to agree with the above poster that the language used in this plugin is confusing and bad English. It was not clear whether I should have posted just my Google Analytics ID "UA-xxxxx-x" or the whole tracking code. Thanks though, it's a useful mod.

Pspfanatic 17 Jul 2013 16:52

I had the same question as above. Do we post the whole code or just the ID?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.