vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=290424

Black-Stealth 5 [SKINION]
by xxEarluxx
09 Nov 2012 21:12

2 Attachment(s)
Not Supported

Had some spare time and just messing around with vb5. Will make some free time to finish this style.

Cheers !

"Elegant black theme for professional ,social or gaming sites. The sophistication of black without all the clutter. A clean and simple theme that is sure to meet your site needs. "

ozzy47 10 Nov 2012 18:50

Glad to see this being worked on, one of my preferred styles.

Hornstar 10 Nov 2012 21:00

What did you think of vb5 when making this style? Better than vb3/4?

Sage Knight 11 Nov 2012 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hornstar (Post 2380085)
What did you think of vb5 when making this style? Better than vb3/4?

I assume he wanted to make the exact thing but for vB 5.

Hornstar 11 Nov 2012 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage Knight (Post 2380287)
I assume he wanted to make the exact thing but for vB 5.

Since he has made the same style in vb3 vb4 and now vb5 I am asking which vbulletin version he enjoyed skinning in the most. I have not heard any info on how vb5 is to skin on yet.

xxEarluxx 12 Nov 2012 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hornstar (Post 2380085)
What did you think of vb5 when making this style? Better than vb3/4?

In my opinion it's vbulletin 4 for now. I'm in no way saying that one is better than the other just a little more use to vbulletin 4. After version 5 goes GOLD I intend to start over fresh and make complete new styes. Just wanted to port a few for user who are going to upgrade.

Also it would be great if those who downloaded this style could report bugs. it would help me out alot.

Thanks !

bruneiguru 15 Nov 2012 05:07

Many thanks for this, I'll give it a whirl

MustangLisa 17 Nov 2012 22:08

Thanks, I'm using this now on VB4 and will be upgrading to 5.

CybertronWizard 19 Nov 2012 06:38

thanks a lot man...liked it...

8thos 21 Nov 2012 19:32

I tried to port my skins over to vb5 but the vB5 I was using didn't work. Good job.

DevilNetwork 13 Feb 2013 05:44

Hey xxEarluxx,

The application of the skin on my VB installation doesn't quite match that screenshot. The tables seem off, for lack of a better term.

I assume its probably because of a change to VB 5 since the release of the skin, but wanted to let you know just in-case you didn't already.

Highlighted the issues areas I have found here: http://i.imgur.com/4tEq8qy.png. Attached screenshot for comparison: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...5&d=1352499380

xxEarluxx 26 Feb 2013 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilNetwork (Post 2403930)
Hey xxEarluxx,

The application of the skin on my VB installation doesn't quite match that screenshot. The tables seem off, for lack of a better term.

I assume its probably because of a change to VB 5 since the release of the skin, but wanted to let you know just in-case you didn't already.

Highlighted the issues areas I have found here: http://i.imgur.com/4tEq8qy.png. Attached screenshot for comparison: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...5&d=1352499380

Thanks very much, will work on this. been very busy ,but will make time.

kshymkiw 09 Mar 2013 23:28

In your XML to import - you may want to change the version to 5.0.0 instead of 5.0.0 Beta 15 or else it won't install

zzSQL 16 Mar 2013 01:22

uh, dumb question here.

- Instructions for that blackstealth style says to unzip the contents of "Upload" to the root of your forum. (A directory called 'core')
- In the root of your forum there's already a "Core" directory.
- Am I supposed to overwrite the core directory that's already there? Cause i'm not going to do that.
- So, the instructions are fail, how do we make this work?

Kinda sick of the plain forum default for VB5.

cyberguyz 21 Apr 2013 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzSQL (Post 2410276)
uh, dumb question here.

- Instructions for that blackstealth style says to unzip the contents of "Upload" to the root of your forum. (A directory called 'core')
- In the root of your forum there's already a "Core" directory.
- Am I supposed to overwrite the core directory that's already there? Cause i'm not going to do that.
- So, the instructions are fail, how do we make this work?

Kinda sick of the plain forum default for VB5.

You won't replace the content of your /core directory with that of the style's /core directory. Copying doesn't work that way. Anyone that works with filesystems knows that. So there is nothing 'fail' about the instructions. The only fail is your limited understanding.

The only things that will get overwritten are files existing in both directories that have the same name.

If you have an issue with that, backup your /core directory somewhere before you apply the skin.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:48.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.12
Copyright © 2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.