vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254438

Detay 27 Dec 2010 21:57

thanx a lot

sticky 28 Dec 2010 04:01

Great mod but can we get the birth date on the same page as the options to speed it all up and make it a 1 page process?

lycheepassion 03 Jan 2011 18:42

I dont think this was good everyone is breaking the rulesnow! How do I find the original file?

lycheepassion 03 Jan 2011 18:43

Is it the register.php file for the original I want to revert? Thanx

The Rocketeer 06 Jan 2011 17:14

fast and clean...like someone said..thats more like it...thanks

GamerPerfection 07 Jan 2011 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by HostBidder.com (Post 2129122)
Looks good, has anyone found that using this has helped increase registrations?

Has anyone? Otherwise I'll take the silence as no.

Antidepresiv 11 Jan 2011 01:37

I think this can only help increase the registration of spam bots, since google recaptcha is cracked and useless, and this mod eliminates any usage of custom profile fields, they just don't display, or show up anywhere, so you are open for spam.. I would like if they were included, in this "optimized registration"..

Best Regards,
Antidepresiv

fluidswork 17 Jan 2011 06:32

Will this code work on vb 4.1.1 ................... ????

daveaite 27 Feb 2011 01:36

Yes

Wordplay 10 Mar 2011 08:00

sounds great, and i'm looking for something like this.

1. does it work on 4.1.2?

2. can we have screenshots to see what it looks like now compared to what it used to look like?

daveaite 12 Apr 2011 22:10

As far as I know this works on ALL VERSIONS OF 4.X and possibly earlier versions. I have been upgrading my vBulletin live sites with this modification and registration still works. I believe it also increases registrations tremendously. I've been getting anywhere between 30-60 registers a day.

Also it does include facebook connect and image verifcation ( even though the spam bots have beaten these)

daveaite 12 Apr 2011 22:14

Updated before and after images

venom2124 28 Apr 2011 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antidepresiv (Post 2147313)
I think this can only help increase the registration of spam bots, since google recaptcha is cracked and useless, and this mod eliminates any usage of custom profile fields, they just don't display, or show up anywhere, so you are open for spam.. I would like if they were included, in this "optimized registration"..

Best Regards,
Antidepresiv

Totally agree that your registration numbers will go up, but at what cost. If all you are getting is spammers whats the point of making it easier for them to get on your board. Once they are on your board it could cause the real members to shy away since they don't want to deal with the spam.

Wayne Luke 30 Apr 2011 03:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antidepresiv (Post 2147313)

Best Regards,
Antidepresiv

Captcha is dead and should have been considered a temporary solution at best. Pre-emptive scanning and filtering which doesn't require or allow input from the user is the way to control them. Sure some will get through but as they get reported, the filtering will only get stronger.

I suggest using this addon: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

Combine that with this registration form and your normal users will be a lot more at ease. You won't have to overwhelm them with a lot extraneous questions.

WxP 03 May 2011 01:17

A required field called Gener is missing or has an invalid value.
You have entered an invalid birthday.