vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254438

just.b.jealous 09 Jun 2011 16:06

Added referral section and scroll box for forum rules. Works on vB 4.1.3.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5125/registers.jpg

Replace the "register" template with the following:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

just.b.jealous 10 Jun 2011 04:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antidepresiv (Post 2139402)
Can this mode be used combined with email verification code ? Thanks!

What do you mean? I don't quite get it..

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticky (Post 2139935)
Great mod but can we get the birth date on the same page as the options to speed it all up and make it a 1 page process?

Yes and no, the information for the birthday page is stored in a different template, register_verify_age, and not the register template. Then it submits to a form to check your age and forward if everything is OK. Could be accomplished but would take time.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lycheepassion (Post 2143416)
I dont think this was good everyone is breaking the rulesnow! How do I find the original file?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lycheepassion (Post 2143419)
Is it the register.php file for the original I want to revert? Thanx

I changed the code a bit and added the rules in a scroll box above the check mark. See one of my previous post in this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antidepresiv (Post 2147313)
since google recaptcha is cracked and useless, and this mod eliminates any usage of custom profile fields, they just don't display, or show up anywhere, so you are open for spam.. I would like if they were included, in this "optimized registration"..

Best Regards,
Antidepresiv

Recaptcha.. provide your own images & questions, change them occasionally. Add isbot, (it's for vB3 but works on 4 with a few changes- look towards the end of their thread.), to your forum and you'll never get a spambot. Maybe a real person who takes the time to register and spam (people do get paid to do it), but as for bots- you'll get none.

Eliminates the usage of custom profile fields? Well that depends, if its a profile field you're requiring on the register page then yeah, but if it's just some other field then nothing should go wrong. If it is a field you're trying to require for registering- that's a simple fix. Need some help, let me know.

daveaite 16 Jul 2011 07:09

Thanks

cloferba 20 Jul 2011 02:14

why you add the section "already a member"?

if you enter to register.php you are not a member... i think those 2 boxs are innecesary

mikeinjersey 20 Jul 2011 02:24

For people complaining about the spambots, I used the original code daveaite provided, and still had my simple spambot protection intact.

I used

Settings > Human Verification Manager > Question and Answer

made it something simple like "What is 5 + 5?"

After implementing his Registration code, it was still intact and functional along with his fields.

So maybe this is a better alternative for others.

very simple to setup.

Along with Spam-O-Matic plugin, it's almost bulletproof. :-)

nice job , Daveaite

LisaArnold 23 Jul 2011 11:54

Thanks, works nicely with 4.1.4 pl2 :)

Lostboyfan 11 Aug 2011 19:39

Tagged for later.

Alecsmith 17 Aug 2011 08:42

Installed working on Vb 4.1.5 :)

kfyonur 17 Aug 2011 09:31

it is working on 4.1.4 thanx.

LisaArnold 21 Aug 2011 03:35

Installed using 4.1.5 pl1 and it works :)

Added:
Actually, no it's not working for me. :(

LisaArnold 24 Oct 2011 00:51

I'm still working on the rebuild of my website and decided to add a (test dummy) regular member account (non admin) for testing purposes, but when I go to register as a new member is says:

Quote:

The following errors occurred during your registration

You have entered an invalid birthday.

There is NO field for adding a birthdate for me to put it in. :(

I've tried to find that requirement option to turn it off in the admin panel (Settings/Options) but can't find it anywhere.

How do I either add the birthday requirement field to the registration form OR how do I turn that requirement off?

I really want this to be a part of my rebuild of my website, so hope someone is able to help me get this sorted out.

Thanks in advance for all/any help. :)

Gemma 24 Oct 2011 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaArnold (Post 2260701)
I'm still working on the rebuild of my website and decided to add a (test dummy) regular member account (non admin) for testing purposes, but when I go to register as a new member is says:

There is NO field for adding a birthdate for me to put it in. :(

I've tried to find that requirement option to turn it off in the admin panel (Settings/Options) but can't find it anywhere.

How do I either add the birthday requirement field to the registration form OR how do I turn that requirement off?

I really want this to be a part of my rebuild of my website, so hope someone is able to help me get this sorted out.

Thanks in advance for all/any help. :)

AdminCP > Settings > User Profile Options

Require Date of Birth - set to No

LisaArnold 24 Oct 2011 10:54

Thank you so much for that, Gemma. :up: It was driving me nuts trying to find that option. :)

BTW, does anyone know if you can actually have the DOB requirement in the shorter registration? Or is that the whole idea of a shorter registration (to eliminate things like that)?

Gemma 24 Oct 2011 11:06

Find:

Below that add:

LisaArnold 24 Oct 2011 11:20

OMG, Thank you Gemma. :up: :D :up: You're a champion! :cool:

You're definitely going to get a mention when I do the writeup of all the mods etc, I used to complete my site rebuild (once it's completed) and I'll be publishing it on my site for all to see. :)