vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231407

AndrewD 07 Jan 2010 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.T. (Post 1948896)
Hi AndrewD,

IE catbit is still the same

This is weird. The IE problem is highly intermittent on your site and non-existent on mine. I can get it to go away on your site simply by clicking on page reload.

Deviant K1 07 Jan 2010 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1948873)
I've reuploaded version 3.0.1 in the main post to fix the problems reported last night:

- missing page navs
- missing download icons for non-media files
- layout problems with catbit with some browsers
- bad url with rss icon

Please note that I have withdrawn the product files from the translations, and just provided phrase files, generally in both ansi and utf8 formats.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

WooT!!!!!!!!!

Thanks AndrewD :D :D :D Awesome work and support as always buddy!

raaowdot 07 Jan 2010 10:06

Big thanks Andrew for the quick and detailed responce to my query regarding the old icon set showing. Worked a treat.

Keep up the good work.

... sorry if i've missed this, as I have looked, but the old version allowed the statistics to show at the bottom of the forum. Is this still available or maybe it was another mod add-on. I suppose we should have a widget now but I'd still like it in my forum page as that's my homepage.

AndrewD 07 Jan 2010 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by raaowdot (Post 1949413)
... sorry if i've missed this, as I have looked, but the old version allowed the statistics to show at the bottom of the forum. Is this still available or maybe it was another mod add-on. I suppose we should have a widget now but I'd still like it in my forum page as that's my homepage.

This is one of the features that I haven't got round to testing yet with vb4. Wll do so, and if there's a problem, will let you know.

Writing a set of widgets to correspond to the previous vbadvanced modules is my next task...

E.T. 07 Jan 2010 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1949253)
This is weird. The IE problem is highly intermittent on your site and non-existent on mine. I can get it to go away on your site simply by clicking on page reload.

Hi AndrewD,

It was an IE7 issue, with IE8 everything looks fine.

Thanks for your help :)

Regards,

Marcel

Title Center Alignment
by Deviant K1
08 Jan 2010 08:38

1 Attachment(s)
Hi again AndrewD :),

Got another one for you, so don't toss a 3 week old sweaty sock at me :D.

In the attachment below you will notice that the title of my video clip is aligned to the left and not centered as it once was. Is there a setting or something I overlooked by chance?

Thanks!

AndrewD 08 Jan 2010 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deviant K1 (Post 1950192)
Hi again AndrewD :),

Got another one for you, so don't toss a 3 week old sweaty sock at me :D.

In the attachment below you will notice that the title of my video clip is aligned to the left and not centered as it once was. Is there a setting or something I overlooked by chance?

Thanks!

No, it's a style bug/change as you choose. Will fix. (How dare you suggest that my wife would allow my socks to sit around for three weeks :D)

AndrewD 08 Jan 2010 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by raaowdot (Post 1949413)
... sorry if i've missed this, as I have looked, but the old version allowed the statistics to show at the bottom of the forum. Is this still available or maybe it was another mod add-on. I suppose we should have a widget now but I'd still like it in my forum page as that's my homepage.

This was done using the patch_forumhome 'extra' which is still available and still works. However, it does not look quite right in the new forumhome layout, so I will tidy it up in the next release,

Deviant K1 08 Jan 2010 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1950368)
This was done using the patch_forumhome 'extra' which is still available and still works. However, it does not look quite right in the new forumhome layout, so I will tidy it up in the next release,

I also would like to say that the 'extra' patch_forumhome DOES in fact work as intended. However, the patch-forumhome-newlinks and the patch-forumhome-recententries has caused SQL errors. Sorry I didn't take a screenshot of the error :( but I will once I finish the rest of my settings so AndrewD can take a look at them later.

So, on that note, if anyone DOES attempt to use either of those plugins receives a database error, just go back and remove those plugins.

These plugins have been tested on my test & live sites are working as intended... keep in mind, these are only the 'extra's I use on my site:
Tested on latest versions of I.E. 8, Firefox & Safari
add-mimetypes
add-page-information
admin-maintain
block-context-menu
block-useraccess
explorer-view
flash-sites
hide-magnifier
JW-player-extensions
limit-useraccess
patch-admincp
spider-url
stream-mms-videos
tagcloud
upload-names





(And to comment AndrewD's post about his sweaty 3 week old socks... So you say! :D)

Safari Drop Down Menu
by Deviant K1
08 Jan 2010 20:41

1 Attachment(s)
AndrewD,

Not that I don't think you have a lot of work on your desk to do at the moment but I felt the need to add a little more :D.

In the below attachment while viewing a category, if filters are use and you attempt to use the drop menu box, it doesn't work in Safari. I tried refreshing and that didn't work.

IE8, Firefox and Chrome works fine :D.

ShawnV 08 Jan 2010 20:58

Andrew, swfuploader may need a look at after the 3.0.1 update.

I have extra socks if needed :D

Deviant K1 08 Jan 2010 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnV (Post 1950655)
Andrew, swfuploader may need a look at after the 3.0.1 update.

I have extra socks if needed :D

:D :D :D ... Socks....

Anyway, what issues are you having with the swfuploader?

Reason why I ask is because I haven't found an issue with it using IE8, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.

ShawnV 08 Jan 2010 21:47

After updating to the newest 3.0.1 and re-installing the swfuploader I had database errors, these went away if I disabled that plug-in.

Deviant K1 09 Jan 2010 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnV (Post 1950690)
After updating to the newest 3.0.1 and re-installing the swfuploader I had database errors, these went away if I disabled that plug-in.

Hmmm, that's a bit odd. I'm assuming you tried on it IE8, Firefox, Safari and Chrome?

Actually, wouldn't matter to me.. if I got DB errors regardless of which browser, I'd disable it too! :)

You may want to try installing adobe shockwave plugin for your browser(s) and be sure you have the latest adobe flash player plugin.

AndrewD 09 Jan 2010 02:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnV (Post 1950655)
Andrew, swfuploader may need a look at after the 3.0.1 update.

I have extra socks if needed :D

Warm, thick socks suit me best. Gives more possibilities for absorbing fluids...

Could you post, or send me a PM, with the database error you are getting. swfuploader itself doesn't do anything special with the database - it's mainly an interface to some fancy Javascript. Thanks.


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.