vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=235271

Ozymandyus 10 Dec 2010 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAquanox (Post 2132077)
Sorry if this has been asked before. This is the best mod I've seen for Vbulletin so far.

Is there a way to include this as a Widget in the CMS?

Thank you!

Only if you make your own hack for it. Valter said he would look into it at some point, but that was almost a year ago. Updating this mod doesn't seem to be a priority for him.

stwan 11 Dec 2010 07:35

Not valid code in template vsa_chatbox_input:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

2 errors!

yemen 11 Dec 2010 07:38

thanx I'll try it

Duncan 11 Dec 2010 08:17

Quote:

This happens to me when you are part of a usegroup that does not have permission to view the chatbox, for example banned users or unregistered/not logged in. Perhaps it's to do with you being logged out due to inactivity and becoming part of the not logged in usergroup?
Thank you for your response. I can confirm this as well, when I try to view the chatbox logged out it goes to the smilies page. BUT WHY THE SMILIES PAGE? How can I intercept this within the hack to make it go to a 404 page or something, lol.

HeLLCiTo 12 Dec 2010 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ka0z (Post 2131949)
Time format
%H:%M:%S

Date format (blank to disable)
%d-%m

Thanks,

working fine now.

Jabel 13 Dec 2010 11:11

I have succesfully imported the .xml file, but I can't see the:

Go to: AdminCP > vBulletin Options > VSa - ChatBox

in my forum options, any idea why this happends? I'm using 4.1 PL2, do I need to do anything else? I can't configure it to appear in the FORUMHOME without this Option Panels?

Duncan 14 Dec 2010 23:09

Still looking for answers on how to make the "error" page go from smilies page to a different page. Anyone know how to specify which page the 404/no access page displays?

OsideRida06 15 Dec 2010 02:23

Great mod. Thanks.

Mustiii 15 Dec 2010 15:17

How can i center the Chatbox between the red lines in the picture? I am using the vbadvanced portal and would like to have the chatbox between the left and right modules.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2010/12/39.png

CrimsonRayne 16 Dec 2010 09:55

Hey,

How would you get this to display in a specific forum section only? For example, if I wanted it to display in only: forum -> uk -> business forum? Which has a forum ID of 8?

Mustiii 17 Dec 2010 19:03

How can i add the Vsa Chatbox as a Modul to my Portal site? it needs to be centered

Bram H 19 Dec 2010 17:58

I would like to use it on our portal as well (subpages) so any clues would be appreciated :)

xploder 22 Dec 2010 13:38

How can I set the default text colour? I have removed black from the colour menu but it is still the default and my site is dark, so unless users change the text colour manually it writes invisible text.

Phil56 22 Dec 2010 13:45

Originally Posted by TheLastSuperman View Post

Your correct Phil56 there are a few out there however I use the one Darkwaltz4 lnked you to and this one by Valter (Previously Cyb for short if you knew him by that name) :
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=235271

I could use either tbo but check them out and decide which ones best for you!

To add to desired template (example FORUMHOME):
1. Add 'index' to THIS_SCRIPT locations (Product options)
2. Add 'FORUMHOME' to template names (Product options)
3. Open 'FORUMHOME' template and put "{vb:raw vsachatbox}" to desired line (for example after '<!-- /main -->') -> Save

OK, I got #3 done but I don't understand 1 & 2. When I add 'index' to that I get a php error mainly because I do not know how to write the code. And #2 I got no idea.

--------------- Added 22 Dec 2010 at 12:07 ---------------

Never mind I did not have to do one and two its working great! Thanks a bunch!

--------------- Added 22 Dec 2010 at 12:10 ---------------

Oooooooops, slight problem! Shoutbox is at the top and bottom of the forum how do I get rid of the bottom one?

--------------- Added 22 Dec 2010 at 12:16 ---------------

If I disable it it goes to the bottom. I need it at the top and remove the bottom one but how?

amjadz4 31 Dec 2010 11:42

Would be awesome if it can be used as a module for the forum sidebar!