The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201283

hermoine22 29 Apr 2010 20:20

What is it? PM me

PHATTPANTZ 30 Apr 2010 08:18

Awesome, installed and works perfect

thanks

Barteh 30 Apr 2010 08:34

Don't have MSN. And as mentioned I have no idea what would be causing that, not sure what you want to discuss (and in private at that)?

hermoine22 30 Apr 2010 14:56

I dont know I might just reinstall VB

Pandemikk 01 May 2010 05:55

Try reuploading all your clientscript files^

And for anyone getting security token errors here's how I fixed it.

Go to your templates --> Edit cyb_chatbox ---> Search for:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Replace with:

hermoine22 01 May 2010 17:05

What do you mean by clientscript?

hermoine22 01 May 2010 17:07

I've reuploaded and reinstalled the chatbox several times doesnt do anything.

Pandemikk 02 May 2010 02:32

I mean the files located in public_html/forums/clientscript

Reupload them with the original vBulletin files.

hermoine22 02 May 2010 16:27

Yea done...ended up my original vbuletting install was coruptted it works now thanks.

da_judge 10 May 2010 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScienceOfMuscle (Post 1806509)
Hope someone can answer my question.. the chatbox is showing up in my mobile template.. i cannot find a call for it anywhere.. is there a way to remove the chatbox from only my mobile template?

The way i done it was

Edit cyb_chatbox template of the skin you dont wanna show... and delete all content

haytham 10 May 2010 20:37

My smilies button isn't working. Any clues?

Bester 11 May 2010 18:10

Hi,
I've got a problem.

The clock at chatbox does not work at all!

Instead of a specific date and hour like 11-05, 19:57 and so on there is just a plain format [d-m, h:m]

I need some help guys.;)

TruthElixirX 05 Jun 2010 19:20

2 Attachment(s)
I am having a problem with the Cyb-Chatbox when I put it in the footer of vB. It works fine all other pages except Photoplog.

When it loads in Photoplog it loads all the HTML but none of the actual functionality. I have attached two screen shots to show the difference.

Any ideas? I tried adding it to the global variables in photoplog too.

93Corvette 08 Jun 2010 14:21

I also get the continous "Loading...." problem. For some reason, if I go into the AdminCP, then everthing works again. God knows why logging into the AdminCP clears the fault and gets things going again....

Has anyone ever figured out how to fix this problem? I have reinstalled it many times and it still shows the fault.

PhillyTom 15 Jun 2010 04:25

I installed this about a month ago and am just getting around to saying that it works really well. Installation was a snap. Thanks, and sorry for the delay.

Dutch_Boy 15 Jun 2010 17:50

This is the best shoutbox :) Only thing im missing some things :(

1. Send private messages via the shoutbox. Just short messages you can read and see in the shoutbox without using th PM system.
2. Private shoutbox rooms.

atcspaul 16 Jun 2010 00:37

my favorite also. sound and pms would make a great thing even better

Monarch.V 16 Jun 2010 07:15

Best ChatBox I ever seen!! Thx 4 it.

slipkot 26 Jun 2010 11:12

I think it would be nice to see some new features from version 3... What do you think?

gothicuser 26 Jun 2010 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipkot (Post 2059805)
I think it would be nice to see some new features from version 3... What do you think?

I must admit to using this chatbox because of it's simplicity and 'minimalist' presentation. Too many features=too many resources/slower/incompatibilities.

BlissfulErin 03 Jul 2010 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by atcspaul (Post 2054255)
my favorite also. sound and pms would make a great thing even better

+1 mine has been running over a year with no issues.

RTMdotORG 12 Jul 2010 04:15

I would like to know how to remove the auto refresh text and shouts since last visit, I combined this with latest posts side by side and it kind of makes the chatbox bounce. How would I go about doing this?

fta2k 15 Jul 2010 03:37

How do I fix this showing with every post :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/fta2k/www/www/misc.php(100) : eval()'d code(1427) : eval()'d code on line 1

ik7jwy 18 Jul 2010 07:04

HI,
I updated right now the vbulletin board from 3.8.5 to 3.8.6. Now the chatbox no longer supports accented letters. For example, when I type in the message and then I put it in the chatbox I see this code "&#232". Can I fix the problem ?
Thanks

jansen_berlin 21 Jul 2010 14:03

How can i deactivate the drop-down textcolor list?

how to change chatbox width?
by mp3u
28 Jul 2010 11:57

I've had this chatbox installed on my forum for about a year now and my users love it. I just updated my forum skin though to a narrower template than the default which I had been using. Can anyone advise me how to change the width of the chatbox? It now pokes out the right side of the forum.
Thanks!

Excellent
by kenmoresp
01 Aug 2010 21:57

No problems Breeze to install Really Sweet Thank you

mp3u 05 Aug 2010 14:14

Is there any way to resize images in the chatbox? Sometimes users post bb code links to images which are a lot bigger than the chat window and the chatbox pops out the right side of the forum. Any ideas how to fix this?

atcspaul 26 Aug 2010 22:03

great chat box but sometimes it posts the chat out of sequence. anyone else have this problem and find a fix

Danny Diamond 27 Aug 2010 20:44

How do you prune the whole shoutbox?

onealien 03 Sep 2010 05:47

worked like a charm..thanks...

is there a list of all the commands?

Froggy32701 12 Sep 2010 04:05

I get the following error when attempting to make any changes to any usergroups after installing the chat box.

Any ideas ? I even tried uninstalling it, still same problem. I noticed that even after I removed it the cyb cb options still appear in the usergroup options :scratching head:

EDIT:

I figured it out, it was from that other chat box I had installed..

BlackThorn 14 Sep 2010 14:58

Thank you Valter love it very much ^^

Lethaeus 17 Sep 2010 21:20

Thank you Cybernetec

masterme 20 Sep 2010 14:03

I have 3.8, works fine, but the time does not show, only H:M
Anybody an idea how I can solve that?

MotMann 21 Sep 2010 10:23

If the Box refresh, my Forums goes a little bit down in a row.

How i can fix that?

massi64 22 Sep 2010 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93Corvette (Post 2050439)
I also get the continous "Loading...." problem. For some reason, if I go into the AdminCP, then everthing works again. God knows why logging into the AdminCP clears the fault and gets things going again....

Has anyone ever figured out how to fix this problem? I have reinstalled it many times and it still shows the fault.

well my problem was the same with vBadvanced , my error was on the default settings, main options, CMPS URL wich it say

so you think you should put the full adress , but a dind't like it on mine and the only one working is ,for me ,

or

the dot in front sometimes it is important .
I hope a will help you .

:):)

synth19 24 Sep 2010 16:20

Had a weird issue with my forum today. My host actually locked my main index.php page. They said that they put a temporary block on the database, due to "an inordinate amount of processor time, to the point of degrading overall system performance."

I optimized my tables and also deleted my chat archive (something like 300,000 messages). Does anyone think the chat had something to do with this?

atcspaul 24 Sep 2010 16:32

i have not had a problem but i only have it visable to members and not guests. i also have it prune every 2 hours and last but not least i have it invisable to anyone with less then 3 posts. that helps to keep people from spamming in the chatbox

synth19 24 Sep 2010 16:39

^ Good idea. I just changed my settings to allow only users with 5 posts to see the box. I also set the pruning for every 24 hours.

atcspaul 24 Sep 2010 16:55

helps with a lot of useless stuff being done on the chat area. i also think it is a nice reward form members that are active to have a place to chat

Mathew7000 27 Sep 2010 14:26

i'm trying to use variable replacement manager to change one word to another but when i do this it fuggers up cyb chatbox, it gets stuck saying loading and does nothing, any insight to this?

kimof911 03 Oct 2010 21:01

i have a problem with security token over opera and IE8

it is working proberly on Chrome and firefox

so what to do ?

Bug (vBulletin Hebrew )
by nitl300
04 Oct 2010 09:42

Ty Bro ,i Have Bug In ChatBox On vBulletin 3.8.6 (vBulletin Hebrew )

Watersoul 06 Oct 2010 12:21

Thank you very much.
Is possible to add "reply" system in chat?
Something like start string with name of user reply to, instead showins user details when click on username...

bc641990 08 Oct 2010 17:58

love the chatbox, but have a couple of problems
users have been injecting the javascript and making there own /me functions allowing them to use any bbcode by changing or like for now i just removed all caps which fixes the problem but users are kind of upset with it lool
thanks

milaszewski 08 Oct 2010 19:04

will you release a chatbox for xenforo?

bc641990 08 Oct 2010 20:14

fixed the bug with the bbcode

[iMg]src[/iMg]

find

replace

find

replace

Seba123 11 Oct 2010 17:03

Seems to be laggy.

masterme 12 Oct 2010 08:54

Did not see any answer floating by, so I'll try again:

Quote:

Originally Posted by masterme (Post 2100938)
I have 3.8, works fine, but the time does not show, only H:M
Anybody an idea how I can solve that?

dawx 05 Dec 2010 06:49

Is there a way to alter the width of the chatbox?

gr8whtd0pe 08 Dec 2010 04:04

3 Attachment(s)
I went playing with the code, but the input box on the top, made it full width etc. Only catch is I use it in full only. This should have changed for the little version too... don't know for sure. Back up the current template before you go changing everything, just in case. If you want to see it in action (top style): http://www.wvmotorsports.com/forums/...hp?do=cchatbox but you would have to join first and all of that... more of a hassle really... so, screenshot:
Attachment 124294

Anyways, enjoy! Feedback?

Oh edit Template "cyb_chatbox" under "Cybernetec Templates"

Input on top of message box, refresh stats to left of submit button:
Attachment 124292

Input on bottom of message box, refresh stats to left of submit button:
Attachment 124293

atcspaul 08 Dec 2010 12:00

does anyone have problems with chat being out of order. like when you post something in chat it goes under something that is already thier

gr8whtd0pe 08 Dec 2010 19:21

I don't no.

RF600 08 Jan 2011 23:58

Hello
I have problems to get the chatbox in the arcade.
"$ cybchatbox" I have mentioned templates in the Arcade but nothing happened.
What's wrong?

Spinning9 18 Feb 2011 09:18

Gives a Style fix for Opera and Internet Explorer?
With Firefox is the Text normal "Left" and with Opera/Internet Explorer is the Text in Center.

How can i fix this?

Zylantex 25 Feb 2011 07:12

As per usual, if it says Cyb it's good. Thanks for the great mod.

|Jordan| 02 Mar 2011 21:01

I have my chatbox set up so that regular members can view it but not post. How can i hide display of the text input area? I just want the conversation list to display.

I tried putting an if condition member statement around the text input area in the template, but it didnt hide it.

htscpl 27 Apr 2011 10:30

I've had it with FlashChat so now on to better things ** installs **

zentao 14 May 2011 05:17

Works perfectly. Simple to install. Nice options. I'm pleased. Very.

wmlvb 26 May 2011 05:49

after having this mod for over a year, and no problems, am now missing the message box area including the input box. This is the case for both the full chatbox and the mini shatbox that I have constantly open. I checked all the settings and can see nothing wrong there. Can someone tell me how to fix? Thanks

wmlvb 26 May 2011 06:20

Never mind. I figured it out. The chat box was collapsed. Now I am wondering how the default got set to Collasped mode. Anyone have idea to change this option in vbulletin admin? Default was set to show it open at all time.

Valter 26 May 2011 20:32

There is an "collapsed by default" option in product settings.

CodeRed 29 May 2011 15:28

Question.

I have a Logician's Webtemplates Mod template with PHP code embedded in it from another mod and I would like to add the Cyb Chatbox in that custom template page as well.

The call to code is "$cybchatbox"

I'm willing to pay $25 via paypal gift if someone can send me the code to get this web template working with both included mods.

PM me if interested. Thanks a ton guys in advance for your help

mastertek2000 03 Jun 2011 22:16

i moved the site from usajeepowners.com to usajeepowners.com/forum/ and made a home page now on cyber chat box when you go to edit your chat i get this Mess The requested URL /forum/misc.php was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5...

need2fart 06 Jun 2011 17:15

I'm having trouble with the vbulletin censorship and this mod. When I have the censorship replacement include a bbcode:

the chatbox doesn't display the color but instead just displays

for a curse word. (ignore spaces it's just to display on this post)

Can you help me fix this? Whenever I copy the

and paste it into the chatbox it displays the red asterisk just fine. But it doesn't display if I type in a censored word.

Example of what I mean:http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6/unledoz.png

In the picture the censored word is replaced by bbcode but the bbcode does not display. However if I copy the text and paste it into the chatbox it displays the colored bbcode just fine.

Konstantinos 19 Jun 2011 18:08

When u are using the option to show newest messages at the bottom (reverse order) u cant see the previous messages by scrolling up becouse everytime the autorefresh refreshes the page the scrollbox goes down automaticly which doesnt happen when u are not using the reverse order. any idea how to fix this ?

same happens in the vb4 ver

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnV (Post 1995736)
Valter, can you check this out when you get time.

If you set the CB to: Reverse message order in ChatBox (newest at bottom) the CB will load with the last message not at the bottom, however it will scroll down after it auto updates.

CMFINC 19 Jul 2011 22:48

just installed.. sweet.. thanks for the hard work

CMFINC 27 Jul 2011 12:52

how do i get into edit chats on the main page? when i click to view all i get blank pages. only chats that show are the few i have on the main page.what do i have set wrong. LOL.

ikorolis 29 Jul 2011 03:33

How to fixed this error?

DeniDov 29 Jul 2011 03:41

Thank you! I needed this.

DeniDov 29 Jul 2011 20:01

I downloaded this addon and now I keep getting this: "No file uploaded and no local file found."

kiradotee 30 Jul 2011 11:02

In my forum this plugin doen`t work in IE, it says Loading... for forever.

Are there anyone with the same problem?

ikorolis 30 Jul 2011 16:08

i am wait to answer the coder/developer for moment i am change chat for another client.

corman420 19 Sep 2011 15:10

This is a great chatbox. It would be great if you could exclude certain styles from using this. I have an iPhone style and the chatbox doesn't load correctly. It seems to cause the entire page to refresh.

montsa007 26 Sep 2011 17:45

How do you enable it globally?

[email protected] 09 Oct 2011 17:44

Hello,

I saw this chatbox on an other forum and I like it, so i installed it on my onw forum.

But there is one problem, the time and date isn't working :( I only see d-m-y, H:i.
Is there anyone who recognizes this problem or knows the solution?

Thanks in advanced!

20paws4awd 23 Oct 2011 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantinos (Post 2210002)
When u are using the option to show newest messages at the bottom (reverse order) u cant see the previous messages by scrolling up becouse everytime the autorefresh refreshes the page the scrollbox goes down automaticly which doesnt happen when u are not using the reverse order. any idea how to fix this ?

same happens in the vb4 ver

I am having similar issues with this.

We do reverse order and the chatbox starts halfway back up and by the time you scroll down to read the newest messages it auto-refreshes and sends you back halfway up the chatbox

amine13420 10 Nov 2011 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2255161)
Hello,

I saw this chatbox on an other forum and I like it, so i installed it on my onw forum.

But there is one problem, the time and date isn't working :( I only see d-m-y, H:i.
Is there anyone who recognizes this problem or knows the solution?

Thanks in advanced!

I have the same probleme,

It can't show the date and time, i only see : d-m-y, H:i

How can we resolve that ? :(

amine13420 10 Nov 2011 18:27

Owwwwwwww,

My counter of connected has bombed unstead of 2000 now it show 20.000 membre connected online :s

this hack have some fault ?

or somethings bad on my forum ?

amine13420 10 Nov 2011 23:20

solved,

must add :

%d-%m-%y, %H:%S

:)

mA|tRiX 11 Nov 2011 05:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by amine13420 (Post 2266658)
Owwwwwwww,

My counter of connected has bombed unstead of 2000 now it show 20.000 membre connected online :s

Same on my forum!!!

Ive deactivated the ChatBox and all "Guests/Bots" gone!!!

muratcan25 29 Dec 2011 13:47

To have ChatBox enabled on vBa CMPS:
1. Hack options - Add "adv_index" to "Show ChatBox on" setting field (values in this field should be separated by commas) > Save
-------------
Can you picture for this expression?

didn't work
by haytham
02 Feb 2012 16:20

Didn't work for me. Any other solutions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by street tactic (Post 1828268)
Reinstalled, I finally figured it out. AGH!

For those of you having issues with it not showing up in the ipbarcade.

open file /root/arcade/functions/functions.php

1) Search for:

2) add right below:

3) Save & Upload.

Cyb's mods are GOLDEN, so I knew there had to be a way to get this thing to work. Definitely pleased! Re-clicking Installed.

haytham 02 Feb 2012 16:36

Spent too much time on this. Although it's a great mod, I will look for something easier to place on pages.

Can't find anything better than this....................please I need help in adding the chatbox to my Arcade page.

haytham 05 Feb 2012 06:15

Sorry...Actually it was very easy to add it to the arcade page so my issue is solved. Thank you.

blind-eddie 05 Feb 2012 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by haytham (Post 2296334)
Sorry...Actually it was very easy to add it to the arcade page so my issue is solved. Thank you.

For the life of me I can not remember how I got it to work on the Arcade on one of my sites.
I have it working on others without using "$cybchatbox" in the arcade template or editing php files. Yes I set "THIS_SCRIPT" to arcade but wont show on the arcade page.

I posted here a long time ago how to get it to work on the arcade page. Seems this thread has been cleaned up quite a bit & I seem to have no post on 3.7 & 3.8 chatbox threads...

Would you please share what you did to get it to work on your arcade page?

haytham 05 Feb 2012 16:34

Ah..I see you say you set it in This Script but still doesn't show...strange..it did for me but maybe you have a style problem then.

blind-eddie 05 Feb 2012 16:49

No, it does not show on any style on the arcade page.
I only use chatbox in the arcade as I have for a few years.
Not sure why its not showing, thanks for your time.

Kitmitsu 13 Feb 2012 18:19

I've had this installed for years without any problem. However, over the past few weeks it's made our forums unusable. Here are the symptoms.

- The Chatbox will get stuck on "Refreshing Messages" after a few seconds

- Only about half of messages posted in the Chatbox will actually go through

- The entire forum is noticeably slower when the Chatbox is enabled. Opening pages takes longer and many pages will just hang loading constantly.

I haven't changed anything on either our forums or server setup before it started playing up. I literally woke up one morning and it wasn't working properly. Since it's started having problems, I've reinstalled it twice. Both times it started working incredibly fast again for a few minutes but then it went back to crawling after a few messages. It was running on the default settings. I've even reinstalled the servers OS just to get it working again but with no luck. I've reinstalled Apache, MySQL, PHP and Xcache but nothing changes. At first I thought it was because the chatbox table was getting to big but reinstalling it proves that isn't the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? Our members heavily rely on the Chatbox and everyone feels a bit lost without it. I don't want to use an alternative as this one has been so good to us for so long.

I hope you can help me.

ikorolis 13 Feb 2012 20:30

i have uninstalled chatbox

maybe no support VB3

i have many problems/errors and dont have time to search how to fix

found another chatbox and working without problems.

Kitmitsu 15 Feb 2012 21:17

Quick follow up. I've fixed it. It turns out Cloudflare (which I've been using for some time) has changed how they cache our forums and it for some reason renders the chatbox unusable. Putting Cloudflare into development mode or purging the cache had no effect. I had to disable it entirely.

They're still my DNS but my site isn't being accelerated by them anymore. It's all working fine again. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

logicSix 02 Mar 2012 12:51

had to remove this plugin after years of use. it brought my forum to a crawl at peak hours. the members really miss it!

sinomama 20 Jul 2012 00:03

How to display the message in chinese, plz?????
Now, all the messages is question mark. :(

http://www.tingzi.net/vb/attachment....1&d=1342742541

cheech47 31 Oct 2012 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by bc641990 (Post 2108184)
i just removed all caps

Hi

How can this be done? there are some members who seem to leave caps lock on all the time and it gets really annoying

jazzyname 21 Jan 2013 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikorolis (Post 2299388)
i have uninstalled chatbox

maybe no support VB3

i have many problems/errors and dont have time to search how to fix

found another chatbox and working without problems.

what one have to started to use....

I'm having problems as of late... it doesn't post messages in to the chat box area...

I stopped by here to see if it was updated... but ???guess not , and need a newone

TheKdd 29 Jan 2013 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by da_judge (Post 2034642)
The way i done it was

Edit cyb_chatbox template of the skin you dont wanna show... and delete all content

I just wanted to say thank you for this. I know it was a long time ago, but after reading about 40 pages, it was very nice to find the answer! (Since the OP is not quoted here, the above were the instructions on how to remove the chatbox from a certain theme.)

TheKdd 29 Jan 2013 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by amine13420 (Post 2266658)
Owwwwwwww,

Disable the chatbox for guests and this no longer happens.

shakirulqadree 12 May 2013 22:26

NOCTURNES 17 May 2013 23:21

Hey there, I have installed this specially when our chat rooms go down for technical reason. However although I edit settings so only banned users cant post on the chatbox, I find that guests can't post either. Is there a fix to that? I want guests to be able to post too.