vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=190037

Block Google's CHROME-Browser
by MrZeropage
04 Sep 2008 19:45

2 Attachment(s)
This Modification blocks all visitors using Google's CHROME-browser from your vBulletin.

Those users get a message in their Google-Browser that they should use any other browser and come back :)

keptang 04 Sep 2008 19:52

Just curious, why would one block Google Chrome?

Boosted Panda 04 Sep 2008 19:53

I was just thinking this as well? Maybe because its a Beta and is buggy?

MrZeropage 04 Sep 2008 19:54

Because this "browser" is collecting more than alot data about what users do, visit, surf to and even alot about the visited content - and some might not want all this on their site with their content...

Hasann 04 Sep 2008 19:59

From Google:

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html

MrZeropage 04 Sep 2008 20:02

Thanks, I think this promotes this Modification :D

alqloob alsahya 04 Sep 2008 20:10

thank"s so match

PaylaX 04 Sep 2008 20:12

But this EULA clasue is fixed

Quote:

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.
it isn't needful for me!

iogames 04 Sep 2008 20:47

Uninstalled

Blackhat 04 Sep 2008 20:47

interesting mod IMO

goyo 04 Sep 2008 20:47

It's an open source browser. Anybody can modify or look in to their code.
It's really laughable that people fear from it/spreading fud... :rolleyes:

This browser not collecting "more than alot" data whatever that means...

Gryphon 04 Sep 2008 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by goyo (Post 1614591)
This browser not collecting "more than alot" data whatever that means...

My thoughts too.....

The EULA fix was underway long before Hasann even made his post too.

noloafing 04 Sep 2008 21:03

The thing is its almost like google has crossed the line, now can now collect huge amounts of data about users.

They are not offering a browser because there nice but because they want to follow users off search engines more.

nanaimobar 04 Sep 2008 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaylaX (Post 1614572)
But this EULA clasue is fixed

it isn't needful for me!

That's like closing the barn door after all the animals have been slaughtered by wolves. Retaining copyright of content you didn't want searched, or scraped, or abused in the first place is no protection at all.

Besides, monitoring the habits of people gives me shivers regarding privacy loss.

Gryphon 04 Sep 2008 21:08

omg @ the ignorance o.O