vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=230428

asus78 12 Aug 2010 13:39

Hi, this seems not to work under 4.0.6? How do i have to change the config?

ragtek 15 Aug 2010 20:17

If you make a new version, pls remove the iif function call;)

It's deprecated!
You could also use the new vB Cache, for me it's working a little bit faster then calling the normal query. And because the "who's online" is never exactly (because of the user timeout) you will never see the real users;)

I'm using the cache for displaying the widget and the online users on forumhome

djbaxter 21 Aug 2010 20:45

Just tried to add this widget and I'm getting a path error: Fatal error: Class 'vBulletin' not found in /path/to/forum/packages/vbcms/widget/execphp.php.

I recently moved to a new dedicated server. What's showing in the error message is the correct path for my old server but incorrect for the new. It's odd because everything is working fine until I try to add the widget.

Where is this information stored or how do I change this?

Lynne 22 Aug 2010 05:56

My guess would be your forgot to change some path in your vbulletin options.

djbaxter 22 Aug 2010 06:47

Sorry... it wasn't the path at all. It was an error entering the code for the widget. Working.

bioload 05 Sep 2010 03:43

Hi Lynne,

I've installed on 4.0.6, and the widget will only appear if I clear the cache. Once I navigate away from the home screen it will disappear until I clear the cache again.. any thoughts?

Lynne 05 Sep 2010 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by bioload (Post 2093927)
Hi Lynne,

I've installed on 4.0.6, and the widget will only appear if I clear the cache. Once I navigate away from the home screen it will disappear until I clear the cache again.. any thoughts?

I'm not sure I understand. So you go to Home and it shows. Then you go to some other page and then come back to Home and it's gone? I honestly cannot reproduce this. Are there lots of users on your site? Are you sure you added the template to the correct style you are using? Do you have a url that I can see this happening?

bioload 06 Sep 2010 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2093939)
I'm not sure I understand. So you go to Home and it shows. Then you go to some other page and then come back to Home and it's gone? I honestly cannot reproduce this. Are there lots of users on your site? Are you sure you added the template to the correct style you are using? Do you have a url that I can see this happening?

That's right.....shows on the home page, but go to blog and come back home it's gone. Strange?...sent you pm link

Bankfodder 06 Sep 2010 11:19

Thank you. Is there any way to make it span the width of the screen - or designate what % or the screen it should occupy?

Mine is displayingthe centre part of the CMS. I would really lke it to display over the center and the right

Bankfodder 06 Sep 2010 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bankfodder (Post 2094487)
Thank you. Is there any way to make it span the width of the screen - or designate what % or the screen it should occupy?

Mine is displayingthe centre part of the CMS. I would really lke it to display over the center and the right

Forget this. I'm only just starting the learn my way round the layouts and grids.
It's sorted.
Ta

Bankfodder 06 Sep 2010 11:38

... However, are you able to give me a quick tip as to how to reduce the text size because it seems to have different text attributes to the forum who's on line. Also the borders of the box surrounding the cms who's online mod.

Sorry for the trouble.

Bankfodder 06 Sep 2010 11:47

OK, sorted the border color. It's called content_background. - not very logical

Just the font size now

Bankfodder 06 Sep 2010 12:35

If anyone knows how to change the font size in this widget, I'd be very pleased to know about it.

Lynne 06 Sep 2010 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bankfodder (Post 2094506)
If anyone knows how to change the font size in this widget, I'd be very pleased to know about it.

The font size in there is just set by the body tag which is set by the stylevar "font"

Bankfodder 06 Sep 2010 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2094566)
The font size in there is just set by the body tag which is set by the stylevar "font"

It is very kind of you to come back on this so quickly. However (sorry for being thick) - where do I find that please.

Lynne 06 Sep 2010 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bankfodder (Post 2094578)
It is very kind of you to come back on this so quickly. However (sorry for being thick) - where do I find that please.

Style Manager > find your style in the list > StyleVars > type "font" in the top box > select Font in list > Edit stylevar > Save

Bankfodder 06 Sep 2010 17:05

Thanks again for this. However, there is quite a list of different sylevars all with the word font in them. I can't seem to find the relevant one. Are you able to help again?

Lynne 06 Sep 2010 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bankfodder (Post 2094603)
Thanks again for this. However, there is quite a list of different sylevars all with the word font in them. I can't seem to find the relevant one. Are you able to help again?

It is just called "font".

Bankfodder 06 Sep 2010 20:37

I found it. Thanks. However, I changed the font size from 13 tp 10 but it doesn't affect your CMS mod.

Affected a lot of other things on the main board but not on the CMS

Lynne 06 Sep 2010 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bankfodder (Post 2094698)
I found it. Thanks. However, I changed the font size from 13 tp 10 but it doesn't affect your CMS mod.

Affected a lot of other things on the main board but not on the CMS

I tried it on my totally default 4.0.6 test board and it did affect this widget (and the other widgets). I'm not sure why it isn't on your board. You may need to play with firebug and figure out what class is overriding the body tag for it.

Bankfodder 06 Sep 2010 21:48

Thanks.

Anyway, it works very well. I'm pleased with it and the font problem has nothing to do with the mod.

SVTOA 06 Sep 2010 22:19

Thanks Lynne! Works great on 4.06

SeToY 19 Sep 2010 14:34

It just gives me:
Most users ever online was , at .

:(

Lynne 19 Sep 2010 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeToY (Post 2100464)
It just gives me:
Most users ever online was , at .

:(

Try going through the install instructions again in the first post because I just installed this fresh on a new 4.0.7 test site of mine and it works just fine.

Gomojoe 25 Sep 2010 19:18

I've added this to the left side of my homepage. Once I completed it I saw it where I wanted and it displayed correctly. Then I refreshed the page and it disappeared. Now it only appears sporatically. Did I do something wrong?

Lynne 25 Sep 2010 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomojoe (Post 2103082)
I've added this to the left side of my homepage. Once I completed it I saw it where I wanted and it displayed correctly. Then I refreshed the page and it disappeared. Now it only appears sporatically. Did I do something wrong?

Are you the only person on your forum? If so, I have heard it can be sporatic sometimes and so the best thing to do is remove the condition around the template.

Gomojoe 25 Sep 2010 23:53

No, we've got a bunch of people on there! What does removing the condition do? Also, how would I do that?

Lynne 26 Sep 2010 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomojoe (Post 2103158)
No, we've got a bunch of people on there! What does removing the condition do? Also, how would I do that?

There is a condition around the contents of the template:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Just remove the condition and see if that fixes the issue. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you because I have never been able to replicate this issue on any of my default vbulletin boards so there isn't anything I can do if I can't replicate it.

Gomojoe 26 Sep 2010 17:27

If I delete the condition code then it just displays the box, but without any values. Just says this in the box "There are currently users online. members and guests
Most users ever online was , at" Could it have something to do with being cached every 5 mins? That seems to be how long it takes it to show up again!

Lynne 26 Sep 2010 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomojoe (Post 2103363)
If I delete the condition code then it just displays the box, but without any values. Just says this in the box "There are currently users online. members and guests
Most users ever online was , at" Could it have something to do with being cached every 5 mins? That seems to be how long it takes it to show up again!

I set the cache to 0. However, you also have to apply the bug fix for that that is over in the bug tracker at vb.com

Gomojoe 26 Sep 2010 19:16

It does seem to be related to the cache as I lowered it to a minute and it now shows up more frequenlty. As far as the bug fix, anyway you could point me there? I put that in the search over there and didn't get any results that were anywhere near that.

Lynne 26 Sep 2010 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomojoe (Post 2103392)
As far as the bug fix, anyway you could point me there? I put that in the search over there and didn't get any results that were anywhere near that.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8082

top dogs 360 02 Oct 2010 17:31

Thank you Lynne (This should be standard IMO for the Vbul software, because when people visit the url it takes them to the homepage (CMS page) not the forum page.)

Again Thank you Lynne.

Top Dogs
www.xboxhounds.com

Lynne 02 Oct 2010 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by top dogs 360 (Post 2105921)
This should be standard IMO for the Vbul software, because when people visit the url it takes them to the homepage (CMS page) not the forum page.

Actually, that is up to you to set up. Open the index.php file and just comment out the line that directs you to content.php and uncomment that line to direct you to the forum.php page.

top dogs 360 02 Oct 2010 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2105970)
Actually, that is up to you to set up. Open the index.php file and just comment out the line that directs you to content.php and uncomment that line to direct you to the forum.php page.

Oh I didn't know that thank you. Sort of along the same lines maybe you can help with this. When members sign in it takes them to the forum page instead of the home page. Is there a way to change that?

Thanks,
TD

Lynne 02 Oct 2010 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by top dogs 360 (Post 2106017)
Oh I didn't know that thank you. Sort of along the same lines maybe you can help with this. When members sign in it takes them to the forum page instead of the home page. Is there a way to change that?

Thanks,
TD

Probably one of the "print_standard_redirect" lines in the register.php page. I've never looked in to changing the default action, so I couldn't tell you exactly which one.

marinelife 03 Oct 2010 18:45

Can anyone post their execphp.php, The fix does not seem to work for me and I want to make sure I have mine right.

IainMustardGas 05 Oct 2010 15:04

Works perfectly on vB Suite 4.0.7 :D

Thank you very much for this great widget :up:

albanah 14 Oct 2010 19:42

I have so many users on line.
the widget is very looong.
is there a way to set maximum height of the widget ?

Lynne 14 Oct 2010 19:59

You could probably set a height in this part of the template:

You may have to set the overflow property to hidden also.

albanah 15 Oct 2010 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2110156)
You could probably set a height in this part of the template:

You may have to set the overflow property to hidden also.

Many thanks Lynne.

It is working vey well .

gokhansancar 16 Oct 2010 01:20

thanks, i really like that widget

thephoneclub 20 Oct 2010 01:16

doens't work in 4.0.7

marinelife 20 Oct 2010 01:24

works in 4.0.7 for me

caciocode 20 Oct 2010 01:54

I have just tagged this. Might come useful later. Thanks.

Lynne 22 Oct 2010 21:35

I updated the template to use the new classes. I also updated the widget configure code to use the new query/method which will not show users from usergroup 3 or 4 which has been in place for the last couple of versions.

Juggernaut 23 Oct 2010 04:44

Installed the update, thank you Lynne :D

Vaupell 23 Oct 2010 13:52

sorted, tx lynne!

goshalim 30 Oct 2010 06:21

Hi Lynee

Please explain me this

When i creat the new template, where do i go and put the php code.

Sorry i am not an expert and i need some help

Thanks

Lynne 30 Oct 2010 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by goshalim (Post 2115942)
Hi Lynee

Please explain me this

When i creat the new template, where do i go and put the php code.

Sorry i am not an expert and i need some help

Thanks

The php code is for the widget. You need to create a widget, as the instructions say, and then configure it.

goshalim 30 Oct 2010 18:13

Lynee
Iam talking about the very first part when you are saying

1) Create a new Template
Styles & Templates > select style (I like to do this in the MASTER STYLE) > Add Template
Title - vbcms_widget_execphp_activeusers
Template code -

HTML Code:

Where do i put the HTML code ( not the php ) my mistake

Lynne 30 Oct 2010 20:44

You put the html code into the template you just created.

maherl 03 Nov 2010 20:38

Hi Lynne,

I have followed your instructions and set up the template. It all works well when I go to the website for the first time, but then what happens when I refresh the CMS Home page is the widget disappears from the screen altogether. (www.superstox.co.uk). Give it a try...

I am using v4.0.8. Have you heard of this before?

Regards, Lee

Lynne 03 Nov 2010 23:57

Yes, this has already been posted about in the thread. It can happen on inactive sites (where only one user is online). If I recall, the fix was to remove the condition around the template code. (It's posted in here somewhere, I believe.)

Bergler 04 Nov 2010 08:16

Hi Lynne, quick question! Is there anyway to make this mod, work with this one? http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=252753

Cheers. :)

Lynne 04 Nov 2010 15:50

Of course there is. You'd just need to combine the code between the two in the widget configuration.

BattleBunker 28 Nov 2010 13:29

First post on vbulletin.org .. thanks for this. Works beautifully - installed!
Cheers
BB

soul86 01 Dec 2010 10:39

Excellent Job . Many Thanx

Martyn1983 01 Dec 2010 21:51

Can't seem to get this to display in 4.0.8 - any ideas?

Cheers,
Martyn

Lynne 02 Dec 2010 01:31

Most likely you didn't do the steps correctly. Reread and redo them and then see if you still have the same problem. It does work on my 4.0.8 test forum, so I know it should work for you unless you installed it incorrectly or you have another mod that is somehow making it not work.

Martyn1983 02 Dec 2010 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2128162)
Most likely you didn't do the steps correctly. Reread and redo them and then see if you still have the same problem. It does work on my 4.0.8 test forum, so I know it should work for you unless you installed it incorrectly or you have another mod that is somehow making it not work.

Worked fine before I did the upgrade, tried a reinstall of the widget last night and no joy. In both cases I followed the instructions provided.

Not being funny, but getting a bit peeved with all the suggestions that things breaking due to 4.0.8 is somehow user related, when its just code that should never have been released in the first place. But i digress. If there is a fix that I've simply missed please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Lynne 02 Dec 2010 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyn1983 (Post 2128228)
Not being funny, but getting a bit peeved with all the suggestions that things breaking due to 4.0.8 is somehow user related, when its just code that should never have been released in the first place. But i digress. If there is a fix that I've simply missed please feel free to point me in the right direction.

If you did an upgrade and you had this template in the MASTER STYLE, then it's going to be gone because the upgrade will replace your MASTER STYLE. Did you check to make sure the template was still there for your style?

fluidswork 02 Dec 2010 16:48

Ya i think as a widget it will let us use the space that was previously used by this data..........

nick_n_ii 24 Dec 2010 01:06

Installed and set up but don't seem to work in 4.0.6

On the site we're running several themes. Seems this works great if I reset Home page to Default. Does that mean I need to add this to all the themes?

UPDATE
I had to enter the first part into each theme I wanted it to work in. Up and working now.

vglobal 25 Dec 2010 22:13

Installed. Work great on 4.1.0.

GamerPerfection 28 Dec 2010 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2103165)

Just remove the condition and see if that fixes the issue. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you because I have never been able to replicate this issue on any of my default vbulletin boards so there isn't anything I can do if I can't replicate it.

Thanks, that fixed my issue of it disappearing since I updated to your latest version. :up:

zaone 28 Dec 2010 13:40

Any idea when it will be ready for 4.1?

zaone 28 Dec 2010 17:11

I don't have vBulletin CMS in my admin cp. I'm using vbulletin 4.1 classic.

Lynne 28 Dec 2010 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaone (Post 2140074)
Any idea when it will be ready for 4.1?

Take a look at just this page in the thread....
Quote:

Originally Posted by vglobal (Post 2138998)
Installed. Work great on 4.1.0.

zaone 28 Dec 2010 17:18

Yep, sorry I don't know where my head was at ..
Now getting back to the other question, I don't have vBulletin CMS, is this option available only for those with vbulletin publisher suite? If so, how could i use this in my vbulletin classic forum?

Lynne 28 Dec 2010 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaone (Post 2140186)
Yep, sorry I don't know where my head was at ..
Now getting back to the other question, I don't have vBulletin CMS, is this option available only for those with vbulletin publisher suite? If so, how could i use this in my vbulletin classic forum?

This is a widget, so yes, it is only available for the Suite version. If you want a forum version, then you should be looking at the Forum Blocks, not Widgets.

ChaFF 29 Dec 2010 20:06

Interesting - working fine but like when u refresh a page it dissapears than after couple of minutes you refresh again and you can see it and so on

Zweeper 04 Jan 2011 23:56

hello,

i have a question about this modification.
I installed it as a forum sidebar block, and it works pretty well! perfect! Thanks for that so far! :)

I installed now the everywhere sidebar mod (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...34#post2144134 ) and i have some trouble with the online block.

It is still shown on the forumhome template. But when i change, for example, to a thread, the online user block disappears from the sidebar.

Can anybody help me with this issue? Any idea what's going wrong here?

I really appreciate every bit of help!

Regards

ThisIrksMe 07 Jan 2011 03:09

This is basically the same thing as the forum statistics. only this is for the entire site or just the CMS section?

Lynne 07 Jan 2011 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIrksMe (Post 2145222)
This is basically the same thing as the forum statistics. only this is for the entire site or just the CMS section?

This is a Widget, so it's only for the CMS pages.

nhdriver4 15 Jan 2011 05:45

Thanks so much! Easily installed and worked as expected!

demonfatal 15 Jan 2011 17:34

Thx Lynne! :)

just77me 17 Jan 2011 10:06

Is a german version available? where can i change the text? thank you.

Lynne 17 Jan 2011 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by just77me (Post 2150360)
Is a german version available? where can i change the text? thank you.

Do you have the german language pack installed? This uses the same phrases as used on the forums.

ErnestA 01 Feb 2011 01:36

Nice mod Lynne. Simple to install and it just plain works!

GONUMBER6 11 Feb 2011 04:57

Does this widget not work with version 4.06? I have also redirected my vbCMS to be my home page and now it only seems to pop up when it wants to. So I decided to redo the whole thing and now it is not working at all. I also have multiple styles. Thank you for any assistance :)

traen 11 Feb 2011 23:04

Thanks this worked on 4.1.1

traen 12 Feb 2011 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2103165)

This plugin seems to be working fine for logged in users, but will disappear for guests once they refresh the page on 4.1.1.

Edit: Nevermind it disappears for logged in users as well. Clearing the cms cache seems to fix it for a few minutes, and then it disappears again.

Edit to add: I lowered the widget cache setting to 0, seems to have fixed it at least for the time being.

GONUMBER6 12 Feb 2011 18:52

Yes my issue may have to do with my home page (CMS) set up via vbSEO? The forum block one works great, this one just shows up when it wants to.

Lynne 12 Feb 2011 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by GONUMBER6 (Post 2161815)
Yes my issue may have to do with my home page (CMS) set up via vbSEO? The forum block one works great, this one just shows up when it wants to.

I don't have vbseo, so I really can't comment on how vbseo would affect this widget.

karkey 13 Feb 2011 00:42

VBSEO will not affect this, I have it installed and its running fine with SEO

MGP_Tech 16 Feb 2011 21:59

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I tried a search. Is there a way to color code the names by usergroup?

Lynne 16 Feb 2011 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarilladee (Post 2163355)
Forgive me if this has been asked before, I tried a search. Is there a way to color code the names by usergroup?

That is a default vbulletin function under usergroup manager > html markup (something like that). It has nothing to do with this modification.

OldSchoolDSL 17 Feb 2011 23:25

I tried adding this, but it maybe conflicting with something. I ended up with a full white page with only the following...

I would suspect from the above, it is my vbOptimise plug-in.

Not any fault to your modification though.

Lynne 17 Feb 2011 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchoolDSL (Post 2163731)
I tried adding this, but it maybe conflicting with something. I ended up with a full white page with only the following...

I would suspect from the above, it is my vbOptimise plug-in.

Not any fault to your modification though.

Just quickly disable the other mod and see. If I recall, you need to sometimes rebuild something in that mod if you make changes.

OldSchoolDSL 17 Feb 2011 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2163735)
Just quickly disable the other mod and see. If I recall, you need to sometimes rebuild something in that mod if you make changes.

Yes, you have to re-build the cache. So I always do anytime I add a new modification.

Oddly your modification worked before I re-built the cache. It was only AFTER that things ended funny.

Disabling that modification did indeed correct the problem. Re-enabling it caused the problem.

So I can confirm where the error is.

Lynne 17 Feb 2011 23:42

Perhaps the modification interferes with the widget caching.

OldSchoolDSL 17 Feb 2011 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2163740)
Perhaps the modification interferes with the widget caching.

Kind of what I'm thinking.

I think I recall having a similar error before (also a widget using, PHP Direct Execution).

So I believe the error lies with that modification. I'll look into it further with that developer.

8thos 18 Feb 2011 00:33

Works great! I <3 u Lynne.

merk_aus 19 Feb 2011 16:36

Lynne,
Does this work with if conditionals? So on the widget on the front page can I put like Please login or register or once they logged in it displays this widget?

Lynne 19 Feb 2011 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by merk_aus (Post 2164295)
Lynne,
Does this work with if conditionals? So on the widget on the front page can I put like Please login or register or once they logged in it displays this widget?

You are welcome to modify it in anyway.

Nacho Vidal 20 Feb 2011 20:15

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Lynne,

This installed fine but in IE8 normal mode it doesn't display the user names properly as per the attachment.

In IE8 Compatibility Mode and Firefox it displays fine, but sooner or later I'm going to get some moans off my IE8 users.

Is there a fix for this or have I messed up somewhere? Am using vB 4.1.2 Publishing suite.

Thanks

Nach

Lynne 20 Feb 2011 20:55

Sorry, but I don't have IE so I don't know what the fix would be. You should check what is used in the Who's Online list on the forum.php page and apply that same CSS to the respective area in the widget.

Nacho Vidal 21 Feb 2011 09:18

Ok thanks Lynne.

Only showing on default template
by rotor
25 Feb 2011 23:07

Hi,

Can only get it to show on the default vBulletin template and not on my site which is using a 3rd party skin.

Where and what do i have to add to get it to show??