vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=129975

Hornstar 27 Oct 2006 06:25

I got this requested on my site only the other day, but they wanted to call it the sucks button lol, so I said no to that idea, however now that you have called it the groan button, and maybe I'll only let certain usergroups use it, I think it is a fantastic idea.

Well done.

Hornstar 27 Oct 2006 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe1
They work together now that if a user thanks or groans a post, they can't do the other to the post also. I just never did the rep thing yet in the groan hack. I'll try to get it in soon. You should click 'install' here so you'll get an email when I release the new version.

I think what he meant was, scrap this thread and the thanks thread, and combine them into one hack.

and as an option in the admincp, you have enable/disable thanks .... enable/disable groan etc. so that way, updating will be a lot easier.

If you would do this, it would be ideal for most people I feel.

Abe1 27 Oct 2006 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornstar1337
I think what he meant was, scrap this thread and the thanks thread, and combine them into one hack.

and as an option in the admincp, you have enable/disable thanks .... enable/disable groan etc. so that way, updating will be a lot easier.

If you would do this, it would be ideal for most people I feel.

It would be a lot of extra plug-in code for users who only want post thanks hack. Post Thanks Hack is a lot more popular and I dont want them to be bothered with a lot more code.

Abe1 27 Oct 2006 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornstar1337
I got this requested on my site only the other day, but they wanted to call it the sucks button lol, so I said no to that idea, however now that you have called it the groan button, and maybe I'll only let certain usergroups use it, I think it is a fantastic idea.

Well done.

You can always edit the button and phrases so it can be come the shucks hack.

Zelda-King 27 Oct 2006 17:45

Very nice! Would be even better with an exemption feature so you can add usergroups that can't be groaned at - eg, admins.

Abe1 27 Oct 2006 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda-King
Very nice! Would be even better with an exemption feature so you can add usergroups that can't be groaned at - eg, admins.

Interesting idea.

Hornstar 28 Oct 2006 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda-King

Agreed. I dont want to be groaned at lol.

amnesia623 13 Nov 2006 06:40

thanks for this

Re: [AJAX] Post Groan Hack
by kafi
15 Nov 2006 14:36

I was thinking about this groan hack as a collaborative moderation tool

1. After x-groans post will be hidden (only "show" link will replace the post).
or
2. post will be deleted (pretty hard option)
or
3. user will get PM to auto-censore-delete his post, or he might just check his groaned-posts and do it voluntarily (I do not have big expectations here)

BUT look what a GREAT addition was made to this add-on here:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...6&postcount=14
-----------------------------------

Abe1, any chance to turn this add-on to collaborative-moderation tool?
It will do huge work for any big forum .-)

ashley53680 17 Nov 2006 00:15

Hello!

I've been toying with this and your thank you to make it fit my board a bit more. I don't want to get people mad at each other for a groan, however I think it's a nice tool if it could be done without the person knowing who groaned.

Anyway my question. Do you know how I would just put that there are X amount of groans for a post in the postbit instead of Name (date)? I didn't put it in the postbit as of right now so that they can't see who did it. LOL But it'd be nice for those posts you'd like to groan on without really getting involved. :)

Thanks!

Brandon Sheley 20 Nov 2006 05:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by bang (Post 1104622)
you know what would be awesome? an option for both thanks and groan hacks to automatically increase/decrease user's reputation if his post/thread was thanked/groaned. what do you think?

i like this idea

Abe1 21 Nov 2006 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco.M (Post 1121302)
i like this idea

Done for Post thanks but not for post groan.

rx_1badbird 25 Nov 2006 17:25

Thanks Abe. I installed it here www.mobmototb.com
The fact that I don't have buttons for my style is disappointing.
Any ideas?

Janet Jackson 26 Nov 2006 02:50

1 Attachment(s)
Perhaps something like this ? Very nice hack by the way.

YeşiLMeN 27 Nov 2006 09:36

4 Attachment(s)
thanks my friend for this hack

i use groan and thank you hack with this images
i hope you like them
this images designed by Huor (Huor's other designs=> 1 , 2)