vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=325298

Major Errors
by I.G.O.T.A.
30 Jun 2017 15:05

Has anyone ever see this?

www.igotajeep.com

Our server had a Kernal update last night and now it has broken all our vB sites. Every site is doing the same thing. It was a major security update and when reverted back the sites still do the same thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul M 30 Jun 2017 15:07

A clue as to the issue might help.

What are these Major Errors ? I saw no errors on your link.

I.G.O.T.A. 30 Jun 2017 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 2587945)
A clue as to the issue might help.

What are these Major Errors ? I saw no errors on your link.

Look at the navbar. Click around and you'll see the code.

Dave 30 Jun 2017 18:08

So an update of the server its kernel (Linux I assume?) broke your forums? That shouldn't be possible.

What I see is all of your language phrases not being loaded properly.
Have you tried clearing the cache in the AdminCP? Did perhaps the PHP version of your server change which is now a PHP version that is not supported by your current vBulletin version?

I.G.O.T.A. 30 Jun 2017 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 2587952)
So an update of the server its kernel (Linux I assume?) broke your forums? That shouldn't be possible.

What I see is all of your language phrases not being loaded properly.
Have you tried clearing the cache in the AdminCP? Did perhaps the PHP version of your server change which is now a PHP version that is not supported by your current vBulletin version?

The version of PHP we're on is 7. We can't access the backend of anything. Only on the server.

This is the error we get trying to login:
PHP Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in ..../includes/init.php on line 333

Dave 30 Jun 2017 19:30

Line 333 in /includes/init.php in vBulletin 4.2.5 is what handles the vBulletin plugins. Seems to be that something is wrong with your datastore.

Try rebuilding the datastore cache by uploading the tools.php file in the do_not_upload folder of the vBulletin package in your AdminCP, then run it and execute the actions.

I.G.O.T.A. 30 Jun 2017 19:33

I will try that and let you know.

Thanks

snakes1100 30 Jun 2017 19:36

As its affecting all your sites, i dont seeing a kernel update corrupting all your datastore's at once.

Are you sure that the kernel was the only thing updated, as a simple kernel update wouldnt cause this issue?

Lynne 30 Jun 2017 19:36

All the tabs should be in the Navigation Manager. Have you tried going to edit one of them and saving it to see if it fixes the issue? Or, have you tried rerunning the upgrade.php script?

snakes1100 30 Jun 2017 19:39

The tabs arent the only thing broke.

I.G.O.T.A. 02 Jul 2017 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2587963)
All the tabs should be in the Navigation Manager. Have you tried going to edit one of them and saving it to see if it fixes the issue? Or, have you tried rerunning the upgrade.php script?

We did the upgrade.php script and that did fix a lot of the issues, but the CMS seems broken now.

Look at how the text is displayed.

http://www.igotajeep.com/vBforum/con...ertise-With-Us

--------------- Added 03 Jul 2017 at 15:48 ---------------

Can anyone tell me if there is a certain file that controls the text for vB? No clue why it has scrambled.

Thank you,
JJ

Lynne 03 Jul 2017 15:55

Your CMS looks just fine to me. Did you fix it?

snakes1100 03 Jul 2017 21:57

I looked at it earlier lynn, it was a charset issue. it appears its fixed now.

I.G.O.T.A. 04 Jul 2017 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne (Post 2588098)
Your CMS looks just fine to me. Did you fix it?

Yes. We updated to UTF-8 on the backend of vB and the Database, but now our emojis aren't working in Tapatalk and they did.

I can't win, lol.


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:01.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.12
Copyright © 2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.