vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=327616

problem in language symbols
by khalled
26 Oct 2019 08:30

1 Attachment(s)
in stall vb 4.x and after i change website hosting and transfer website and database to new hosting the web site language (Arabic) and forum control panel was change to strange characteristics as attached

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/atta...1&d=1572078674
how I can solve that

snakes1100 26 Oct 2019 11:07

Different charsets being used on each server, so you;; need to change mysql charsets to match what you was using on the old server

khalled 05 Nov 2019 20:01

I change it to latin1_swedish which I use on old self but unfortunately, not solve the problems
also I change it to utf8mb4_unicode_ci and not solve the problem as well
any other charsets can I use which compatible for the Arabic language

Dave 05 Nov 2019 20:53

Did you modify the "HTML Character Set" setting at Languages & Phrases > Language Manager > Edit Settings of the language?

snakes1100 06 Nov 2019 08:48

I meant the server, not in your db via phpmyadmin

Check the mysql server charsets, via diagnostics -> mysql variables

character_set_client latin1
character_set_connection latin1
character_set_database latin1
character_set_filesystem binary
character_set_results latin1
character_set_server latin1
character_set_system utf8

If those match on each server, then rule it out.

If its a plesk server, plesk likes to set a local php.ini with a charset in it, which is most likely wrong.


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:29.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.