vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=208324

Saviour 29 Mar 2009 16:51

Hambil,

I believe I've found the problem...

In the following file, eggadmin.php, you have the following:

$upload->path = 'images/misc/';

In two locations...this needs to be changed to:

$upload->path = 'images/misc/eggs/';

I'm going o edit this file, uninstall the current product and re-install it...and I'll let you know if we have a winner.

drupy 29 Mar 2009 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saviour (Post 1779742)
Hambil,

I believe I've found the problem...

In the following file, eggadmin.php, you have the following:

$upload->path = 'images/misc/';

In two locations...this needs to be changed to:

$upload->path = 'images/misc/eggs/';

I'm going o edit this file, uninstall the current product and re-install it...and I'll let you know if we have a winner.


I tried this, but it still doesn't work for me. Though the image now shows up in the Admin CP, it doesn't show up in the pop-up. When I egged someone with a newly uploaded item, the avatar still disappeared. I wonder if you have a better result.

hambil 29 Mar 2009 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saviour (Post 1779723)
Hambil...

I've upgraded this mod (from 2.04 to 2.2.0) based on your instructions here...uploading all the new files and making sure I allow overwrite when importing the upgrade. The problem is that if you try to upload a new image to throw...it's not being uploaded to the correct directory. It's being uploaded to the misc directory instead of the eggs directory.

The Egg Manager, shows the new throw, but doesn't show the image you upload.

Sounds like a bug in the upload button. Just use ftp until I can get a quick point release out.

Quote:

Now...if you upload a new image to the egg directory via FTP, then open the Egg Manager in the Admin Control Panel, you will see the image there, with the word Throw (striked). You have to select the Add Action, Edit the new Throw and then Enable it.

Something just isn't Kosher...


Any ideas?
The ftp upload/add is supposed to work that way.

Saviour 29 Mar 2009 17:54

Keep me posted...

The fix I previously stated I would try doesn't work...so, I'll wait for your fix.

drupy 29 Mar 2009 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saviour (Post 1779742)
Hambil,

I believe I've found the problem...

In the following file, eggadmin.php, you have the following:

$upload->path = 'images/misc/';

In two locations...this needs to be changed to:

$upload->path = 'images/misc/eggs/';

I'm going o edit this file, uninstall the current product and re-install it...and I'll let you know if we have a winner.

Yes it works for me now! I didn't realize that I should enable the added item first after uploading it. I can egg using uploaded items now and the images show up properly in both the Admin CP and the pop-up. Thanks.

drupy 29 Mar 2009 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by hambil (Post 1779789)
Sounds like a bug in the upload button. Just use ftp until I can get a quick point release out.


The ftp upload/add is supposed to work that way.

There is no bug in the upload button. Mine works alright now. What I needed to do was to enable the uploaded item first from the dropdown box. After enabling it, then I can edit it if necessary. This is the same with every ftp-ed items. They must all be enabled first before they can function as they should. The strike-through will disappear as well and everything will look OK.

However, yes, I did the edit on the eggadmin.php as Saviour suggested, namely changing the path to images/misc/eggs/ instead of just images/misc/
There are two edits.

Thank you! Now 2.2.0 is just perfect!

halkum 29 Mar 2009 19:09

Works great!

Saviour 29 Mar 2009 22:36

Fresh install after removing previous version and I get this error when trying to create a new egg:

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in [path]/admincp/eggadmin.php on line 427

Give me a break...

hambil 29 Mar 2009 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saviour (Post 1779973)
Fresh install after removing previous version and I get this error when trying to create a new egg:

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in [path]/admincp/eggadmin.php on line 427

Give me a break...


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Not complicated. $vbulletin->options['eggavatar_eggpath'] is the path you set in the options. $image['image'] is the name of the file: e.g. egg.gif.

The only way for this to fail is if the path is wrong, or the image doesn't exist in the path. I am open to suggestion on how to make this simpler, but please everyone check your paths and images when you install before deciding that something is broken.

Edit:
In fact, because I already do a check further up (added in last update) to make sure the directory is valid:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Then the only way to get the error message you are getting is if an image in the database does not exist in that directory.

It's always possible I could be wrong, and there is an actual bug, so forgive my frustration, I've just been dealing with a lot of these image path issues that aren't real issues :p

hambil 29 Mar 2009 23:02

Let me amend that by saying, the code should never return an ugly error is possible. So, it should report that the file is missing rather than 'blow up', so this is a bug of sorts, and I will continue to put in better checks for such things. But it's still just an image path/exists issue.

hambil 29 Mar 2009 23:26

Okay, I found a bug with the upload images via the upload button (we kind of new that existed already) and I'm fixing it, plus adding some more error checking. Please, for the current version, only use the ftp method for adding images.

DobieGillis© 29 Mar 2009 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by hambil (Post 1780002)
Okay, I found a bug with the upload images via the upload button (we kind of new that existed already) and I'm fixing it, plus adding some more error checking. Please, for the current version, only use the ftp method for adding images.

Dude! I have yet to see a coder as interactive and concerned as you about your work. You should be applauded for your effort! Cheers hambil!

hambil 29 Mar 2009 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DobieGillis© (Post 1780017)
Dude! I have yet to see a coder as interactive and concerned as you about your work. You should be applauded for your effort! Cheers hambil!

lol - thanks. I put up the new version with the fix btw.

TimberFloorAu 30 Mar 2009 01:10

Have to agree, I struggle to fit everything in. So realise and appreciate your time and effort.

^5 mate

Drago912 30 Mar 2009 02:08

After upgrading my members now say their avatars are all pixelated. I see everything fine but 5 members say they have this problem.......any ideas? Maybe an egg I added or something?


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:34.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.