vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=249277

BadgerDog 09 Jan 2011 11:19

When I installed this, I didn't realize (my bad) that it would also embed my advert code from each forum, generated from this mod:

Add Ads to each forum.

The graphic ads appear at the top of the forums, slowing down Dartho's excellent skin style.

Since the ad mod uses HTML, I think the fix for me is simple ...

Can you provide me with the IF statement in vBulletin jargon that I can put in front of my HTML code for the forum ads so it DOES NOT execute if the style equals the value of my mobile skin?

In other words ..

===================
If style not equal to "x" then skip to end and do not execute adsense code display ...

adsense code

end
=============

Thanks ... :)

Regards,
Doug

ps: Has anyone who uses it, been able to solve the conflict with this mod that I mentioned in a previous pic?

Separate Sticky and Normal Threads by pdtan

DaffyDuck 09 Jan 2011 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2146378)
works fine under 4.1pl2. Sounds like you either haven't uploaded the CSS.PHP file to your forum root, or perhaps your server doesn;t support php short tags, in which case you should download the alternative CSS.PHP file available in the first post (or first reply to this thread as the case may be)

I did upload the file, but you are probably correct with the short tags reference -- it sees the css file, but doesn't seem to react to all of it. Let me try that -- thanks for your quick response.

EDIT: Thanks, that did it!

wh1t3dr3am 10 Jan 2011 04:18

How to change style from mobile to default style ?Any advice ? :D

dartho 10 Jan 2011 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by wh1t3dr3am (Post 2146816)
How to change style from mobile to default style ?Any advice ? :D

as per install instructions:

Quote:

**Install and configure "LightWeight Style Options"
@BadgerDog - I will get back to you soon

Mark Hewitt 15 Jan 2011 15:19

Sorry if this is an obvious question but I've installed it and it overwrites my default style! I've had to revert to a backup copy of the database to get rid of it! What have I done wrong?

Mark Hewitt 15 Jan 2011 15:45

PS I have installed Lightweight sytle options - I think! But then it still only gives me the mobile style I cannot get back to the default style - more database restores and lost posts :( Nightmare.

dartho 15 Jan 2011 23:07

sounds like you merged it into your default style - this now has happened to about 3 people that I know of and I can see no reason why. Perhaps it's a bug in vBulletin? Do you have debug mode enabled?

Make sure you add it as a child style. Someone else said they created a new style with no parent, and then merged this one into that.

You don;t need to do DB restores to fix either, in teh vBulletin download package there is a tools.php file - upload it to admincp, open in browser and rebuild master style. That will fix. In the mean time I'll report as a bug ...

BadgerDog 15 Jan 2011 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2146949)
@BadgerDog - I will get back to you soon

Roger that ... :up:

Regards,
Doug

fly 15 Jan 2011 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2149718)
sounds like you merged it into your default style - this now has happened to about 3 people that I know of and I can see no reason why. Perhaps it's a bug in vBulletin? Do you have debug mode enabled?

Make sure you add it as a child style. Someone else said they created a new style with no parent, and then merged this one into that.

You don;t need to do DB restores to fix either, in teh vBulletin download package there is a tools.php file - upload it to admincp, open in browser and rebuild master style. That will fix. In the mean time I'll report as a bug ...

I've done it before, and it wasn't a bug. ID10T error

Mark Hewitt 16 Jan 2011 10:44

Tried it again but adding it as a child style, same result it seems to overwrite *all* my styles, if I do index.php?styleid=XX all I ever get is the mobile style!

Here's what I'm doing - vbulletin 4.1.1

Download / Upload Styles
Import Style XML File:
Import the XML from your server: mobile.xml (renamed by me)
Merge into style: (Create new style)
Ignore style version: Yes
Title for uploaded style: Mobile
Parent Style: Default Style
Display Order: 10
Allow user selection: Yes

It then goes through the upload process, which appears to be sucessful, but then I just get the mobile style and nothing else!

dartho 16 Jan 2011 13:15

give it a go with no parent (which would make teh Master style the parent which is the default style unmodified)

Mark Hewitt 17 Jan 2011 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2149978)
give it a go with no parent (which would make teh Master style the parent which is the default style unmodified)

I've got it working now. The only difference to the above was that I uploaded the style from my PC rather then specifying a file on the server. Shouldn't make any difference but it seemed to do so in this case!

dartho 17 Jan 2011 09:29

Good to hear it's now going as it should ...

dartho 17 Jan 2011 12:08

@BadgerDog -

First - if you have the Lightweight STyule Options add-on installed, try adding this:
$vbulletin->options['dt_separate_sticky_normal_active']=0;
$vbulletin->options['dt_separate_sticky_normal_remove']=0;

to the code to disable add-ons section.

If that doesn't work, try editing the Separate Sticky and Normal Threads plugin for for seperate sticky/normal threads and wrap it in

if (STYLEID!=n){

existing pluginin code

}

where n is the lightweight style ID

As for teh Ads stuff, try deleting teh entire contents of the forumhome_ads_code template in the lightweight style

dartho 17 Jan 2011 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Hewitt (Post 2150339)
I've got it working now. The only difference to the above was that I uploaded the style from my PC rather then specifying a file on the server. Shouldn't make any difference but it seemed to do so in this case!

Mark - I don't think it's you. Same just happened on my test site :erm: Uploading from PC = fine. Installing from file on server = messed_up :mad:

using tools.php didn;t help either!!