vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266142

CharlieDelta 26 Sep 2011 00:17

Fixed. :D

Logician 11 Nov 2011 08:55

Firstly thanks for the great hack. It is well written, has a clean code and from checking the source code, I can confirm that a lot of work is put into the project so frankly speaking I believe it is not appreciated enough. So I wanted to tell my appreciation for your work first! :-)

I installed it in a friend's board. He wants to use for bounce email management and not interested in email listing features so my comments are regarding this part only. During installation I had some issues, glitches and fixes for them so I wanted to share with you considering you might want to know about them.

ISSUE 1:

During the initial installation the hack didn't work first. It gave no signal but it was not processing any bounced emails. After some debugging, I noticed that imap_open() was failing with error:
Warning: imap_open() [function.imap-open]: Couldn't open stream {mail.___.com:143/imap}Inbox in [path]/dbtech/vbmail/includes/class_imap.php on line 98
Although all login details were correct.

After some work I noticed our server is requiring /novalidate-cert parameter otherwise, it is dieing with error:
Certificate failure for
___.com: self signed certificate:
/C=US/ST=Unknown/L=Unknown/O=Unknown/OU=Unknown/CN=server1.____/[email protected]___"

So changing the line in dbtech/vbmail/includes/class_imap.php:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

as

fixed this issue for us.

I think it might be a good idea to:
1- Add a hack setting to enter custom parameters there. Alternatively you can make "IMAP Port" setting inputbox "string", instead of "number" which will then allow entering values like: 143/novalidate-cert
2- In part:

It might be helpful to vbmail() admin with the value of imap_last_error() variable as it will help debugging connection problems when hack can't connect to the mail server. ATM admin is in dark when a connection problem occurs as no error etc. are returned. (Even when scheduled task is run manually in admin cp)

ISSUE 2:

In dbtech /vbmail/cron/threshold.php, this part:

Should be replaced as:

Otherwise email part in the user pm is blank.

ISSUE 3:

The hack is not unflagging user if vb option "verifyemail" is turned off since you tied unflagging only to register.php user activation screen. I added this pluggin to correct this issue for boards which does not use email confirmation:

HOOK LOCATION: profile_updatepassword_complete
PHP CODE:
Quote:

//Logician Hack : If user is not banned AND changed his email correctly AND email verification is OFF, THEN unflag dbtech_vbmail_bounceflag setting
if ($permissions['genericoptions'] & $vbulletin->bf_ugp_genericoptions['isnotbannedgroup'] AND ($vbulletin->GPC['email'] != $vbulletin->userinfo['email'] AND $vbulletin->GPC['email'] AND $vbulletin->GPC['emailconfirm'] == $vbulletin->GPC['email']) AND !$vbulletin->options['verifyemail'])
{

$onoff = '0';
$userdata->set('dbtech_vbmail_bounceflag', $onoff);
}
This fixed the issue for such boards.

If I run into other issues, I'll keep reporting.

And once again, thanks for the great hack and efforts put into it! ;)

DragonByte Tech 11 Nov 2011 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logician (Post 2266874)
Firstly thanks for the great hack. It is well written, has a clean code and from checking the source code, I can confirm that a lot of work is put into the project so frankly speaking I believe it is not appreciated enough. So I wanted to tell my appreciation for your work first! :-)

Thank you! You're actually the first person (outside the DBTech team :p) that's complimented me on my code quality, so it really means a lot :D

Quote:

ISSUE 1:

[...]

I think it might be a good idea to:
1- Add a hack setting to enter custom parameters there. Alternatively you can make "IMAP Port" setting inputbox "string", instead of "number" which will then allow entering values like: 143/novalidate-cert

I presume there's no downside to adding novalidate-cert for everyone? Surely no servers can be set up to hard reject a connection that tries to skip certificate validation as opposed to simply ignoring that directive... Thinking out loud here. I'd prefer to have it working without requiring admins to edit the port like that :)

I've added the novalidate-cert and the imap_last_error() to the file and it'll be updated with the next version :)

Quote:

ISSUE 2:

In dbtech /vbmail/cron/threshold.php, this part:
[...]

Otherwise email part in the user pm is blank.

Whoops xD

Quote:

ISSUE 3:

The hack is not unflagging user if vb option "verifyemail" is turned off since you tied unflagging only to register.php user activation screen.

And this is the kicker that requires a new version number as opposed to a hotfix xD

I'll release it later tonight alongside a vBActivity & Awards update, thanks :D

Fillip

Logician 14 Nov 2011 09:37

I've been reported that sometimes this error shows up for admin:

I traced it a little and noticed it could only happen during vb cron mailing. You include the class in "global_bootstrap_init_complete" hook so it should be there in all page visits but there must be a vb section which triggers vb mail cron for admin visitor without initializing "global_bootstrap_init_complete" hook to produce this error. I'm still working on it to find where but wanted to report here in case you also have an idea. :)

DragonByte Tech 14 Nov 2011 14:17

My guess is that the Cron doesn't use vB's bootstrap to initialise. Since cron mailing don't need vBMail stuff anyway, I'll edit the mail_send hook with this

That should work :)

Fillip

Logician 14 Nov 2011 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2267845)
My guess is that the Cron doesn't use vB's bootstrap to initialise. Since cron mailing don't need vBMail stuff anyway, I'll edit the mail_send hook with this

Why doesn't cron mailing need vbmail stuff? Daily/weekly digest, birthday greetings, event reminder are performed via cron. Actually so is ALL mailing process if "Use Mailqueue System" setting is turned on in vb. Am I missing something? :)

DragonByte Tech 14 Nov 2011 14:54

Because bounced mail collection is not strictly dependent on anything in that hook, the headers simply help it identify the source :)

Not to mention anything within that if condition I posted is only supposed to happen on vBMail's own pages anyway :)

Fillip

Logician 14 Nov 2011 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2267859)
Because bounced mail collection is not strictly dependent on anything in that hook, the headers simply help it identify the source :)

Not to mention anything within that if condition I posted is only supposed to happen on vBMail's own pages anyway :)

Yes collecting is not needing that hook but I assumed email sending depended on that since it needs to check if bounce flag is for the TO: user on. But I guess I'm safe to assume this class is not needed during that process, right? :)

DragonByte Tech 14 Nov 2011 15:33

Correct :)

Fillip

Logician 14 Nov 2011 17:56

ok thanks! :)

And one more issue I pulled from PHP error log: When threshold.php runs on cron, it is producing "PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function print_cp_message() in /home/.../public_html/forum/includes/class_dm.php on line 1092"

When I run the cron in scheduled tasks, it does not produce the error so I believe it only happens when it runs on its own.

DragonByte Tech 14 Nov 2011 18:03

Change line 152 of /dbtech/vbmail/cron/threshold.php to

I'll just wait a few more days for you to finish reporting these before releasing the bugfix version :p

I'm happy for you and imma let you finish, but this bugfix version will be the biggest bugfix release of all time.

Fillip

weindians 15 Nov 2011 10:07

if i turn off mailqueue option in email setting all mails will be sent straight away? is that correct? n i can get warning from host! vbmail uses queueing only if that option is turned on?? i sent one set after turning off cron based email mod( have been using) with mailqueue still on but still not delivered ( week) i assume that is because if that user visits only email sent in that case..

DragonByte Tech 15 Nov 2011 12:02

If you turn mailqueue off, you will receive warnings from hosts if they are prone to do that :p

I'm not sure what vB chooses to do if you turn off mailqueue, tbh. I support it, but I'm unsure if it ignores the setting or not.

Fillip

Logician 15 Nov 2011 17:21

I made a small change in dbtech/vbmail/actions/admin/bounce.php:

Before line:

I added:

So now I can monitor flagged user count easily without needing phpmyadmin. :)

DragonByte Tech 19 Nov 2011 00:32

vBMail v1.1.4:
Fix: In some rare cases, connection to the IMAP server could fail
Fix: The PM sent to a user when the bounce flag in effect will now correctly display the email
Fix: Forums without email verification would not properly un-flag a user when they changed their email
Change: IMAP connection errors are now displayed in the error message

Fillip

CharlieDelta 19 Nov 2011 16:24

Thank you for the update to this great product. My navbar issue is now fixed!!
Good work DBT!

snowlion 03 Dec 2011 04:35

I'd received 2000+ emails back with this message included
Quote:

Domain bentinhyeu.info has exceeded the max emails per hour (500) allowed. Message discarded.
I used Paul M's Cron based e-mail sending so the Mailqueue System has enabled.

DragonByte Tech 03 Dec 2011 10:13

vBMail uses vBulletin's Mailqueue system, there's nothing more I can do on my end :(

Fillip

Dadoo 19 Dec 2011 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logician (Post 2267782)
I've been reported that sometimes this error shows up for admin:

I traced it a little and noticed it could only happen during vb cron mailing. You include the class in "global_bootstrap_init_complete" hook so it should be there in all page visits but there must be a vb section which triggers vb mail cron for admin visitor without initializing "global_bootstrap_init_complete" hook to produce this error. I'm still working on it to find where but wanted to report here in case you also have an idea. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2267845)

Fillip

Unfortunately, that problem still exist with 1.1.4 version, but in "actions/admin/mailinglist.php on line 19"

DragonByte Tech 19 Dec 2011 12:11

No, in that script it happens because of the i.s.s.w. "security" product. Please either disable that or set its admin_global hook to 65535 so it stops breaking every other product.

Fillip

Dadoo 19 Dec 2011 16:02

Ohhh sorry to have missed that...

Thanks a lot Filip !

chrisbjax 10 Jan 2012 15:58

Hi Fillip,
Is there any word yet on importing a mail list from vb? or perhaps controlling distribution from vb groups?

DragonByte Tech 10 Jan 2012 16:01

Not yet, unfortunately.

Feature requests posted at our forum has a higher chance of being included, since vBulletin.org threads often grow to such lengths we can't reasonably track old feature requests.

Fillip

chrisbjax 10 Jan 2012 18:41

I posted the request on your support forum.
Thank you Fillip. :)

arkueckelhan 04 Feb 2012 21:13

Am I correct in assuming that if I send an email out from my normal vbulletin mailing system, this mod won't capture the bounces, etc.?

I ask because I need mailings going out to only those that accept admin emails currently and don't know how to get those into this system. I then want to delete emails that bounce.

(I think this will be a great system for other mailing lists I create as well!)

Alan_SP 05 Feb 2012 04:37

I think that it should get bounced mail.

You setup which mail address you want to use as bounce email. After mail is bounced, it returns to bounce email and this mod checks this email address through IMAP protocol (you need to set it up so in settings, of course).

So, you'll have all bounced mail there and you could check it automatically or manually, as you wish.

At least I think that it should work in this way. Filip will know more.

DragonByte Tech 05 Feb 2012 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkueckelhan (Post 2296239)
Am I correct in assuming that if I send an email out from my normal vbulletin mailing system, this mod won't capture the bounces, etc.?

I ask because I need mailings going out to only those that accept admin emails currently and don't know how to get those into this system. I then want to delete emails that bounce.

(I think this will be a great system for other mailing lists I create as well!)

If you configured the "Bounce Email Address" setting then yes I do believe that it will grab those bounced mail.

Fillip

Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes
by manuelmalin
09 Feb 2012 15:39

Hi,

The mod, each time bounced emails cron runs, copies all the data from "vb_dbtech_vbmail_message" table into the "datastore" table :

datastore / dbtech_vbmail_message / data

After about 200 bounced emails, the cron sends me a MySQL error :

Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes

One solution is to change my mysql settings, adding more memory, but the problem will happen again maybe after 200 bounced emails more...

Can you help me please ?

Regards,
Manuel

DragonByte Tech 09 Feb 2012 22:06

Whoops, that was an oversight, that should not happen. Thanks for letting me know :)

Open /dbtech/vbmail/includes/class_dm_message.php and comment out both instances of the following code:

Feel free to delete that datastore entry via

to save some database space :)

Fillip

manuelmalin 10 Feb 2012 11:20

It worked, thank you Fillip ! :)

Manuel

astdirect 11 Feb 2012 10:26

Installed and all looks good. Can you tell me how quickly this sends the emails out ? I am only allowed 500 per hour but i have a mailing list of 1000+. How can i achieve this ? I have mailqueue on in email options and set batch to 10, but no idea if this is correct.

Also, when does a user receive a PM ? Is it after emails bounce a certain amount of times or after first bounce ?

DragonByte Tech 11 Feb 2012 16:04

It sends out mailqueue amount of emails every page load.

He receives a PM when the amount of bounces match the threshold set in the options.

Fillip

RedPoint 08 Mar 2012 07:49

Hi, the Check 4 Hacking vers. 1.0 addon say:
Quote:

infect in dbtech_vbmail_message module
Its true? Please check!

Regards

DragonByte Tech 08 Mar 2012 11:25

That would mean that someone has tried to send an email containing an infection. It is not an infection in this mod, as that is not a module but a database table. Database tables created via a SQL command cannot be infected :)

Fillip

RedPoint 08 Mar 2012 14:40

Hi Fillip,
I use Check 4 Hacking - Test the datastore for infects. Today when i run manual the cron, i become this message:

found infect in dbtech_vbmail_message modul - the forum language was in german and in german, a module is mean a addon. Now i repeat the task, nothing to see - its bizzare :D

DragonByte Tech 08 Mar 2012 15:01

Seems like there's nothing to worry about then :)

Fillip

DragonByte Tech 24 Mar 2012 01:10

vBMail v1.1.5:
Fix: Adding "too many" keywords produced unexpected results when saving a draft or template and opening it again later

Fillip

chrisbjax 27 Mar 2012 11:39

Hi Fillip,
Is there any special way vbmail is hooking the navbar?
I am having an issue with another mod (Tournaments, Ladders & Leagues Manager, by Bananalive)

When vbmail is disabled, the navbar appears with all options visible for TLLM.
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/

However, when I enable vbmail, I lose most of the options for TLLM.
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/

Any ideas on what may be causing this?
Here's a link to my site, if you'd like to look.
http://forums.usmilitarygamers.com/competitions.php

DragonByte Tech 27 Mar 2012 11:53

They must be using an incorrect method of hooking into the navbar then, I use the only method known to me that will work around the design flaw in vB4's navbar creation code and won't break the Home tab :(

Fillip

chrisbjax 27 Mar 2012 13:04

ok, thank you Fillip, I will ask over on the other mod.

chrisbjax 27 Mar 2012 14:56

Hi Fillip,
After some tinkering, changing the "Navbar Link" Plugin Hook location for vbmail from "global_bootstrap_complete" to "process_templates_complete" - the issue appears to have gone away.

DragonByte Tech 27 Mar 2012 15:09

But doing so many break the Home tab, which is why I put it where I did :)

Fillip

chrisbjax 27 Mar 2012 15:30

yes sir, understood.
Disclaimer - I only posted what worked for me. :D

Is there anyway to throttle the messages sent per hour?

DragonByte Tech 27 Mar 2012 15:41

vBMail uses the vBulletin Mail Queue system, I'm not sure if that has this feature but if it doesn't, then neither does vBMail :)

Fillip

Alan_SP 27 Mar 2012 22:31

I think that vB Mail Que system sends specified amount of mails (in settings) every page load of front end.

So people should use very low numbers there if they have very busy forums. Or higher, if on small ones.

stemmy 28 Mar 2012 08:50

I seem to have an issue.

This system was working fine (ish) a few weeks ago.

This system did have an issue with my members subscription system. When the mail program was running and a member paid an upgrade subscription they would not be moved to the new usergroup. Not a real issue as I now leave the mail program disabled until I need to send a message and then activate it, send the message, then de activate it again.

The new issue is this - when the system sends the emails I then get the returned (bounced) emails. I have set up an IMAP email to receive the mail. This system used to work correctly. When I activated the mail program I would then go to the scheduled tasks section and run the two mail program tasks - collect mail and remove members from list. When the tasks ran it would list the members that had been removed from the list and then delete the email from the mailbox.

If I run the system now all seems to work - I get no error messages. When I hit the scheduled task it used to list the members it had removed, I now get no members names in that list, it still shows that its done what it was supposed to do but no names are listed.

If I send another message I still get loads of bounced messages - if the system was working shouldn't these member have been removed from the list already ??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

DragonByte Tech 28 Mar 2012 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by stemmy (Post 2314153)
This system did have an issue with my members subscription system. When the mail program was running and a member paid an upgrade subscription they would not be moved to the new usergroup. Not a real issue as I now leave the mail program disabled until I need to send a message and then activate it, send the message, then de activate it again.

That issue has already been fixed a few versions ago, it was an issue with the mail_send hook.

You can check if your version is "safe" by opening /dbtech/vbmail/hooks/mail_send.php and check that the code is wrapped in

Deactivating the product after sending emails means that the unsubscribe link will not work, plus many other features of the mailing list that is integral for the functionality of the mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stemmy (Post 2314153)
The new issue is this - when the system sends the emails I then get the returned (bounced) emails. I have set up an IMAP email to receive the mail. This system used to work correctly. When I activated the mail program I would then go to the scheduled tasks section and run the two mail program tasks - collect mail and remove members from list. When the tasks ran it would list the members that had been removed from the list and then delete the email from the mailbox.

If I run the system now all seems to work - I get no error messages. When I hit the scheduled task it used to list the members it had removed, I now get no members names in that list, it still shows that its done what it was supposed to do but no names are listed.

If I send another message I still get loads of bounced messages - if the system was working shouldn't these member have been removed from the list already ??

Are you sure you don't deactivate the product before doing that? To my knowledge, nobody else are having these issues.

In addition, you should always check your Bounced Mail list (DBTech - vBMail -> Bounced Mail List -> Show Only Entries Generated By: Unknown Mail -> Submit) - cPanel will not correctly flag certain emails as bounced; example of one email is this:

As it's showing as coming from

instead of the actual email address seen in the email itself.

There is nothing vBMail can do about that, as it's not feasible to try to detect an email address from the error message - there may be multiple matches in these error messages, leading to confusion.

These emails will still show up as Bounced, but the users won't be flagged - thus explaining your issue.

You can fix it by going to the list I suggested, then editing each email taking the email from the message body and putting it in the field that has

in it, setting Is Bounced Mail to Yes, then saving the message.

Repeat for each email, then run the 2nd scheduled task again. It will then function correctly :)

Fillip

KGodel 31 Mar 2012 02:23

When attemtping to add a new mailing list, I receive this error:

Quote:

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.11:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT `bitfield`
FROM `mytablehere`
ORDER BY `bitfield` DESC
LIMIT 1;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'bitfield' in 'field list'
Error Number : 1054

Pandemikk 31 Mar 2012 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by KGodel (Post 2315241)
When attemtping to add a new mailing list, I receive this error:

Please don't remove the table and column names. That makes it virtually impossible to fix.

snowlion 31 Mar 2012 10:51

This is full message

DragonByte Tech 31 Mar 2012 12:41

Files updated, please re-download and re-upload the files. Re-importing the XML is not necessary :)

Fillip

snowlion 31 Mar 2012 14:41

Fixed. Thanks Fillip :D

wat3v3r 08 Apr 2012 07:33

This sounds like a nice mod, I got a query though. We do not send a lot of mails out but we do send the occasional birthday emails. Would this addon be able to handle the bounced emails from the birthday cron too ?

DragonByte Tech 08 Apr 2012 13:13

Yeah it will :)

Fillip

mescalin 12 Apr 2012 15:56

We use gmail and this mod can't connect to gmail imap. Is there a way to connect gmail imap servers and fetch bounced mails?

DragonByte Tech 12 Apr 2012 16:13

It should be possible, though I would very strongly not recommend using the same email as you use for actual communication (if you have already set up a separate "bounce" GMail account for your forum then I apologise for the emphasis, I just wanted to prevent possible data loss should you get it working) - vBMail will delete all the email it has collected from the mail server in order to speed up future fetching.

Without seeing an error message (you can see any connection errors by manually running the collect bounced mail scheduled task) I can't help, unfortunately :(

Fillip

mescalin 12 Apr 2012 18:27

Thank you for the emphasis. We use seperate bounced mail account for gmail.

Here is the error:

I guess imap function is different for gmail.

http://www.electrictoolbox.com/php-i...d-email-gmail/

So isn't it possible to use VbMail with gmail?

Thanks..

DragonByte Tech 12 Apr 2012 18:33

From what I can tell, you entered 1 as the IMAP Port in DragonByte Tech: vBMail - Bounced Mail Settings.

Please correct that to 993, which is the correct port for connecting to GMail's IMAP server, then let me know if that works :)

Fillip

mescalin 12 Apr 2012 18:58

I saw 1 and edited my post immediately after posting. 993 does not work.

I tried to enter "imap.gmail.com:993/ssl" and many combinations left port number blank if it helps. Thats why you saw 1 as the port. before my edit.

Ps. I tried vbmail with a regular imap server and collected emails.

DragonByte Tech 12 Apr 2012 19:08

Try these exact settings:

IMAP Host: imap.gmail.com
IMAP Port: 993
Use SSL: Yes

I'm not sure whether you just told me you tried to enter "imap.gmail.com:993" in the port field, but try these settings regardless :)

Fillip

mescalin 12 Apr 2012 19:39

Problem was CFS firewall was blocking port 993 in my server. And when i open that port it collects them. Sorry about that, i couldnt think of firewall im using.

Now i collected bounced mails then i ran "Bounced Mail Threshold" it sent members pms and changed their setting. When i rerun it it sends same pms to these same users again and again in each "Bounced Mail Threshold" run. Shouldnt it send pm only once and process one member only once?

my "Bounced Mail Threshold" is 1

DragonByte Tech 12 Apr 2012 19:51

It will only send it to them once, unless for some reason it fails to set dbtech_vbmail_bounceflag to 1 for those users. Check that it has correctly flipped to 1 for those users :)

Fillip

elsparkodiablo 18 Apr 2012 01:39

I've installed this and am running into a problem. We use google as our mail server with mail.(ourdomain).com aliased to google. I've set up a bounced email address - [email protected](ourdomain).com through google, but I'm not sure what to put in the vbmail settings in order to get this active and working. When I attempt to run the cron task for bounced mails, it times out and gives me weird error messages.

DragonByte Tech 18 Apr 2012 01:42

You can get the answer for this 3 posts above yours :)

IMAP Host: imap.gmail.com
IMAP Port: 993
Use SSL: Yes

Fillip

elsparkodiablo 18 Apr 2012 01:58

Thanks for the fast followup, I had to put the [email protected](ourdomain).com instead of just bounced in the email field. Sorry.

I have 180k users, with probably tens of thousands who are orphaned, spammers, etc. Is there going to be a way to mass delete bounced emails?

DragonByte Tech 18 Apr 2012 02:17

vBMail will collect the bounced mail from your server and store it on your server - it's not supposed to be deleted from vBMail's database :)

Fillip

elsparkodiablo 18 Apr 2012 14:13

Fillip, just wanted to say that I'm pretty impressed with this. I'll probably be buying a lifetime version shortly.

Have you given any thought to extending this to handle unsubscribing members from threads & forums as well, making it an all in one program?

DragonByte Tech 18 Apr 2012 14:43

It already does, if they reach the bounced mail threshold they will be unsubscribed from those parts as well to avoid future bounced mail :)

Fillip

elsparkodiablo 18 Apr 2012 14:51

Whoa, really? It removes their thread / forum subscriptions? You should REALLY list that as a feature above then, that makes this a MUST HAVE. Great work, and thank you again for a good piece of software.

DragonByte Tech 18 Apr 2012 15:21

It doesn't remove them, simply turns off email notification for them :)

Removing them outright would be disruptive to users who then proceed to change their email address to a valid one.

Fillip

elsparkodiablo 18 Apr 2012 15:43

Is there a way to have this automatically notify the member in question that their email has bounced?

DragonByte Tech 18 Apr 2012 15:51

Not straight away, but once they have reached the threshold they will receive a PM stating what has happened and what they need to do :)

Fillip

[email protected] 09 May 2012 13:25

There's a way to use html code to make newsletter?

DragonByte Tech 09 May 2012 14:22

Yeah, you can use HTML code :)

Fillip

Martyn1983 10 May 2012 19:24

Can the number of emails sent per hour be altered?

Our server has a limit off 200 and at the moment my email is being swamped with auto-responses saying mail cannot be sent :(

DragonByte Tech 10 May 2012 19:31

vBMail uses vBulletin's mailqueue system and I don't believe it supports email per hour limit at this time. Any modification that implements this (if it exists) will work with vBMail, though :)

Fillip

Martyn1983 10 May 2012 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2328172)
vBMail uses vBulletin's mailqueue system and I don't believe it supports email per hour limit at this time. Any modification that implements this (if it exists) will work with vBMail, though :)

Fillip

Ah - that's a pity :(

Will the bounced message re-send of their own accord? We really do need to get mails sent out to get old members back on the site again, but to up the email limit will cost money we simply don't have :(

DragonByte Tech 10 May 2012 19:41

It will not, no.

There are plenty of shared hosts that don't impose an email per hour limit, so I suggest you shop around if your current host is unwilling to accomodate you :)

Fillip

Martyn1983 10 May 2012 19:45

Damn.

We just moved hosts due to our hold hosts server continually dying on us.

[email protected] 10 May 2012 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2327712)
Yeah, you can use HTML code :)

Fillip

I tried but i had some odd behaviour:
i have to write on the editor without spaces like this

instead of:

There's a way to avoid this?
If i use spaces the newsletter appear messed up.

Logician 11 May 2012 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2298063)
Whoops, that was an oversight, that should not happen. Thanks for letting me know :)

Open /dbtech/vbmail/includes/class_dm_message.php and comment out both instances of the following code:

Feel free to delete that datastore entry via

to save some database space :)

Fillip

Thanks for this fix. After a while, it was also producing Fatal Error Allowed memory size of ... exceeded error as well. :)

DragonByte Tech 11 May 2012 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2328187)
I tried but i had some odd behaviour:
i have to write on the editor without spaces like this

instead of:

There's a way to avoid this?
If i use spaces the newsletter appear messed up.

That's probably because we convert new lines to <br /> tags. This is essential in order to allow non-HTML only mails to be sent.

Unfortunately to my knowledge there is no way around this :(

Fillip

DragonByte Tech 28 May 2012 22:37

vBMail v1.1.6
Feature: Now compatible with vBulletin 4.2.0's Navigation Manager.

Fillip

mescalin 06 Jun 2012 16:01

i use that mod for only bounced mail handling but have a problem with it. it changes user group of banned members too. So their bans are lifted because of bounced mails.

DragonByte Tech 08 Jun 2012 18:25

Could you please re-create this as a new bug report over at our forum? Sadly it's too easy for posts here on vb.org to get lost / missed :(

Fillip

John Lester 11 Jul 2012 00:30

Fillip I have a question about the unsubscribe part. When they click the link at the bottom of the email, what happens next? Does it take them to a page where they enter their email address and click a button? Does it send them another email with another link to click?

I'm having serious problems with my host (hostmonster) and finding an appropriate opt out solution :(

Hmmm does this handle ALL outgoing emails? IE birthday emails, thread subscriptions, new pm notifies? Or are those still handled by vBulletin? Reason I ask is that hostmonster requires a 1 click opt out for all emails. Meaning that after the user clicks the link in the email, they enter their email addy in a box and click a link/button and be completely done with the unsubscribing process.

DragonByte Tech 11 Jul 2012 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Lester (Post 2346829)
Fillip I have a question about the unsubscribe part. When they click the link at the bottom of the email, what happens next? Does it take them to a page where they enter their email address and click a button? Does it send them another email with another link to click?

I'm having serious problems with my host (hostmonster) and finding an appropriate opt out solution :(

They will be unsubscribed as soon as they click the link, no need to enter email address or click anything else on the page :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Lester (Post 2346829)
Hmmm does this handle ALL outgoing emails? IE birthday emails, thread subscriptions, new pm notifies? Or are those still handled by vBulletin? Reason I ask is that hostmonster requires a 1 click opt out for all emails. Meaning that after the user clicks the link in the email, they enter their email addy in a box and click a link/button and be completely done with the unsubscribing process.

No vBMail doesn't handle those. Also, those emails are opt-in so they should be exempt from those requirements.

Fillip

John Lester 11 Jul 2012 17:05

I agree with you Fillip that the birthday emails and such are all opt in and should be exempt, but my retarded host says no.

I don't send out mass emails so I probably won't install this mod, but if it's like any of your other mods I'm sure it rocks :) Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

cisoprogressivo 13 Jul 2012 11:26

I uninstalled vBmail and sometime I get this database error:

Quote:

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT languageid,
phrasegroup_global AS phrasegroup_global,
phrasegroup_dbtech_vbmail AS phrasegroup_dbtech_vbmail,
phrasegroup_user AS phrasegroup_user,
phrasegroup_album AS phrasegroup_album,
phrasegroup_posting AS phrasegroup_posting,
phrasegroupinfo AS lang_phrasegroupinfo,
options AS lang_options,
languagecode AS lang_code,
charset AS lang_charset,
locale AS lang_locale,
imagesoverride AS lang_imagesoverride,
dateoverride AS lang_dateoverride,
timeoverride AS lang_timeoverride,
registereddateoverride AS lang_registereddateoverride,
calformat1override AS lang_calformat1override,
calformat2override AS lang_calformat2override,
logdateoverride AS lang_logdateoverride,
decimalsep AS lang_decimalsep,
thousandsep AS lang_thousandsep
FROM forumvb_language
WHERE languageid = 1;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'phrasegroup_dbtech_vbmail' in 'field list'
Request Date : Friday, July 13th 2012 @ 12:22:08 PM
Error Date : Friday, July 13th 2012 @ 12:22:08 PM
Script : http://www.androidworld.it/forum/vbmail.php?langid=1
Referrer :
IP Address :
Username :
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :

DragonByte Tech 14 Jul 2012 15:40

You need to delete the files from this mod once you've uninstalled it.

Fillip

cisoprogressivo 16 Jul 2012 10:13

I decided to reinstall vBMail and I get a lot of this error:
Quote:

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:
UPDATE forumvb_user SET
usergroupid = 2,
usertitle = 'Baby Android',
customtitle = 0,
dbtech_vbmail_bounceflag = '0',
displaygroupid = 0
WHERE userid = 49125;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'dbtech_vbmail_bounceflag' in 'field list'
Request Date : Monday, July 16th 2012 @ 12:08:37 PM
Error Date : Monday, July 16th 2012 @ 12:08:38 PM
Script : http://www.androidworld.it/forum/reg...fd9295a3ac9827
Referrer :
IP Address : ***
Username : ste9822
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :

DragonByte Tech 16 Jul 2012 13:05

Run these 2 queries:

Fillip

cisoprogressivo 19 Jul 2012 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2348651)
Run these 2 queries:

Fillip

Thank you!

dany_danay 24 Jul 2012 18:33

Sorry, but i want to send an HTML email, but when i put it in the ck editor, obviously, it doesnt parse... I can send html mail?

DragonByte Tech 24 Jul 2012 23:30

Yeah, you can send HTML email :)

You can test it by creating a new mailing list only you have access to, then send a test HTML email :)

Fillip

rebelde 08 Aug 2012 05:13

Fillip,

Great job with the bounced email handling. I'm not sure you understand what a big deal this is. Building on your code, we can now block a lot of outgoing emails that will bounce.

I just created an add-on modification (the Poor Man's Bounced Email Handler) that uses your vBMail as a basis to block "new post" notifications. I hope you don't mind and that people find it useful.

DragonByte Tech 08 Aug 2012 17:49

I had a quick look at your code, unless I'm reading it wrong I think it's already covered by vBMail :)

The hook you used is executed in exec_send_notification, and the query only returns users that match

whereas part of vBMail's "remove the user from everything email related" cron job code is setting that column to 0 - so in theory it shouldn't fetch users vBMail has dealt with :)

For the record; we'll never give permission to re-use our code :)

Fillip

rebelde 08 Aug 2012 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2355587)
unless I'm reading it wrong I think it's already covered by vBMail

There might be a bug. Without my small bit of code, emails were still being sent out to users whose emails were bouncing. With my code, those emails stopped going out.

DragonByte Tech 17 Aug 2012 23:55

vBMail v1.1.7:
Feature: The Affiliate ID setting now properly integrates with the link-back

Fillip

DragonByte Tech 25 Aug 2012 18:59

Affiliate ID link hotfix

Fillip