vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266142

DragonByte Tech 13 Sep 2011 16:31

The flag is working fine for me in my local test build, there's an update coming out today so maybe that'll fix it for you :)

Fillip

CharlieDelta 14 Sep 2011 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2245379)
The flag is working fine for me in my local test build, there's an update coming out today so maybe that'll fix it for you :)

Fillip

Thanks Fillip I will wait for the update.

Just for clarification, in case I was not describing the issue properly.: When I create a newsletter it adds all registered users fine but anyone who registers on the site after the creation of the newsletter does not get added as subscribed.

DragonByte Tech 14 Sep 2011 02:29

vBMail v1.1.3
Fix: Notification links should now hopefully work with vBSEO even when its "Rewrite Member URLs" setting set to No
Fix: Any un-recorded hotfixes since the last version released.
Change: You should now be able to change -some- permissions for usergroups that were previously unaccessible
Change: The products now support the Product URL and Version Check features of the vBulletin Product Manager

Fillip

CharlieDelta 14 Sep 2011 02:49

Hi Fillip I applied the update and newly registered users are still not showing up in the subscribed list.:confused:

DragonByte Tech 14 Sep 2011 02:51

They will not be retroactively added, so that's not unexpected :)

Fillip

CharlieDelta 14 Sep 2011 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2245644)
They will not be retroactively added, so that's not unexpected :)

Fillip

I thought this might be the case.
So to make sure I get all new members added I have to constantly create new mailing lists. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of unsubscribing?

DragonByte Tech 14 Sep 2011 03:49

No it doesn't mean that :p

You can try unticking default subscribed, saving, re-ticking it and saving again.

I added another hotfix just now to deal with email verification, as you never told me if you had that enabled so I forgot to check that, but I believe that should be working now :)

Fillip

DragonByte Tech 14 Sep 2011 04:08

If you got a SQL error applying the previous hotfix, grab the new zip, as I updated part of the email verification code.

Fillip

brandon515 14 Sep 2011 17:08

Does this mod create the newsletters for you...in other words, can you tell it to send the newsletters to include recent threads from specified forums?

Also, does it allow for scheduling...like send them every 7 days at a specified time?

Thanks

CharlieDelta 15 Sep 2011 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2245674)
No it doesn't mean that :p

You can try unticking default subscribed, saving, re-ticking it and saving again.

I added another hotfix just now to deal with email verification, as you never told me if you had that enabled so I forgot to check that, but I believe that should be working now :)

Fillip

Thanks Fillip.
Unticking and saving the re-ticking worked.:up: I have not applied the hotfix yet however.
The answer is yes, I do require email confirmation.:D

CharlieDelta 26 Sep 2011 00:17

Fixed. :D

Logician 11 Nov 2011 08:55

Firstly thanks for the great hack. It is well written, has a clean code and from checking the source code, I can confirm that a lot of work is put into the project so frankly speaking I believe it is not appreciated enough. So I wanted to tell my appreciation for your work first! :-)

I installed it in a friend's board. He wants to use for bounce email management and not interested in email listing features so my comments are regarding this part only. During installation I had some issues, glitches and fixes for them so I wanted to share with you considering you might want to know about them.

ISSUE 1:

During the initial installation the hack didn't work first. It gave no signal but it was not processing any bounced emails. After some debugging, I noticed that imap_open() was failing with error:
Warning: imap_open() [function.imap-open]: Couldn't open stream {mail.___.com:143/imap}Inbox in [path]/dbtech/vbmail/includes/class_imap.php on line 98
Although all login details were correct.

After some work I noticed our server is requiring /novalidate-cert parameter otherwise, it is dieing with error:
Certificate failure for
___.com: self signed certificate:
/C=US/ST=Unknown/L=Unknown/O=Unknown/OU=Unknown/CN=server1.____/[email protected]___"

So changing the line in dbtech/vbmail/includes/class_imap.php:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

as

fixed this issue for us.

I think it might be a good idea to:
1- Add a hack setting to enter custom parameters there. Alternatively you can make "IMAP Port" setting inputbox "string", instead of "number" which will then allow entering values like: 143/novalidate-cert
2- In part:

It might be helpful to vbmail() admin with the value of imap_last_error() variable as it will help debugging connection problems when hack can't connect to the mail server. ATM admin is in dark when a connection problem occurs as no error etc. are returned. (Even when scheduled task is run manually in admin cp)

ISSUE 2:

In dbtech /vbmail/cron/threshold.php, this part:

Should be replaced as:

Otherwise email part in the user pm is blank.

ISSUE 3:

The hack is not unflagging user if vb option "verifyemail" is turned off since you tied unflagging only to register.php user activation screen. I added this pluggin to correct this issue for boards which does not use email confirmation:

HOOK LOCATION: profile_updatepassword_complete
PHP CODE:
Quote:

//Logician Hack : If user is not banned AND changed his email correctly AND email verification is OFF, THEN unflag dbtech_vbmail_bounceflag setting
if ($permissions['genericoptions'] & $vbulletin->bf_ugp_genericoptions['isnotbannedgroup'] AND ($vbulletin->GPC['email'] != $vbulletin->userinfo['email'] AND $vbulletin->GPC['email'] AND $vbulletin->GPC['emailconfirm'] == $vbulletin->GPC['email']) AND !$vbulletin->options['verifyemail'])
{

$onoff = '0';
$userdata->set('dbtech_vbmail_bounceflag', $onoff);
}
This fixed the issue for such boards.

If I run into other issues, I'll keep reporting.

And once again, thanks for the great hack and efforts put into it! ;)

DragonByte Tech 11 Nov 2011 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logician (Post 2266874)
Firstly thanks for the great hack. It is well written, has a clean code and from checking the source code, I can confirm that a lot of work is put into the project so frankly speaking I believe it is not appreciated enough. So I wanted to tell my appreciation for your work first! :-)

Thank you! You're actually the first person (outside the DBTech team :p) that's complimented me on my code quality, so it really means a lot :D

Quote:

ISSUE 1:

[...]

I think it might be a good idea to:
1- Add a hack setting to enter custom parameters there. Alternatively you can make "IMAP Port" setting inputbox "string", instead of "number" which will then allow entering values like: 143/novalidate-cert

I presume there's no downside to adding novalidate-cert for everyone? Surely no servers can be set up to hard reject a connection that tries to skip certificate validation as opposed to simply ignoring that directive... Thinking out loud here. I'd prefer to have it working without requiring admins to edit the port like that :)

I've added the novalidate-cert and the imap_last_error() to the file and it'll be updated with the next version :)

Quote:

ISSUE 2:

In dbtech /vbmail/cron/threshold.php, this part:
[...]

Otherwise email part in the user pm is blank.

Whoops xD

Quote:

ISSUE 3:

The hack is not unflagging user if vb option "verifyemail" is turned off since you tied unflagging only to register.php user activation screen.

And this is the kicker that requires a new version number as opposed to a hotfix xD

I'll release it later tonight alongside a vBActivity & Awards update, thanks :D

Fillip

Logician 14 Nov 2011 09:37

I've been reported that sometimes this error shows up for admin:

I traced it a little and noticed it could only happen during vb cron mailing. You include the class in "global_bootstrap_init_complete" hook so it should be there in all page visits but there must be a vb section which triggers vb mail cron for admin visitor without initializing "global_bootstrap_init_complete" hook to produce this error. I'm still working on it to find where but wanted to report here in case you also have an idea. :)

DragonByte Tech 14 Nov 2011 14:17

My guess is that the Cron doesn't use vB's bootstrap to initialise. Since cron mailing don't need vBMail stuff anyway, I'll edit the mail_send hook with this

That should work :)

Fillip