vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=299546

Proxy Alert
by TheInsaneManiac
27 Jun 2013 10:42

10 Attachment(s)
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2013/08/7.jpg

FORMALLY KNOWN AS TOR ALERT! PROXY ALERT TAKES CONTROL OF YOUR FORUMS WITH THE NEXT LEVEL OF PROTECTION! 3.8 VERSION HERE.

I've searched high and low for a modification that can detect Tor or proxy users. Personally I've had one too many banned members just create another identity and troll about. Now let proxies and TOR... Give you problems NO MOR! Now when those pesky proxy and Tor users visit your site, you can block them and redirect them to a custom error message!

You can also alert your members that proxies and Tor is not a nice thing to use! You can customize the message and it also allows to be closed.

Demo:
http://www.consolediscussions.com/forum/
*You will need to register as I have it set to detect for members only.


Features:
Thread Posting on Detection [PRO]
IP Address Whitelist [PRO]
Redirect Proxy Registrations to Blank Page [PRO]
Detect Web Proxies [PRO]
Email on Detect [PRO]
Index Only Option [PRO]
Usergroup Permissions [PRO]
*Search Engine Safe
Block Proxy Registrations (Registration Blocking Only Option Available)
Detect Lan Proxies
PM on Detect
Enable/Disable
Automatic or Manual Template Edits
Persistent Message Enable/Disable (Uses Cookies)
Redirect if Detected
Custom Messages
Customer Color of Messages
UserID Permissions
Block Registration Even When Proxy Disabled


No Branding Version:
For a premium no-branding version which has additional features, please visit my Products & Services page.

If you look forward to seeing this modification progress, you can help by donating! Donators will be given access to early releases before anyone else, and access to the 3.8 version pro when it's released as well. Upcoming features include:
Option to remove X on alert
Not allowing Tor users to post
Redirect to another page
Usergroup Permissions
Set a certain amount of views before blocking
Once closed, don't persist with displaying box
Possibly a notice type message instead of a popup
BAN Tor users automatically
Enable/Disable feature


Installing:
1.) Upload everything in the upload folder to your forum root.
2.) Navigate to AdminCP Add/Import Product
3.) Select product-toralert.xml
4.) Install the modification
5.) Set your options in the AdminCP
6.) Mark Installed :)


Upgrading:
1.) Upload everything in the upload folder to your forum root.
2.) Navigate to AdminCP Add/Import Product
3.) Select product-toralert.xml
4.) Check yes to Allow Overwrite
5.) Install the modification
6.) Set your options in the AdminCP


*Not working?
1.) Disable automatic template edits in the AdminCP
2.) Navigate to the navbar template in your style
3.) Add {vb:raw toralert} to the bottom of the template


Changelog
1.9.2
Fixed issue with broken bracket.

1.9
Fix for 4.2.2
AdminCP Manager
Pro Feature Ported to Free (Block Registration Even When Proxy Disabled)


1.8
Registration Detection Only
Added Link to Change Registration Detection Message
Fixed Issue w/ Registration Detection
Reduced Queries Further


1.7.5
Fixed "Could not find phrase 'proxy_alert_registration'." Error
Improved Detection
Reduced Queries
Enhanced Code


1.7
Thread Posting on Detection [PRO]
Added Member Only Detection
Added Global Enable/Disable
Restructured Code
Optimized Code


1.6
User ID Whitelist
Bot detection fix
IP Whitelist [PRO]
Registration blocker works with ip address whitelist [PRO]


1.5
Block Proxy Registrations (Screenshots Added)
Redirect Proxy Registrations to Blank Page [PRO]
Block Registration Even When Proxy Disabled [PRO]


1.4
-Updates
Changed IP text to Real IP
Changed pm alerts to be more detailed if it was detected using tor, a lan proxy, or a web proxy.


1.3
Fixed conditional issue


1.2
-Updates
PM on detect now posts the ip address, proxy ip address, and the hostname of the user

-Bugs
Fixed multiple PMs being sent


1.1
-Updates
Renamed to Proxy Alert
Detect Tor and Lan Proxies
PM on Detect
Detect Web Proxies [PRO]
Email on Detect [PRO]
Redirect to Blank Page [PRO]

-Bugs
Fixed cache issue
Fixed font issue


1.0
-Updates
Enable/Disable
Automatic template edits Enable/Disable
Font color of messages
Index only option [PRO]

-Bugs
Fixed cache issue in tor.php
Fixed online location still showing unknown for redirects


0.6.5
Added a persistent option in the AdminCP
Minor bug fixes


0.6.0
Alert message when closed will not pop back up (Stores tor cooking and if exists alert will not pop up any longer, this does not apply to redirection)

Changed the position of the alert to not cause issues with the Adblock Alert product


0.5.0
Block Tor users and redirect them to a custom page with a custom message controlled in the AdminCP

Enable/Disable redirection in AdminCP.

Who's online trigger


0.1.0
Release.

davidg 27 Jun 2013 15:02

alot of people use Tor for hacking forums this addon is very good one if u want more protection

djbaxter 27 Jun 2013 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidg (Post 2430798)
alot of people use Tor for hacking forums this addon is very good one if u want more protection

Perhaps eventually. In its present form, it doesn't protect you at all.

AK47- 27 Jun 2013 16:06

Can't wait to see this plugin come out of it's beta stages!

davidg 27 Jun 2013 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2430802)
Perhaps eventually. In its present form, it doesn't protect you at all.

i had this in mind when i posted:
Quote:

Upcoming features include:
Blocking access completely, make those troublesome users who switch identities, DISAPPEAR!
Not allowing Tor users to post
Redirect to another page
Usergroup Permissions
Set a certain amount of views before blocking
Once closed, don't persist with displaying box
Possibly a notice type message instead of a popup
BAN Tor users automatically
Enable/Disable feature.

djbaxter 27 Jun 2013 18:49

Yes. I was clarifying it for the other poster. I would like to see a total block for Tor users, personally.

TheInsaneManiac 27 Jun 2013 23:40

NOW OUT OF BETA!

You've posted, and I've read! Tor Alert 0.5.0 has been released and out of beta since I now have the kinks worked out.

You can now block Tor users completely and redirect them to a custom message set in the AdminCP! You can enable/disable this option if you choose to just stick with an alert. Also shows up in the who's online as "Blocked by Tor Detector."

I hope you guys enjoy this modification, and look forward to more features and a premium version soon! Feel free to leave your suggestions and feedback in the topic.

Ramsesx 28 Jun 2013 16:56

Good job, a 3.8 version would be nice.

davidg 28 Jun 2013 23:13

any plans on blocking i2p to ? i dont know if this is possible i m just asking :-)

TheInsaneManiac 29 Jun 2013 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsesx (Post 2431036)
Good job, a 3.8 version would be nice.

I no longer use 3.8, but I'll see what I can fancy up. Won't be a supported modification though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidg (Post 2431109)
any plans on blocking i2p to ? i dont know if this is possible i m just asking :-)

No plans at the moment, it simply isn't that popular for me to invest time in it. I've not had to ban anyone multiple times that use it. If it becomes more of a problem for me or if request is high enough, then yes the plans can always change.

rhody401 29 Jun 2013 11:02

What a great idea! Thank you for making this.

TheInsaneManiac 15 Aug 2013 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhody401 (Post 2431162)
What a great idea! Thank you for making this.

You're welcome. :)

0.6.0 has been released to now store a cookie that if detected will no longer alert as to of Tor use. This will not be used in redirection method therefor even if cookie is detected, they will still be redirected.

smirkley 15 Aug 2013 12:14

I like this idea and cant wait for it to be expanded.

Questions:

How does this detect TOR? I know they rotate IP's constantly as well as reassign the hostnames. Can this really detect the tunnels or users?

Would love to see a method to prevent tor posting and maybe even temporary moving into usergroups of any tor detected account.

Tagged for future. Tnx

TheInsaneManiac 15 Aug 2013 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by smirkley (Post 2438995)
I like this idea and cant wait for it to be expanded.

Questions:

How does this detect TOR? I know they rotate IP's constantly as well as reassign the hostnames. Can this really detect the tunnels or users?

Would love to see a method to prevent tor posting and maybe even temporary moving into usergroups of any tor detected account.

Tagged for future. Tnx

They subnet their address to the IPs. So by reverse looking up their IP address, and finding it registered to ip-port.exitlist.torproject.org the script then precedes to block the user. As of right now the only way to block posting is if you redirect them, I do have plans to bring the feature however into the product within the next couple of days.

smirkley 15 Aug 2013 14:59

Excellent. Liked.

So ip-port.exitlist.torproject.org is the "external content" listed above?



I havent yet (that I am aware of) had a problem member using tor, but I see this as a good defensive measure worthy of consideration.

davidg 15 Aug 2013 18:41

0.6 version have a bug

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/

smirkley 15 Aug 2013 23:57

I thought I would install this and test this out.

How do I turn off the X in the popup?

AURFSCAN 16 Aug 2013 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidg (Post 2439053)
0.6 version have a bug

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/


confirmed

for a quick fix until new product xml is edited and uploaded by author, edit the Tor_alert template, right at the bottom - remove ');}

its just before the closing script tag

@InsaneMan, you dont need {} there :)

Max Taxable 16 Aug 2013 02:11

This is REALLY needed for 3.8.X... Still ALOT of those board owners around.

TheInsaneManiac 16 Aug 2013 02:18

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by smirkley (Post 2439006)
Excellent. Liked.

So ip-port.exitlist.torproject.org is the "external content" listed above?



I havent yet (that I am aware of) had a problem member using tor, but I see this as a good defensive measure worthy of consideration.

That is correct. You can give it a try by downloading the Tor browser from their website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smirkley (Post 2439091)
I thought I would install this and test this out.

How do I turn off the X in the popup?

This will be in the next version (0.7.0), I will make sure of it.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Taxable (Post 2439103)
This is REALLY needed for 3.8.X... Still ALOT of those board owners around.

Acknowledged, I have been working on one since Ramsesx requested it. As I previously stated though, it may not be supported. I will be developing it on my employees 3.8 since I no longer have 3.8 and I won't always have access to it.


Quote:

Originally Posted by davidg (Post 2439053)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AURFSCAN (Post 2439100)
confirmed

for a quick fix until new product xml is edited and uploaded by author, edit the Tor_alert template, right at the bottom - remove ');}

its just before the closing script tag

@InsaneMan, you dont need {} there :)

Thank you both for pointing that out, however by removing those lines it would break the cookie detection as that is part of the if conditional. Do one of you have a demo of this issue that I could view, or can one of you cntl + u and share the source code so I could look for errors or possibly a modification conflict?

Maybe you could give this a go as well, I am wondering if the vboptions are giving it trouble.

AURFSCAN 16 Aug 2013 03:42

1 Attachment(s)
above xml no go

AURFSCAN 16 Aug 2013 03:51

1 Attachment(s)
edit


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.



to this


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


smirkley 16 Aug 2013 05:34

I have successfully installed the detector mod, and tested with the latest TOR browser.

A couple of points,...

I like and prefer the red pop-up in v0.6. it isnt all in the way, but I would like it to always be on every page view. IE-giving the admin the ability to eliminate the X. (already discussed earlier so no biggie)

I noticed that the detector doesnt work on cms pages. Not a problem for me as I dont allow members to create articles, but I think the pop-up should show up there anyway.

I dont know why anyone would use the TOR system, it like slows down my browsing significantly. Maybe I am just not covert and devious enough to need it I guess.


I like it so far. Thanks!

TheInsaneManiac 16 Aug 2013 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by AURFSCAN (Post 2439112)
edit


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.



to this


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

That is strange, in the standard of coding in javascript you always needed the brackets, it was like <vb:if> and </vb:if>



Quote:

Originally Posted by smirkley (Post 2439119)
I have successfully installed the detector mod, and tested with the latest TOR browser.

A couple of points,...

I like and prefer the red pop-up in v0.6. it isnt all in the way, but I would like it to always be on every page view. IE-giving the admin the ability to eliminate the X. (already discussed earlier so no biggie)

I noticed that the detector doesnt work on cms pages. Not a problem for me as I dont allow members to create articles, but I think the pop-up should show up there anyway.

I dont know why anyone would use the TOR system, it like slows down my browsing significantly. Maybe I am just not covert and devious enough to need it I guess.


I like it so far. Thanks!

That will be in the next version to eliminate a few other bugs I found. Should be up shortly.

What do you mean it doesn't work on CMS pages? It's hooked into the headers, which if I recall should be used in CMS as well. Is your style different on the CMS than the forum?

Tor runs fine with me, however I am on 50mbps optic internet so that may be why. Even some users are on a 54k internet connection, they just prefer anonymity over being public. Then you get those that are on a set vendetta to make your life a living hell, rather it be spamming your forum with useless junk, or harassing/flaming your board, getting banned, and using a new ip to do it again, regardless it is why I created it. I will actually be investing a little more time into this modification as I noticed since I started blocking Tor users that this one thorn in my side decided to use a web based proxy, which I plan to detect and stop those as well. Eventually if you make things really difficult for them, they give up haha.

AURFSCAN 16 Aug 2013 07:53

InsaneMan, ignore my last code as I didnt check with both page and popup, works with one not both.

this code works for both


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


TheInsaneManiac 16 Aug 2013 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by AURFSCAN (Post 2439130)
InsaneMan, ignore my last code as I didnt check with both page and popup, works with one not both.

this code works for both


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Hmm actually upon further investigation into the issue </vb:if> was the issue the whole time haha. I included it in the alert message which closed out the conditional before </script> could be finished. Anyway will patch this with the new version. After updating to the new version you will need to revert your tor_alert template and if using vbOptimise you will need to flush cache.

Edit: 0.6.5 released to include the persistent option and some other minor fixes.

rhody401 16 Aug 2013 11:52

0.6.5 download link says it is an invalid attachment.

TheInsaneManiac 16 Aug 2013 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhody401 (Post 2439163)
0.6.5 download link says it is an invalid attachment.

Works for me? Try pressing f5 and download it again.

smirkley 16 Aug 2013 13:45

I just notice that the cms pages, most noticably, my home page, the pop-up didnt show up. I did browse around during tests and it works on all pages, but upon returning to my home page, the popup didnt enable.

I have had several instances where the cms didnt conform to vb css especially in non-oem template changes, and other attributes, but I dont know why the difference, except sometimes when using certain mods or header template changes like my custom login box in header, that cms css had to be changed also as it wouldnt follow vb forum vb css attributes. So maybe the mod is working, but the forum or additional css attributes arent applied directly to cms header changes.

Oh yes, and I use one style for all my pages.

edit to add, I am on a 50mb fibre connection too, although my remote measured thoroughput is more around 36mb. No biggie, I understand the latency involved by going thru tor.

AURFSCAN 17 Aug 2013 00:35

Works great (0.6.5)

cheers

TheInsaneManiac 17 Aug 2013 17:18

1.0 released along with a Product and Services page being created for the Pro version and those wanting to donate.

-Updates
Enable/Disable
Automatic template edits Enable/Disable
Font color of messages
Index only option [PRO]

-Bugs
Fixed cache issue in tor.php
Fixed online location still showing unknown for redirects


Quote:

Originally Posted by smirkley (Post 2439175)
I just notice that the cms pages, most noticably, my home page, the pop-up didnt show up. I did browse around during tests and it works on all pages, but upon returning to my home page, the popup didnt enable.

I have had several instances where the cms didnt conform to vb css especially in non-oem template changes, and other attributes, but I dont know why the difference, except sometimes when using certain mods or header template changes like my custom login box in header, that cms css had to be changed also as it wouldnt follow vb forum vb css attributes. So maybe the mod is working, but the forum or additional css attributes arent applied directly to cms header changes.

Oh yes, and I use one style for all my pages.

edit to add, I am on a 50mb fibre connection too, although my remote measured thoroughput is more around 36mb. No biggie, I understand the latency involved by going thru tor.

I will investigate this further and implement a fix for when I release the 3.8 version. I've had a lot of requests for 3.8 so I'm trying to patch some bugs and have someone testing it out, once confirmed everything works I will patch the CMS issue.

That's strange that it loads fast for me, maybe I am closer to the provider which may give me a better ping?


Quote:

Originally Posted by AURFSCAN (Post 2439265)
Works great (0.6.5)

cheers

Thanks man!

rhody401 20 Aug 2013 19:15

With version 1.0, I am experiencing some odd behavior. I have temporary disabled it, until you can evaluate the cause. The issue is directly tied in with this mod, and I can duplicate it enabling/disabling the mod.

Quote:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/accountname/public_html/includes/functions_online.php(1244) : eval()'d code on line 13
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/accountname/public_html/includes/functions_online.php(1244) : eval()'d code on line 13



Guest 02:45 PM Viewing Error Message /showthread.php/image.php?u=4&amp;dateline=1328806152 Unknown Location
/showthread.php/image.php?u=4&dateline=1328806152
69.171.247.119

Guest 02:45 PM Viewing Error Message /showthread.php/image.php?u=4&amp;dateline=1328806152 Unknown Location
/showthread.php/image.php?u=4&dateline=1328806152
69.171.247.115
With one person viewing that broken link, I get the error once. With three sessions viewing it (even if one of them is me, a real account), I will see it three times across the top of the forum. This happens only in the whos online screen, btw.

I hope this is helpful, to help diagnose the cause.
Thanks again
M

PS: I also have vb bad behavior going, if that could somehow be in conflict. (I guess theyre somewhat similar) I am using ADVANCED FRIENDLY URL's, with paths changed somewhat in the htaccess, if that could be another factor.

TheInsaneManiac 20 Aug 2013 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhody401 (Post 2439964)
With version 1.0, I am experiencing some odd behavior. I have temporary disabled it, until you can evaluate the cause. The issue is directly tied in with this mod, and I can duplicate it enabling/disabling the mod.



With one person viewing that broken link, I get the error once. With three sessions viewing it (even if one of them is me, a real account), I will see it three times across the top of the forum. This happens only in the whos online screen, btw.

I hope this is helpful, to help diagnose the cause.
Thanks again
M

PS: I also have vb bad behavior going, if that could somehow be in conflict. (I guess theyre somewhat similar) I am using ADVANCED FRIENDLY URL's, with paths changed somewhat in the htaccess, if that could be another factor.

This issue has been resolved in v1.1. Please uninstall the previous version and install the new version.

rhody401 20 Aug 2013 23:07

Great. Thanks for such a speedy reply! I'll do this right now.

rhody401 20 Aug 2013 23:23

I'm not sure that the email feature works, but everything else seems in order!

Thanks again

Set3sh 21 Aug 2013 05:37

Bought the pro edition. :D
My question is: what happens when my number of file downloads is exceeded and there is an update?

TheInsaneManiac 21 Aug 2013 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhody401 (Post 2440006)
I'm not sure that the email feature works, but everything else seems in order!

Thanks again

Sorry the email is a pro feature. As I build up the pro I will look into having some options come to the free version, with the next update I believe I will be bringing the index only feature to the free version.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Set3sh (Post 2440055)
Bought the pro edition. :D
My question is: what happens when my number of file downloads is exceeded and there is an update?

Thank you. Anytime an update is released I send out an email through the website as I would through vBulletin. When this happens the downloads are reset back to 5.

Set3sh 21 Aug 2013 08:17

Great :D

rhody401 21 Aug 2013 10:48

Pro version it is then.

Emails work now.

Suggestion: Do you think maybe more could be included in the emails for a future version, such as the IP/hostmask they used, or maybe even the detectable fields that identify the browser, operating system, etc?

Thanks

Disco_Dave 21 Aug 2013 11:13

does this mod work with PaulM's mod? http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231873

rhody401 21 Aug 2013 13:08

With everything turned on and pro version, i'm getting some false positives.

For example:

68.42.191.69 (c-68-42-191-69.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)

Does this mean that comcast is on a blacklist somewhere?

Thanks

rhody401 21 Aug 2013 13:54

Actually its catching several ISPs and I turned off LAN and PROXY detection for now, and only left TOR on.

Resolved 184.13.204.160 to 184-13-204-160.dr02.csvl.tn.frontiernet.net

Resolved 118.209.17.156 to ppp118-209-17-156.lns20.mel4.internode.on.net

Also caught.

TheInsaneManiac 21 Aug 2013 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhody401 (Post 2440085)
Pro version it is then.

Emails work now.

Suggestion: Do you think maybe more could be included in the emails for a future version, such as the IP/hostmask they used, or maybe even the detectable fields that identify the browser, operating system, etc?

Thanks

I could see that being part of the pro version yes. I am working on some new features for both the free and pro version that I was going to release today, but I'll see if I can work that in. I have a job interview for a local coding company here in a couple hours, should return in a few and I will work on this idea.


Quote:

Originally Posted by tricksodave (Post 2440091)
does this mod work with PaulM's mod? http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231873

It does not link together to that mod, but yes you can have both installed and they will both work fine.


Quote:

Originally Posted by rhody401 (Post 2440113)
With everything turned on and pro version, i'm getting some false positives.

For example:

68.42.191.69 (c-68-42-191-69.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)

Does this mean that comcast is on a blacklist somewhere?

Thanks

My mod does not log the IP that is coming through, I will work on a whitelist of ISPs for future versions along with emailing/PMing the detected IP and ISP. As if you are checking them from the vBulletin AdminCP, the IP in the users profile is only going to show what he first registered, therefor it wouldn't be the IP he was using a proxy with. So if that is how you are retrieving the IP, then they may not be false positives. In fact some lan proxies use comcast and other hostnames. When you use a lan proxy you mask your ip and you hostname, this modification detects you hiding behind that mask.

For example a lan proxy 190.151.144.42 port 8080 is registered to cabletel:
http://www.whatismyip.com/ip-tools/i...t-name-lookup/

rhody401 21 Aug 2013 14:44

Thanks for explaining

It is still catching people, even with just TOR detection and Detect Auto Template Edits on, so im trying to turn the template one off for now. Theyre def not on tor servers. Will let ya know if it makes a difference.

Good luck with that job interview!!!

winky8300 21 Aug 2013 16:18

hello
thank you, but here not work for me (4.2.1) although I have:

1.) Disable automatic template edits in the AdminCP
2.) Navigate to the navbar template in your style
3.) Add {vb:raw toralert} to the bottom of the template

I forgot some thing to do ?
thanks

ps : when I type www.mysite.com/forum/proxy.php I have this message "You were detected using a proxy! For security reasons, we do not allow this on our community. Please disable the proxy or switch browsers if it is built in. Thank you. "

TheInsaneManiac 21 Aug 2013 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhody401 (Post 2440129)
Thanks for explaining

It is still catching people, even with just TOR detection and Detect Auto Template Edits on, so im trying to turn the template one off for now. Theyre def not on tor servers. Will let ya know if it makes a difference.

Good luck with that job interview!!!

All went well thanks. As far as the auto template, that just inserts the code into the templates for you, disabling it will disable the whole product unless you have the template code inside the navbar template: {vb:raw toralert}


Quote:

Originally Posted by winky8300 (Post 2440153)
hello
thank you, but here not work for me (4.2.1) although I have:

1.) Disable automatic template edits in the AdminCP
2.) Navigate to the navbar template in your style
3.) Add {vb:raw toralert} to the bottom of the template

I forgot some thing to do ?
thanks

ps : when I type www.mysite.com/forum/proxy.php I have this message "You were detected using a proxy! For security reasons, we do not allow this on our community. Please disable the proxy or switch browsers if it is built in. Thank you. "

If you do not wish to share your website info you can private message me, I will need access to the website to investigate the issue further with the product enabled. A few things you can check

Is the product enabled?
Is the {vb:raw toralert} code inserted into the correct style used on the board?
Does the product work with auto templates enabled?

Set3sh 22 Aug 2013 08:07

I am getting this error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/***/public_html/***/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 234.
I am using the latest 1.2 pro version.

TheInsaneManiac 22 Aug 2013 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Set3sh (Post 2440285)
I am getting this error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/***/public_html/***/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 234.
I am using the latest 1.2 pro version.

I will investigate this further and push an update to both versions. I'm currently upgrading my laptop to Windows 8, when that is finished I will push the update. I know what happened sorry about that.

rhody401 22 Aug 2013 10:35

ya i had that too. It crippled things so much I couldn't even use admin console. I had to go into config.php and disable all plugins, to regain control and disable the add-on.

I had hundreds of these in the log:
Quote:

[21-Aug-2013 15:47:15] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/acct/public_html/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 114
[21-Aug-2013 15:47:16] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/acct/public_html/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 114
[21-Aug-2013 15:47:16] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/acct/public_html/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 114
[21-Aug-2013 15:47:16] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/acct/public_html/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 114
[21-Aug-2013 15:47:17] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/acct/public_html/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 114
[21-Aug-2013 15:47:22] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/acct/public_html/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 114
I'll re-install and try the new version, when ready.

Rhody
PS: Windows 8 is a real culture shock. good luck with that one :)

TheInsaneManiac 22 Aug 2013 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhody401 (Post 2440304)
ya i had that too. It crippled things so much I couldn't even use admin console. I had to go into config.php and disable all plugins, to regain control and disable the add-on.

I had hundreds of these in the log:


I'll re-install and try the new version, when ready.

Rhody
PS: Windows 8 is a real culture shock. good luck with that one :)

I apologize for that inconvenience. I was running the same version and had the same issue, but it was not causing an issue like that. Just posted the else error at the top of my page. Anyway this has been resolved in the 1.3 version. As for Windows 8, I love it. So much faster than Windows 7. The Aero effects looked nice, but honestly always caused my computer to run slow when I did run them. Now all is well. :)

davidg 22 Aug 2013 15:30

blocking vpn to in future ?

TheInsaneManiac 22 Aug 2013 16:54

I'm not familiar with that form of proxy. Have you tested the script to see if it alerts to use of VPN? Are you referring to Virtual Private Networks? Like you don't want servers connecting?

davidg 22 Aug 2013 17:53

yes i m talking about virtual private networks actually the script dosent block VPN'S

TheInsaneManiac 22 Aug 2013 18:18

Never really had any problems with VPN's to my knowledge, but sure I will look into adding it.

davidg 22 Aug 2013 18:20

is same as tor or proxy allready blocked by your addon alot of people use them to hack or damage websites

TheInsaneManiac 22 Aug 2013 19:08

Do you have an example one I could use to see what ports or masks they use to hide their IP?

davidg 22 Aug 2013 20:01

some of them:

Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) uses IP protocol 50 for Encapsulated Security Protocol (ESP), IP protocol 51 for Authentication Header (AH), and UDP port 500 for IKE Phase 1 negotiation and Phase 2 negotiations. UDP ports 500 and 4500 are used, if NAT-T is used for IKE Phase 1 negotiation and Phase 2 negotiations

Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) uses TCP port 443 and works by using a private key to encrypt data that is transferred over the SSL connection. SSL also uses 465 Secure SMTP, 993 Secure IMAP, and 995 Secure POP.

Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) uses TCP port 1701 and is an extension of the Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol. L2TP is often used with IPSec to establish a Virtual Private Network (VPN).

Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) uses TCP port 1723 and IP port 47 Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE). PPTP provides a low-cost, private connection to a corporate network through the Internet. PPTP works well for people who work from home or travel and need to access their corporate networks. It is often used to access a Microsoft Remote Access Server (RAS).

but also 843,80 are used for vpn's

fjeans1 22 Aug 2013 20:21

will these mod support with using together with cdn like cloudflare and such , is it possible to whitelist by usergroup and userid and ip ?

TheInsaneManiac 23 Aug 2013 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidg (Post 2440411)
some of them:

Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) uses IP protocol 50 for Encapsulated Security Protocol (ESP), IP protocol 51 for Authentication Header (AH), and UDP port 500 for IKE Phase 1 negotiation and Phase 2 negotiations. UDP ports 500 and 4500 are used, if NAT-T is used for IKE Phase 1 negotiation and Phase 2 negotiations

Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) uses TCP port 443 and works by using a private key to encrypt data that is transferred over the SSL connection. SSL also uses 465 Secure SMTP, 993 Secure IMAP, and 995 Secure POP.

Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) uses TCP port 1701 and is an extension of the Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol. L2TP is often used with IPSec to establish a Virtual Private Network (VPN).

Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) uses TCP port 1723 and IP port 47 Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE). PPTP provides a low-cost, private connection to a corporate network through the Internet. PPTP works well for people who work from home or travel and need to access their corporate networks. It is often used to access a Microsoft Remote Access Server (RAS).

but also 843,80 are used for vpn's

Alright I'll look into it, but from the sound of things it's mainly used by corporations and by blocking those people, you may lose valuable members that may be legitimately at work wanting to view your website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fjeans1 (Post 2440415)
will these mod support with using together with cdn like cloudflare and such , is it possible to whitelist by usergroup and userid and ip ?

Something I am working on for future versions.

davidg 23 Aug 2013 21:13

The problem is not tor or vpn but how people use them and in this case alot of them use vpn's for atacking or hacking.Your addon is a life saver in general :-)

rhody401 24 Aug 2013 01:37

The new version seems to tell me every time that *I AM* using a proxy (well, and im not), but it doesnt email or pm as the version before it did. Maybe it's giving the red box in error?

Disabled for the time being

ForceHSS 24 Aug 2013 01:52

Dont see how this will stop someone with these tor or proxy coming to your forums and looking around there is only a small box

ozzy47 24 Aug 2013 03:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2440610)
Dont see how this will stop someone with these tor or proxy coming to your forums and looking around there is only a small box

Reading the description, seems that in the paid version, you can re direct the users, but not in the free one.

motorhaven 24 Aug 2013 04:33

For those who use VB 3.x and need some to block TOR, see: http://www.reaper-x.com/2012/05/15/h...che-and-nginx/

It's also an alternative to this plugin if blocking TOR is your only goal, it's lightweight and doesn't add the overhead of reverse lookups. Instead each hour it downloads the TOR IP list which can connect to your server's IP. I've been using this method successfully for a couple of years.

TheInsaneManiac 25 Aug 2013 03:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhaven (Post 2440635)
For those who use VB 3.x and need some to block TOR, see: http://www.reaper-x.com/2012/05/15/h...che-and-nginx/

It's also an alternative to this plugin if blocking TOR is your only goal, it's lightweight and doesn't add the overhead of reverse lookups. Instead each hour it downloads the TOR IP list which can connect to your server's IP. I've been using this method successfully for a couple of years.

There is a 3.x version:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=301377


Quote:

Originally Posted by davidg (Post 2440568)
The problem is not tor or vpn but how people use them and in this case alot of them use vpn's for atacking or hacking.Your addon is a life saver in general :-)

Glad you like my addon, thank you for your feedback. :) I do agree, in the wrong hands proxies can do some damage. I will look into the VPNs.


Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2440610)
Dont see how this will stop someone with these tor or proxy coming to your forums and looking around there is only a small box

In the AdminCP change redirection to yes, then will prevent anyone from accessing your forums.


Quote:

Originally Posted by rhody401 (Post 2440609)
The new version seems to tell me every time that *I AM* using a proxy (well, and im not), but it doesnt email or pm as the version before it did. Maybe it's giving the red box in error?

Disabled for the time being

So I can narrow down the issue as to which script is detecting you, I am sending you a debugging version to you via PM. The reason it is not PMing you, is because it uses a cookie based system to make sure it does not PM you every time it detects you. With the debug version, delete your cookies, install the new version, and refresh you inbox. Copy the message and reply to my PM on here with what it says.


Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy47 (Post 2440625)
Reading the description, seems that in the paid version, you can re direct the users, but not in the free one.

The redirecting to a blank page is a pro feature, redirecting to proxy.php is a free feature to enable in the AdminCP.

ozzy47 25 Aug 2013 10:52

Ahh cool, see even I did not fully read the description. :p

TheInsaneManiac 25 Aug 2013 13:07

1.5 has been released to give you the following features:
Block Proxy Registrations
Redirect Proxy Registrations to Blank Page [PRO]
Block Registration Even When Proxy Disabled [PRO] - This uses a cookie and when the guest is detected and blocked at registration, will continue to be blocked when this is enabled, even if the guest disables their proxy.

The registration error uses vB phrasing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy47 (Post 2440930)
Ahh cool, see even I did not fully read the description. :p

All is well. :)

Set3sh 25 Aug 2013 14:00

Great features.
Honestly am happy to be using the pro version.
Such a small fee for such features included in the pro version.

Looking forward to see a method to block vpn. :D

TheInsaneManiac 25 Aug 2013 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Set3sh (Post 2440948)
Great features.
Honestly am happy to be using the pro version.
Such a small fee for such features included in the pro version.

Looking forward to see a method to block vpn. :D

I'm happy to hear that, I know how it is for some small websites out there, and paying a large fee for every script out there doesn't seem worth it to me. I try to make all my scripts affordable, in fact they all are under a dollar. I guess I am just a budget kind of guy, I guess I just like seeing those who are actually interested, supporting something they like, and I try to make it as easy as possible to do so. Another thing that helps is that almost all the scripts I build and release I use on my own website. This one I started out with just an alert box, which is still all I use, but requests came through PM and it just got me invested in making them come true. One too many times I can count that I request something from a supported mod's developer, and it never came to be in their product, so I had to modify it myself. After years of doing this I learned I had a knack of doing it, built my first mod and after it took off, just kind of kept going.

I am researching more into the vpn, no eta on that as I would like to focus a little on some other features that have been more requested and that I have been promising for a while like permissions.

winky8300 25 Aug 2013 18:45

hello
I upgrade ver 1.5 pro version but I tried to log in proxy and to register, I logged in and registered without any problems or restrictions.
I do not know why it does not work?
hello
I upgrade ver 1.5 pro version but I tried to log in proxy and to register, I logged in and registered without any problems or restrictions.
I do not know why it does not work?
------------------------------------
ps: Mr TheInsaneManiac, my site and access are the same as the other day if you want to take a look, with my thanks

davidg 25 Aug 2013 18:47

exeption for admins maybe ? so they can use proxies for testing purposes :-)

winky8300 25 Aug 2013 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidg (Post 2441014)
exeption for admins maybe ? so they can use proxies for testing purposes :-)

hello

No, I do not use the admin account

TheInsaneManiac 26 Aug 2013 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by winky8300 (Post 2441013)
hello
I upgrade ver 1.5 pro version but I tried to log in proxy and to register, I logged in and registered without any problems or restrictions.
I do not know why it does not work?
hello
I upgrade ver 1.5 pro version but I tried to log in proxy and to register, I logged in and registered without any problems or restrictions.
I do not know why it does not work?
------------------------------------
ps: Mr TheInsaneManiac, my site and access are the same as the other day if you want to take a look, with my thanks

I tried to go to your site, but it appears to be down. If you go to the Admin CP -> Settings -> Proxy Alert, you will see the newly added option for blocking registration. It doesn't block by default.


Quote:

Originally Posted by davidg (Post 2441014)
exeption for admins maybe ? so they can use proxies for testing purposes :-)

In future versions yes, but I have not implemented permissions yet.

smirkley 26 Aug 2013 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2441155)
In future versions yes, but I have not implemented permissions yet.

Dont think is is needed, anyone can download the Tor browser for test.

madness85 26 Aug 2013 10:15

Could we have new thread on detection personally prefer this option :)

ForceHSS 26 Aug 2013 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2440900)

In the AdminCP change redirection to yes, then will prevent anyone from accessing your forums.

Thx thought that was only for the paid version. Will reinstall and try again

TheInsaneManiac 26 Aug 2013 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by smirkley (Post 2441160)
Dont think is is needed, anyone can download the Tor browser for test.

I just mean for permissions, if I make it for Admins being left out, then you can't really run a test, but if there is a field in the AdminCP, then you can add those you dont want and when you need to test, remove those you want.


Quote:

Originally Posted by madness85 (Post 2441185)
Could we have new thread on detection personally prefer this option :)

Yes I can arrange this.


Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2441214)
Thx thought that was only for the paid version. Will reinstall and try again

No problem, sorry for the confusion.

ForceHSS 26 Aug 2013 16:01

1 Attachment(s)
Got the pro version but one of the settings seems to be blank can you fix this and pm me a link to the new one

TheInsaneManiac 26 Aug 2013 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2441237)
Got the pro version but one of the settings seems to be blank can you fix this and pm me a link to the new one

Oh sorry about that. Yea it's fixed in the new version, I still have another few kinks to work out and I will be releasing the updated version. Should be sometime tonight when I get off or tomorrow as I am off the whole day. That setting is so that anyone who was blocked from registration will have a cookie and will continue to be blocked regardless if they have disabled their proxy or not. So if you want them to be able to register after they disable their proxy, then leave it at no.

ForceHSS 26 Aug 2013 18:27

thx that fixed it and also one other problem as well if looking from ipad puffin browser

CharlieDelta 27 Aug 2013 00:44

I am liking what I am seeing so far. Great job.
Do you think there will be any problems using it with this mod, http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...t=registration

TheInsaneManiac 27 Aug 2013 05:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2441264)
thx that fixed it and also one other problem as well if looking from ipad puffin browser

What problem?


Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieDelta (Post 2441331)
I am liking what I am seeing so far. Great job.
Do you think there will be any problems using it with this mod, http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...t=registration

It will work fine, it just hooks into the plugin and not any templates for registration.

ForceHSS 27 Aug 2013 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2441374)
What problem?

Not a problem now as the new update fix the problem i was getting with puffin browser for the ipad

TheInsaneManiac 27 Aug 2013 20:14

Oh sweet!

ForceHSS 27 Aug 2013 21:20

But it does say the puffin browser is using a proxy so cant use it to log into my forums now pity as i used it all the time

TheInsaneManiac 28 Aug 2013 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2441508)
But it does say the puffin browser is using a proxy so cant use it to log into my forums now pity as i used it all the time



Puffin browser uses port 80 and 443, the script scans common ports for proxies and generally browsers use ports in the high numbers. So it could be throwing a false positive. I'm not familiar with the puffin browser, if it runs on port 80 it has to be running some type of server feed from another server, is this one of those browsers that cache information on their servers and then feed it back to you as the client? If so this can cause false positives from my modification.

ForceHSS 28 Aug 2013 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2441574)
Puffin browser uses port 80 and 443, the script scans common ports for proxies and generally browsers use ports in the high numbers. So it could be throwing a false positive. I'm not familiar with the puffin browser, if it runs on port 80 it has to be running some type of server feed from another server, is this one of those browsers that cache information on their servers and then feed it back to you as the client? If so this can cause false positives from my modification.

Have no idea if it does that i use it because it uses flash and not many for ipad do

TheInsaneManiac 28 Aug 2013 22:55

Ok, I'm working on a whitelisting feature. Should be finished with it soon.

bzcomputers 28 Aug 2013 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2441584)
Have no idea if it does that i use it because it uses flash and not many for ipad do

That's how your are able to run flash on iOS devices with Puffin. It actually runs the flash on a Puffin Server and then feeds the results back to you. Puffin is a proxy browser.

TheInsaneManiac 30 Aug 2013 06:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzcomputers (Post 2441750)
That's how your are able to run flash on iOS devices with Puffin. It actually runs the flash on a Puffin Server and then feeds the results back to you. Puffin is a proxy browser.

Yip, so you can choose to white list the Puffin browser, but that's an anonymous browser, so it doesn't give a true ip referral. So... even if I didn't do a whitelist for allowing Puffin browser, there wouldn't be a way to white list your ip or black list those abusers as it does not give a true ip.

I'm may just work on changing the web proxy script since it does seem to be a little delayed as it has to port scan. Given it does dig deeper, but it can give false positives. I will prolly do a check for headers instead for web proxies. Since that's what most common proxies use.

EliasAlucard 01 Sep 2013 15:16

Excellent plugin, marked as installed, rated excellent, nominated plugin of the month and bought the pro version. Keep up the good work!

ForceHSS 01 Sep 2013 20:25

Seems to be blocking Google AdSense Spider we need a option to add a host or ip or both to the allowed list

megabink 02 Sep 2013 06:37

Seems like a very useful mod but from what i have read here i will wait until it's 100% working and then buy the pro version.
Thanks anyway.

Bubble #5 02 Sep 2013 18:05

I was interested in buying the Pro version, but when I went to the site it didn't mention if it was compatible with 4.2.1. Does anyone know if it is?

This is a break hack, would like to support the coder for his/her efforts.

ForceHSS 02 Sep 2013 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubble #5 (Post 2442595)
I was interested in buying the Pro version, but when I went to the site it didn't mention if it was compatible with 4.2.1. Does anyone know if it is?

This is a break hack, would like to support the coder for his/her efforts.

It tells you on the op page that it is for vb version 4.x.x i use it on 4.2.1 myself

Bubble #5 02 Sep 2013 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2442598)
It tells you on the op page thst it is for vb version 4.x.x i use it on 4.2.1 myself

OK thanks. Just for the record I've used other hacks that said 4.x and weren't 4.2.1 compliant because they weren't fully updated. Just was looking for some clarification that's all :up:

Does anyone know if this hack would help any for those using "Airplane Mode" from a smartphone? That's what they use to create new profiles despite being IP banned.

TheInsaneManiac 03 Sep 2013 04:59

Just a quick update you all, one of the raid drives died on my server, so it's been down the last couple days, so I haven't had time to work on/test any of the new features. I am working on some new ones now, that I believe you all will enjoy. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by megabink (Post 2442481)
Seems like a very useful mod but from what i have read here i will wait until it's 100% working and then buy the pro version.
Thanks anyway.

Everything works, it's just a matter of adding more features, which I am constantly doing. Once the product is where I want to be, (which won't be for awhile, I feel like I am never fully finished with this product) the pricing of the pro won't remain the same, just a heads up.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubble #5 (Post 2442628)
OK thanks. Just for the record I've used other hacks that said 4.x and weren't 4.2.1 compliant because they weren't fully updated. Just was looking for some clarification that's all :up:

Does anyone know if this hack would help any for those using "Airplane Mode" from a smartphone? That's what they use to create new profiles despite being IP banned.

Airplane mode does not allow you to have access to the internet. I am confused by this question.

megabink 03 Sep 2013 06:38

@TheInsaneManiac

Thanks for the heads up buddy,i will consider to buy the pro version today.

Bubble #5 03 Sep 2013 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2442756)
Airplane mode does not allow you to have access to the internet. I am confused by this question.

If you turn the mode on and then off you will have internet access, only with a new IP. So you block someone, they switch the mode on/off, and then they log back into your site. I read about a book on ebay that teaches hackers how to avoid proxy mods like this one. It specifically goes over topics like "IP Address Q&A Proxies, AOL, VPN, Broadband IP Tracking". I won't post a link here to it, but I can send you a PM with the link if you need to learn more. From what I understand, using airplane mode is usually one of the tricks to get around a hack like this. I was hoping that this hack was smarter than the author of that book :)

BTW, I went pro today :up: Great work!

TheInsaneManiac 03 Sep 2013 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by megabink (Post 2442765)
@TheInsaneManiac

Thanks for the heads up buddy,i will consider to buy the pro version today.

Thanks I appreciate all support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubble #5 (Post 2442768)
If you turn the mode on and then off you will have internet access, only with a new IP. So you block someone, they switch the mode on/off, and then they log back into your site. I read about a book on ebay that teaches hackers how to avoid proxy mods like this one. It specifically goes over topics like "IP Address Q&A Proxies, AOL, VPN, Broadband IP Tracking". I won't post a link here to it, but I can send you a PM with the link if you need to learn more. From what I understand, using airplane mode is usually one of the tricks to get around a hack like this. I was hoping that this hack was smarter than the author of that book :)

BTW, I went pro today :up: Great work!

I tried this and my ip remains the same. Is this only for certain carriers?

Thanks for the feedback, all is appreciated. :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.