vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324885

Video Club (YouTUBE, Vimeo, DailyMotion etc)
by paradoxG(r)eek
05 Apr 2017 15:56

9 Attachment(s)
Since 2006 I was serving community members with my Free Mods
But as this site will starts operating by the company,
I'm no willing to support them

** File Removed **

Video Club

Fetch Videos from many Providers with URL
since ver. 1.2.0 you can also embed any valid video code

Things to know !!!
  • If your site is SSL and you try to show a video from a non SSL site, video should not works.
  • If you can't show YouTUBE videos, most probably your API key is wrong. Be sure that you've setup correct the API key and it is ver. 3. Here is a good tutorial.
  • If you see strange characters in the text, the problem is character encoding. Even in English, if you're using iso-8859-1 but the video provider uses UTF-8 should have some problems. But you can edit the text, so not so important issue.

Demo Installation
demouser1 / demopass1
demouser2 / demopass2
demouser3 / demopass3
PS: In my demo I've setup Disqus as commenting system. But it's up to you to setup Threads instead.

1.- What's this?

Video Club is a Video Gallery mod for your community. It's easy to use and has a nice interface. User just needs to enter a link to the video and set a category. All others done automatically. For comments supports Thread per video but also the well known Disqus external commenting system. I strongly recommend you to use Disqus as it's very social and soon you'll see an increment amount of pageviews.

2.- Video Providers (Websites)
  • 5min.com
  • Blip.tv
  • Break.com
  • Collegehumor.com
  • Dailymotion.com
  • Funnyordie.com
  • Gametrailers.com
  • Hulu.com
  • Justin.tv
  • Metacafe.com
  • MySpace.com
  • Ustream.tv
  • Veoh.com
  • Vimeo.com
  • Screen.Yahoo.com
  • YouTUBE.com
  • ver. 1.2.0 NEW!! Now you can add manual any video code your want
3.- Comments

Not only one but 3 types for comments (plus an option to not use comments)
  • Thread
  • Disqus
  • Ajax comments
4. Installation
  1. Upload all files from upload folder to the folder where your vBulletin 4.2 is installed
  2. CMOD 777 the directories
    1. videoclub/thumbs
    2. videoclub/thumbs/tmp
  3. Login to your admincp and import the file product-videoclub.xml
  4. Set Usergroup permissions
  5. Set General Options according to your needs
    1. ** MOST IMPORTANT SETTINGS **
    2. Get a YouTUBE API key from https://console.developers.google.co...is/credentials
    3. Decide if you'll use Threads for comments or Disqus. If you'll use Disqus set your site at: https://disqus.com/admin/create/
    4. Set Server Path to Uploads !!!
  6. If you want modify PM templates but don't touch anything between {}
  7. Set the Categories
5.- PRO Version

After many years I decided to use PRO version not as a way not to earn money (I don't expect to have more than 10 sales), but rather to find a way to pay for some commercial scripts that I want to use in the PRO version (Distribution License). The follow features will be in the PRO version:
  • Extra Providers
    • Facebook
    • LiveLeak.com
    • OpenLoadMovies.com
  • Videoplayer with support for prevideo ads
  • Better carousel for latest videos at top
  • Video search in multiple providers
  • Many notifications
  • Brand free

elsa23 06 Apr 2017 05:36

Hi,
Is it possible to add custom video like this site ? personal site with jwplayer
http://video.forum-elodiefrege.com/p...572903d16.html

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 06:59

Hello,

There was a database error in view video page coming from the old commenting system code.
Please download ver. 1.0.1 and just upload video.php

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 07:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsa23 (Post 2584811)
Hi,
Is it possible to add custom video like this site ? personal site with jwplayer
http://video.forum-elodiefrege.com/p...572903d16.html

As long as it gives embed code technically it can be done. Just need code addition like I'll do for Facebook and some other sites.

Another possibility is to add video manually. In this case you'll add all data (Title, Description etc) on your own. Same for thumbnail.

Maybe I'll add this feature in the PRO version along with the possibility to upload videos.

mitch84 06 Apr 2017 11:27

hi, everytimes I want add 1 link I have this:
Quote:

Photo Upload Error
my chmod are ok but i use ispconfig 3.1, so I think it's a problem with my path from root, who is like that
Quote:

/var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/videoclub/thumbs
and if i use
Quote:

/var/www/web/videoclub/thumbs
same message, and i don't know how fixed that, thx

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 11:37

I get the same error. I think chmod and path is correct.

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 11:39

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 2584833)
hi, everytimes I want add 1 link I have this:

my chmod are ok but i use ispconfig 3.1, so I think it's a problem with my path from root, who is like that
and if i use same message, and i don't know how fixed that, thx

Upload the attached file to your /thumbs/ directory and then access it from your browser. It will shows the path.
eg try my path by accessing the link below.
https://www.cmsbulletin.com/demo/vb4.../forumpath.php

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584835)
Upload the attached file to your /thumbs/ directory and then access it from your browser. It will shows the path.
eg try my path by accessing the link below.
https://www.cmsbulletin.com/demo/vb4.../forumpath.php

Thank you!
Unfortunately the entered path is correct. I do not have an idea.:confused:

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 11:56

1. Be sure that there is no ending slash in your settings path
  2. If not tonight, tomorrow morning I'll release an update allowing the user to upload it's own thumbnail, even if it will not solves the problem.
  3. But even without thumbnail the video is saving. Right?

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584841)
  1. Be sure that there is no ending slash in your settings path
  2. If not tonight, tomorrow morning I'll release an update allowing the user to upload it's own thumbnail, even if it will not solves the problem.
  3. But even without thumbnail the video is saving. Right?

No, the video ist NOT saving!

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 11:59

allow_url_fopen is ON?

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 12:02

Also, can you post the error message that you're getting?

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 12:06

1 Attachment(s)
I check "allow_url_fopen".

Error message at attachments below.

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 12:10

Yes, according to php info, "allow_url_fopen" is on.

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillylissy (Post 2584845)
I check "allow_url_fopen".

Error message at attachments below.

This has nothing todo with the copy thumbnail proccess. One of the follow happen (most probably the second):
  1. URL left empty
  2. Video provider is not supported or video is private or video does not exists.
First I thougt that you were getting errors when you were trying to save the video. But have been mistaken. The error is before seeing the data on the screen.

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 12:15

I have check the same video-url on your site Christos. It works perfect!

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 12:17

Can you give a try in my demo https://www.cmsbulletin.com/demo/vb42/video.php
demouser1 / demopass1

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 12:18

...lol..... We wrote at the same time :)
Then please give me the video link, to see what can be wrong.

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 12:19

https://www.cmsbulletin.com/demo/vb4...iewvideo&id=13

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 12:21

As I can see is YouTUBE. Have you set correctly the YouTUBE API3 key?

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 12:22

In vBulletin-AdminCP? Yes I think so.

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 12:24

Probably the problem does not come from your Addon. Strangely. Perhaps another Addon of my page transmits between them?

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillylissy (Post 2584854)
Probably the problem does not come from your Addon. Strangely. Perhaps another Addon of my page transmits between them?

...hmm....... Have no idea..... But is possible a conflist especially if you've lots of plugins. If you can turn them temporary off and try again.

But to be honest, I think that most probably comes from YouTUBE API key. Have seen so many settings at Google console. Finally I had to remove all restrictions to be sure that it will works.

Try with another provider (eg Vimeo). If it works then is YouTUBE API problem. If it does not works then most probably is a conflist with another plugin.

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 12:29

Ok, thank you Christos!

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 12:31

You are right! Vimeo runs! :)

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillylissy (Post 2584857)
You are right! Vimeo runs! :)

Then check the API. Common mistakes:
  • Mistype
  • Use the same key in multiple domains while you've restrict it to one domain
  • Mistype domain name in Google console
Greetings to Stuttgart :) Nice city (at least the period 1980-1985 when I was visiting it).

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584858)
Greetings to Stuttgart :) Nice city (at least the period 1980-1985 when I was visiting it).

:up:;)

mitch84 06 Apr 2017 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillylissy (Post 2584836)
Thank you!
Unfortunately the entered path is correct. I do not have an idea.:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillylissy (Post 2584842)
No, the video ist NOT saving!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillylissy (Post 2584846)
Yes, according to php info, "allow_url_fopen" is on.

exactly same problem for me, and my path is correct too, thx

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 2584873)
exactly same problem for me, and my path is correct too, thx

Yes, but as you maybe read, the reason in that case was error (mistype or misconfigured) YouTUBE API key. While the Vimeo test worked means that the script works and there is no conflist with any other mod.

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 16:04

Your error is that:
  1. Does not fetches the Video data (getting error) ....or.......
  2. Displays the data but don't saves them?

BadgerDog 06 Apr 2017 16:13

Downloaded with thanks for testing .. :)

Couldn't get the other add-on mod vBTube working as it doesn't support HTTPS sites...

Will let you know how this one works with our v4.13 version of vBulletin...

Regards,
Doug

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584878)
Will let you know how this one works with our v4.13 version of vBulletin...
Regards,
Doug

Hello Doug,

If I remember well vB supports Navigation Manager from 4.1.7 and then. So if you're running 4.1.3 you must add the menu on your own. Please note that you must set restrictions:
videoclub_access for main menu tab, and videoclub_post for access to "My Videos" menu.

Don't worry for https. If you see my demo runs in ssl. There is a setting that you must turn on (Video Club-> Options): Site SSL

Chris

BadgerDog 06 Apr 2017 16:51

Well, for those that often find add-ons that are marked for 4.2 actually work fine in 4.1, especially when they're not indicated that way here as a possibility, once you download and see the readme.txt file... it says:

2.2 vBulletin version 4.2 (minimum)

So, it might be a good idea for the developer to put that on this page and save some people a lot of time.... ;)

Uninstalled with thanks...

Regards,
Doug

BadgerDog 06 Apr 2017 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584879)
Hello Doug,

If I remember well vB supports Navigation Manager from 4.1.7 and then. So if you're running 4.1.3 you must add the menu on your own. Please note that you must set restrictions:
videoclub_access for main menu tab, and videoclub_post for access to "My Videos" menu.

Don't worry for https. If you see my demo runs in ssl. There is a setting that you must turn on (Video Club-> Options): Site SSL

Chris

Chris.... you are correct and I knew that ... thanks .. :)

I was just going to manually add my own TAB, but because your dependencies in your XML file block importing it at all, it's an academic exercise .. ;)

Also, your text encoding is a strange format and my Western text edit attempt to change that so I could alter the dependency wouldn't work either. It kept trying to reformat the encoding on "save" and I end up with an HTML error on line 9 importing after changing it to 4.1.3.

Thanks anyway ... I was hoping to get this working, then go to PRO version, as I thought my retired veterans site would enjoy it...

Regards,
Doug

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 17:03

1 Attachment(s)
Try with this file. I've removed the <navigation> sections and as long I'm not using vB editor I can set minimum version 4.1.

BadgerDog 06 Apr 2017 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584882)
Try with this file. I've removed the <navigation> sections and as long I'm not using vB editor I can set minimum version 4.1.

Will do... thanks .. :)

I have to re-install all the files again, so I'll try to do that this afternoon, test and get back to you ..

Appreciate your efforts .. :up:

Regards,
Doug

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584881)
Also, your text encoding is a strange format and my Western text edit attempt to change that so I could alter the dependency wouldn't work either. It kept trying to reformat the encoding on "save" and I end up with an HTML error on line 9 importing after changing it to 4.1.3.

Regards,
Doug

Text encoding is not an issue of my mod (or any mod) but rather is a problem of Video providers. I had the standard ISO-8859-1 that comes with vB for English but as some YouTUBE videos were showing strange characters I changed vB Language Settings for English to UTF-8. Now it works fine.

But in the next update (maybe tomorrow), I'll go one step ahead and I'll give to users the ability to change the auto fetched data with their own. Also they can change the thumbnail.

BadgerDog 06 Apr 2017 17:20

1 Attachment(s)
Ok...

I have it running by using https://xxx.com/video.php, although I haven't tried to add a video yet.

You have a spelling mistake in usergroups.. "videow"... (see attached)

I assume the YouTube code you want put in looks something like this?

youtube-1234567

Regards,
Doug

Edit: Ok, tried a YouTube video and get a photo upload error with this link..

https://youtu.be/2FZv6NCIRcU
Second Edit: Checked path using your forumpath.php check program and it's correct .. also tried a Vimeo vidoe and same "Photo Upload Error" ..

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 17:35

You add the FULL url and not just id. eg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPp3FVUtdTo&t=16s

Then click "Fetch Video". If in the next page you'll get the correct data then click Save.

If you get error please check the same link in my demo. This way I can debug it easier.

BadgerDog 06 Apr 2017 17:39

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584890)
You add the FULL url and not just id. eg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPp3FVUtdTo&t=16s

Then click "Fetch Video". If in the next page you'll get the correct data then click Save.

If you get error please check the same link in my demo. This way I can debug it easier.

Here's the full link for the original video example I used..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FZv6NCIRcU

Regards,
Doug

Edit: See attached pic which shows the error when I paste any YouTube or Vimeo link into the field and click submit ..

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584892)
Here's the full link for the original video example I used..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FZv6NCIRcU

Regards,
Doug

Edit: See attached pic which shows the error when I paste any YouTube or Vimeo link into the field and click submit ..

https://www.cmsbulletin.com/demo/vb4...iewvideo&id=14

As you can see in my installation it works. Only thumbnail is missing as it's an old video. That's why in the next release I'll give to user the ability to upload a thumbnail if it does not exists (or if they don't like the default).

So there is an error in your side. Are you sure that your YouTUBE Api key is correct?

BadgerDog 06 Apr 2017 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584893)
[url]

So there is an error in your side. Are you sure that your YouTUBE Api key is correct?

I put the following API in which is what I was assigned... (note .. I altered the numbers for security)

youtube-1234567

Edit: For clarity, it's not the really LONG bunch of at least 20-30 numbers/characters string they refer to as the KEY. Correct? It's just the smaller string like youtube-1234567... yes?

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 17:57

Can't understand if a key is valid or not. In anycase try this key below and let me know.
AIzaSyAQRBt4yPO3NoKeIFQwrgqiZUP-vhTeg3g

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 18:01

Yes, actually this API-Key works!

BadgerDog 06 Apr 2017 18:06

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584895)
Can't understand if a key is valid or not. In anycase try this key below and let me know.
AIzaSyAQRBt4yPO3NoKeIFQwrgqiZUP-vhTeg3g

That API key also works for me! :eek:

Yet, the same long string like that they assigned to me doesn't work .. :confused:

I get a "Photo Upload" error using the one they assigned me?

Regards,
Doug

Edit: Although I get NO thumnails? (see attached).. directories are set to 777

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillylissy (Post 2584896)
Yes, actually this API-Key works!

Then you've set wrong API key data. Here is a useful tutorial on how to obtain a YouTUBE API3 key:
https://www.slickremix.com/docs/get-...y-for-youtube/

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584897)
Edit: Although I get NO thumnails? (see attached).. directories are set to 777

When you're fetching data (before submit for save), thumbnail appears ok at the bottom of the form? If yes, then the script can't copy the thumbnail from YouTUBE to your site. One of the follow exists:
1.- Path is not correct
2.- /thumbs/ and thumbs/tmp/ (both or one of 2) has not permission to write. Some servers don't need 777. They work fine with 755. So try with 755

BadgerDog 06 Apr 2017 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584900)
When you're fetching data (before submit for save), thumbnail appears ok at the bottom of the form? If yes, then the script can't copy the thumbnail from YouTUBE to your site. One of the follow exists:
1.- Path is not correct
2.- /thumbs/ and thumbs/tmp/ (both or one of 2) has not permission to write. Some servers don't need 777. They work fine with 755. So try with 755

1. Path is what your forumpath.php program returned..

Set to /var/www/html/mywebsite/videoclub/thumbs

2. Tried \thumbs and \thumbs\tmp at both 777 and 755....

Still no thumbnails... I also notice that I imported only one video and I have two blank thumbnails showing, saying "no preview" ..

BadgerDog 06 Apr 2017 18:35

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584900)
1.- Path is not correct

"If yes, then the script can't copy the thumbnail from YouTUBE to your site"...

Thumbnail DOES NOT appear at that point ... (see attached)

Also, I got my API Key by following your link in the main instruction set at top of page here..

Regards,
Doug

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 18:36

Can you give me your installation url and a demo user account with permissions to post video?

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584903)
Also, I got my API Key by following your link in the main instruction set at top of page here..

This is normal for old videos. They have only a small (default) thumbnail. The mod is trying to get the high quality thumb and if does not exists then tries for medium quality. Then it stops. Maybe I'll extend it to get the default, if nothing else exists, but this will be very low quality.

BadgerDog 06 Apr 2017 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584904)
Can you give me your installation url and a demo user account with permissions to post video?

I haven't got lot of time right now .. have to go to a meeting... :(

However, tomorrow I will send you a PM (email) with complete access at admin level for you to have a look and experiment.. :up:

Thanks for your help... much appreciated... :)

Regards,
Doug

ps: I think I have my own KEY working now after going to a separate area on Google and ENABLING it for YouTube...

I still get "Photo Upload" error when trying Vimeo though...

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584906)

I'll check everything tomorrow. Don't worry. As for the PRO version that you mentioned before is not ready and don't know if I'll ever release such version. Maybe I'll add some more features in this version.

paradoxG(r)eek 06 Apr 2017 19:12

@lillylissy @mitch84

Your issues solved?

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 19:14

My Google-API dos not work. Somewhere I have an error during the code creation.

lillylissy 06 Apr 2017 19:22

1 Attachment(s)
I will play tomorrow thereby. There I have somewhat more time.

Edit: Now YouTube-API works!!;)

paradoxG(r)eek 07 Apr 2017 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by lillylissy (Post 2584911)
Edit: Now YouTube-API works!!;)

Forgot to say something important. There is a hidden notice at Google console where you've setup the API key. You know that notices with small letters which nobody reads :) . API key needs some hours to be activated.

paradoxG(r)eek 07 Apr 2017 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584906)
ps: I think I have my own KEY working now after going to a separate area on Google and ENABLING it for YouTube...

Everything works now in your site Doug. Enjoy it :)

ver. 1.0.2 available for download
by paradoxG(r)eek
07 Apr 2017 10:28

Hello,

Video Club ver. 1.0.2 released with:

1.- Fixes a bug (database error) when user tries to delete a video

2.- Modifies a phrase Video Upload Error with the correct Unable to Fetch Video. This caused confuses as many users thought that the error was on upload while it was on fetch data procedure.

3.- Added ability to user to edit Title, Slug, Text, Keywords, Thumbnail. First 4 as some providers are giving data in different character code which causes strange characters to appear, and thumbnail because in some old videos there is not thumbnail at all (in good quality), or just because some members may want to use another thumbnail.

To upgrade download ver. 1.0.2 and then upload video.php and video_usercp.php. Last import product-videoclub.xml. Don't forget to check overwrite.

Tomorrow I'll release a new upgrade with some SEO improvements and some design fixes.

Thank you for using Video Club
Chris

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 10:42

Thanks Chris ... upgraded to 1.0.2 ...

The delete function is now causing another "fatal error"...

For privacy, I've sent it to you in PM...

Also, it would be nice if the "blue" type colours you're using were simply BLACK, which would make the appearance better in custom styles...

Regards,
Doug

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 10:51

1 Attachment(s)
Follow up... :)

I was able to delete videos you added when you were testing without a problem...

The delete problem and crashing error happens with that very first video that DOES NOT have a thumbnail associated with it and says "Preview Not Available"

Also note (see attached pic) that there's only two videos in my Video Club, but it's showing three thumbnail pics, two of which are associated with just one video, the one that won't delete?

Hope this helps you track down the bug...

Regards,
Doug

paradoxG(r)eek 07 Apr 2017 10:58

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584945)
Follow up... :)

I was able to delete videos you added when you were testing without a problem...

There is missing a vb library file there so upload the attached files for sure.

Quote:

The delete problem and crashing error happens with that very first video that DOES NOT have a thumbnail associated with it and says "Preview Not Available"

I don't think that this is the case, but I also did some changes at that place.

Quote:

Also note (see attached pic) that there's only two videos in my Video Club, but it's showing three thumbnail pics, two of which are associated with just one video, the one that won't delete?

That's the problem with the Free sliders :) .... It's a bug of the slider when the amount of slides are less than 4. If they're more than 4 then everything is ok. I'll give a look to find a better one.

Quote:

Hope this helps you track down the bug...

Regards,
Doug

Thank you

ver. 1.0.3 available for download
by paradoxG(r)eek
07 Apr 2017 11:06

There was a bug if you tried to delete a video with thread commenting system. Please download ver. 1.0.3 and upload video.php and video_usercp.php

Also if you deleted any video with "No Preview Available" you must upload again the file:
videoclub/thumbs/nopreview.png

Sorry for troubles
Chris

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584947)
There was a bug if you tried to delete a video with thread commenting system. Please download ver. 1.0.3 and upload video.php and video_usercp.php

Also if you deleted any video with "No Preview Available" you must upload again the file:

Sorry for troubles
Chris

Chris..

Which versions of upload video.php and video_usercp.php do you want me to upload?

The ones in the 1.0.3 or the ones in the post you left for me?

paradoxG(r)eek 07 Apr 2017 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584948)
Chris..

Which versions of upload video.php and video_usercp.php do you want me to upload?

The ones in the 1.0.3 or the ones in the post you left for me?

They are same. I post them first here and then I zipped the files for release.

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 11:28

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584947)

Sorry for troubles
Chris

No problem.. I don't mind helping you test this, as I think our members will really enjoy it once we go live.. :)

Ok, I checked and the file you refer to is (and always was) thee, so I don't think that's causing the massive error dump? (see attached)

Regards,
Doug

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584950)
They are same. I post them first here and then I zipped the files for release.

Understood.. thanks .. :)

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584952)
Understood.. thanks .. :)

Chris... should I upload ALL the files in 1.0.3, or just the two you indicate?

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 11:37

Just uploading the two replacement video.php and video_usercp.php from 1.0.3 and trying to delete that "No Preview Available" video still dumps this massive error..

Quote:

Fatal error: Existing data passed is not an array
Called set_existing in [path]/video.php on line 1105
in [path]/includes/class_dm.php on line 265
#0 vb_error_handler(256, Existing data passed is not an array
Called set_existing in /var/www/html/mywebsite/video.php on line 1105
, /var/www/html/mywebsite/includes/class_dm.php, 265, Array ([existing] => ,[line] =>
Called set_existing in /var/www/html/mywebsite/video.php on line 1105

paradoxG(r)eek 07 Apr 2017 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584954)
Just uploading the two replacement video.php and video_usercp.php from 1.0.3 and trying to delete that "No Preview Available" video still dumps this massive error..

The easy fix is to delete it from phpMyAdmin or to wait some hours. The problem is that when you post that video, something halted the procedure and it created a thread for it (maybe you had thread commenting enabled at that time).

Now is trying to delete the thread but somewhere messed. I'll also give a look if there is different code in 4.1.x for deleting threads than in 4.2.x. Because for me it works.

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584955)
The easy fix is to delete it from phpMyAdmin or to wait some hours. The problem is that when you post that video, something halted the procedure and it created a thread for it (maybe you had thread commenting enabled at that time).

Now is trying to delete the thread but somewhere messed. I'll also give a look if there is different code in 4.1.x for deleting threads than in 4.2.x. Because for me it works.

Yes, the option of comment to a thread was originally enabled by program default (shouldn't be) before I understood what it was going to do.

Once I discovered it created a thread in my HOME forum (where there's no permission to do so), I permanently deleted that with vBulletin's moderator permanent delete function as I didn't want members to be seeing it, which went fine with no errors.

I hope this hasn't corrupted my SQL database because I don't know have phpMyAdmin and I wouldn't know how to use it anyway ... how do I fix this now?

You said: "or to wait some hours." ... it's already been 24 hours so I'm not sure what I'm waiting for?

Regards,
Doug

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 12:11

Chris...

At this point, should I uninstall the whole mod and then re-install 1.0.3?

Will that fix this issue and not corrupt my SQL database?

Regards,
Doug

lillylissy 07 Apr 2017 12:36

In my site there is still another problem.

In "video_usercp" the first page is correctly displayed.
-> /video_usercp.php?do=myvideos

The following pages remain empty.
-> /video_usercp.php?do=myvideo&page=2
-> /video_usercp.php?do=myvideo&page=3

Perhaps a SEO problem?

paradoxG(r)eek 07 Apr 2017 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584956)
You said: "or to wait some hours." ... it's already been 24 hours so I'm not sure what I'm waiting for?

Regards,
Doug

Already been 24 hours???:confused: It's just a couple of hours since that post.

In anycase. If you deleted the thread on your own (and not letting the script delete it automatically) this is the error. Never do it with automatic created threads from any mod because you never know what other actions maybe let behind unfinished.

Yes, is better to uninstall and start from scratch. If you find any issue PM phpMyAdmin details to give a look.

paradoxG(r)eek 07 Apr 2017 14:52

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lillylissy (Post 2584960)
In my site there is still another problem.

In "video_usercp" the first page is correctly displayed.
-> /video_usercp.php?do=myvideos

The following pages remain empty.
-> /video_usercp.php?do=myvideo&page=2
-> /video_usercp.php?do=myvideo&page=3

Perhaps a SEO problem?

Not a SEO problem but rather eyes without coffee:rolleyes: Its myvideo& instead myvideos&

Please upload the attached file.

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584966)
Already been 24 hours???:confused: It's just a couple of hours since that post.

In anycase. If you deleted the thread on your own (and not letting the script delete it automatically) this is the error. Never do it with automatic created threads from any mod because you never know what other actions maybe let behind unfinished.

Yes, is better to uninstall and start from scratch. If you find any issue PM phpMyAdmin details to give a look.

I thought you had meant how long had it been since I had added that video with the "No Preview Available" thumbnail, which the mod it had failed to delete, creating an error. :confused:

Regardless, I have uninstalled and deleted ALL of this mod's files that were uploaded...

As I said, how do I check that my SQL database hasn't been corrupted? I don't phpMyAdmin installed, so I can't PM you anything. Is there some other way have handling this?

Regards,
Doug

About comments
by paradoxG(r)eek
07 Apr 2017 15:31

I want your opinion about commenting system. The base of this mod was Media Gallery where I was using a simple Ajax commenting system like Facebook but without replies. Just one level of comments.

In this mod I decided to use Disqus or Threads. Each has pos and cos:
  • Discus is Easy on use, well known to most surfers, and even not members can comments. A plus is that is social. Disadvantage is that comments are not host in your server.
  • Thread style comments (in my opinion) is a heavy choice. User must redirects to another page just to read and post.
As I have seen in many Video sites (eg YouTUBE), there is no real discussion there. Just post of opinions. That makes use of Threads useless.

So my question is: Do you want to add as 3nd option the old commenting system that I had in Media Gallery?

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 15:31

2 Attachment(s)
Ok... here we go again .. :)

After a complete un-install, I did a complete re-install (777 and everything) using 1.0.3 ...

I then chose a typical YouTube video we'd use for our site...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FZv6NCIRcU&spfr

I clicked import button and it read it in ok with descriptions etc., but as you can see from the attached pics, once again it didn't create a thumbnail.

I never completed the import, so my Video Club install is still in a original (no videos instlled) state...

Chris, what do you want me to do next?

Regards,
Doug

paradoxG(r)eek 07 Apr 2017 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584968)
As I said, how do I check that my SQL database hasn't been corrupted? I don't phpMyAdmin installed, so I can't PM you anything. Is there some other way have handling this?

Regards,
Doug

First of all is impossible to have corrupted the database. The worst that can happen is to let a field there. You'll understand it when you'll try to install again the mod.

PS: I believe that phpMyAdmin (or anything similar) is a must for a webmaster. Many times you'll need it.

lillylissy 07 Apr 2017 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584967)
Not a SEO problem but rather eyes without coffee:rolleyes: Its myvideo& instead myvideos&

Please upload the attached file.

Thank You! The problem is solve thereby.:up:
Where can I buy the pro Version with the carusel?
Is there a possibility of adapting the video window? Thus to reduce something?

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584970)
So my question is: Do you want to add as 3nd option the old commenting system that I had in Media Gallery?

Thanks for asking... :)

My opinion... I'd like a system that is self contained and not on some other organization's server. I'd also prefer something that doesn't use the vBulletin thread system

So, if your old commenting system from Media Gallery was standalone and handled internally by your mod alone, that would be my preference, although I'm sure you have others here who would prefer either of the current two options.

Just my two cents worth .. ;)

Regards,
Doug

paradoxG(r)eek 07 Apr 2017 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584971)
I clicked import button and it read it in ok with descriptions etc., but as you can see from the attached pics, once again it didn't create a thumbnail.

Regards,
Doug

That's why I added the option for manual upload of a photo to be used as thumbnails. Is common for old videos to not see a thumbnail. Actually they exist but they're so small and so poor quality that is not for use.

Choose a photo and upload it. Is much better than having a gray "Preview not Available"

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 15:48

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584975)
That's why I added the option for manual upload of a photo to be used as thumbnails. Is common for old videos to not see a thumbnail. Actually they exist but they're so small and so poor quality that is not for use.

Choose a photo and upload it. Is much better than having a gray "Preview not Available"

Ok, I manually added a thumbnail, which it accepted and processed the video .. (see attached)..

I then simply wanted to return to the Video Club main menu, so I clicked the TAB bar (see attached) and the screen went white... :D

Is it because that tab mistakenly points to video_usercp.php instead of video.php?

Regards,
Doug

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 16:01

2 Attachment(s)
A small cosmetic issue.... (see attached)

In order to identify our various usergroup members with a specific colour, their name field is bracketed with HTML code.

Could Video Club interpret that HTML code and show the user name in the proper site color for that member.

Second, Video Club used some odd blue pastel color for a number of test items. Could this just be set to plain black so the mod works better with all types of custom styles?

Third, even when "Prev/Next Navigation" checked as ON, it doesn't seem to work? (see attached), although the text appears, except it's not clickable?

Thanks Chris ... :up:

Regards,
Doug

paradoxG(r)eek 07 Apr 2017 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584976)
Ok, I manually added a thumbnail, which it accepted and processed the video .. (see attached)..

I then simply wanted to return to the Video Club main menu, so I clicked the TAB bar (see attached) and the screen went white... :D

Is it because that tab mistakenly points to video_usercp.php instead of video.php?

Regards,
Doug

2 links exist:
- Homepage -> video.php
- UserCP -> video_usercp.php?do=myvideos

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584983)
2 links exist:
- Homepage -> video.php
- UserCP -> video_usercp.php?do=myvideos

I understand that... :)

However, the Video Club Home Page has a link pointing to -> video_usercp.php?do=myvideos

That just ends up with a white page... (see pic in earlier post)

That link titled Video Club shown in the pic should goto -> video.php

You're already at video_usercp.php?do=myvideos when viewing that page, so why would you want to go there again... :D

I think the label for - Home - Settings - Video Club - My Videos... needs to be changed?

Regards,
Doug

ver. 1.0.4 available for download
by paradoxG(r)eek
07 Apr 2017 18:27

ver. 1.0.4 released with 2 bug fixes in video_usercp.php file:

1.- Blank page when the link video_usercp.php had no parammeter (eg ?do=myvideos)
2.- Wrong pagination links in my videos page.

To upgrade download ver. 1.0.4 and upload only the file: video_usercp.php

Thank you
Chris

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584987)
v

To upgrade download ver. 1.0.4 and upload only the file: video_usercp.php

Thanks ... :up:

We're getting there .. :)

Edit: Chris.. there's no more white page, but when people click the phrase Video Club while viewing their UserCP page of their own videos, you're still using the link https://www.mysite.com/video_usercp.php

Settings -> Video Club -> My Videos

The highlighted link should take the user back to the Video Club Home Page at video.php, not leave him at video_usercp.php

Regards,
Doug

paradoxG(r)eek 07 Apr 2017 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584988)
Thanks ... :up:

We're getting there .. :)

For design issues please give me a breath to finish features (I'm working on adding the other commenting system as 3nd option for comments) and also to fix all code bugs.

After all I can work in design issues.

paradoxG(r)eek 07 Apr 2017 18:55

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2584988)
Settings -> Video Club -> My Videos

Regards,
Doug

Upload this file

BadgerDog 07 Apr 2017 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek (Post 2584992)
Upload this file

Installed.. fixed erroneous link issue.. :)

Regards,
Doug

mitch84 08 Apr 2017 04:26

when I try upload this now:
Quote:

unable to fetch data from video provider
a idea?
thx

paradoxG(r)eek 08 Apr 2017 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 2585001)
when I try upload this now:

a idea?
thx

1.- Is the provider supported?
2.- If yes and is YouTUBE, is your API key valid?
3.- Can you try the same link in my installation?

ver. 1.1.0 available for download
by paradoxG(r)eek
08 Apr 2017 10:17

A new upgrade (ver. 1.1.0) is available for download. In this upgrade:
  1. Added as 3nd option for comments to use local, ajax comments.
  2. Fixed some bugs:
    1. Missing photo for Social Share
    2. Comment counter (N/A for Disqus)
    3. Prev/Next links
To upgrade:
  1. Download version 1.1.0
  2. Upload the files:
    1. video.php
    2. video_usercp.php
    3. videoclub/includes/functions.php
    4. videoclub/includes/functions_profile.php
  3. Import product-videoclub.xml

Thank you
Chris

mitch84 08 Apr 2017 10:37

Sorry, I uninstalled it for vtube, it work fine

BadgerDog 08 Apr 2017 10:44

1 Attachment(s)
Installed 1.1.0 with thanks for testing... :)

Working generally ok, but there's still an overflow text color bug, where the mod imposes it's dull bluish color over top of the vBulletin standard black text color used by profile and other tabs on profile. (see attached)

Again Chris, just a suggestion, but for universality of use by many different sites and styles, I'd recommend that the standard mod color for text be set to black, or a "simple" AdminCP user option be available to permit the user to do that.

Will post any other anomalies as I test the product... :up:

Thanks for your efforts .. :)

Regards,
Doug

lillylissy 08 Apr 2017 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 2585005)

Uninstalled vtube for this. It works fine too.:)

BadgerDog 08 Apr 2017 10:57

Chris...

Another issue with 1.1.0...

Just tried to add another Youtube video for the first time since updating and the site blew up with a database error .. :eek:

Quote:

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.3:

Invalid SQL:
INSERT INTO videoclub_items
SET categoryid = '2',
userid = '2',
username = 'User',
brand = 'Youtube',
title = 'Curator\'s Corner: British SMLE',
slug = 'curators-corner-british-smle',
bodytext='NRA News\' Curator\'s Corner is back at the NRA National Firearms Museum in Fairfax, VA. Philip Schreier and John Popp examine the British SMLE. Airdate: 10-6-14. nramuseums.com',
keywords = 'NRA,National Rifle Association (Membership Organization),National Firearms Museum (Museum),NRA Museum,NRA Museums,NRA News,Curator's Corner,John Popp,Philip Schreier,Phil Schreier,rifle,gun,firearm,British,SMLE,Lee-Enfield (Collectable Item)',
videocode = '<iframe width="750" height="400" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/tPS_X4Wc5ko?showinfo=0&rel=0&iv_load_policy=3&modestbranding=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>',
videothumb = '4f2129075561271b2a14d2326c0d2f3a.png',
postdate = '1491648618',
votes = '0',
views = '0',
comments = '0',
approved = '1',
hidden = '0',
reported = '0',
reporterid = '0',
reportdetails = '',
reportdate = '0';

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Corner,John Popp,Philip Schreier,Phil Schreier,rifle,gun,firearm,British,SMLE,' at line 9
Error Number : 1064
Request Date : Saturday, April 8th 2017 @ 06:50:18 AM
Error Date : Saturday, April 8th 2017 @ 06:50:18 AM
Script : http://www.mysite.com/video_usercp.php
Referrer : https://www.mysite.com/video_usercp.php?do=addnew
IP Address : 99.99.99.99
Username : User
Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
MySQL Version : 5.7.17-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

paradoxG(r)eek 08 Apr 2017 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 2585005)

A simple uninstall, is more polite. Maybe needs to add a comparization chart here? If your needs is just a YouTUBE player then you can go there. Don't compare the price.

And you know something? I coded this mod in just 3 days just because I found frustated someone to ask xx Euros for a "shell". Because (even mine) is nothing more than a shell to video providers.

But you didn't replied to my question. Have you tried the link that is not working for you in my demo installation?
https://www.cmsbulletin.com/demo/vb42/video.php
demouser1 / demopass1

@mich84 ..... I remember you many years ago, and I've supported all your questions. Am I right? Yes, I'm. So at least be polite and don't advertise in my thread other mods.

Thank you for your understanding
Christos Teriakis

paradoxG(r)eek 08 Apr 2017 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerDog (Post 2585008)
Chris...

Another issue with 1.1.0...

Just tried to add another Youtube video for the first time since updating and the site blew up with a database error .. :eek:

That's strange even if it's a common database error in posts with apostrophe. But I used the normal vB cleaner code: $title = $db->escape_string($vbulletin->GPC['title']);

Can you give me the original link to the video to test it on my own?