vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134521

Jafo232 26 Dec 2006 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley D (Post 1145368)
I am using VB 3.5.4
WordPress 2.05
VB & WP are on 2 different domains, on the same server but different databases. I have hard codded the RELATIVE file directory to VB.

As it states in the lead post in this thread, they BOTH MUST reside in the same database.

You need not be on the same domain IF, and only IF, you just want to use it as a comment bridge.

Rss problem
by gilshafir
26 Dec 2006 20:51

This is at the end of my rss file:

</rss>
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to a member function unlock_tables() on a non-object in <b>/home/mysite/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>4998</b><br />

Jafo232 26 Dec 2006 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by abcdefgary (Post 1145411)
Hmm, I'm having a hard time getting the comments to work, I don't mean sharing users, but this code right here in the readme file:



Do I need to turn the auto-integrate thing on after I insert this code? thanks.

Do not turn auto-integrate on until comments work!

Jafo232 27 Dec 2006 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by abcdefgary (Post 1145485)
no, no, no. I tested it and wrote a post, which automatically wrote that same post in my forums.

However, I want to now display how many comments there are for that thread and display the link to the thread. But I keep getting an error whenever I insert the code in the readme file in.

What error do you get?

axisoverdrive 27 Dec 2006 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jafo232 (Post 1145154)
This is not true, it does work. You must make sure you turn on the setting ""Turn Auto-Integrate" on. The WP and VB scripts MUST reside on the same domain name so they can share cookies.

If you made any edit to the standard cookie setup on Vbulletin, then perhaps you may experience issues, but otherwise you should be all set.

Hey Jafo,

Yep. both wordpress and vb are under the same domain, and share the same database. Posting comments from WP to VB works fine. The only problem is the user databases aren't shared, and the WP login link forwards to VB, despite VB not having the same user accounts as WP. Therefore, if "auto integrate" is turned on, there's no way to get into the WP Admin page anymore.

Any ideas on what may be causing hte conflict? Anything i should check?

Thanks!

axisoverdrive 27 Dec 2006 05:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by abcdefgary (Post 1145575)
<?php
}
##End Vbridge Replacement

Note, if you deactivate the vbridge plugin, you must remove this code.
?> <?php edit_post_link(__('Edit This')); ?>[/code]

and in the end, I get a Parse Error :confused:

Hey, abcefgary -- try removing the "Note, if you deactivate the vbridge plugin, you must remove this code." and see if you still get that same parse error.

SaN-DeeP 28 Dec 2006 02:14

great work Jafo gonna test this now.

axisoverdrive 28 Dec 2006 06:13

Has anyone gotten the plugin to work perfectly yet? If so, could you post a link to your functioning site?

Thanks!

Jafo232 29 Dec 2006 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by axisoverdrive (Post 1145546)
Hey Jafo,

Yep. both wordpress and vb are under the same domain, and share the same database. Posting comments from WP to VB works fine. The only problem is the user databases aren't shared, and the WP login link forwards to VB, despite VB not having the same user accounts as WP. Therefore, if "auto integrate" is turned on, there's no way to get into the WP Admin page anymore.

Any ideas on what may be causing hte conflict? Anything i should check?

Thanks!

The users must login via Vbulletin. When those users then go to the wordpress page, they should be logged in under the same username as they have in VB.

Jafo232 29 Dec 2006 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by abcdefgary (Post 1145654)
thanks! that works perfectly.

I have two more questions, though, sorry.

1.) Is there any way to "grab" the comments from the thread in vBulletin and post them in the comments.php ?
2.) Is there a "most commented post" plugin I could display in the sidebar if I use vBridge?

Thanks.

#1 - No. You either use the comment code (That you replaced in your template file) or not. If you choose not to use it, then comments will be like they always were.

#2 - I have no idea.

Daria 31 Dec 2006 04:17

Hi,

I just installed this and am having the same problem as everyone else. The posting to forums works wonderful. However, I am not able to access the wp-admin panel. It just sends me back to vbulletin.

Even when I manually type in the address to /wp-admin or /wp-login.php, I'm redirected back to vbulletin. This also happens even after I've cleared all the cookies so it doesn't seem to be a cookie issue. I think something is not redirecting correctly.

Both WP and VB are installed on the same domain and database. If anyone knows what I may be doing wrong please let me know. Thanks :)

Jafo232 31 Dec 2006 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daria (Post 1147841)
Even when I manually type in the address to /wp-admin or /wp-login.php, I'm redirected back to vbulletin. This also happens even after I've cleared all the cookies so it doesn't seem to be a cookie issue. I think something is not redirecting correctly.

Both WP and VB are installed on the same domain and database. If anyone knows what I may be doing wrong please let me know. Thanks :)

When you say you cleared cookies, did you THEN login to Vbulletin before you went back to your wp-admin pages? Did you login with the "Remember Me" ticked?

Daria 31 Dec 2006 04:25

Hi Jafo,

Yes I did log into vbulletin afterwards, however, I do not believe I had the remember me checked. I'll try that and see if it works.

Edit: Okay, tried that and it still does not allow me access to the wp admin panel.

Jafo232 31 Dec 2006 04:41

For those having issue, please let me know what version of VB and WP you are using.. And links would be nice (to your forum and WP).

Daria 31 Dec 2006 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jafo232 (Post 1147852)
For those having issue, please let me know what version of VB you are using.. And links would be nice (to your forum and WP).

I have the latest VB 3.6.4 and WP 2.0.5. My forums are located here and the wp installation is located here. I have not disabled the plugin yet so it is still running.


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:02.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.