vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=244236

Tubbietoeter 09 Jun 2010 17:24

I asked my provider to install geoip and they did.

phpinfo says
geoip extension version 1.0.7
geoip library version 1004006
geoip.custom_directory no value no value

I get errors anyway:
Warnung: geoip_record_by_name() [function.geoip-record-by-name]: Required database not available at /var/lib/GeoIP/GeoIPCity.dat. in [path]/usermap.php (Zeile 100)
Warnung: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/usermap.php (Zeile 128)
Warnung: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/usermap.php (Zeile 133)
Warnung: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/usermap.php (Zeile 152)
Warnung: geoip_record_by_name() [function.geoip-record-by-name]: Required database not available at /var/lib/GeoIP/GeoIPCity.dat. in [path]/usermap.php (Zeile 158)

am I doing something wrong?

noppid 09 Jun 2010 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tubbietoeter (Post 2051055)
I asked my provider to install geoip and they did.

phpinfo says
geoip extension version 1.0.7
geoip library version 1004006
geoip.custom_directory no value no value

I get errors anyway:
Warnung: geoip_record_by_name() [function.geoip-record-by-name]: Required database not available at /var/lib/GeoIP/GeoIPCity.dat. in [path]/usermap.php (Zeile 100)
Warnung: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/usermap.php (Zeile 128)
Warnung: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/usermap.php (Zeile 133)
Warnung: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/usermap.php (Zeile 152)
Warnung: geoip_record_by_name() [function.geoip-record-by-name]: Required database not available at /var/lib/GeoIP/GeoIPCity.dat. in [path]/usermap.php (Zeile 158)

am I doing something wrong?

They installed the default country database or provided the wrong path. You need GeoIP City.

voglermc 09 Jun 2010 18:46

Would a different version be possible to build out based on profile field information and populate with certain info in profile fields of members?

I run a MINI Cooper Club site and it would be nice to see where our members are

digitalpoint 09 Jun 2010 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by voglermc (Post 2051098)
Would a different version be possible to build out based on profile field information and populate with certain info in profile fields of members?

I run a MINI Cooper Club site and it would be nice to see where our members are

In theory you could modify it to run based on the location of the IP address they used to register, but I don't think Google Maps could handle that many pins on the map to be honest.

voglermc 09 Jun 2010 19:07

We have around 1300 members right now. I'd just like members to see they have others close by. I'm not to up to date on google's api so I don't know what it can and can't do

Diablotic 09 Jun 2010 19:50

voglermc: There is another modification that will let you create profiles and pin them on google maps. It can be found here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123148 but there is no official release for 4.0 yet :(

digitalpoint 09 Jun 2010 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by voglermc (Post 2051108)
We have around 1300 members right now. I'd just like members to see they have others close by. I'm not to up to date on google's api so I don't know what it can and can't do

If you want to make it work with registration IP addresses instead of currently online users, in the usermap.php file, change this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

to this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I haven't tested it, but I think it should work (it's still going to limit it to 5000 users/pins... anything more than that probably would cause issues for Google Maps anyway).

Obviously it's not going to show pins for spiders/guests (only registered users and admins/mods).

Tubbietoeter 09 Jun 2010 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by voglermc (Post 2051098)
Would a different version be possible to build out based on profile field information and populate with certain info in profile fields of members?

I run a MINI Cooper Club site and it would be nice to see where our members are

Aaaw dang, and I thought this was possible with this AddOn as well.
I run a Suzuki Jimny Club :D and we have the same need ... ;)

$%& I really liked the looks of this ... *grmpf*

Hope there will be a good alternative for vb4 soon!

voglermc 09 Jun 2010 21:24

Thank you both!

voglermc 10 Jun 2010 00:19

error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function geoip_record_by_name() in /home/tarheel/public_html/usermap.php on line 97

docvader 10 Jun 2010 00:29

vo, you dont have GEOIP on your server. Talk to your server host to install it.

voglermc 10 Jun 2010 00:37

Thanks

voglermc 10 Jun 2010 01:10

My host won't install on a shared server
Marked as uninstalled, wish I didn't have to

TeknoSounds 10 Jun 2010 09:08

Yeah pretty much any shared hosting doesn't allow the geoip plugin as I've been told over and over its "too resource intensive". (was looking for stats generated by awstats)
But I moved over to my own dedicated server and runs wonderfully :)

funmasti 10 Jun 2010 12:13

thanks shawn


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.