vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63919

Hidden text password protected
by VBDev
15 Apr 2004 21:26

1 Attachment(s)
Hidden text password protected

Total hack's description : http://www.vbulletindev.net/forums/h...hack&hackid=55


Support thread : http://www.vbulletindev.net/forums/showthread.php?t=174


Please click https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/ if you like this hack



With this hack, you'll be able to add in new posts a hide text protected with a password. Only members who have this password can see the hide text, others will see a box to enter the password.

- vBcodes and smilies accepted
- HTML tags removed
- The author see directly the hide text
- The author see the password displayed at the top of the box
- When a member enter the password, the entire page isn't reloaded :devious:


I can't post attachments, it was hard to attach the zip, it seems to be OK, I upload screenshots on a private FTP

VBDev 15 Apr 2004 21:34

Can't still post attachments, here are SC :

http://www.gd3n.firstream.net/author.gif

http://www.gd3n.firstream.net/non_author.gif

http://www.gd3n.firstream.net/newreply.gif

`SLVR` 15 Apr 2004 23:58

interesting

Oblivion Knight 16 Apr 2004 09:05

I believe this will probably be removed, as it appears to have similarities to the forbidden (on vB.org) "lockdown" hack.

VBDev 16 Apr 2004 15:29

Why could it be remove ?!

Mr. HillBilly 21 Apr 2004 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oblivion Knight
I believe this will probably be removed, as it appears to have similarities to the forbidden (on vB.org) "lockdown" hack.

This is nothing like the lockdown hack. The person must know the password to see the text.

Xenon 21 Apr 2004 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oblivion Knight
I believe this will probably be removed, as it appears to have similarities to the forbidden (on vB.org) "lockdown" hack.

hmm, i don't know of that forbidden hack ^^

Cyberhouse 30 Apr 2004 08:18

is it possible to restrict this to specific user groups? ex. moderators and up to admins, only these groups can use this option?

GoldnGT 30 Apr 2004 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyberhouse
is it possible to restrict this to specific user groups? ex. moderators and up to admins, only these groups can use this option?

Yeah, i'd be nice if we could only allow specific member groups to use this function.

Mike

VBDev 30 Apr 2004 17:27

Use conditional for this in newreply and newthread templates

Just add around the code to add in these templates :


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Replace X with the usergroupid you want

Please, click install if you like or use this hack ! :)

Xenon 30 Apr 2004 17:58

@VBDEv: can you try to change the img's into png and then try to upload them?

According to a vb dev, there is a bug with vb3's thumbnail function in combination with gif files and the buggy php gif abilities.
It doesn'T appear everytime, but it seems it happens on your tries..

Cyberhouse 30 Apr 2004 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by VBDev
Use conditional for this in newreply and newthread templates

Just add around the code to add in these templates :


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Replace X with the usergroupid you want

Please, click install if you like or use this hack ! :)


Thanks for the help. really appreciate it :)
Will install it this weekend :)

VBDev 30 Apr 2004 19:27

Can you click the install button please Cyberhouse ?

It's really bad and non-motivant for hackers to release hacks, see 68 downloads, only 6 thanks and only 8 people who clicked the INSTALL buton :(

@Xenon : yes of course, I do it now

VBDev 30 Apr 2004 19:32

@Xenon : I still got this 404 error page when I want to upload gif pictures
Other extensions seems to work fine but when I upload a gif, it's really long to load, and it finishes with an error 404 :(

Cyberhouse 01 May 2004 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by VBDev
Can you click the install button please Cyberhouse ?

It's really bad and non-motivant for hackers to release hacks, see 68 downloads, only 6 thanks and only 8 people who clicked the INSTALL buton :(

Haven't installed it yet, but I will click install when it's installed :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.