vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=238945

hoochblues 22 Mar 2011 14:36

Couple of quick questions -

1. How are seasons intended to be used?
2. Can I name my seasons? Could I have a Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall season? And if not through a form to name seasons, what db table field are they in?

Thanks!

hoochblues 22 Mar 2011 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2175929)
Only bbcode is allowed, but there is a [table] bb code available.

hmmm ... I tried bbcode in the ladder description. The bb codes did not convert. Instead they were displayed.

Also re. teams - I have one person creating two man teams. Once he adds the two participants he makes them both leaders, and removes himself. But the challenge notifications are still going to the creator (ie. founder). Even though he has left the team.

Am I wrong? Or can that be changed?

champendk 22 Mar 2011 22:03

The xp for winning tournament is buggy, sometime it dos not reg the points on the ladder?

And i cant figure out how to ad and remove points manually?

Seasons & ELO
by hoochblues
24 Mar 2011 12:38

One of the requests I have had is "can ELO carry over from ladder to ladder?". Which I don't think it does. Is there, or could there be, an option to do this?

Also, I haven't figured out seasons yet. But It would be even better if I could make ELO carry over from ladder to ladder within a season. Could that be possible?

Thanks!

bananalive 25 Mar 2011 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoochblues (Post 2176939)
One of the requests I have had is "can ELO carry over from ladder to ladder?". Which I don't think it does. Is there, or could there be, an option to do this?

Also, I haven't figured out seasons yet. But It would be even better if I could make ELO carry over from ladder to ladder within a season. Could that be possible?

Thanks!

There's no option at the moment, but it's something i might add an option for in the future.

Seasons allow you to link different ladders together. Here's a video on youtube about seasons

bananalive 25 Mar 2011 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoochblues (Post 2176237)
hmmm ... I tried bbcode in the ladder description. The bb codes did not convert. Instead they were displayed.

vBulletin Options -> BB Code Settings -> Allow BB Code in Non Forum Specific Areas
Quote:

Also re. teams - I have one person creating two man teams. Once he adds the two participants he makes them both leaders, and removes himself. But the challenge notifications are still going to the creator (ie. founder). Even though he has left the team.

Am I wrong? Or can that be changed?
Corrected for next release.

bananalive 25 Mar 2011 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by champendk (Post 2176333)
The xp for winning tournament is buggy, sometime it dos not reg the points on the ladder?

And i cant figure out how to ad and remove points manually?

Here's how edit a ladder player's xp, elo rating, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHbFQxZXihg

bananalive 25 Mar 2011 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoochblues (Post 2176194)
Couple of quick questions -

1. How are seasons intended to be used?
2. Can I name my seasons? Could I have a Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall season? And if not through a form to name seasons, what db table field are they in?

Thanks!

Seasons use their ladder title so if you wanted spring, summer, etc. create ladders called

Blue Ladder Spring 2011,
Blue Ladder Fall 2011,
Blue Ladder Summer 2011, etc.

bananalive 25 Mar 2011 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttawaGolf (Post 2176158)
It was worth a try....:confused:

Same problem on tournaments comments page.

They both use the small vbulletin wysiwyg editor, so it might be something to do with that.

betts02 25 Mar 2011 20:50

I have not fully tested this but i have recently installed a fresh version

Is it possible to let team leaders submit the results of a tournament ?

If both teams have different scores can it send a PM to all users with permissions to edit scores
If scores are correct from both teams can it automatically put the winner through and add the scores

And if possible a League system would be great, I would even pay towards that

Cheers for the great works mate

hoochblues 25 Mar 2011 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2177420)
vBulletin Options -> BB Code Settings -> Allow BB Code in Non Forum Specific Areas

Already set to "Yes". But the bb code for tables didn't take.

bananalive 25 Mar 2011 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by betts02 (Post 2177436)
I have not fully tested this but i have recently installed a fresh version

Is it possible to let team leaders submit the results of a tournament ?

If both teams have different scores can it send a PM to all users with permissions to edit scores
If scores are correct from both teams can it automatically put the winner through and add the scores

This happens for ladders at the moment.
Quote:

Originally Posted by betts02 (Post 2177436)
And if possible a League system would be great, I would even pay towards that

Cheers for the great works mate

I'm developing the league at the moment, just got to work on how to place players/teams in groups, depending on their position in their previous league season.

betts02 25 Mar 2011 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2177450)
This happens for ladders at the moment.
I'm developing the league at the moment, just got to work on how to place players/teams in groups, depending on their position in their previous league season.

Will it be coming so teams/players can do this in tournaments ?

Also maybe have an option to drop/promote 1/2/3 teams/players
If not let the admins do this, As long as the league works admins can place teams into each division if they choose to

Frost5 26 Mar 2011 12:57

Great mod.

shoer76 28 Mar 2011 11:11

Is there a way to get 64 players in double elimination instead of just 8?


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.