vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231407

Links and Downloads Manager
by AndrewD
28 Dec 2009 06:42

5 Attachment(s)
What this is and does

Version 3.0.2-PL1 uploaded 15th March 2010.

LDM is a general-purpose tool for managing libraries of links and files, and handling uploads and downloads in a flexible way, while tracking and controlling user access. It also has a range of integrated media players and a large library of 'plugin' extras. It has been developed steadily since the release of vb 3.0 some six years ago, based on extensive feedback from users at vb.org.

I think the 3.0.x releases have been tested enough and are no longer considered beta. However, I still want feedback on features that do not work at all or do not work properly.

Translations in Spanish, French, Chinese, German and Dutch are available as phrase files and are more or less complete.

Installation and Usage Explained in the on-line Wiki, with a brief explanation in the file instructions.txt in the release zip.

The installer will either create a new LDM database, or recognise that you already have an earlier version installed and update it.

Unlike earlier versions of LDM, this version automatically adds a link to the product on the main vb navbar.

Please do not blindly install on a live forum without being sure that you have tested it adequately. Use carefully and always backup your database before upgrading. Post reports of problems and suggestions for enhancements in this thread. You can find extensive discussion of this mod in the VB3.7 mods and VB3.8 mods sections.

Staff Note: Sadly, Andrew D, the developer of the Links and Downloads Manager has passed away after a long period of illness.

AndrewD 28 Dec 2009 06:43

Reserved for news

6 January 2010: version 3.0.1 made available, still beta. Fixes reported problems with 3.0.0 and substantially improves integration with new vBulletin styling system.

mitch84 28 Dec 2009 07:08

a big thank!

reimic 28 Dec 2009 07:47

The Plugin looks great but why your Script is better than DownloadsII? I am not sure which script i should choose.

MindTrix 28 Dec 2009 09:09

I had a older version of LDM from vb3.8 that had not been upgraded once. Just installed this version fine and had no issues at all. Thanks!

fayax 28 Dec 2009 09:52

I havent totally tested it yet. But it installed just fine and seems to be working on vb4 cms pl1. I will report here later.

Excellent work!

fayax 28 Dec 2009 10:00

FYI: When clicking on settings under Links and Downloads, in OPERA the formatting is messed up. In Firfox it is fine.

Asdrubael 28 Dec 2009 10:27

Installed, but it tells me that I do not have permission to access LDM. And yes, I am superadmin in config.php.

Alright, fixed. We used to have a non-standard-group for the project leaders. And I forgot to set the additional usergroup.

yahooooh 28 Dec 2009 11:24

thank you
i will test it

cobret 28 Dec 2009 11:44

Language Italian??

ccjc 28 Dec 2009 12:07

just first impressions, the setting page via admincp just needs fixing for alignment of tables.
Settings look awefully long, guess it cant be helped.

Great work!

AndrewD 28 Dec 2009 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobret (Post 1940246)
Language Italian??

No-one has ever prepared an Italian translation as far as I know. The languages versions that I have been distributing (all in reasonably good condition) are French, Chinese, German, Dutch and Spanish.

I will gladly include other languages if submitted, but be aware that it is a fairly substantial piece work to make a translation - about 1,000 phrases.

ChronosX 28 Dec 2009 14:44

Thx - excellent work!

GermaniX

Neutral Singh 28 Dec 2009 14:52

You are my hero!

AndrewD 28 Dec 2009 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by reimic (Post 1940111)
The Plugin looks great but why your Script is better than DownloadsII? I am not sure which script i should choose.

I try to avoid answering this question, because it may trigger emotional replies :). Take a look at the wiki and see if the features are what you want/need.

fayax 28 Dec 2009 18:56

2 Attachment(s)
I changed the file size in attachment manager...
But in LDM is still tells me that the file size allowed is 8M.

I have refreshed everything.

See pics attached. Can you show me how to fix it?

michael24179 28 Dec 2009 21:44

I am currently using a 2nd vbulletin license. i am using one for a database and now i want to switch to Downloads Manager .
Right now there are running 2 vbulletins on my server. I hope to get a better performance, because i wnat to use only one vbulletin on my server in the future.
thre are about 80 gigabyte in my current database and i am not going to upload all the files again.
I am looing for a chance to link them and put them into Links and Downloads Manager directly and erase the old database from my server later.
I am thinking about to set a link to the www files instead of the files to the local disc.
There is no registration nessesary to load the files, so a direct link won`t be a problem.
Now my question.....
Do i have a chance to realise my thinking or do i have to disclaim my plans on Links and Downloads Manager and still have to work with 2 vbulletins???

ccjc 28 Dec 2009 23:53

1 Attachment(s)

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I get this error appear at the top of the page, when Block right mouse button context menu is NOT installed.
Avoid it, if you dont want the error message appearing

Ophelia 29 Dec 2009 02:38

Thank you so much Andrew :) I just got a successful upgrade of our base forum and will now incorporate this beta to see what happens. You really are a top notch guy :)

AndrewD 29 Dec 2009 02:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by fayax (Post 1940673)
I changed the file size in attachment manager...
But in LDM is still tells me that the file size allowed is 8M.

I have refreshed everything.

See pics attached. Can you show me how to fix it?

You are probably hitting the limits imposed by your server's php.ini settings. Take a look at any of the ldm admin pages (left column down towards the bottom) or the vb admin main page, which includes a summary of main server settings. The values of the php settings post_max_size and upload_max_filesize place absolute limits on the maximum upload, and in your case one or both is probably set to 8M. Unless you fully control your server, these are not settings you can override - you need to ask your server admin. post_max_size needs to be bigger than upload_max_filesize to avoid strange errors within php.

A second point, in case you are concerned - your thumbnails show that all filetypes can be up to 8M - this only applies to admins. Other users will be limited by the individual filesizes given on the vb admin/attachments page, provided they are less than the php.ini controls.

AndrewD 29 Dec 2009 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael24179 (Post 1940849)
I am currently using a 2nd vbulletin license. i am using one for a database and now i want to switch to Downloads Manager .
Right now there are running 2 vbulletins on my server. I hope to get a better performance, because i wnat to use only one vbulletin on my server in the future.
thre are about 80 gigabyte in my current database and i am not going to upload all the files again.
I am looing for a chance to link them and put them into Links and Downloads Manager directly and erase the old database from my server later.
I am thinking about to set a link to the www files instead of the files to the local disc.
There is no registration nessesary to load the files, so a direct link won`t be a problem.
Now my question.....
Do i have a chance to realise my thinking or do i have to disclaim my plans on Links and Downloads Manager and still have to work with 2 vbulletins???

If I understand correctly, you want to set up LDM to access files which are stored on a different part of the server filesystem than used by vb. This is perfectly possible, and is controlled by the LDM setings local_file_root and local_file_root_prefix, which you find under the 'security' section of the LDM settings.

Suppose all your files are held in directory /mydir/myfiles. Then, you would set local_file_root to 'yes' and local_file_root_prefix to /mydir/myfiles. When creating entries to the individual filenames, e.g. /mydir/myfiles/dir1/file1.zip, you would specify them in LDM as dir1/file1.zip.

AndrewD 29 Dec 2009 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccjc (Post 1940960)

I get this error appear at the top of the page, when Block right mouse button context menu is NOT installed.
Avoid it, if you dont want the error message appearing

Noted, and fixed for next upload.

Regarding your earlier comment on the size of the ldm admin/settings page - there have been different reactions from people over the years. It is inevitable that there are many control settings, so one tries to keep these grouped sensibly. The main vb admin /options page gives you the option of seeing all settings at once, or just a subgroup. I find that I never use the 'subgroup' option as I can't recall which group controls what I'm looking for. So I set up LDM to always show all groups. Maybe it would be better to have an intermediate page which acts as the vb/admin/options page.

Could you post a screenshot of the table alignment problem you mentioned. Thanks.

fayax 29 Dec 2009 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1941109)
If I understand correctly, you want to set up LDM to access files which are stored on a different part of the server filesystem than used by vb. This is perfectly possible, and is controlled by the LDM setings local_file_root and local_file_root_prefix, which you find under the 'security' section of the LDM settings.

Suppose all your files are held in directory /mydir/myfiles. Then, you would set local_file_root to 'yes' and local_file_root_prefix to /mydir/myfiles. When creating entries to the individual filenames, e.g. /mydir/myfiles/dir1/file1.zip, you would specify them in LDM as dir1/file1.zip.

yes Andrew I do have that limit.

but I thought if I upload the file via ftp and then use a pointer to it it would work.

Okay no biggie.

I have another question but that will be another post. :) after I get the graphics of it.

fayax 29 Dec 2009 04:08

Where does a file go when uploaded via the front end? What folder is that?

I uploaded a few pdf files and cant seem to find where they are sitting.

ShawnV 29 Dec 2009 05:05

A brilliant piece of work Andrew, thanks so much.

fayax 29 Dec 2009 05:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnV (Post 1941185)
A brilliant piece of work Andrew, thanks so much.

Agree with you Shawn.

pozo 29 Dec 2009 06:01

Installed! :up:
I'm looking forward to German language :)

AndrewD 29 Dec 2009 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by fayax (Post 1941144)
Where does a file go when uploaded via the front end? What folder is that?

I uploaded a few pdf files and cant seem to find where they are sitting.

If you have set the LDM/admin setting "local_file_root" to 'no', then uploaded files are stored in subdirectories within your webroot, underneath the directory specified as "upload_dir".

Ditto, if "local_file_root" is set to 'yes', then they are in directories underneath the file system root directory specified as "local_file_prefix".

fayax 29 Dec 2009 08:20

Yup got that ^ . thanks andrew....forgot that it takes teh webroot and not the site root.

fayax 29 Dec 2009 08:22

FYI

can_send_tofriend perm is enabled for admins, and a few others. but when clicking send to friend when playing an mp3 I get the following:

admin, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

BUT the email does go through anyway .

So its working ..but just goes to a page with that error.

( I hope you wont mind me flooding this with my messages but trying to help you with testing ;))

fayax 29 Dec 2009 08:28

1 Attachment(s)
Also when the above happens the button disappears. See attachment.

michael24179 29 Dec 2009 09:28

1 Attachment(s)
my uploads from my extern server will still stay there and will not loaded in LDM.
after erasing the files from my old database the links are not worth a straw anymore.

abdelghani68 29 Dec 2009 18:56

1 Attachment(s)
Installed, thanks. I don't find bugs... works very good.

How can I do for I have the same design for the categorie and entries please. If I don't want an alternance of 2 colors but I want only the color white and a small line between the entres and categories

And is it possible to change the height of categories and sises of titles ?

something like a little at design of categories's forum if possible

thanks

michael24179 29 Dec 2009 19:38

Quote:

local_file_root
Website
local_file_root_prefix
not set
Datei-Uploads
not set
upload_dir
not set
thumbs_dir
not set
file_icons_dir
not set
Is this normal ?????? All information has been submitted

Trek 29 Dec 2009 19:59

This looks REALLY nice. Tagged until I go live!

Ophelia 30 Dec 2009 00:10

Error on upgrade.. I did this "Run the Product Management System (VB admincp: Plugin System/Manage Products) and upload /release/product_eirma_ldm.xml"

And the following error came up:

Checking environment...

Warning open_basedir is set to in your PHP installation
Refer to documentation for information on this setting

Ophelia 30 Dec 2009 00:23

Under settings...

On my live site the teamuploads and thumbs is under /forum/teamuploads and /forum/thumbs

I changed this in the upgrade so it should be looking at /dev_forum/teamuploads and /dev_forum/thumbs, but it doesn't appear to be updating. I have none of the files in teamuploads and only 1/4 of the thumbs but when I go to the download manager, all the thumbs are there and I can download the zip files.

Ophelia 30 Dec 2009 00:26

The time for the local_links.php is a lot longer than the time for the forum/blog or cms to load. Anyone else seeing that too?

Ophelia 30 Dec 2009 00:32

The comments sections is drastically different.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2009/12/10.jpg

It expands the comments below everything, and shows 4 comments. This takes up a lot of space. Can you set it so that it doesn't expand like this?

Ophelia 30 Dec 2009 00:36

In the admin area, you have bullet points for each category

Settings
File management
Linkbits/Catbits
Mirror Sites
Media Players

etc.

I'm old. Trying to get the mouse directly over those small bullet points isn't as easy for me anymore ;) Can the link be extended out to the word too?

Ophelia 30 Dec 2009 00:37

Ignore this one.

skylab 30 Dec 2009 01:21

Any way to change from DownloadsII to this while keeping all the files?

AndrewD 30 Dec 2009 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophelia (Post 1941979)
Error on upgrade.. I did this "Run the Product Management System (VB admincp: Plugin System/Manage Products) and upload /release/product_eirma_ldm.xml"

And the following error came up:

Checking environment...

Warning open_basedir is set to in your PHP installation
Refer to documentation for information on this setting

This isn't an error - it's a warning. When your server has a php configuration file that sets a value for <em>open_basedir</em>, this restricts the parts of the filesystem that *any* script can access. It is quite possible to set <em>open_basedir</em> and LDM's settings such as <em>file_root_prefix</em> to be incompatible, hence the warning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophelia (Post 1941989)
Under settings...

On my live site the teamuploads and thumbs is under /forum/teamuploads and /forum/thumbs

I changed this in the upgrade so it should be looking at /dev_forum/teamuploads and /dev_forum/thumbs, but it doesn't appear to be updating. I have none of the files in teamuploads and only 1/4 of the thumbs but when I go to the download manager, all the thumbs are there and I can download the zip files.

The LDM code does not currently update its database records to change all the pointers for existing uploads and thumbs from the previous directory to the new directory. I can probably send you a straighforward bit of sql to use with, e.g., phpmyadmin, to make the update, and will add this problem to the 'to do' list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophelia (Post 1942000)
The comments sections is drastically different.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2009/12/10.jpg

It expands the comments below everything, and shows 4 comments. This takes up a lot of space. Can you set it so that it doesn't expand like this?

There are now (actually for some time in vb 3 also) two ways of accessing the comments system, one using the 'dropdown' method that you are probably used to, and the second using an extended 'inline' feature that you are observing. You can choose which you want on the admin/settings page. I think you've enabled them both to show simultaneously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophelia (Post 1942003)
In the admin area, you have bullet points for each category

Settings
File management
Linkbits/Catbits
Mirror Sites
Media Players

etc.

I'm old. Trying to get the mouse directly over those small bullet points isn't as easy for me anymore ;) Can the link be extended out to the word too?

Probably, you ask so nicely :):)

Quote:

The time for the local_links.php is a lot longer than the time for the forum/blog or cms to load. Anyone else seeing that too?
This is a matter of caching certain bits of the display in order to gain speed. It is one of those things which gets tuned as one goes along, and was not a priority for this beta release. There is however a 'display bit caching' setting on the admin/settings page which is already partially functional.

michael24179 30 Dec 2009 07:52

local_file_root
Website
local_file_root_prefix
not set
Datei-Uploads
not set
upload_dir
not set
thumbs_dir
not set
file_icons_dir
not set

AndrewD 30 Dec 2009 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael24179 (Post 1942245)
local_file_root
Website
local_file_root_prefix
not set
Datei-Uploads
not set
upload_dir
not set
thumbs_dir
not set
file_icons_dir
not set

Edited: I didn't look carefully enough...

There's a bug in the 3.0.0 code which prevents some items being displayed properly. Sorry for jumting to conclusions too quickly. Fixed in 3.0.1

Ophelia 30 Dec 2009 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1942097)
This isn't an error - it's a warning. When your server has a php configuration file that sets a value for <em>open_basedir</em>, this restricts the parts of the filesystem that *any* script can access. It is quite possible to set <em>open_basedir</em> and LDM's settings such as <em>file_root_prefix</em> to be incompatible, hence the warning.

I'm not overly experienced with the server side of things; but if we have had LDM running okay in the past, is this something that I need to worry about?

Quote:

The LDM code does not currently update its database records to change all the pointers for existing uploads and thumbs from the previous directory to the new directory. I can probably send you a straighforward bit of sql to use with, e.g., phpmyadmin, to make the update, and will add this problem to the 'to do' list.
No worries on sending the code. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a bug. Once we go live everything will be where it's suppose to be :)

Quote:

There are now (actually for some time in vb 3 also) two ways of accessing the comments system, one using the 'dropdown' method that you are probably used to, and the second using an extended 'inline' feature that you are observing. You can choose which you want on the admin/settings page. I think you've enabled them both to show simultaneously.
There we go! All fixed :)

Quote:

Probably, you ask so nicely :):)
Thank you :)

Quote:

This is a matter of caching certain bits of the display in order to gain speed. It is one of those things which gets tuned as one goes along, and was not a priority for this beta release. There is however a 'display bit caching' setting on the admin/settings page which is already partially functional.
I turned on the "bit_cache_active" and it did seem to load faster. Not sure if it's my imagination or not ;)

I'll be doing more testing... we won't be going live until they get the CMS functioning better, but we are very excited about all the changes :)

ryacine 30 Dec 2009 16:44

1 Attachment(s)
Hello mates,
Thank you for this wonderful mod, one of the most important mods actually. I tried to install it on my test board, but it doesn't seem to complete the installation. It shows a message as shown in the image, but nothing happens, no matter how much I wait. But when I enter the "Addon manager", it's there, but when i try to login as admin : mysite/local_links_admin.php , nothing happens, only a white page. I don't what the problem is. Thank you.

JWL 30 Dec 2009 19:14

Can someone link a working site with this please?

I am interested in this and would like to see how it works.

Thank you

linuxututs 30 Dec 2009 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWL (Post 1942755)

Thank you

I'm waiting for the next update myself. ( Scared to screw up my new site )
But one thing is for sure, this is a GREAT Mod, had it installed on my 3.8.4 site a week or so before I upgraded. It is/was SUPER !

Thanks for the great Mod.

Thanks,

AndrewD 31 Dec 2009 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryacine (Post 1942606)
Hello mates,
Thank you for this wonderful mod, one of the most important mods actually. I tried to install it on my test board, but it doesn't seem to complete the installation. It shows a message as shown in the image, but nothing happens, no matter how much I wait. But when I enter the "Addon manager", it's there, but when i try to login as admin : mysite/local_links_admin.php , nothing happens, only a white page. I don't what the problem is. Thank you.

May be a problem with the time taken to upload the xml product file.

Try uploading the product file (product-eirma_ldm.xml) into your includes/xml directory, then tell vb to install that file, instead of doing the upload.

ryacine 31 Dec 2009 10:13

Quote:

May be a problem with the time taken to upload the xml product file.
Try uploading the product file (product-eirma_ldm.xml) into your includes/xml directory, then tell vb to install that file, instead of doing the upload.
Thank you AdrewD for the answer. And most important, thank you so much for the mod.
It worked. Yeaaah. Awesome work, superb mod. Installed and nominated. Good luck.

Deviant K1 01 Jan 2010 06:28

Heyas Andrew!

Great Job as always on this mod. INSTALLED!!!

Quick question, I updated to this version from v2.3.0 on my vB3.8.4 board. I noticed that it created a navbar tab link "Links/Downloads". I was wondering is there a setting I over look that will allow me to remove the tab at least for now? If not in the settings of LDM, do you think you can advise me on another suggestion as to removing the tab? I only need to remove it for a bit since the wife and I are still working on the skin and setting up a better listing of our tab links.

Thanks!!! :D

To JWL
by Deviant K1
01 Jan 2010 06:28

JWL,

If you can wait maybe within the next day or two, I'll have my site re-opened and leave you the link so you can see the LDM. I've been using this mod since I found it for vB 3.7. The mod is great and I really can't see my site not having it.

AndrewD 01 Jan 2010 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deviant K1 (Post 1943762)
Heyas Andrew!

Great Job as always on this mod. INSTALLED!!!

Quick question, I updated to this version from v2.3.0 on my vB3.8.4 board. I noticed that it created a navbar tab link "Links/Downloads". I was wondering is there a setting I over look that will allow me to remove the tab at least for now? If not in the settings of LDM, do you think you can advise me on another suggestion as to removing the tab? I only need to remove it for a bit since the wife and I are still working on the skin and setting up a better listing of our tab links.

Thanks!!! :D

Sure - go to vb/admin/products and plugins/plugin manager and disable the plugin Links and Downloads Manager - Add LDM to main vBulletin menu. That will hide the tab except when you are already inside LDM.

linuxututs 01 Jan 2010 15:10

Quote:

Thank you

Here you go Mysite.

Went ahead and backed up everything and installed with no issues to speak of yet.
Super Mod!

Thanks,

Deviant K1 01 Jan 2010 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1943811)
Sure - go to vb/admin/products and plugins/plugin manager and disable the plugin Links and Downloads Manager - Add LDM to main vBulletin menu. That will hide the tab except when you are already inside LDM.

Thanks buddy!

I actually found that out 20 minutes after I posted this... :D.

So far so good, no bugs found! :up:

Deviant K1 02 Jan 2010 06:37

Quote:

Thank you

I have re-opened my site if you still want to check out the LDM. --> LINK
Just click on the "Video Gallery" tab on the navbar.

I did notice one syntax error that only pop up when I first visit my LDM but it goes by so quickly that I don't get a chance to see the full error message. My guess it's one of the extras acting weird. It only happens if I clear out my cookies in my browser (Firefox), and re-visit my LDM page. I'll try to get a screenshot of it and post it.

Asides from that it works great. Just as it did on my vB 3.8.4 board :).

AndrewD 02 Jan 2010 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deviant K1 (Post 1944687)

I did notice one syntax error that only pop up when I first visit my LDM but it goes by so quickly that I don't get a chance to see the full error message. My guess it's one of the extras acting weird. It only happens if I clear out my cookies in my browser (Firefox), and re-visit my LDM page. I'll try to get a screenshot of it and post it.

I think the error is in the block_context_menu plugin. It can be fixed by editing the plugin Links and Downloads Manager - Block right mouse button context menu attached to the hook ldm_maindisplay_begin and adding a line at the end containing just the character } (closing brace)

SemperFideles 02 Jan 2010 11:44

Andrew,

Thanks for all of your hard work. I don't mean to complain but we have noticed that, with certain custom themes, the LDM becomes unreadable. Is there a way to fix this? It doesn't seem like LDM is inheriting the site theme.

AndrewD 02 Jan 2010 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by SemperFideles (Post 1944839)
Andrew,

Thanks for all of your hard work. I don't mean to complain but we have noticed that, with certain custom themes, the LDM becomes unreadable. Is there a way to fix this? It doesn't seem like LDM is inheriting the site theme.

You're correct - the 3.0.0 beta release is not yet integrated with the new vb styling features. I am working through the problems - if you can point me at pages that don't look right (e.g. by PM), I'll give this attention.

Deviant K1 02 Jan 2010 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1944702)
I think the error is in the block_context_menu plugin. It can be fixed by editing the plugin Links and Downloads Manager - Block right mouse button context menu attached to the hook ldm_maindisplay_begin and adding a line at the end containing just the character } (closing brace)

Thanks AndrewD,

I'll give it a try and let you know what I come up with with :)

Deviant K1 03 Jan 2010 00:06

Well wouldn't you know it... (like I didn't think it would)

It work like a charm!

Thanks AndrewD!!! :D

michael24179 03 Jan 2010 11:29

1 Attachment(s)
I am still working on my database to integrade it complete in LDM.
Like I said that before I want to erase my old database and run only LDM.
My files don´t need to be link, the links has to be loaded to the files in LDM directly, so that there will be no connection to my old database.
I have done this….

Upload_dir:/uploads “directory created and writable”
Local_file_root: “is on yes”
Local_file_root_prefix: /var/customers/webs/DEB/vb4/LDM “directory created and writable”
After activating local_file_root I get a note when I want to create a download(see attachment)
Local_file_root_prefix: {vb:raw links_defaults.local_file_root_prefix
Local_file_root -> file system
Do I have to format the link especially to load the file in LDM or does this message means I have done something wrong?

________________________________________________________________________________ ________________

Ich bin derzeit immer noch dabei, meine Datenbase komplett in LDM zu integrieren. Wie schon zuvor geschrieben, möchte ich die alte Datenbase später komplett löschen und nur noch LDM laufen lassen. Daher müssen meine Files nicht verlinkt werden, sondern mit den Link zum File in den LDM geladen werden so dass keine Verbindung mehr zur alten Datenbase mehr besteht.

Ich habe nun folgendes gemacht.
upload_dir: /uploads/ "Verzeichnis wurde erstellt und ist beschreibbar"
local_file_root: ist auf Yes gestellt
local_file_root_prefix: /var/kunden/webs/DEB/vb4/DLM/ "Verzeichnis wurde erstellt und ist beschreibbar"

Nachdem ich nun Local_file_root aktiviert habe, bekomme ich beim erstellen eine Download diesen Hinweis gezeigt (siehe auch anhang).

local_file_root_prefix: {vb:raw links_defaults.local_file_root_prefix
local_file_root -> file system
Muss ich den Link hier speziell Formatieren, damit das File in LDM geladen wird oder zeigt mir diese Meldung, das ich etwas falsch gemacht habe.

AndrewD 03 Jan 2010 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael24179 (Post 1945816)
I am still working on my database to integrade it complete in LDM.
Like I said that before I want to erase my old database and run only LDM.
My files don´t need to be link, the links has to be loaded to the files in LDM directly, so that there will be no connection to my old database.
I have done this….

Upload_dir:/uploads “directory created and writable”
Local_file_root: “is on yes”
Local_file_root_prefix: /var/customers/webs/DEB/vb4/LDM “directory created and writable”
After activating local_file_root I get a note when I want to create a download(see attachment)
Local_file_root_prefix: {vb:raw links_defaults.local_file_root_prefix
Local_file_root -> file system
Do I have to format the link especially to load the file in LDM or does this message means I have done something wrong?

That mesage is my mistake. It should be giving you the name of the root prefix directory. I've missed a character out of one of the templates. Thanks for letting me know.

michael24179 03 Jan 2010 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1945830)
That mesage is my mistake. It should be giving you the name of the root prefix directory. I've missed a character out of one of the templates. Thanks for letting me know.

Can i fix this problem by myself or will be a patch available??

AndrewD 03 Jan 2010 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael24179 (Post 1945986)
Can i fix this problem by myself or will be a patch available??

release 3.0.1 is coming in a day or so, and will fix the problem. You can just ignore the text - it's just an informative message and it shouldn't stop anything working.

michael24179 03 Jan 2010 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1946080)
it's just an informative message and it shouldn't stop anything working.

ok.....if it is just an informative message the downloads to the new database are still not working, or maybe it is the bug.....or another bug.......or just my mistake....lol

E.T. 03 Jan 2010 21:21

1 Attachment(s)
This mod is great, thanks AndrewD !!

I'm using a dark style designed by Cableguy69 and the catagories in the download section are a bit light, but I'm sure this can be fixed somehow.

I think an image can say more the words, so a screenshot has been attached.

Thanks again AndrewD, my forum users are very happy with this mod.

AndrewD 04 Jan 2010 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.T. (Post 1946346)
This mod is great, thanks AndrewD !!

I'm using a dark style designed by Cableguy69 and the catagories in the download section are a bit light, but I'm sure this can be fixed somehow.

I think an image can say more the words, so a screenshot has been attached.

Thanks again AndrewD, my forum users are very happy with this mod.

Thanks.

Version 3.0.1 will :) fix problems with styling, I hope, by integrating quite tightly with the new style vars. Expect it sometime this week.

AndrewD 04 Jan 2010 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael24179 (Post 1946117)
ok.....if it is just an informative message the downloads to the new database are still not working, or maybe it is the bug.....or another bug.......or just my mistake....lol

Taking another look at your screenshot, I realise that what you are trying to do is move vbulletin 'attachments' into LDM. This is not a feature that is currently available. I think you will have to manually download the files from vb/forums, then re-uplod them into LDM.

It could be a good feature, but there has not been any particular demand for it so far.

obmob 04 Jan 2010 18:34

Nice! ^_^

Thank you Andrew, will test upgrading my test site.

Leo Brazil 04 Jan 2010 19:33

This is a great news for me. Just couldn't even think go to 4.0 without LDM first.

LDM 3.0 Spanish
by obmob
04 Jan 2010 23:08

1 Attachment(s)
So far it works, will have to redo my templates changes :S

Here is a spanish translation for LDM 3.0 :3

Ldm 3.0.1
by AndrewD
05 Jan 2010 15:09

I've added release 3.0.1 plus translations (full Spanish, almost full German, Chinese, French, Dutch) to the header post.

This aims to fix the reported problems, including substantial improvements to the integration with the new vBulletin styling system, and some work on speed/efficiency of page generation.

As usual, will appreciate your reports on its usability/any problems.

abdelghani68 05 Jan 2010 15:40

thanks. I can't import, "phrases_fr" there is an error, and with the product "product-eirma_ldm_fr" I have problems with the caracters "é, è.." it's write for exemple "téléchargements" and the right is "téléchargements"

linuxututs 05 Jan 2010 19:58

Update went fine for me.

Sooo Glad you have it looking like the old 3.8.x's version again. ( Love the drop down description ! )

I had noticed this yesterday or the day before, but the RSS link is wrong.
it's showing

Darn, this editor isn't letting me paste the correct link here at vb.org....( /{vb:raw LDM_catinfo.rss_feed] ) There that's it..... :)

Thanks for the help and again for a super Mod.

Thanks,

EDIT:

Ok, I tried overwritting the rss2 plugin and then I get this error when trying to visit Links/Download page.

or
"Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/includes/local_links_main_links.php(668) : eval()'d code on line 196"

Already tried deleting it, and that brought back everything, but when I uploaded the plugin, it did the same thing.

Thanks Andrew,

No pagination links?
by Deviant K1
05 Jan 2010 22:18

Hi Andrew. I discovered a small problem and wanted to let you know. There are no pagination links available if there more than 10 files in the category. I went to the Entry Display category in the LDM settings page and made sure that the entry in links per page was set to 0. Is there something else that I am missing?

E.T. 05 Jan 2010 22:28

2 Attachment(s)
Hi there,

Upgrade went well, and for a darker style it looks much better now.

Discover 2 things sofar...

Cannot see how the download in a section (missing an icon )
Alignment is not correct for catagories without sub catagories

Did I miss something perhaps ?

See screenshots

AndrewD 06 Jan 2010 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deviant K1 (Post 1948235)
Hi Andrew. I discovered a small problem and wanted to let you know. There are no pagination links available if there more than 10 files in the category. I went to the Entry Display category in the LDM settings page and made sure that the entry in links per page was set to 0. Is there something else that I am missing?

Confirmed.

There is a key piece of code at the very centre of LDM, which builds the main entry displays. It has become horribly complex and I made a change ;) Sorry - will have it fixed today, I hope.

AndrewD 06 Jan 2010 04:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxututs (Post 1948120)
Update went fine for me.

Sooo Glad you have it looking like the old 3.8.x's version again. ( Love the drop down description ! )

I had noticed this yesterday or the day before, but the RSS link is wrong.
it's showing

Darn, this editor isn't letting me paste the correct link here at vb.org....( /{vb:raw LDM_catinfo.rss_feed] ) There that's it..... :)

Thanks for the help and again for a super Mod.

Thanks,

EDIT:

Ok, I tried overwritting the rss2 plugin and then I get this error when trying to visit Links/Download page.

or
"Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/includes/local_links_main_links.php(668) : eval()'d code on line 196"

Already tried deleting it, and that brought back everything, but when I uploaded the plugin, it did the same thing.

Thanks Andrew,

Confirmed, will be fixed later today.

AndrewD 06 Jan 2010 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.T. (Post 1948243)
Hi there,

Upgrade went well, and for a darker style it looks much better now.

Discover 2 things sofar...

Cannot see how the download in a section (missing an icon )
Alignment is not correct for catagories without sub catagories

Did I miss something perhaps ?

See screenshots

First problem confirmed, and related to the problem reported by Deviant K1. Will be fixed later today.

I can't reproduce the second problem - do you mind if I take a look at your site (PM me details if so).

E.T. 06 Jan 2010 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1948466)
First problem confirmed, and related to the problem reported by Deviant K1. Will be fixed later today.

I can't reproduce the second problem - do you mind if I take a look at your site (PM me details if so).

No I don't mind at all :)

Your login details are in your PM box.

Thanks

AndrewD 06 Jan 2010 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdelghani68 (Post 1947919)
thanks. I can't import, "phrases_fr" there is an error, and with the product "product-eirma_ldm_fr" I have problems with the caracters "é, è.." it's write for exemple "téléchargements" and the right is "téléchargements"

I have had great difficulties with languages, because the vbulletin infrastructure is (by default) only partly set up to deal with these. I am able to install all language versions correctly on my test vb 4.0 system, but I have had to make a small change to one of the vb files to accept this. I will provide instructions in the translations directory when I update the 3.0.1 LDM release, which should be later today.

Ldm 3.0.1
by AndrewD
06 Jan 2010 16:44

I've reuploaded version 3.0.1 in the main post to fix the problems reported last night:

- missing page navs
- missing download icons for non-media files
- layout problems with catbit with some browsers
- bad url with rss icon

Please note that I have withdrawn the product files from the translations, and just provided phrase files, generally in both ansi and utf8 formats.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

E.T. 06 Jan 2010 17:10

Hi AndrewD,

I've reupload the files into the forum but still no icons...

Could you please check the files ?

cheers,
Marcel

edit...., reuploaded again and download icon is available now

IE catbit is still the same

raaowdot 06 Jan 2010 22:45

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Thanks for the update as this is mine main mod on my site and I would not upgrade to 4 unless I can get it to work. Good work on a great mod.

I have a problem though....

I create a test site with a fresh install of both vb and LDM and it works fine. However I've now upgrade the site and for some reason the images still show the old versions and some are missing. i think the template/style has not updated.

I've redownload from here, reupload all fine and reran the install to no effect. Any Ideas?

JWL 07 Jan 2010 02:23

This is absolutly great, I have yet to really set it up, but this is the item I was looking for.

Being a Pro OHV Access Activist Website, this is going to be great for my members to upload and download video of Meetings, minutes and fliers, including Video of the ECO-Terrorist groups who want everyone out of the wilderness

AndrewD 07 Jan 2010 02:29

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by raaowdot (Post 1949118)
Hi, Thanks for the update as this is mine main mod on my site and I would not upgrade to 4 unless I can get it to work. Good work on a great mod.

I have a problem though....

I create a test site with a fresh install of both vb and LDM and it works fine. However I've now upgrade the site and for some reason the images still show the old versions and some are missing. i think the template/style has not updated.

I've redownload from here, reupload all fine and reran the install to no effect. Any Ideas?

Yes, you need to change the setting "file_icons_dir" on the LDM admin/settings page. The new icons are stored in images/ldm-silk-icons/. There is an alternative set of icons available in the release zip in extras/icon-sets/ldm-ox-icons. These are somewhat larger than the silk icons but you may prefer them, depending on the rest of your style (see attachments - the first shows the ox icons, the second, the silk icons). To use them, upload into images/ldm-ox-icons and set file_icons_dir accordingly.

Sorry for any confusion here - new installations pick up the new icon directory automatically but upgraded forums have to be set manually.

fayax 07 Jan 2010 02:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deviant K1 (Post 1944687)
I have re-opened my site if you still want to check out the LDM. --> LINK
Just click on the "Video Gallery" tab on the navbar.

Asides from that it works great. Just as it did on my vB 3.8.4 board :).

Excellent site.

Can you point me in the right direction to how I can get that download button. Right now I have some files up there, clicking on them opens then in a new tab but I would like to have a download button like yours. :)

Thanks.

AndrewD 07 Jan 2010 03:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by fayax (Post 1949242)
Excellent site.

Can you point me in the right direction to how I can get that download button. Right now I have some files up there, clicking on them opens then in a new tab but I would like to have a download button like yours. :)

Thanks.

Have you added the filetypes you want to download to the vbulletin attachments table?

If you don't do this, LDM assumes the entries are 'links' (to open in a new window). See the wiki.

AndrewD 07 Jan 2010 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.T. (Post 1948896)
Hi AndrewD,

IE catbit is still the same

This is weird. The IE problem is highly intermittent on your site and non-existent on mine. I can get it to go away on your site simply by clicking on page reload.

Deviant K1 07 Jan 2010 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1948873)
I've reuploaded version 3.0.1 in the main post to fix the problems reported last night:

- missing page navs
- missing download icons for non-media files
- layout problems with catbit with some browsers
- bad url with rss icon

Please note that I have withdrawn the product files from the translations, and just provided phrase files, generally in both ansi and utf8 formats.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

WooT!!!!!!!!!

Thanks AndrewD :D :D :D Awesome work and support as always buddy!

raaowdot 07 Jan 2010 10:06

Big thanks Andrew for the quick and detailed responce to my query regarding the old icon set showing. Worked a treat.

Keep up the good work.

... sorry if i've missed this, as I have looked, but the old version allowed the statistics to show at the bottom of the forum. Is this still available or maybe it was another mod add-on. I suppose we should have a widget now but I'd still like it in my forum page as that's my homepage.

AndrewD 07 Jan 2010 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by raaowdot (Post 1949413)
... sorry if i've missed this, as I have looked, but the old version allowed the statistics to show at the bottom of the forum. Is this still available or maybe it was another mod add-on. I suppose we should have a widget now but I'd still like it in my forum page as that's my homepage.

This is one of the features that I haven't got round to testing yet with vb4. Wll do so, and if there's a problem, will let you know.

Writing a set of widgets to correspond to the previous vbadvanced modules is my next task...

E.T. 07 Jan 2010 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1949253)
This is weird. The IE problem is highly intermittent on your site and non-existent on mine. I can get it to go away on your site simply by clicking on page reload.

Hi AndrewD,

It was an IE7 issue, with IE8 everything looks fine.

Thanks for your help :)

Regards,

Marcel

Title Center Alignment
by Deviant K1
08 Jan 2010 08:38

1 Attachment(s)
Hi again AndrewD :),

Got another one for you, so don't toss a 3 week old sweaty sock at me :D.

In the attachment below you will notice that the title of my video clip is aligned to the left and not centered as it once was. Is there a setting or something I overlooked by chance?

Thanks!

AndrewD 08 Jan 2010 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deviant K1 (Post 1950192)
Hi again AndrewD :),

Got another one for you, so don't toss a 3 week old sweaty sock at me :D.

In the attachment below you will notice that the title of my video clip is aligned to the left and not centered as it once was. Is there a setting or something I overlooked by chance?

Thanks!

No, it's a style bug/change as you choose. Will fix. (How dare you suggest that my wife would allow my socks to sit around for three weeks :D)

AndrewD 08 Jan 2010 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by raaowdot (Post 1949413)

This was done using the patch_forumhome 'extra' which is still available and still works. However, it does not look quite right in the new forumhome layout, so I will tidy it up in the next release,

Deviant K1 08 Jan 2010 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1950368)
This was done using the patch_forumhome 'extra' which is still available and still works. However, it does not look quite right in the new forumhome layout, so I will tidy it up in the next release,

I also would like to say that the 'extra' patch_forumhome DOES in fact work as intended. However, the patch-forumhome-newlinks and the patch-forumhome-recententries has caused SQL errors. Sorry I didn't take a screenshot of the error :( but I will once I finish the rest of my settings so AndrewD can take a look at them later.

So, on that note, if anyone DOES attempt to use either of those plugins receives a database error, just go back and remove those plugins.

These plugins have been tested on my test & live sites are working as intended... keep in mind, these are only the 'extra's I use on my site:
Tested on latest versions of I.E. 8, Firefox & Safari
add-mimetypes
add-page-information
admin-maintain
block-context-menu
block-useraccess
explorer-view
flash-sites
hide-magnifier
JW-player-extensions
limit-useraccess
patch-admincp
spider-url
stream-mms-videos
tagcloud
upload-names

(And to comment AndrewD's post about his sweaty 3 week old socks... So you say! :D)

Safari Drop Down Menu
by Deviant K1
08 Jan 2010 20:41

1 Attachment(s)
AndrewD,

Not that I don't think you have a lot of work on your desk to do at the moment but I felt the need to add a little more :D.

In the below attachment while viewing a category, if filters are use and you attempt to use the drop menu box, it doesn't work in Safari. I tried refreshing and that didn't work.

IE8, Firefox and Chrome works fine :D.