vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231407

Epic Mike 24 Jan 2010 02:53

How can I change the location of the navbar link. I edited both of the "add LDM to main vBulletin menu" plugins and changed the template_hook to middle instead of right. That works fine on the forums and every other page but once I click on the links / download section the location of that tab in the navbar moves to the end again while I am in that section. Then once I go back to a page outside of LDM everything is fine again.

I'm sure I missed a template_hook call somewhere but can't find where?

Thanks!

Ophelia 24 Jan 2010 03:51

Issues with the 4.0.1 upgrade of vB and your software.

We are no longer able to upload just one file at a time. When you click add entry, it gives us 10 spots to fill out.

We are no longer able to upload a zip file. There is no browse button.

We are no longer able to upload a jpg file. There is no browse button.

We are no longer able to change a scheduled product to today's date instead.

Trek 24 Jan 2010 05:57

Just installed this... holy hell... this is easily the most comprehensive mod I've seen for vB. Works flawlessly and you can pretty much change anything. The number of options can be a bit daunting at first, but... damn you can do anything you want.

I've tried some of the other products that are supposed to do this, but they are so far behind it's not possible for me to express it.

Thank you for writing and releasing this... very cool stuff!

5 stars, nominated!

JWL 24 Jan 2010 15:59

When I run VB Admin> Maintinance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions

I get


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


dinozz 24 Jan 2010 16:29

I used vbulletin 4.01 and LDM 3.01
I've this problem: every time that an user downloads a file the thumbnails disappear!

The only solution at the moment is to enter in the admin section and:

a) go to ldm/admin/settings
b) set thumbs_dir to blank
c) in the left column, find the line 'thumbnail images' and click on the link.

After all this the thumbnails appear again.
How can I do to fix the problem without going to ldm/admin/settings???

Thanks in advance

Epic Mike 27 Jan 2010 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic Mike (Post 1964896)
How can I change the location of the navbar link. I edited both of the "add LDM to main vBulletin menu" plugins and changed the template_hook to middle instead of right. That works fine on the forums and every other page but once I click on the links / download section the location of that tab in the navbar moves to the end again while I am in that section. Then once I go back to a page outside of LDM everything is fine again.

I'm sure I missed a template_hook call somewhere but can't find where?

Thanks!

Anyone know how to change the location of the navbar link from the right to the middle? :confused:

obmob 28 Jan 2010 04:13

Oh... i must redo my templates, if i find something i'll let you know, I also want it in the middle :p

AndrewD 28 Jan 2010 05:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic Mike (Post 1968411)
Anyone know how to change the location of the navbar link from the right to the middle? :confused:

You have to make changes in three places:

a) to control the location while in LDM - edit includes/local_links_include.php, find function ldm_fetch_navbar_template() and edit the template_hook assignment;

b) ditto to control the location while in other parts of vbulletin - go to the vb/admincp/products and plugins and edit the plugin "Links and Downloads Manager - Add LDM to main vBulletin menu" attached to the process_templates_complete hook, and make the same change

c) ditto to control the location while in error messages, as per b) but edit the plugin attached to the error_nopermission hook.

I'll see if there's a better way to specify this as a single configuration setting.

obmob 28 Jan 2010 15:01

Oh, it wasn't a template edit, thanks Andrew :p

dinozz 28 Jan 2010 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinozz (Post 1965316)
I used vbulletin 4.01 and LDM 3.01
I've this problem: every time that an user downloads a file the thumbnails disappear!

The only solution at the moment is to enter in the admin section and:

a) go to ldm/admin/settings
b) set thumbs_dir to blank
c) in the left column, find the line 'thumbnail images' and click on the link.

After all this the thumbnails appear again.
How can I do to fix the problem without going to ldm/admin/settings???

Thanks in advance

No solutions for my problems?

oechertigger 28 Jan 2010 20:51

hi,

is it possible to expand the linklist???
So that all links of all categories are shown on one page, devieded only by the category title!

Means:

cateory 1
link
link
link

category 2
link
link

Thanks for help!

Epic Mike 28 Jan 2010 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1968633)
You have to make changes in three places:

a) to control the location while in LDM - edit includes/local_links_include.php, find function ldm_fetch_navbar_template() and edit the template_hook assignment;

b) ditto to control the location while in other parts of vbulletin - go to the vb/admincp/products and plugins and edit the plugin "Links and Downloads Manager - Add LDM to main vBulletin menu" attached to the process_templates_complete hook, and make the same change

c) ditto to control the location while in error messages, as per b) but edit the plugin attached to the error_nopermission hook.

I'll see if there's a better way to specify this as a single configuration setting.


Andrew, thank you so much for your help. I could not find (a) for the life of me. It is appreciated!

AndrewD 29 Jan 2010 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinozz (Post 1969147)
No solutions for my problems?

I have not seen this problem before, and cannot think of a solution. Can I take a look at your site? I will need an account with vb admin privileges. Send me a PM if so.

Ophelia 31 Jan 2010 03:58

Andrew, I posted earlier, but am posting again.

We are having issues with the install on our live forum. In the past we had the ability to pick how many uploads we wanted to at one time, we no longer have that. If we set it to 10 in admin, it gives us a form with 10 entries, instead of before where it asked us "how many do you want".

We no longer have browse buttons for .zip or .jpg files. We have to turn on off site linking and uploaded to the server then provide the URL manually. I installed the lastest version on a fresh install of vB4, and it too didn't have this functionality. What has changed and what do I need to change to get it working again?

We no longer have the ability to schedule the file to a future date. The date is hard coded and there is no way to change it.

I'd be happy to provide a test account to log in if you need it. Thanks!

AndrewD 31 Jan 2010 05:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophelia (Post 1970958)
Andrew, I posted earlier, but am posting again.

We are having issues with the install on our live forum. In the past we had the ability to pick how many uploads we wanted to at one time, we no longer have that. If we set it to 10 in admin, it gives us a form with 10 entries, instead of before where it asked us "how many do you want".

We no longer have browse buttons for .zip or .jpg files. We have to turn on off site linking and uploaded to the server then provide the URL manually. I installed the lastest version on a fresh install of vB4, and it too didn't have this functionality. What has changed and what do I need to change to get it working again?

We no longer have the ability to schedule the file to a future date. The date is hard coded and there is no way to change it.

I'd be happy to provide a test account to log in if you need it. Thanks!

Ophelia, sorry for the lack of response - as I've posted above, we're currently in the middle of a house/country move and have only a limited internet connection for the time being (via mobile telephone, pre-3G).

Looking at your issues:
a) the lack of a dialogue box for 'add multiple entries' was a temporary fix in LDM 3.0.0 and .1, while I figured out how to get the box to appear correctly in the css-oriented approach used by vb for the navbar. I've now got that figured out and the old behaviour will return in 3.0.2, which is close to being ready to launch.

b) The scheduling/date problem was caused by a bug in the new LDM template code and will be fixed in 3.0.2.

c) I'm confused by your .zip/.jpg report, which is presumably a consequence of the set of options you have selected. I will need to look at your site to get to the bottom of this. Please send a PM.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.