vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231407

mitch84 24 Feb 2010 13:53

1 Attachment(s)
I can't install this product, after this screenshoot, nothing; I tried several times
thx

AndrewD 24 Feb 2010 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyv72 (Post 1990293)
Hello Andrew
i have same problem...

my php.info say:
disable_functions system, show_source, passthru, shell_exec, exec, pcntl_exec, popen, posix_setuid, posix_seteuid, proc_open, chown, dbmopen, disk_free_space, diskfreespace system, show_source, passthru, shell_exec, exec, pcntl_exec, popen, posix_setuid, posix_seteuid, proc_open, chown, dbmopen, disk_free_space, diskfreespace

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.T. (Post 1990311)
Hi AndrewD,

Hereby a screenshot from the disable_functions in the vb admincp/maintenance/view php info.

I'm at something of a loss, because the code in question looks very straightforward. (I'm also a bit irritated :) because this check on disable_functions was added to help give other people a more helpful warning when their system configuration blocked access to LDM.)

It would help me greatly to sort this out if I can have full vb admin access to one/both of your sites. If you agree, pls send me a PM.

AndrewD 24 Feb 2010 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 1990372)
I can't install this product, after this screenshoot, nothing; I tried several times
thx

Are you saying that the vb admincp hangs with this screen displayed?

andyv72 24 Feb 2010 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1990433)
I'm at something of a loss, because the code in question looks very straightforward. (I'm also a bit irritated :) because this check on disable_functions was added to help give other people a more helpful warning when their system configuration blocked access to LDM.)

It would help me greatly to sort this out if I can have full vb admin access to one/both of your sites. If you agree, pls send me a PM.

hi Andrew...

you have pm...

E.T. 24 Feb 2010 15:54

And also from me.., you've visit this site before :)

AndrewD 24 Feb 2010 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyv72 (Post 1990441)
hi Andrew...

you have pm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.T. (Post 1990449)
And also from me.., you've visit this site before :)

Thanks guys, now I understand the problem - I'd messed up a test on another php variable (allow_url_fopen), which is disabled on both of your sites.

Will try to post a fix this evening or tomorrow.

andyv72 24 Feb 2010 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1990457)
Thanks guys, now I understand the problem - I'd messed up a test on another php variable (allow_url_fopen), which is disabled on both of your sites.

Will try to post a fix this evening or tomorrow.

Ok thanks :up::up:

mitch84 24 Feb 2010 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1990434)
Are you saying that the vb admincp hangs with this screen displayed?

yes, Installation stops after this screen

obmob 24 Feb 2010 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1990167)
I thought I'd fixed this. Did you re-install the product xml?

If you did, pls go to vb/admincp/products and plugins/plugin manager. Edit the Links and Downloads Manager - Add LDM to main vBulletin menu plugin attached to the process_templates_complete hook. After the line:

if (LDM_NAVBAR_LOCATION) {

add

echo THIS_SCRIPT;
echo "<br />";
echo LDM_LINKS_SCRIPT;
echo "<br />";

and save.

Run your main ldm script and let me know what gets displayed at the top of the screen. Then undo the edit to the plugin.

Thanks Andrew, I got this on top:

local_links
links

Trek 24 Feb 2010 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD (Post 1989653)
I'm not sure how easy this is to do - the vbulletin infrastructure keeps the navbar link and its submenus together.

One option would be to display the navbar entry only when inside LDM (I assume you've got a way to get into LDM in the first place). If this would suit you, I'll post an explanation.

Yes, that would be great. Thank you for your help!

mitch84 25 Feb 2010 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 1990372)
thx

sorry, it's fixed but now another problem when I want download a file:

my set:
local_file_root is YES
local_file_root_prefix is glt

i upload my file, all work fine but when I want download it I've got this message:
Quote:

Local file system functions disabled via php's disable_functions - Local downloads not available
thank you

AndrewD 25 Feb 2010 04:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch84 (Post 1990902)
sorry, it's fixed but now another problem when I want download a file:

my set:
local_file_root is YES
local_file_root_prefix is glt

i upload my file, all work fine but when I want download it I've got this message:

thank you

Yes, we discovered this problem yesterday. There'll be a fix today.

mitch84 25 Feb 2010 05:36

ok, thank you

AndrewD 25 Feb 2010 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trek (Post 1990797)
Yes, that would be great. Thank you for your help!

Go to vb/admincp/products and plugins/plugin manager

Edit the "Links and Downloads Manager - Add LDM to main vBulletin menu" plugin attached to the "process_templates_complete" hook.

The standard code looks as follows:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Just add comment signs (//) to five lines as follows:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I will try to provide a more 'friendly' way to achieve this effect in a later release. For the time being, keep in mind that you will have to re-apply the edits each time you upgrade LDM.

Ldm 3.0.2
by AndrewD
25 Feb 2010 11:51

I've reuploaded version 3.0.2 with fixes to these reported problems:

a) Error message when trying to download or play a file when php setting allow_url_fopen is off

b) LDM admin settings not 'sticking' for the vbcms entries 'extra'; and 'show category' option not working for this and the vbcms thumbs 'extra'