vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=273181

monkeyboy1916 08 Nov 2011 22:43

I'm interested in using this Arcade system, but I'm having 2 issues.

One is the obvious IE problems, which has already been mentioned for the most part.

The second, could there possibly be a way in the future to set a global "max" width for flash games? I see there's an option for the max for the increase/decrease options after the flash game loads, but I have a fixed width site, and half of the time by default games tend to break my style.

I know I could edit each and every game to fit in with my style, but surely there could be a simpler option that won't break fixed styles on it's own?

Thanks!

Darkwaltz4 08 Nov 2011 22:58

There is currently no option for that, but you could try putting some css

woffie 09 Nov 2011 02:21

Is this supposed to be better than V3arcade? I don't see where it is. Looks very similar.

Darkwaltz4 09 Nov 2011 02:31

Its not "supposed" to be - its my own take on the arcade addon :)

monkeyboy1916 09 Nov 2011 03:55

The option "Maximum Postbit Trophies" doesn't seem to be working. I've set it to 4 and it still displays the 7 trophies I've gained from testing out the arcade. I also setup the arcade on my test board to see if it was some sort of conflict from my main board, but it still has the same problem =/

Any ideas?

shuuk 09 Nov 2011 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkwaltz4 (Post 2265749)
Edit the default any game/usergroups permission to have None access.

Then create a new permission with the usergroups you want to give access to, and set to Play or Record or Score (see description for differences)

im blind :/ thank you works now :)

SocialNetworkBuzz 09 Nov 2011 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2265095)
We've discussed it internally and decided to add an option to remove the hivelocity part of the footer for anyone who wishes to on the lite version - we plan to extend this to our other mods with the same footer as they are updated.

Anything to make an extra buck these days. Whatever happened to that vB community that released stuff because they enjoyed coding? Now-a-days it just seems everything is bloated with links to purchase branding free options or extra "pro" features you have to pay extra for. You never saw this sort of thing back in to the vB2.x days. I agree Paul, this is poor etiquette and a rule should be made about forcing links with nothing to do with the mod.

In a nutshell, this arcade looks great, but I will not be installing it as I won't put a commercial link on my community site. I also own a hosting firm and even refuse to put a powered by link to my own business on my site. I really hope you reconsider forcing this as I'm sure others feel the same and past by this great add-on as the result,

Darkwaltz4 09 Nov 2011 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SocialNetworkBuzz (Post 2265950)
In a nutshell, this arcade looks great, but I will not be installing it as I won't put a commercial link on my community site. I also own a hosting firm and even refuse to put a powered by link to my own business on my site. I really hope you reconsider forcing this as I'm sure others feel the same and past by this great add-on as the result,

This is now an option for you to easily disable if you wish :) It has always been intended as a way to support us for the free lite version if you have no intention of getting the pro one - because we make sure our lite versions arent useless "demo" quality!

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyboy1916 (Post 2265893)
The option "Maximum Postbit Trophies" doesn't seem to be working. I've set it to 4 and it still displays the 7 trophies I've gained from testing out the arcade. I also setup the arcade on my test board to see if it was some sort of conflict from my main board, but it still has the same problem =/

Any ideas?

Edit the vBArcade - Render Postbit Trophies plugin, find:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

replace with

monkeyboy1916 09 Nov 2011 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkwaltz4 (Post 2266181)
Edit the vBArcade - Render Postbit Trophies plugin, find:

replace with

Works great! Thanks =)

glen290 10 Nov 2011 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkwaltz4 (Post 2265866)
Its not "supposed" to be - its my own take on the arcade addon :)

I think it looks far nice then the v3 arcade addon, and one of the best features is that when you enter your high score, it still stays on the game screen.

shuuk 12 Nov 2011 10:41

hmm i receive a database error
Quote:

Datenbankfehler in vBulletin 4.1.7:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT languageid,
phrasegroup_global AS phrasegroup_global,
phrasegroup_v3arcade AS phrasegroup_v3arcade,
phrasegroupinfo AS lang_phrasegroupinfo,
options AS lang_options,
languagecode AS lang_code,
charset AS lang_charset,
locale AS lang_locale,
imagesoverride AS lang_imagesoverride,
dateoverride AS lang_dateoverride,
timeoverride AS lang_timeoverride,
registereddateoverride AS lang_registereddateoverride,
calformat1override AS lang_calformat1override,
calformat2override AS lang_calformat2override,
logdateoverride AS lang_logdateoverride,
decimalsep AS lang_decimalsep,
thousandsep AS lang_thousandsep
FROM language
WHERE languageid = 1;

MySQL-Fehler : Unknown column 'phrasegroup_v3arcade' in 'field list'
Fehler-Nr. : 1054
Fehler-Zeit : Saturday, 12.11.2011 @ 09:27:51
Datum : Saturday, 12.11.2011 @ 09:27:51
Skript : xxx.de/arcadetourmnt.php?do=viewactive
Referrer :
IP-Adresse : 208.115.111.70
Benutzername :
Klassenname : vB_Database
MySQL-Version :
how can i fix this error? please help me

Darkwaltz4 12 Nov 2011 16:08

That appears to be an error from v3 Arcade, judging from the language group it is trying to access, plus arcadetourmnt.php is not a file added by vBArcade.

What were you doing when you got that error? Sounds like you still have a link to that file somewhere on your site, but because you have uninstalled v3 Arcade, that orphaned file has no supporting resources to access, so you get that. Find the lingering links and remove them, and delete that arcadetourmnt.php.

shuuk 14 Nov 2011 07:41

i delete arcadetourmnt.php and works now.
i use auto. database backup everyday and i received a info email with these error

thank you :)

Andyrew 15 Nov 2011 17:55

I cannot install games, I get memory error messages and I am on a dedicated box. ???

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9376073 bytes) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/dbtech/vbarcade/functions_arcade.php on line 126

Darkwaltz4 15 Nov 2011 18:05

You seem to be trying to untar a particularly large game file (looks like 8MB and you have a memory limit of 32M). Does it work with other games you have (smaller ones!)?

Not a whole lot can be done about it because its not an optimization issue, short of increasing your memory limit.