vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201286

a9eel 13 Jul 2009 14:10

is it fix secure or what

Oblivion Knight 15 Jul 2009 11:38

All seems to be working just groovy. Thanks! :D

Nadavy 16 Jul 2009 16:49

I'm wondering the same thing. Is it secure now?

[email protected] 18 Jul 2009 12:14

vBulletin 3.8.2
AddOn 2.3

In AdminCP we have a quicklink "Login as User". It is from a hook "useradmin_edit_start" in admincp/user.cp. There ist a array $quicklinks.

But the same hook is in modcp/user.cp but there ist no array $quicklinks, So i got en error in ModCP/user search/show profil.

I have removed the hook on line 348

($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('useradmin_edit_start')) ? eval($hook) : false;

[email protected] 19 Jul 2009 15:06

I have change the plugin Cyb - Login To User Account - EU Hook useradmin_edit_start

The change is in the first/last line
first line

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

last line

Original

change

RedFoxy 22 Jul 2009 01:05

I've it installed and it's great but after I installed Cyb - Advanced Forum Rules I loose the button to log as the users

Sador 29 Jul 2009 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by markuswarren (Post 1830711)
Firstly, An absolutely excellent mod!

Secondly, is it possible to add the "Login as User" option to the Postbit (postbit_legacy in this case) popup menu that you get when you click on a users name when viewing a thread? If so, what do I need to do? I can see the section in the postbit_legacy template where the other popup options are, but I'm unsure as to exactly what to put in there to log the user in.

I agree with this, it's a great addon. Still, this feature would be nice. Is it possible to get that?

Amiga Harrison 29 Jul 2009 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Jinni (Post 1804348)
I just found a bug:
in modcp when super moderator go to view user's profile he gets this error:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/modcp/user.php(348) : eval()'d code on line 29

this error appear when viewing this page:
[URL]http://www.yoursite.com/forum/modcp/user.php?do=viewuser&u=xxx[/URL]
were xxx is the user id

or by going - in modcp - Users -> Search for Users -> then type user name -> [View Profile] and there it is.

hope you could fix that ASAP.

thanks -Cyp for all your great work :)

I also get this error message in exactly the same way with this mod installed.

Worth noting is that another similar (but not as good) mod called Admin login as user also produces exactly the same error.

So I think this error must occur with any mod currently designed to log a mod/admin in as another user.

I hope you can find a fix for this. It doesn't stop either mod from working, just shows the error at the top of this search user mp page. So it can be lived with.

Kolbi 12 Aug 2009 22:41

There are bug with the vb 3.8.4 can you please resolve them?

markuswarren 13 Aug 2009 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sador (Post 1857835)
I agree with this, it's a great addon. Still, this feature would be nice. Is it possible to get that?

I did manage to work out how to do the addition to the user pop-up menu, and I've been rather lax in posting what I did, so I'll rectify that now:

Upon editing postbit_legacy look for:

$template_hook[postbit_user_popup]

then after copy and paste the following:

The conditional checks to see if the user is in the admin group and thus only presents the option to admin users.

I've been using this for a little while and it works like a charm.

Sador 13 Aug 2009 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by markuswarren (Post 1866220)
I did manage to work out how to do the addition to the user pop-up menu, and I've been rather lax in posting what I did, so I'll rectify that now:

Upon editing postbit_legacy look for:

$template_hook[postbit_user_popup]

then after copy and paste the following:

The conditional checks to see if the user is in the admin group and thus only presents the option to admin users.

I've been using this for a little while and it works like a charm.

Hm, for some reason this doesn't seem to work at my board. Doesn't add anything to the pop up menu.

Still, thanks for sharing.

markuswarren 14 Aug 2009 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sador (Post 1866619)
Hm, for some reason this doesn't seem to work at my board. Doesn't add anything to the pop up menu.

Still, thanks for sharing.

Try sticking "xxxxxxxxxxx" or something that will display inside the conditional to check that this portion of it is working, as it sounds as though the conditional check might not be working.

I'm using the Matahari style by sultan themes, and it does differ, in terms of where items are located, to the default style. For example, the navbar items are not in the same location as in Default Style. Therefore it is possible that putting the code in postbit_legacy might not be where it should go, but it would make sense that it is, regardless of style being used.

Sador 14 Aug 2009 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by markuswarren (Post 1867092)
Try sticking "xxxxxxxxxxx" or something that will display inside the conditional to check that this portion of it is working, as it sounds as though the conditional check might not be working.

I'm using the Matahari style by sultan themes, and it does differ, in terms of where items are located, to the default style. For example, the navbar items are not in the same location as in Default Style. Therefore it is possible that putting the code in postbit_legacy might not be where it should go, but it would make sense that it is, regardless of style being used.

Ah, I found the problem. Postbit_legacy is used only for people who are using legacy mode. So, the code was alright, just had to put it in postbit instead of postbit_legacy. Thanks for the help!

dandanch 21 Aug 2009 06:19

doesn't seem to be working for 3.8.4 won't let you log in
to the users account do you have a fix?thanks

RedFoxy 24 Aug 2009 13:22

Ok I found and fix the troubles about "Cyb - Advanced Forum Rules" and "Cyb - Login To User Account", to fix it you must edit "Cyb - Login To User Account - MI" and:

Find:

Replace With:

dandanch 25 Aug 2009 05:47

on my 3.8.4 boards to get it working again all i did was uninstalled it and re-instilled
it should work fine..

DeanoUK 25 Aug 2009 09:04

Installed on www.ukcigarforums.com, along with most over Cyb mods! Thanks bud!

LordDB 25 Aug 2009 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amiga Harrison (Post 1857864)
I also get this error message in exactly the same way with this mod installed.
Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/modcp/user.php(348) : eval()'d code on line 29

Worth noting is that another similar (but not as good) mod called Admin login as user also produces exactly the same error.

So I think this error must occur with any mod currently designed to log a mod/admin in as another user.

I hope you can find a fix for this. It doesn't stop either mod from working, just shows the error at the top of this search user mp page. So it can be lived with.

uninstall the version you have at present, and install this version here:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=177947

hypoharry 05 Sep 2009 23:54

Amazing collection of mods on my forums now but this is the best one buy far

Dutch_Boy 08 Sep 2009 17:37

Love it !! Thanks for the great mod !!

bleros 15 Sep 2009 06:25

Have bugs this plugins in modcp user.php i get this error

When disable this plugins is ok

Simon Lloyd 15 Sep 2009 21:50

Are you using this mod on 3.8.x?

bleros 16 Sep 2009 22:17

3.8.4 latest

weto 17 Sep 2009 18:49

you rock!

kalisekj 30 Oct 2009 19:27

Great Mod! Thank You Very Much! Came in Handy when I updated my lottery system and lost all the tickets users had, so I was able to log in as each and give them their ticket back without any of them knowing something went wrong. LOL

mdq06 19 Dec 2009 01:13

Problems!

Warning: require_once(read_pms_eng.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/admincp/read_pms.php on line 60

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'read_pms_eng.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home1/overclo7/public_html/foro/admincp/read_pms.php on line 60

karel1985 02 Jan 2010 11:58

Looking forward for the vb4 release...

ra3doo 23 Feb 2010 12:33

Thanks ......

Valter 26 Feb 2010 13:17

vB 4 version released here:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233350

Tettinntil 26 Feb 2010 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sador (Post 1867272)
Ah, I found the problem. Postbit_legacy is used only for people who are using legacy mode. So, the code was alright, just had to put it in postbit instead of postbit_legacy. Thanks for the help!

This finally solved it for me! :D

WebCraker 05 Mar 2010 15:54

Thank you .. Installed and translated to Arabic
بارك الله فيك وتم تعريب الهاك على الرابط التالى
http://www.support-ar.com/vb/showthread.php?t=83521

Tettinntil 14 Mar 2010 10:06

When login out from another user's account, I keep on getting logged in to the same account unintetionally. This is fixed by deleting cookies, but I the have to delete cookies very often. Any solution to this?

parks72 15 Mar 2010 18:50

thank you.........

Dj Smuggla 27 Apr 2010 17:20

Yea this is a great mod thx a lot...

jbizzle 01 May 2010 21:32

IMO you should do it so once you log into their accounts it shows up under the users active in the past 24 hours list.

sinpin 19 Jun 2010 06:23

great idea and thanks Valter

it seems there is a problem,
installed but doesn't work (vb 3.8.2)

I can't see: "Login As User" in member profiles or Quick User Links

MonkYZ 13 Jul 2010 00:00

I think there is a small problem. When Login To User Account is used on a banned user, there is no way to read the PM's for that user. Can this be modified so admins/moderators can still read the PM's ?

BirdOPrey5 13 Jul 2010 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkYZ (Post 2068289)
I think there is a small problem. When Login To User Account is used on a banned user, there is no way to read the PM's for that user. Can this be modified so admins/moderators can still read the PM's ?

There are a couple of "Read PMs" mods you'd be better off using... as this logs you into an account you'll never be able to read pm's if banned users can't see them.

MonkYZ 15 Jul 2010 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 (Post 2068686)
There are a couple of "Read PMs" mods you'd be better off using... as this logs you into an account you'll never be able to read pm's if banned users can't see them.

Can you recommend me a good one ? Thx ! :)

BirdOPrey5 15 Jul 2010 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkYZ (Post 2069374)
Can you recommend me a good one ? Thx ! :)

To read PMs use this one: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123166
t's for 3.6 but works fine in 3.8
Note that if a user deletes a PM you won't see it anymore.

This mod: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=204562
Creates a log of all PMs sent by users so even if they delete them you have a copy, the problem is this can grow very big on an active board.

And for ethical reasons you should of course notify your users you have the ability to read pms, but that is another discussion.

haytham 05 May 2011 19:03

Thank you. Just one request. Please always include upgrade instructions in your first post. It will make things easier since some mods require full removal of files then uploading new files and others can just be overwritten.

xAsphyxiia 22 Aug 2011 09:42

Does this come with history of whos logged onto whos account?

burakdulgar 24 Aug 2011 05:32

Well its working perfectly with chrome 13 but not with firefox 6.

Thnx for the mod btw, its simply perfect :)

Syxguns 07 Sep 2011 18:11

Does this Mod work with version 4.x? Or is there another Mod that allows me to post or change post to another user?

NM- found one!

kronnos 26 Dec 2012 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syxguns (Post 2243087)
Does this Mod work with version 4.x? Or is there another Mod that allows me to post or change post to another user?

NM- found one!

I was just about to ask if there is a future for this mod on VB4...

Can you share which one?

Edit: Found it as well... If anyone is interested, its called VSa - Login To User Account.

kronnos 01 May 2013 04:07

What is the process of upgrading to 4.2 if this mod is installed?

1) Should I first upgrade, uninstall it and install the 4.x version of this mod (VSa - Login To User Account) ?

2) Uninstall it before upgrading to 4.x then install the 4.x version of this mod after upgrade of forum is complete?

Also, would uninstalling remove the the tables originally created by this mod? What are those tables?

Thanks!

michaelclyde 15 Nov 2020 16:21

Unable to mark "installed".

Just tried this mod on vb3.8.12 running PHP 7.4 and BLANK, it did not take.

Recently tried to clean install a vb3.8.2 debug test forum running PHP 5.6 and got same, "unable" error message. Any suggestions as to "why"? Suspect my original vb3.8.2 has been either hacked or datastore corrupt as am now getting system message You have been banned for the following reason: No reason was specified Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Also, notice all system messages are now "right margin justified"? Anyone ever see this before?