vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268524

Auto Thread Poster by BOP5 (Auto Thread Starter)
by BirdOPrey5
14 Aug 2011 19:04

2 Attachment(s)
Version 1.2: Added {DATE} Options
Version 1.0: Initial Release

This mod was a request. The goal was to post a new thread regularly each week. The thread content would be Identical each week.

You set your thread options in the mod settings, and then schedule the included scheduled task to suit your needs.

Simple mod should work on both VB 3.x and 4.x.

------------------------------------------------------

Please "Mark as Installed" if you use this. :)
Donations always appreciated. :up:
Nominate MOTM if you LOVE it! ;)

BirdOPrey5 14 Aug 2011 19:05

Reserved.

NTMID8 15 Aug 2011 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 (Post 2233461)
Reserved.

Anyway to have an option to define the interval of when the thread is started? For example, I could use this if it started an auto-thread once a month instead of once a week.

BirdOPrey5 15 Aug 2011 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTMID8 (Post 2233571)
Anyway to have an option to define the interval of when the thread is started? For example, I could use this if it started an auto-thread once a month instead of once a week.

That is all controlled by the scheduled task. There is no time interval hard coded into the mod. So yes once a month is possible. In fact once a month is the longest possible interval and every 10 minutes is the shortest interval possible using the vbulletin scheduled task system.

8thos 15 Aug 2011 00:31

I'm lost but what's the purpose of this?

BirdOPrey5 15 Aug 2011 00:33

Someone wanted a mod to post the same thread each week.. Maybe for a contest entry or something. So I made it.

8thos 15 Aug 2011 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 (Post 2233584)
Someone wanted a mod to post the same thread each week.. Maybe for a contest entry or something. So I made it.

LOL Just gave me an idea.

AURFSCAN 15 Aug 2011 00:48

hi bop, replies in a thread would be good and different content for different days also

tagged to keep an eye on it cheers

BirdOPrey5 15 Aug 2011 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by AURFSCAN (Post 2233592)
hi bop, replies in a thread would be good and different content for different days also

tagged to keep an eye on it cheers

I understand it would be good but none of that is going to happen in this mod. This mod was a simple mod for a simple request. I do not intend to add much, if any, functionality. Since I don't have much use for this mod myself, it's on the "back burner."

ngphuc2k 15 Aug 2011 06:17

Thanks fore share

Alecsmith 16 Aug 2011 07:27

Excellent Mod i was looking for this few days back :D

Its very handy for weekly contest i don't want to check contests every week new round of contests will be opened default.

hanhdn 15 Sep 2011 23:39

Hi BirdOPrey5, My idea: mod can make auto up for random threads

BirdOPrey5 16 Sep 2011 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanhdn (Post 2246524)
Hi BirdOPrey5, My idea: mod can make auto up for random threads

I don't understand... Auto up random threads? This mod creates a thread at a specific time- it would make no sense for it to be random- anything else would be outside the scope of this mod completely.

spillage 28 Jan 2012 04:05

Can {Date} be used in the thread title, so as to clearly distinguish each new weeks thread from the previous?
If not, can you add a "date" option?
Can you add options for frequency; Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly?

BirdOPrey5 28 Jan 2012 16:01

The {DATE} idea is something I can put in the next release, but no idea when it may be. Frankly, it may be a while, this isn't really a mod with much demand.

The frequency is chosen in the scheduled task manager- you can change it from once every 10 minutes to once a month, with a lot of possibilities in between.

Quarterly will likely not be an option because it is not an option for a scheduled task and to add such an option would mean requiring the mod to alter the database- nothing this simple mod was even intended to do.