vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=249277

Azum 22 Oct 2014 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2519470)
Do you mean "inline" as in inserting an image, such as http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/image...nsertimage.gif, in the middle of of a post ?

Yeah, I can't seem to get the image to insert into the body of the message after it's uploaded...

dartho 24 Oct 2014 03:31

I've had a bit of a look, and I don't think there is any easy way to do that without bringing in the full ckeditor ...

Azum 24 Oct 2014 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2519900)
I've had a bit of a look, and I don't think there is any easy way to do that without bringing in the full ckeditor ...

Thanks anyway...

On another note, I've noticed that line breaks aren't preserved when quoting. Any fix for that aside from disabling the WYSIWYG editor?

Mark.B 24 Oct 2014 20:35

Ok you need to create a new plugin at newreply_start. I called mine Line Break Fix which helped me locate it years later. :)

Add this code:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Azum 24 Oct 2014 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark.B (Post 2519959)
Ok you need to create a new plugin at newreply_start. I called mine Line Break Fix which helped me locate it years later. :)

Add this code:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I saw your earlier post about that, and it works... but then my checkbox for AME convert URLs to videos doesn't show up because it kills the newpost_disablesmilies hook.

Mark.B 24 Oct 2014 20:53

That's a weird one....I don't have any AME options showing anywhere (although I do use AME) so haven't run into this.

I can't understand why it would affect code run at another hook. It's just an if conditional, which is closed off. So whether it returns true or false, it ought not to affect any other hooks.

Could it be that the AME checkbox only shows on the WYSIWYG? That would explain it, as you've turned the WYSIWIG off with my code.....though only in the mobile style. Shouldn't affect a normal style.

Slightly baffled, I'm afraid.

Azum 24 Oct 2014 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark.B (Post 2519965)
That's a weird one....I don't have any AME options showing anywhere (although I do use AME) so haven't run into this.

I can't understand why it would affect code run at another hook. It's just an if conditional, which is closed off. So whether it returns true or false, it ought not to affect any other hooks.

Could it be that the AME checkbox only shows on the WYSIWYG? That would explain it, as you've turned the WYSIWIG off with my code.....though only in the mobile style. Shouldn't affect a normal style.

Slightly baffled, I'm afraid.

Took me awhile to figure it out, but AME adds the convert URLs to video checkbox by looking for the newpost_disablesmilies hook, if present, it injects the checkbox before the smilies checkbox... and from what I can tell the newpost_disablesmilies hook only gets called in the WYSIWYG editor.

I'm working on trying to change it to something else, like attachments... maybe you could help.

Like this code here works, but I want it to show up after the attachments box, not before it... which is what it currently does. (note newpost_attachment was newpost_disablesmilies until I changed it).


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Azum 25 Oct 2014 00:17

nevermind, didn't work correctly.

Gadget_Guy 16 Nov 2014 01:18

dartho....

Trying to PM you about hiring you for a custom version of this skin but your PM box is full.

Can you contact me with a way I can get a message to you?

D.

dartho 16 Nov 2014 13:14

Try again!

Gadget_Guy 16 Nov 2014 23:34

PM Sent

Bounce 25 Feb 2015 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncoshq (Post 2511391)
I appreciate your reply, while coming across quite hostile, I understand where you are coming from.

I thought DB Tech was quite well known, so didn't think I would need a link sorry. The addon my users request the most is DB Tech Advanced Likes/Thanks (http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/produ...t-thanks-like/)

I appreciate the advice in regard to adding the hooks, and things of that nature. Unfortunately that is outside of my skill set. Hence I asked the question. I'm sorry if it bothered you in some way.

Hi mate, did you ever get the likes sorted?

Ive never managed to find the relevant code to add.

I did manage to put a rep button and show rep on haha

mbreezy 27 Feb 2015 12:53

Any chance on a 4.2.2 version?

carsafety 08 Apr 2015 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2522962)
Try again!

Mailbox full again:-) If you didn't get my email please send me a PM as I'd like to proceed with the changes you suggested for my custom plugin.

e24h 26 May 2015 07:50

mmm... probably

However, my suggestion would be to install it as a new style with no parent.

scottkoz20 26 Jul 2019 04:58

1 Attachment(s)
I'm late to the game on this style - I really like this and I have need to get this going as we'll be making a major change to become more mobile with custom tools on my site...

... however, something that noticed is that when I go to check my PM's either from the navbar (NEW PM) or from the User CP (New Private Messages) I get no PM's (see screenshot).

When I look through the thread, (and I apologize if I missed it), is there an update for the PM's to be displayed?


Thanks,
Scott

Prince 17 Sep 2019 04:49

Does this work on 4.2 ?

gnrx 16 Feb 2020 16:44

Hi,
I view this style, sorry because I don't read all pages of this thread, I have 2 doubts.
Work with vb 4.2.5?
And the most important, its a responsive theme? I search a responsive mobile style for my site and I view this and I think its possible...

Thanks and regards.

djbaxter 16 Feb 2020 21:04

There are no responsive themes for vBulletin 4.2.5.

Options if you want responsive:
  1. migrate to Xenforo
  2. upgrade to vBulletin 5
  3. install crappy Tapatalk

charlesr 17 Feb 2020 07:34

I tried this a long time ago but have a cms so it wasn't an option.
I'm now using metro mobile theme https://themeforest.net/item/metro-m...tin-42/4013274

djbaxter 17 Feb 2020 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlesr (Post 2602078)
I tried this a long time ago but have a cms so it wasn't an option.
I'm now using metro mobile theme https://themeforest.net/item/metro-m...tin-42/4013274

I am too. It's not really a responsive theme but you can at least install it as the main theme and have a mobile theme that matches.

gnrx 17 Feb 2020 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2602077)
There are no responsive themes for vBulletin 4.2.5.

Options if you want responsive:
  1. migrate to Xenforo
  2. upgrade to vBulletin 5
  3. install crappy Tapatalk

Bad options... :)
Migrate to Xenforo, in this moment, is not option for me, I have some plugins that are incompatible with xenforo...
upgrade to vb 5... I have the same problem and...
use tapatalk, like you indicate, a crappy tapatalk...

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlesr (Post 2602078)
I tried this a long time ago but have a cms so it wasn't an option.
I'm now using metro mobile theme https://themeforest.net/item/metro-m...tin-42/4013274

I view the page, its possible a good solution/iddea.
You use a cms, what cms? I search a cms for vb 4.2.5 but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbaxter (Post 2602080)
I am too. It's not really a responsive theme but you can at least install it as the main theme and have a mobile theme that matches.

I doubt with this, indicate that, you use like main theme and have a mobile theme that matches?
Mi iddea, is install a mobile theme, or responsive or good theme for mobiles devides, I have a main theme good for me, its possible not responsive but...for colours and options, I preferer not change my main theme.
It's not responsive, but if it's worth it, maybe I would also change my main theme.

Sincery, thanks!!

gnrx 20 Feb 2020 11:03

It is possible that this question is not correct in this thread, because it leaves a little of the initial theme of the thread, but as you two have advised me that topic and use it, I turn to you to see if I clarify any doubt:
I have been looking at the theme that you indicate, in principle I am looking for a responsive theme for the mobile version of my forum, responsive to be compatible with the plugins I have, work well (the mobile by default theme does not work very well) and be something "light" to favor the load. In principle, my main theme desktop version would leave it, it is not responsive, but it is very nice to look at and I have it modified to my liking and users like it a lot, the intention is not to change it, or failing that, the theme that bought (responsive or not) would adapt it to the colors I currently have, that could do it, but not the footer, I would not know how to put it in a new theme.
Having said all this (which I extend) I have seen the theme that you are commenting on, I have contacted the author to resolve any questions but I do not get an answer, so I turn to you a little. Would it be feasible to install it only for mobile version?
I have also seen this, which is responsive:
https://www.sultantheme.com/product/st-vb4-responsive/
It is much more expensive, and for the desktop version I should adapt the colors like the current one I have or just use it in mobile version.
And at this moment ... I don't know if I opt for the responsive theme for desktop and mobile or the theme metro (and I doubt if only for mobile or also as main) ...
I am a sea of ​​doubts ... :-P

charlesr 21 Feb 2020 19:48

When I said I use the CMS, I mean I use vb articles as my homepage. Look at Bordersdown.net
I use metro mobile theme and styled version of the vb theme for my full screen style

lange 21 Feb 2020 21:10

Checked Bordersdown.net. It's not responsive at all and there are many errors HTML in the source code (the errors are in red color).

charlesr 22 Feb 2020 07:40

If by responsive you mean one style that resizes itself perfectly for every device, then good luck with that in vb4....
But it switches to metro style on a mobile (it won't do this if you just switch to mobile mode in chrome inspect tool - you have to actually use a mobile device, or select it from the style picker drop down) and Google thinks it's mobile friendly with Google Search Console reporting no mobile issues.

It's not perfect but looks decent and works

lange 22 Feb 2020 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlesr (Post 2602124)
If by responsive you mean one style that resizes itself perfectly for every device, then good luck with that in vb4....

Yes, I mean one style that resizes itself perfectly for every device. I think it's more complicated with nested stylesheets of vB4 + vB CMS; maybe easier on a forum with tables like vB3.

gnrx 23 Feb 2020 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlesr (Post 2602120)
When I said I use the CMS, I mean I use vb articles as my homepage. Look at Bordersdown.net
I use metro mobile theme and styled version of the vb theme for my full screen style

Yes, I view the site and I like a lot.
But you can and use CMS-Articles, true?
I don't have CMS-Articles, and with my license, if I want install CMS-Articles I need upgrade my license (about 159$)...I think its very expensive, but your site have good look and its like I want my site...

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlesr (Post 2602124)
...
But it switches to metro style on a mobile (it won't do this if you just switch to mobile mode in chrome inspect tool - you have to actually use a mobile device, or select it from the style picker drop down) and Google thinks it's mobile friendly with Google Search Console reporting no mobile issues.

It's not perfect but looks decent and works

About t his, the vendor/owner of metro mobile syte respone to me yesterday, he indicate that, is not good for google, but you indicate its good for your for google and not have errors with google search console, then, I think its good.

I will be guided by your experience, although the seller has told me that it is not good for google, if it is for you, I understand that it is.

I am not looking for a theme that is the same in the desktop version as in the mobile version, the theme that I have in the desktop version I like very much (and users too) has dark blue tones, the mobile version, I am looking for it that is light, with light colors and Above all, good for Google, and I think that the metro version that you have advised me meets those conditions.

When the seller told me that it was not good for google, then it gave me "some fear" and I did not make the purchase at that time, but if you say it is good for google, I will make the purchase, the load, how about? I have tried it from my mobile device, and I see it as good. Google Insights gives you a very good score on your website with metro mobile theme.

Therefore, my doubts were resolved, I will acquire this theme for my mobile version.

Too bad I don't have CMS-Articles, really, the design of your site is the one I would like to have.
Accessing the index of your mobile site, it also has a very good appearance, it will not be responsive, but as if it were.

I greatly appreciate your comments.

charlesr 24 Feb 2020 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnrx (Post 2602150)
snip...

the design of your site is the one I would like to have.
Accessing the index of your mobile site, it also has a very good appearance, it will not be responsive, but as if it were.

I greatly appreciate your comments.

Note that I added in extra buttons to the mobile header to make navigation easier.

Here's the code for my mobile style header template. Please don't just copy paste - it won't work. You need to read mine, compare it to yours and understand the changes and then write the changes needed to yours, plus add relevant button images.

I also added an easy link to the full size style, because editing posts on mobile style is a nightmare


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


gnrx 24 Feb 2020 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlesr (Post 2602153)
Note that I added in extra buttons to the mobile header to make navigation easier.

Here's the code for my mobile style header template. Please don't just copy paste - it won't work. You need to read mine, compare it to yours and understand the changes and then write the changes needed to yours, plus add relevant button images.

I also added an easy link to the full size style, because editing posts on mobile style is a nightmare

...

Hi,

I really appreciate your comments and help.

Indeed, yesterday when I was looking at your site with my mobile through metro theme mobile, I saw what you mentioned, some icons above for better interaction with the user, and in the footer, the full size option.

I did not know that the option to edit is a nightmare (a pity) because really, the theme is not responsive, but as I told you, yesterday when I browsed it, I really liked it and it seems almost responsive, it looked really good. I looked at those top menu options.

Analyzed with google insights gives a really excellent result, all this contradicts what the author told me, I almost did not advise him, he said that it was not good for google, but it is.

I appreciate your comments, I am guided and trust more of them than those of the author.

At the same time, I thank you for the code, as you say, it is not copy and paste, I do not like to do that, I like to look at it, see what it does, adapt it, in some things my knowledge comes, in others maybe not, but even where my knowledge does not arrive, I try to know what it does and why. I have already seen certain parts of the code that I will adapt to mine, I have variable phrases changed on my site, so I will adapt it to mine. I will make the comparison, see and adapt it. As I comment, I thank you very much for your comments and directions.

I'm going to buy the theme, I hope to have it installed and adapted this week, as soon as I have it, I'll let you know.

Thank you!

serverchange 26 Feb 2020 20:00

page does not open vbadynamic plugin. How can I fix?

musik 15 Aug 2022 21:42

Has anyone been able to convert the calendar into this theme? Got nothing so far :/.

But in the meantime, here's a little something we've added on our forum so the users don't have to write BB code themselves:

This is in newreply, but you may need to paste it elsewhere too:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:41.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.