vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109101

Add Imageshack to your forums
by mholtum
28 Feb 2006 06:46

1 Attachment(s)
Install 'ImageShack on your Site' into the reply and post-new-thread sections of your vBulletin message board, thus giving your visitors the ability to upload images directly. After upload, they may paste the images directly into their post box.
  1. Log into your admin cp, and click on Styles and Templates, then Style Manager.
  2. For the theme (or themes) that you would like to add the iframe to, select in the drop down box "Edit Templates". You should see a whole list of template groups now.
  3. Click the "[ ]" on the "New Posting Templates".
  4. To add the box to the reply page, click edit on the bullet point that says "newreply".
  5. Search for this code:
    Quote:

<fieldset class="fieldset"><legend>$vbphrase[miscellaneous_options]</legend>
    <div style="padding:$stylevar[formspacer]px"><if condition="$bbuserinfo['signature'] != ''"><div>
    <label for="cb_signature"><input type="checkbox" name="signature" value="1" id="cb_signature"
    tabindex="1" $checked[signature] />$vbphrase[show_your_signature]</label></div></if><div>
    <label for="cb_parseurl"><input type="checkbox" name="parseurl" value="1" id="cb_parseurl"
    tabindex="1" $checked[parseurl] />
    $vbphrase[automatically_parse_links_in_text]</label></div>
    disablesmiliesoption</div></fieldset>
  6. Paste the iframe code DIRECTLY AFTER the instance mentioned above.
    Quote:

<fieldset class="fieldset"><legend>Upload your images to ImageShack</legend>
    <div style="padding:$stylevar[formspacer]px">
    <iframe src="http://imageshack.us/iframe.php?txtcolor=111111" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" width="280" height="70"> You must
    have an iframe-compatable browser to view the ImageShack.us upload form.</iframe></div></fieldset>
  7. Click Save.
  8. To add the iframe in the new thread page, click edit on "newthread".
  9. Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7.
  10. Login to your message board as a regular user. Either click "Post New Thread" or reply to an existing thread in order to test out your new Image Hosting Service!

mholtum 28 Feb 2006 06:46

reserved for later use

The Realist 28 Feb 2006 11:00

Installed and working 100%.

Thanks.

Yorixz 28 Feb 2006 11:23

Can't seem to find the url, but I'm sure I've seen this modification around already.

Thanks though!

vampireus 28 Feb 2006 11:57

There is a plugin "vB Quick Attachment ... sth" I don't remember. Pretty much the same with this one ^_^

FleaBag 28 Feb 2006 18:08

That one doesn't work properly on recent versions of vB though and a fix has been sought for some time. Nice one on the release! :)

mholtum 01 Mar 2006 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorixz
Can't seem to find the url, but I'm sure I've seen this modification around already.

Thanks though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampireus
There is a plugin "vB Quick Attachment ... sth" I don't remember. Pretty much the same with this one ^_^

I have seen it. This is a bit different.

Pink-Lotus 01 Mar 2006 08:49

I would've installed it without the ugly font and advertisement. And I can't seem to be able to remove it.

Barakat 01 Mar 2006 10:12

4 Attachment(s)
open and make changes for those templates newreply, newthread, editpost, pm_newpm

find :-

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

add after :-

images in the attachments to /images folder
files rapid.php and imageshack.php to the /forum folder
this is HaYLaZ hack ...

wolfyman 01 Mar 2006 19:22

Ah, nice. I was wondering about this - I'm going to modify it to work with http://www.holdmyfile.com though.

wolfyman 01 Mar 2006 20:13

Perhaps this will be of more use to some of you - rather than giving your traffic and members to tagworld.com, just edit the same template and use:

In newthread and newreply templates, find:

Replace with

And you are left with:

http://www.holdmyfile.com/images/u03...mg/f000001.jpg

Simply remove the image tags if you don't like the image on your newthread or newreply templates.

wolfyman 02 Mar 2006 01:17

oh, and leave the

bit if you want to allow forum uploads as well- I changed my forum so they can upload one attachment via the regular manage atachments thing, and if they want to upload a ton of pics they can use holdmyfile.com.

Frank Butcher 02 Mar 2006 14:20

Will this work with 3.5.3 ?

Smiry Kin's 02 Mar 2006 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorixz

Thanks though!

because this is just copyed and pasted from the imageshack website..
and this doesnt work with anything 3.5

its for 3.0 im sure of it,

check around and theres one for 3.5 some one else made, coded there self.

Smiry Kin's 02 Mar 2006 14:33

http://reg.imageshack.us/content.php?page=syndicate

check vbulletin..