vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268799

Remove Report Post Icon if Post Reported Already by BOP5
by BirdOPrey5
20 Aug 2011 03:23

1 Attachment(s)
This is as simple as mods come.

2 lines of code in 1 plugin. No options, just import the xml file and it's activated. Disable the mod or uninstall it to remove.

No other instructions.

This mod simply removes the "Report Post" icon from a post if someone already reported the post.

Enjoy.

Please Mark as Installed if you use this. :)

Don't all go nominating this Mod of the Month at once- you might crash the site. :eek:

Should work on all VB 3.8 & 4.x versions.

River J 20 Aug 2011 03:43

Thanks, i'll be installing this later on tonight :) good work

HMBeaty 20 Aug 2011 03:43

Awesome! Never thought about doing this. Thanks :D

sulasno 20 Aug 2011 05:40

tagged and thanks

prevents repeat reportings

RobbieZ 20 Aug 2011 14:23

What happens to the post/thread once it has been dealt with?

BirdOPrey5 20 Aug 2011 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieZ (Post 2235729)
What happens to the post/thread once it has been dealt with?

Once it has been reported the icon is gone forever.

Videx 25 Aug 2011 03:52

We find it important to know when multiple users report a post. Then it's not just one person offended, but multiple. Gives the report more weight.

HMBeaty 25 Aug 2011 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videx (Post 2237697)
We find it important to know when multiple users report a post. Then it's not just one person offended, but multiple. Gives the report more weight.

To each his own :)

BirdOPrey5 25 Aug 2011 18:18

Quote:

This mod isn't for everyone. On my forum it doesn't matter if you're offended- it either broke the rules or not. 1 report is plenty.

Videx 25 Aug 2011 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 (Post 2237993)
This mod isn't for everyone. On my forum it doesn't matter if you're offended- it either broke the rules or not. 1 report is plenty.

Good point. We should also do away with jury trials - one man's opinion is all that's needed to make judgements. :)

Maybe I'm missing something. When subsequent members report a post it simply adds another post in the same thread as the first saying "X has also reported this item.". Then it quotes their reason. Often this reason is a totally different angle than the other people's reasons.

At that point staff is probably already discussing the offense so adding a post here and there with other reasoning only aids the discussion.

Max Taxable 25 Aug 2011 19:09

Quote:

I always went the opposite way, cliques like to gang-report their targets. The more reports on it, the less of a look it gets.

This stops all of that nonsense.

BirdOPrey5 25 Aug 2011 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videx (Post 2238009)
Good point. We should also do away with jury trials - one man's opinion is all that's needed to make judgements. :)

Maybe I'm missing something. When subsequent members report a post it simply adds another post in the same thread as the first saying "X has also reported this item.". Then it quotes their reason. Often this reason is a totally different angle than the other people's reasons.

At that point staff is probably already discussing the offense so adding a post here and there with other reasoning only aids the discussion.

When someone reports a thread on my forum I usually disregard whatever comment they may have made since it's irrelevant and would only serve to bias my opinion. I simply read the offending post and see if it broke any of our rules-
Is it spam?
Does it have another member's personal information?
Is it a copyright violation?

If "no" to all of the above I don't take any action. So the comment and the number of reports are usually irrelevant. But everyone runs their forum different- some people remove "offending" posts or have your members "vote" on things. More power to you if it works for you. My forum is not a democracy. :cool:

Big-K 03 Mar 2013 23:10

BOPs,

Question - If a post is reported and subsequently moderated, is there a way to bring the report button back?

BirdOPrey5 04 Mar 2013 12:23

Not without manually editing the database to set the 'reportthreadid' field of the post to 0.

datoneer 04 Mar 2013 12:30

Thanks bop5 this is good mod