vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=238945

champendk 28 Mar 2011 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2177450)
This happens for ladders at the moment.
I'm developing the league at the moment, just got to work on how to place players/teams in groups, depending on their position in their previous league season.

Cant wait....


Make sure that there will be a option to make teams re-register(not start all over but kind of check-in) for every season, as people tent to drop out. This will secure that all teams are ready for the next season, and you won´t have a 2. devision with 2 teams and 12 in 3. devision.

OttawaGolf 29 Mar 2011 19:38

One of our users created a team name that contained an apostrophe and a question mark which caused a server error when he tried to have that team join a tournament. We renamed the team and he joined successfully.
Problem is he tried 5 times unsuccessfully and the number of available team spots was reduced by 5. I can't find a way to put the 5 team spots back.
Your assistance would be appreciated.

Lord. Dela 29 Mar 2011 22:18

Congratulations bananalive. I have some question..

I need your help

As I can do to make when I go to Match Finder, appears the name of the player nominated and not only the date?

I would appreciate very much, is what I need to use this system, thanks.

Gamelobby 30 Mar 2011 02:47

FYI 4.3.2 still shows. (and version list is out dated) :)

WaterAir 30 Mar 2011 21:02

5 Attachment(s)
As Game said, it still says the previous version.

Also, I am having some issues of my own. This looks like an amazing mod and I am excited about trying to work the current bugs out. If anyone could help me out or let me know if these are known bugs it'd be great!

Issue 1: Can't post match comments. (as seen in attachment t1 and t2)

Issue 2: Can't dispute a match in the teams ladder. (as seen in attachment t1)

Issue 3: Match isn't added to match finder when I create a match finder challenge. (as seen in attachment t3)

Issue 4: EDIT: This issue seems to work fine on another PC, disregard the last 2 attachment files.

Thanks for the help in advance and I'm looking forward to new updates!

Oh! and a really nice feature that I think would be somewhat easy to add would be a simple link (either at the top as a sublink under Teams or left side bar) that says "My Teams" that you could click to see which teams you're on... either that or add something to the vB profile that links a players team with their profile.

GamerFill 31 Mar 2011 06:42

Here's a question that probably isn't asked on a regular basis:

Is there a way to require the user to make a PayPal payment before being able to enter?

I'm planning on making a "Gaming for Charity" site, in which each tournament will have a low entry fee, and then the winner of said tournament will get a cut of the entry money, as well as a charity of their choice, and then of course, the remaining money goes to the house.

champendk 31 Mar 2011 07:34

Pay to play would certainly be a nice ad-on to this awesome mod and maybe a feature to controle which usergroups that can enter diffrent ladders tournaments.

WaterAir 31 Mar 2011 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamerFill (Post 2179309)
Here's a question that probably isn't asked on a regular basis:

Is there a way to require the user to make a PayPal payment before being able to enter?

I'm planning on making a "Gaming for Charity" site, in which each tournament will have a low entry fee, and then the winner of said tournament will get a cut of the entry money, as well as a charity of their choice, and then of course, the remaining money goes to the house.

I don't think this mod supports a feature like this, as of now.

I'm really looking forward to the new league feature, and hopefully will figure out how to make it to where teams can dispute matches (instead of only players ladders) and getting my match finder fixed.

I can see it getting confusing if a user doesn't log in for a while and tries to create or join a team and can't because they're already on a team and don't know which team they're on (I have registered users set up to only be able to create 1 team). They would then have to go through the entire team list to see all of the teams that they may have been on in order to leave it. It'd be awesome if it could somehow be simplified with a link showing the teams that they're on so that they can leave them or see their roster.

wampforum 01 Apr 2011 14:18

A couple of questions.

First is it possible to alter the player image? (the one who's url shows the players latest ranking for sigs etc?)

Secondly, I use the ELO ratin system for my ladder but I have the odd anomoly. I have a guy thats played 4 won3 and drawn 1 yest has less points than when he started!! Is that a glitch?

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterAir (Post 2179319)
I can see it getting confusing if a user doesn't log in for a while and tries to create or join a team and can't because they're already on a team and don't know which team they're on (I have registered users set up to only be able to create 1 team). They would then have to go through the entire team list to see all of the teams that they may have been on in order to leave it. It'd be awesome if it could somehow be simplified with a link showing the teams that they're on so that they can leave them or see their roster.

The error message for reaching usergroup limit of number of teams a user can create has been altered for next version, with a link to view all the teams the user has created.

Users can already access this via:

http://www.yousite.com/forums/compet...eams&myteams=1

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by champendk (Post 2179315)
Pay to play would certainly be a nice ad-on to this awesome mod and maybe a feature to controle which usergroups that can enter diffrent ladders tournaments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamerFill (Post 2179309)
Here's a question that probably isn't asked on a regular basis:

Is there a way to require the user to make a PayPal payment before being able to enter?

I'm planning on making a "Gaming for Charity" site, in which each tournament will have a low entry fee, and then the winner of said tournament will get a cut of the entry money, as well as a charity of their choice, and then of course, the remaining money goes to the house.

Pay-for-play is currently unavailable and is not due to be included in the next release but may be available in the future.

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampforum (Post 2179748)
A couple of questions.

First is it possible to alter the player image? (the one who's url shows the players latest ranking for sigs etc?)

Secondly, I use the ELO ratin system for my ladder but I have the odd anomoly. I have a guy thats played 4 won3 and drawn 1 yest has less points than when he started!! Is that a glitch?

1. How did you want it altered?

2. If a player's has 3 wins, 1 draw, 0 loses, then they should have elo rating higher than the starting elo rating. Although it depends on the elo rating's of the other people you play, e.g. only drawing against the worst player in the ladder, will decrease your elo rating (but not by as much as if they beat you).

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterAir (Post 2179163)
As Game said, it still says the previous version.

Also, I am having some issues of my own. This looks like an amazing mod and I am excited about trying to work the current bugs out. If anyone could help me out or let me know if these are known bugs it'd be great!

Issue 1: Can't post match comments. (as seen in attachment t1 and t2)

Issue 2: Can't dispute a match in the teams ladder. (as seen in attachment t1)

Issue 3: Match isn't added to match finder when I create a match finder challenge. (as seen in attachment t3)

Issue 4: EDIT: This issue seems to work fine on another PC, disregard the last 2 attachment files.

Thanks for the help in advance and I'm looking forward to new updates!

Oh! and a really nice feature that I think would be somewhat easy to add would be a simple link (either at the top as a sublink under Teams or left side bar) that says "My Teams" that you could click to see which teams you're on... either that or add something to the vB profile that links a players team with their profile.

1. This issue has been fixed for v4.3.4
2. Users will be able to dispute team challenges in v4.3.4+
3. Make sure you set the match date in the future. Matches will only show in the match finder in they are in the future.

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttawaGolf (Post 2178799)
One of our users created a team name that contained an apostrophe and a question mark which caused a server error when he tried to have that team join a tournament. We renamed the team and he joined successfully.
Problem is he tried 5 times unsuccessfully and the number of available team spots was reduced by 5. I can't find a way to put the 5 team spots back.
Your assistance would be appreciated.

Fixed issue for next version.

You'll have to edit the tournament via PHPMYADMIN or create new tournament and then add the teams to it.

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord. Dela (Post 2178847)
Congratulations bananalive. I have some question..

I need your help

As I can do to make when I go to Match Finder, appears the name of the player nominated and not only the date?

I would appreciate very much, is what I need to use this system, thanks.

User/team names are omitted so that players cannot cherry pick easy players to improve their number of wins.

To show player names you'll have to edit template 'tmnt_ladder_display', and player name some in this bit of html code:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.



All times are GMT. The time now is 20:33.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.